Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Post your favourite Mr Darcy picture here! :)

Want to inspire the authors? Feel free to post your favourite picture of Mr Darcy, Elizabeth or any other P&P character here, regardless the adaptation...

If you don't know how to post a picture, send me an e-mail and I'll explain.

Please do not hotlink, but upload the pictures to your pc first and download them subsequently to a host such as photobucket.

Let me start with one I still cherish after so many years... Colin Firth as Mr Darcy feeling uncomfortable at the Meryton Assembly

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Re: Post your favourite Mr Darcy picture here! :)

If you don't know how it works, send your picture to me, and I'll host and post it for you. :D

Here are a few that I really like...

This is John Constable, a landscape painter. The time is just about right, and I think he looks just like Mr. Darcy (a lot more than either CF or MM do).

Those belong to my favs as well, Rita, and Trinity, I just LOVE this portrait. Indeed, the fine features, the sort of absent look as if he is ill-qualified to recommend himself to strangers... and it's said nowhere in the book Mr Darcy is dark...

Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing, girls, here's another one of mine.

Such a pity there wasn't a wedding celebration in P&P2005 *sigh*

Great idea, Renée !

Not that you ever doubted, of course my very favourite is (still) this one :

Just who could rezist to this mischievous smirk ?

A pleasant surprised look plus a bit of irony... Love it, Mihaela, love it! Thanks.

And indeed, I knew you would post this one!

did I post my treasure before? a gift from a couple of dear friends? What a surprise it was when I received this in the post for my birthday back in 2004.

To think that I didn't know at that moment that I'd actually meet him in person a couple of months later!

Oops this is not Mr Darcy... Sorry! I got carried away.

Oh, Trinity!!! He is exquisite!!!

Oh Renee.
You know how to inspire a writer. I beg you to post a gorgeous picture of CF who is to me the one and only, when he is at Pemberley mooning over Miss Elizabeth as she turned pages for his sister.That besotted look kills me.
I have already sent you one great picture of him in a black shirt. He had the sideburns of Mr Darcy, I believe he might have been filming on occasion of the picture.

Especially for you, my dear Eli!

I think you're right, the other one you sent a while ago must be of that same period.

Eli, once again, you and I think alike! The music scene at Pemberley is is also my favorite Darcy moment.

*Sigh*

This one indeed, but later when he returns to the music room and, leaning against the mantel piece, he has a soft look and then a determined look on his face, I like very much as well.

Am I the only one who thinks Hugh Jackman during his Kate & Leopold days would have made a perfect Darcy?

Oh, Ellen, he's such a cutie. I love HH.

Kudos to you, BTW, it worked!

Yes. I had the same thought about Hugh Jackman.

Does anyone have that photo of Darcy looking out the window at Lizzie playing with the dog. He just took his bath and his hair and face are damp. I believe that is the best picture Colin Firth took as Darcy.

If you have the picture, pls post it

Stevie,
All pictures of CF as Mr Darcy are entirely unique. I I am delighted Renee. Love this picture you posted!!!!!
Ellen I like Hugh Jackman as a modern Mr Darcy...say..."Obstacles" Darcy, or even "Unpolitic" Darcy. That is exactly what I thought when I saw "Scoops" the other day at the movies. He even plays the part of a British millonaire, and has a Pemberley house with the wilderness and all, and gets lost with a young heroine and kisses her...and I thought:God Just like the scene in the series!!!

But Mr Darcy, Regent Mr Darcy has to be him...Colin gorgeous eyes Firth.

OMG, that damp hair... Cannot help but think of a certain scene in a certain story of Eli's hand...

Dolcezza,

OMG! I didn't realize there were so many pictures of Colin Firth post-bath looking out the window at Lizzie. Wonderful.

I know there are purists that didn't like deviations from the novel, but I thought that scene was sensual and it allowed us to see the depth of his interest in Elizabeth.

Thanks for locating and posting the pictures :)

STEVIEB [Stephanie]

Dolcezza!!! What fabulous shots!! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Renee, LOVE your signed photo! Lucky, lucky girl!! Thank you ALL who posted these mouthwatering pictures!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

... and here's my Impolitic Mr. Darcy

Cannot help but think of a certain scene in a certain story of Eli's hand...,

Oh my heart, my ...oh...Thank you Dolcezza. Like Renee, of course I agree that you seem to have captured the very essense of the bath battle of LCT. Gorgeous Darcy in his yellowish bathrobe and damp hair.

There are many voices I've heard saying that Richard Armitage would make a good Darcy.
I tend to agree - and there are some fictions in which I really get to picture RA as Darcy...
It is not perfection, but the pics are cute ! So I hope you enjoy !

I loved Richard Armitage as Mr Thornton in North and South, I loved him as Claude Monet in The Impressionists, and I've loved him in varius other TV productions. He would have made an excellent Mr Darcy, to be sure, Mihaela! [hearbeat]

Teresita sent me a sequence of the new movie for us to enjoy. A scene in Pemberley I loved myself very much as well.

Here you go!

I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but I think MM actually looks better when he's NOT smiling. My favorite look of his is around the moment posted by Rita above, when he surprises Elizabeth with his presence at Rosings and silences the ridiculous Mr. Collins at Rosings with just a flick of his eyes. (Now THAT's power!)

silences the ridiculous Mr. Collins at Rosings with just a flick of his eyes. (Now THAT's power!)

Indeed, I agree! But I like his smile, he's gor a magnificent set of teeth.

This is my favourite. It should read Mr Darcy in the background. But honestly. Who cares?

He's GORGEOUS here, definitely! And indeed, what's in a name?...

One kind request, ladies. Please resize your pictures to normal forum proportions as to limit the use of bandwidth. Thanks! It's a possiblity in photobucket, very easy.

<--- blushes scarlet

I'm glad you liked them.

While trying to evade writing an essay, I decided to load a couple more P&P eps and take a few more screen shots.

I particularly like fencing!Darcy... not sure why

HI Renée !!
don't know how to post a picture!!!
Testing

Thanks

because a man with a sword is hot!

Joe! We are on the same boat. Send me an email. A good friend of mine has just given me the clearest instructions ever.
Renee! Pardon the seize.SmileyCentral.com I am too green at this. I will give it a new try.

Oh I just loved that fencing picture, and those mischievous looks before that. Mr Darcy is simply one and only.

Ladies, the rest of the guys are really sth. They are clearly gorgeous. Still not my cup of tea.

"Ladies, the rest of the guys are really sth. They are clearly gorgeous. Still not my cup of tea."

Eli, I absolutely share your opinion! He is the one and only Mr Darcy for me!

Renee! Pardon the seize. I am too green at this. I will give it a new try.

I understand Eli, never mind. That picture is a wallpaper to grace your desktop with.

I see that this thread has grown into a positive Colin - Mr. Darcy - Firth love fest!

I love other Darcy's as much, MM, Sir Laurence Olivier... but now that I drool over all these CF pics I think, as far as looks are concerned, he's the most scrumptious.

I love hsi shy smile when he has this banter with Lizzy at the pianoforte.

Joe, unless dear Eli already helped you out, e-mail me at renee at mrsdarcy dot com and I'll explain.

R~

Those are all good but Ellen, that photo of Hugh Jackman was yummy. Love the thought of him as a possible Darcy. Makes me want to see the movie again.

Lucy,

Doesn't he deserve better than Meg Ryan in that hideous haircut?

Definitely. Me for example.SmileyCentral.com

thank you Eli!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness Joe, these are absolutely fabulous. I've got loads of screencaps from IMFD too. One of my fav movies!

The one where he's looking out of the window makes me almost cry "come over here, I'll cmfort you!"

Scrumptious, Jess!

Since everyone is fumming about Fitzwilliam being my hero in LCT(I have already introduced you to my muse for that role), I must confess that ever since I saw this gorgeous man playing the part of Ramdom Crawly in Vanity Fair, I have pictured him as the perfect Colonel Fitzwilliam for AAITSL. What do you think?

Ah! James Purefoy! I could certainly see him as Colonel Fitzwilliam. I watched Mansfield Park for the first time last night and he played Edward's dissolute older brother Tom. Such a handsome man! If you haven't seen him in Maybe Baby, that's a must see. He's on fire in that one. Matthew is in it too, as a scenery chewing ego maniac. Now that I'm on a roll Hugh Laurie is in it, too! I think I need to drag that movie out, dust it off and put it in the player! LOL

I agree, Eli, James Purefoy is lovely! Enjoy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Guhhhhhh....Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That'd be him, Renee! LOL

OMG, Renee, where can I get me one of those?

MM can be so cut! Just look!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And ...

And this one!

J.

Gosh, Joe, they're gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

Ellen, go to www.youtube.com and just do a search! I'm quite addicted to it, to tell you the truth.

Renee...Your impressions on dearest Colonel Fitzwilliam have left me openmouthed...I suppose you have not seen him in breeches? Or without them...

1 2 3