Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pride and Prejudice adaptations.

You can post your opinion on your favourite adaptation in this thread!

Looking forward to your views.

R~

Re: Pride and Prejudice adaptations.

Just to get back to Stevie's comments. I totally get what you are saying about adaptaions vs. JA's works. But in movie land, I am most forgiving if I am entertained and the acting is believable. The 2005 P&P is my favorite and I forgive ALL it's straying and any inaccuracies from the original because I accept that it is a screenplay adaptaion... much like fanfiction is an adaptation. The "artist" interprets and the audience can take it or leave it. I enjoyed the '95 version (recognizing the acting of Mrs. Bennett and Lydia as over-the-top and almost caricatures) and if it weren't for the superb performances of principals in Lizzy and Darcy, I would have never spent the money to own it. Macfadyen's portrayal of Darcy is most believable and he is (to me, perfect!) very prideful, haughty and even shy. But I didn't regard him as shy until Rosings-- and even then still saw him as extremely arrogant. Anyway, I just wanted to chime in and thank you for taking the time to state your rousing opinion. Gotta love the topic: Mr. Darcy, what a man!