Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Obstacles to Overcome by Belén

Chapter 20 is up, dear readers. Enjoy!

Chapter 21 and 22 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

Belén, I cannot tell you how much I enjoy re-reading your terrific story. Certainly now that they feel more and more at ease with each other. I so remember their ride across the grounds of Pemberley.
One thing I had forgotten... Aberystwyth is mentioned... I've been there on my very first vacation with my boyfriend - in the meantime my husband for many many years - back in 1971. We hitchhiked through England to Wales and stayed on a camping site of a former lover of one of my sisters. He held horses too! Wow, I haven't thought of it for a long time, so thank you for having brought back such sweet memories.

Hi Belén!
I, too, can't thank you enough for posting OtO again. I just love this story. Its as fresh the second time around as it was the first time I read it.

Thank you again!

Cheers,
Julia B

Belen,

I have loved, loved, loved this story. I am so impressed with your writing; I feel like I am right there! Wonderful character development! This Darcy is one of my favorite fanfiction versions to date -- Regency or modern -- he is amazing -- dreamy, actually. As a horselover I am especially thrilled with how you've used the equestrian theme. It really works! When you first posted to this site, I was hesitant to begin reading because there is nothing more frustrating than beginning a story only to have it end midstream -- but I confess, I found this on another fanfiction site and could hardly stop reading. Was so happy! Now, I am reading it AGAIN on this site and wondered if you are making changes to this version? Seems like you must be because as impossible this may seem, it is even better. Anyway, thank you very much for this delightful and satisfying story. WELL DONE!

Chapters 23, 24 and 25 have just been posted. Enjoy, my dears!

It's been a while, my dears, but here you go! Chapters 26 and 27 have been posted.

Awesome story, looking forward to reading chapters 28 on. Keep up the great work.

Thank you Pauline!

Obstacles is already finished so if you are anxious to know how it ends, you can read the compelte story at Austen Interlude. this is a revised version, but it differes very little from the original.

Good Read!

Hugs
Be

I'm anxiously awaiting the next, m'dear!

Here you go, my dears! Chapters 28, 29 and 30 are up. Enjoy!

Show jumping album! Ha-- Now that is funny! Poor Lizzy, trying to recover some dignity from her utter embarrassment of her family, etc. only to be tormented further by a now funny-man-Darcy. I'm so glad they are together finally! I'm all smiles.

I just discovered this today, Renée. I read it through, well until there was no more...
This is lovely... and specially because I do love horses!!!
You wrote it so lively... Darcy's personality is very interesting, loyal to its P&P-original in many ways...
and Lizzies's too. I am starting falling for the Modern versions of P&P (although I once thought I would never be able to enjoy them ...) After all, you do have amazing ones here!!!...
Look forward to reading next chapters soon.

Thank you for the direction to austeninterlude, it is great to read the full story.
I'm new at this FF browsing, I didn't realise there were so many sites to entertain.

Keep up the good work.....

Chapter 31 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Thanks for another great chapter. I think I would be intimidated by Darcy too. It would be worth the intimidation though, wouldn't it! Cindy

Very nice, indeed. I can very well understand Elizabeth's situation and her insecurity towards Darcy. They belong to two different worlds and to bridge them it is not an easy task. But thanks God love has the power to overcome all barriers. And as Darcy fell so strongly and since so long for Lizzy, he is not going to give her up now. Good that Lady C and Ann are on his side, too.
Look forward for... MORE!!!
Maria

Chapters 32 and 33 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

I love the way you describe her state of mind after the last kiss: "like a zombie...she went to her room"... It shows how unexperienced and innocent Lizzy is and it fits so well to the story. Wonderfully written.

Maria

I want to go on a date with William Darcy!! (I'm sure my husband would not be happy.) This story is really heating up now. Can't wait for more especially since D&E are all happy and in-love!

Such a shame that it takes so long until the next post is up.
One is "forced" to look for the story somewhere else...
And that is not fair...
I would sincerely prefair to read it all through here.
In any way, the story is finished, isn't it?

Maria, dear, thanky you so much for your loyalty. Obviously I prefer the visitors to remain here as well, but in this case either I or Belén can help it. Belén is editing this story but her time is limited, and I am of course dependant of her. Most of the time I post shortly after having received the chapters. I'm anxiously awaiting the new ones as you are.

Patience my dears!

Right now I'm finishing the following three chapters. You'll receive them soon, Renèe!

Hugs
Be

Right now I'm finishing the following three chapters. You'll receive them soon, Renèe!

I'm on the look-out, m'dear!

Great chapter Belen. I was quite squirming in my seat at the uncomfortable dinner situation. That Bennet family, regardless of who's writing the story, is always so embarrassing. Glad you are working diligently to finish this story to a happy resolution! Keep up the good work!

Chapter 35 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Any idea of when we can expect an update? I was not fortunate to catch it before it was pulled at Austen Interlude, but I have read Appearences, that is an excellent story!

I don't know, Karen, I hope soon though. I'll ask, if Belen doesn't reply to your post herself.

Indeed, all Belén's stories are excellent. From the very beginning of my own discovery of the fandom quite a few years ago, I've been a great fan of hers.

all Belén's stories are excellent

Yeah, she's the best.

Wow!

That really worked on my ego! I've been kind of busy these days, but I'll be sending an update to Renèe tonight.

Thanks for the praise, ladies!

Hugs
Be

but I'll be sending an update to Renèe tonight.

I couldn't wait to post it!

Chapter 36 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

but I can't get to it!

My link just takes me back to chapter 32-35.

Like anyone else, he had faults (...) Apart from his difficulty in opening up and his tendency to stay locked within himself, Darcy was (very) possessive with the people he loved, slightly overbearing and very, very territorial.

Like I said before - this is my favorite Darcy, SmileyCentral.com
and these are my favorite Darcy's faults. SmileyCentral.com

There's nothing I like better than a protective man... says the second wave feminist!

*sigh*

Darcy always leaves me breathless-- why doean't he just ask her to marry him? Many things would be solved at once: any insecurities would dissolve knowing they were committed, the sex, her tuition... Keep writing Belen! Love the story.

Chapter 37 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

yea, I am so glad you posted.

That Bennett household is so loud! I am so glad it hasn't scared Darcy off -- and he is coming to the point of asking her. Great chapter!

Great chapter, Thanks!

I must be the only person who did not read this LOVELY story when still available on AI. Anyway, I love it!!! I love the story, the inteaction between characters, the setting, the dialogues... everything!
Dear Renee and Belen, can we have some more, please???
Hugs and kisses
Lella

Chapter 39 has just been posted, my dears. Enjoy!

Yeah, hot indeed! Thanks, Belen, for another great chapter. I love the fact that I can't remember all the details of this story. Post soon, please! Cindy

Cindy~ you took the words right out of my mouth...Hot indeed.

BELEN: I can feel the frustration radiating from Darcy’s body when he kisses Elizabeth. That can only come from a great writer! I know you just posted but I’m waiting in angst to see what happens next.

This is such a fully realized story, very well written. I am torn between wanting everything to hurry up and get resolved already and hoping that our talented authoress will find ways to prolong the suspense indefinitely.

This site is such a wonderful destination. I've been a lurker for a while--I check it daily--but this is my first post. Having received so much enjoyment it is only fair that I faithfully promise to make a contribution for its upkeep (after I put the kids to bed).

Thank you, Mrs. Darcy, as well as all of the excellent authors who share their work so generously--especially Belen! Now time to get those kids down...

"I am torn between wanting everything to hurry up and get resolved already and hoping that our talented authoress will find ways to prolong the suspense indefinitely."
You can be sure JOjobo, Belén is such a wonderful writer, it will be delightful till the end.
THanks again Belén for this chapter. I must confess I did manage to read this story of yours before, because I could not waite anylonger to find out the end of it... But I do appreciate it even better now, that I read it again, slowly.

Wow SmileyCentral.com

Thank you, Mrs. Darcy

You're quite welcome, my dear Jo. Did you receive my e-mail BTW? I sent it through a different e-amil address.

I see you're quite speechless, Basia. well, so was I.

And... silly me, I forgot to announce here that chapter 40 is up. Enjoy

WOW, Is right! Lucky, lucky Lizzy.

Belen, Your Darcy makes me dizzy with anticipation of the next. Make them get engaged at least... I think that will solve alot of their mutual commitment insecurity. It will put it out there for all to see. Write write write. The post post post!

My dears, chapter 41 is up. Enjoy!

1 2 3