Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Time of the Season by Sofie

Great! Wickham is exposed! But he's going to create more havoc perhaps?! Eagerly waiting for the chance meeting betw Darcy and Lizzy!

Awesome! Thank you for posting so soon! I'm really looking forward to reading more!

Yey! A good chapter with more D&E interaction. Loved the silent, tension-filled three hours that they spent together. I'm glad to see that Elizabeth is regretting her outburst. I'm looking forward to the eventual happy ending. :)

We haven't heard the last from Wickham, have we? I am glad he's been fired.

Hm, I thought I posted a comment yesterday, but it's not here. Trying again...

Well done yet again! Can't wait for more!

I guess I thought Wikham was not only incompetent, but that he also spread the fungus by not following safe plant handling techniques.

Hm, I thought I posted a comment yesterday, but it's not here. Trying again...

There was a problem with the link, Erika, so more posts were lost. I've fixed it though, and I hope it won't happen again.

Chapter 12 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Wow! What a great chapter. I'm so excited to see Darcy and Elizabeth getting along. The Lydia scene was crushing, as always, and it was nice to see Darcy being so compassionate. Your attention to detail continues to delight your readers!

Loving it! It's so great that the chapters are coming more often now. I hope Darcy saves the day in the next chapter!

It was just going so well. I hope George goes to jail for child molesting. Can't wait for more!

Thanks for all your responses. I missed a lot of them because I never realised it had gone over to a new page. I'm so glad that you like the way I've transposed the story into the modern day setting with the plant disease concept. I was a bit worried everybody would find it boring or something. Thanks for following the story so faithfully. The next chapter will be up as soon as I get it back from my extremely busy beta.

Oooh good chapter! I can't believe that you left us hanging there!! Actually I can but I wish you hadn't :P Can't wait for the next chapter :)

Chapter 13 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

What cruel torment is this? I can see the link but when I go to the page, chapter 13 is nowhere to be found. Is anyone else having this problem?

hee hee Joanna! Refresh your page, I bet it'll help. The link is definitely working. If it doesn't help anyway just go to this page and scroll down till you reach chapter 13. Otherwise use the search tool to find it. It's there, I promise!

Awesome! So the next chapter is when it all falls into place? So looking forward to that!

So glad she has been recovered and doesn't have to marry Wickham. I look forward to Darcy's return.

Great chapter!

For as smart as Lizzy is, she is the ultimate pessimist when it comes to Darcy! Open your eyes and heart girlfriend!

Frances

I'm glad you're all still enjoying this story. No real surprises I know, because it's a straight modern retelling, but I thought it would be a good challenge to stick as closely to canon as I could in this different situation. Chapter 14 will be posted shortly.

but I thought it would be a good challenge to stick as closely to canon as I could in this different situation. Chapter 14 will be posted shortly.

And as always you did an amazing job, dear Sofie.

Chapter 14 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Nice to see Darcy in a lighter mood, love the conversation betw him and Lizzy over lunch . Will he come striding thru some mist and re-declare his feelings for Lizzy again? Look forward to your next chapter, Sofie!

Loved chapter 14 of your excellent story! Just like Darcy and Bingley's visit to Longbourn, once again he is shy and doesn't speak up. Sigh. I can handle the angst only because I know a happy ending is around the corner. Looking forward to it SO much! :)

I am so glad Mrs. D has showed up. That means Darcy will be back, yes? Good for J & C. Nice to see them back together. I love Mary. She amuses me. Thanks for the lovely new chapter, Sofie!

Chapter 15, the conclusion of "Time of the Season" has just been posted on sofie's pages, my dears. And a lovely conclusion it is! Don't forget to give Sofie a little love.

What a nice story ending! Them at the beach was adorable and I am glad you decided to end it there, before we know what will happen.

I really enjoyed this FF. I know nothing about plants, so I'm afraid I can't appreciate whatever knowledge and expertise were put in there, but I loved in particular the way the Austen scenes were modernized. They were impossible to miss in the stories, but they weren't hokey; the language was modern, the set-up was modern, and for anyone who had not read P&P it wouldn't seem the scene was based on something else. Often in some modern FF the language will revert from modern back to almost Regency-era English, which is just jarring.

In particular what struck me were Colin's conversation with Elizabeth and Dubarry's conversation with Elizabeth. They were clearly from P&P, but so updated they worked brilliantly.

This has been a real delight to read. I have enjoyed all your stories; the settings, the characters and the dialogue. This has been just as good as the others and has left me with a lovely warm feeling!
Thanks - and I look forward to the next one!
Juliet

Sofie, it was beautiful! Thank you and hope to read your next story soon!
Sheila

Lovely story full of wonderful details. I can't believe it's over! Sequel?

Absolutely lovely Sofie! Thank you for this treat.

Roselle

Great story Sofie! I had enjoyed reading this modern adaption and hope to see a new story from you soon!

This was so beautiful! I love your stories Sofie, you write with great sensitivity and tenderness. I think Time of the Season is really wonderful as a modern retelling of the story. I really felt you were channeling Jane in many scenes, the one in the car especially and in the end with Aunt Katherine. Great stuff. Thank you for a most entertaining and enjoyable read. I'll be waiting for any new stories you decide to write.

That was a wonderful epilogue, Sofie. A truly charming story! Keep writing, please?

Thank you all sooooo much. I really enjoyed the challenge of writing this story, and am glad everyone stayed with me for the ride. It's a little sad that it's over, but there's always something new on the horizon. At the moment I'm co-writing two other stories with very good friends of mine and they can be found at another site. I don't think I'll attempt another full length story till I've got the other two completed.

A perfect end to a wonderful story.
Thank you so much
Jo

What a good ending to your excellent story. I admire all the hard work you've put into it, making it parallel P&P in every respect. The final declarations of "like" seemed a little pale in comparison to the real thing, but maybe that's because modern life doesn't seem to bring out the One True Passion as the historical version did. The only false note that I noticed was when Darcy draped his arm around Beth...it seemed like it should have been a hand touch, or something else more tentative. But that's just my take. :) Thanks for a great read!

Dear Sophie,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us. I am very much looking forward to your next work. You write beautifully.

Hi Sofie :)

I love all your stories, I've read some of them twice. What strikes me the most is that you always manage to write them true to the Austen's characterization but also deeply modern and the two sides of the stories do not clash.

Keep writing and thanks.

Serinah

1 2