Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Time of the Season by Sofie

I should have a new chapter ready for you all in another week. I hope you continue to read and enjoy.

I'm very much looking forward to it, dear Sofie. Your stories are quite addictive... A healthy kind of addiction!

Chapter two has been posted, my dears. Enjoy!

"Fitzsnobbiam guy"

Love it! Enjoying your story....

Thanks so much. Glad you are enjoying it. Elizabeth does have a way with words, doesn't she?

Sofie, I'm enjoying this new story of yours. I love that you've set it in the plant nursery world - an unusual and interesting setting. You've certainly presented a first meeting rife with potential conflict - poor Bethie and Fitzwilliam's insulting greeting. But I loved her dream, and her calling him "Fitsnobbiam" LOL! And Carrie and Lou were delightfully incompetent. Looking forward to your next installment.

Thanks joanie! I'm glad you are reading and enjoying.

Chapter three of dear Sofie's Time of the Season has just been posted, my dears. Enjoy!

I'm really enjoying this story. I know next to nothing about plants, so it's entertaining and educational as well!

Bill Collins, Elizabeth's long lost friend! That was funny how he showed up and insinuated himself. Isn't that how it always is? Whenever your trying to be inconspicuous that one person who is "flamboyant" shows up and makes you appear like you have flashing lights taped to your forehead!

I enjoyed the way Elizabeth got mad at Darcy when he handled her customer for her. He really was doing a service, but she's too prejudice to see it that way. That was entertaining, then you have her mother who isn't interested in how to handle it the next time. She's a real ditz in the nursery business. Maybe she should go work with Jane at the florist!

I'm really enjoying this story so far, Sophie. Mrs. Bennett is funny, as usual. Poor Elizabeth with Collins. Amy Lynn was right about the flashing light when you just want to blend in. Please post a new chapter soon. I want to hear more about Fitzsnobbin. Cindy

This promises to be great story - as any reader of Sofie's other work would predict!
Any idea when another chapter might be posted?
In eagerness,
JulietR

Hi Juliet! Sofie recently e-mailed me that she has been terribly busy, but that she will continue this great story soon.

Did you know that, apart from her writing skills, Sofie's a talented painter too?

Here's a link to her site.

Mrs Darcy's in awe!

Wow there are some stunning paintings here!
You are right, Renee, but I should have guessed this from the way she wrote about painting in Pember Lake.
Thanks for the info,
JulietR

Breathlessly barging in to announce that chapter four of Sofie's delightful Time of the Season has just been posted. Enjoy!

Oh, lovely, another chapter! I've been thinking about this story, so glad it's continuing. Looking forward to more!

Erika

Re: Re: Time of the Season by Sofie

Collins is a piece of work! So glad you posted, Sofie.

Great to see an update to this story! Collins is just plain disgusting, i got goose bumps!

This post is from MAB:

Sophie,

I'm so glad you're continuing with this story. I really am enjoying it.

Please keep up the good work!

Best,

MAB

Thanks so much for your comments everyone! I'm so glad you're interested in reading thuis still. I'm hoping to post regularly from now on. I've got most of it written - soon it'll just be up to my lovely beta!

Thanks for posting the link to my art website *blush* I just wish I were as good of an artist as Bella.

My dears, chapter 5 is up. Enjoy!

I love that name...Fitzsnobbiam...so clever of her. Thanks for posting a new chapter. I can't wait to see what happens when Beth gets a chance to accuse him of meddling in J & C's relationship. That should be amusing!

Counting down for the Darcy &Lizzy confrontation!

Hi Sofie,

I enjoyed this chapter - especially Mr. Bennet's typically sarcastic comments about the girls! I feel sorry for poor Jane - and look forward to the inevitable confrontation with Fitzsnobbiam!

Joanie

Thanks for all your responses. A few more things have to happen before Fitzsnobbiam gets blasted by Beth, but you can be sure that it'll be a doozie when it happens!

Chapter 6 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

I have completely forgotten about Wickham! Now here he is stiring up trouble

Agreed! I just hope she doesn't fall too much under his spell and Fitznobbiam comes and saves the day REALLY quickly!

Anxiously awaiting another delightful chapter!

I hope Wickham doesn't cause too much trouble but I am sure he will. Dinner may be a bash-Fitzwilliam fest. Thanks for the new chapter, Sofie.

You'll see more of Wickham in the next chapter and maybe some of your questions will be answered. Thanks so much for all your comments and for continuing to read.

Chapter 7 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

I am so glad she doesn't love him! Liddie is going to keep trying to get George won't she? Thanks for the new chapter.

Thank goodness they didn't advance further or Lizzy will be hurt! It's good to have a good head on her shoulder, though i can't say the same for her prejudice towards Darcy...

Chapter 8 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Poor Jane...that was so sad thinking that she was glad at least someone was happy. I am glad E is tired of George. That's good sign. thanks for the new chapter. Sofie, you make this sound so real. Do you really know that much about plants? It sounds like you do!

Still loving the story. Thanks for the new chapter!

Erika

Sofie,
Thanks for posting a new chapter. I can't wait for more of this story. I was also glad that Elizabeth was tired of George. I'm sure he's not finished with his damage. Please post soon!!! I posted a reply earlier, but I'm not sure where it went because it's not on here. Renee will probably find it in some weird place. Thanks again!!! Cindy

Ahh...looks like Fitzsnobbiam is stepping on the accelerator, but still not doing much to indicate his interest in Lizzy!?! Buck up man!

Thanks for all your responses. I'm glad you continue to enjoy the story.

Lucy - I know a bit about plants and nurseries as I used to work in the field. I actually worked as an inspector for this certification program until recently, though all the agency names have been changed to protect the innocent - namely me. One summer a couple of years ago I was letting my mind wander while inspecting a nursery and I began to see just how P&P could fit into the setting - and the idea for this story was born.

Chapter 9 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Poor fitznobbiam ...
Look forward the next chapter
Great story Sofie, thank you

Cathyv

Ooh, Hunsford is coming! I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next chapter! Pretty please!

Look forward to the ride home

Chapter 10 is up, my dears. Enjoy Sofie's modern interpretation of the first proposal!

Oh Sofie,
This is a quite brilliant reworking of the Hunsford proposal.
DF is a judgemental idiot, but his vulnerability is clear.
I cannot wait to read how/if they deal with each other after the email.
Thanks for another terrific story,
Juliet

Wow, well done! And are they really going to see each other so soon after the letter? I wonder how that's going to go!

There's something strange happening in the forum... Some posts I receive in my mailbox don't show up in the thread!

Below I've copied two that are meant for Sofie's TOTS:

The message was posted by Dina C.

Wow! What a great job you have done (AGAIN!) at skillfully weaving the P&P plot into your modern tale. I just love the way you used modern language to achieve what Jane Austen did with the English of her time. Though this modern Wickham's crimes seem less severe than the original's (no attempted elopement with Georgiana), I'm glad to see Elizabeth already regretting her hasty judgment of Darcy. Great work! Please continue to post chapters regularly. I look forward to them so much!!!

The message was posted by Joanna

I wanted to say that I am thoroughly enjoying Time of the Season and am eagerly anticipating each instalment. They seem to take ages to come out! Sofie, we beg you speed up the posting process. I really like your stories and I really enjoyed the twist on the Pride and Prejudice theme in this one. The scene in the car was really well done, a worthy modernisation of a classic scene with just the right sense of indignation from Elisabeth and cluelessness from Darcy. I can't wait for the story to continue...

R~

Love your Hunsford scene! Poor darcy though, but glad that the the explanation is out of the way, and Lizzy is regretting her outburst. Will there be a Wickham/Lydia elopment? Can't wait to see how you work that bit out, Sophie!

Chapter 11 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

That was a great chapter, Darcy was great as usual, Wickham is a waste of space, at least Elizabeth knows that now too.
So she is starting to have a few regrets regarding Darcy, about time too.
Poor Darcy, he is such a gentleman, I rely on you geting these 2 back together and soon, preferably with Bingley in tow.
Many Thanks
Jo

Great! Wickham is exposed! But he's going to create more havoc perhaps?! Eagerly waiting for the chance meeting betw Darcy and Lizzy!

Awesome! Thank you for posting so soon! I'm really looking forward to reading more!

1 2