Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tanya's Strange Bedfellows

Renee dearie..have you heard anything from Tanya lately

I'm afraid not, darlin'. The lat thing I heard was that she was working on it, but very slowly due to RL issues.

Of course I want to e-mail her and inquire, but perhaps you'd like to do it yourself?

You'll find her e-mailaddy on the bottom of each page of her mini-site.

Renee and Ima,
I also emailed Tanya letting her know that we missed her story. I hope she will let us know whether or not to get our hopes up. Hope to hear something soon! Cindy

Thanks Cindy..I do hope for the best..I have not contacted her myself..fearing that I might push the wrong button... ..

I know what you mean, Ima. I was a little nervous and tried to be gentle. I don't want to scare her away from us crazed fans. Have a great day!!!!

don't worry, girls. Tanya is a lovely person, but such a busy woman too! Let's hope she'll manage to pick up her wonderful story soon again!

Please i'm in agony waiting for this story to be resolved!
Please finish the story and post soon!!!
really love it-addicted to it really (better than chocolate in some ways)
Love it!
Post soon!!!

Any news???

I've tried e-mailing Tanya, but I haven't heard back. Renee, do you have any news?

Tanya,

Your story has completely captivated me. It is so wonderfully written. You have a great gift of taking the bulk of P&P and turning it into a completely different and fascinating story.

Your characters are real-life subjects that are going through the most horrendous circumstances in regency times.

Please don't leave this story unfinished. A final closure is necessary and, from the way things look, may be rather lengthly I know but please keep writing.

We are all , your devoted and faithful readers, waiting and wishing we could do something to assist.

Please relieve our suffering soon!

I'm sorry, girls, but I haven't heard from Tanya. I'll try to contact her soon again. Promise!

Is the story going to continue? I've been waiting so long for a conclusion!
Mac

Still have nothing to report unfortunately. Sorry!

Ouch! I should have read the boards before starting the story, I have to say I stayed up until 4:30 am to finish it, so ouch for me, its a shame, it is a very well written story, refreshing.

Great story, it is very different from the ones I have read in a good way.

I have to ask,but Im not going to allow myself to hope, its just curiosity, have there been other stories that seemed to be stalled for a long period of time and still got finished?

I have to ask,but Im not going to allow myself to hope, its just curiosity, have there been other stories that seemed to be stalled for a long period of time and still got finished?

Unfortunately there are some more stories that haven't been updated for a while. Most of them will be finished eventually. It's often RL that gets in the way. rest assured though that most authors of Mrs Darcy's circle finish their stories, even if they need a little bit more time than the readers would wish for.

If you surf to the stories index you'll find the ones that are completed and those that are not as yet.

Re updates.
In point of fact Hyacinthgirl just updated a story over on HG "Such a Man" after two years.
So there is hope that other writers will follow.

I just got to the last bit of Strange Bedfellows that has been posted.

Aaaaaaaaaaah!!!! That's my only reaction. Aaaahhh! It can't stop here! There has to be an ending! I'm patient, usually, I understand life's interferences, (Really!) But... Aaaaah!

I really hope, Tanya (if you see this!) that you finish the story! That said, take the time that you need to finish it well, you're writing style is amazing to me. I can only hope at some point in the future I might even come close to that level...

I will be (not so) patiently waiting for it to continue! I really love this story!

Liz

Tanya I hope your listening to us. Pls. update us.
annj

Tanya, are you out there?? Are you writing anymore?? Hello- hello??? I need my Strange Bedfellows resolution. You know us Americans, we need closure... preferably a sweet, happy ending ending.

Dearest Renée..
Is there no little bird whispering that Tanya is working on her most beautiful, delightful, stunning story?...
Please, have a mercy on your poor readers who are patiently waiting for the new (hopefully wonderful) chapter!
Love:
Sheila

Tanya, where are you? Please tell us you're working on this story. This is a great story and it would be a great shame, if it were to be abandoned. You could easily wrap it up in a couple more chapters. Please? At least let us know you're still around.

Until then I will reread the story again, in hopes of a new chapter in the horizon.

Tanya,
Please say you are working on this. Please send some word as I know not what to do with my days without the rest of this story-It is just GREAT. I can't wait to know the rest of the story and of course the ending. Both of your stories are sooooo captivating I have ignored the rest of my life just to read them through.

Please some word to let us know????

Marie M., Funny how you say you will read again and hope for another chapter on the horizon. I've read it twice now (just torturing myself) as another chapter has not miraculously appeared... It is such a great story. I sincerely hope our fine authoress comes back to this story. It is truly an enjoyable read. There are so many ways the story could go-- and I'm anxious for the happily ever after!!

I've e-mailed Tanya some time ago but never received a reply, I'm sorry to say. I'll try again soon, okay?

Do not bother. I have already written my own solution for the story and I am quite satisfied.

Do not bother. I have already written my own solution for the story and I am quite satisfied

You're too funny, Eli.

Hey -- How about a contest -- who can write the best ending to Tanya's story!

Only, who has time...which is probably why poor Tanya hasn't been able to finish it.

Hey -- How about a contest -- who can write the best ending to Tanya's story!SmileyCentral.com

I strongly believe Donna has surpassed all borders of fun, if I was ever funny!!!
SmileyCentral.com
This is what I call real desperate measures from real addicted people!
Now, seriously. Donna, I do not think Tanya would like anyone to finish her story if she intends to finish it, and I think she will eventually do. But I must say that I too have gotten really anxious as regards Tanya's story.
Why don't you follow my example and write your own happy ending?

I insist TAnya should finish it...I have every hope she will do it, BUT WHEN???
OK, I will practise some more patience..

Only, who has time...which is probably why poor Tanya hasn't been able to finish it.

I think you hit the nail right on the head, Donna. Let's just hope she will finish it at one point, 'cause no author I know would want anybody else finish his/her story, however tempting the thought.

Indeed, Sheila, exercise a little more patience, that's all we can do.

Please try and email her again and just ask to tell us IF she is working on it.
thanks bunches

I wish you would write thje rest of the story. This was the best fan fiction I cam across. You should complete the story. There would be lots like me just waiting.

Tanya, Strange Bedfellows is one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. You've done a wonderful job. Congratulations.
Please, Please, Please, keep writing. All your readers need to know what it is going to happend to Fitzwilliam and Elizabeth.
Congratulation againg and sorry for my english (it is not my first language).
Good luck
Romi

I, too, have been watching day after day, month after month to see if any new chapters have been written.

This is such a well written story and such a unique story.

Tanya, please hear our pleas. We all want you to finish this story or at least let us know that you are still working on it.

I absolutely love this story, but I have been disappointed to see that no new chapters have been updated. I understand that there are many other factors which may prevent Tanya from finishing her wonderful story, but it gets harder and harder to practice patience when such a novel story has me hooked.

Tanya, where are you? Let us know if you are okay. Please! As you can see there are tons of eager readers waiting for a new chapter. You cannot abandon this story. We HAVE to know if E&D will be back together. Will Mr. Darcy live to see them happy? or will he die not knowing if his son will ever find happiness? Will Elizabeth's brother come back to her before her marriage problems are resolved?

Please Tanya DONT abandon this story. I'm sure you can crank out one chapter, its been years. Dont leave us hanging like Rebecca has done with A Shade In His Character.

Finish this story and be happy knowing you have brightened our days. After all, I am sure your story will go down in FF history as a classic. This is one of the first stories I read while discovering P&P Fanfiction.

And please, answer Renees Emails.

Hope to see a new chapter in the horizon

Sky

I agree with Sky. Dont abandon this please Tanya.

I know Tanya is well, but I fear RL occupations prevents her from continuing the story at this point. I fervently hope with you all that she won't abandon it. She finished her previous story, so I'm optimistic. As soon as I know more, I'll inform you. Promise.

I am dying... I didn't realize this is a WIP and I was staying up to finish it.... I implore you to beg her to finish it! I was quite shocked to have it stop, I kept waiting on the conclusion. It is an amazing story as was her last one and she has such the gift to creat these fine stories to share with us! Hopefully this will be encouragement to finish. When was the last chapter posted?

I, too, wish for a conclusion to this story. I cannot even imagine how it will end. Tanya is so talented that I know she can clear it all up for us. Suzi, with the exception of the WIP's on this site that have regular postings, I always scroll to the end to see if it is finished. I have become to addicted to read a story only to discover that it is unfinished. We'll all have to keep hoping that RL allows Tanya to at least finish this story before we all go crazy. Cindy

Dear frustrated felloship,
Did Tanya send a chapter lately?

All in all, I fear Mrs Darcy has indeed warned Tanya's readership that the story is NOT finished. If it reads WIP, that means, work in progress, thus unfinished. Soooo sorry. You had better read labels before opening tins.

Thank you, Eli, for the info., but on some other sites there are not WIP warnings. Those are the stories I was referring to. Cindy

I have to say I'm in agreement with everyone else. I'm desperate for Tanya to finish this! Its such a great story!

*sigh* I've officially given up hope of seeing this story completed. If the author had any intention of finishing it, then she would have alleviated our pleas for more. It's a shame because it really is a great story.

Karen, I think you are right. I've also given up hopes.
I think that if Tanya is thinking about finishing this story, at least she would have told us that.
However I can stop checking the forum to see if there is any news.

Hi Everyone!
I just re-read this story again...can I just say that I absolutely love this story. It's a such great story. Darcy and Elizabeth are so different from canon D & E. But they are so wonderfully complex and so much angst in the story, it makes my heart ache.
Is there any news about continuing the story from the author?
Thanks! Lanie

I really enjoyed this story but it seems clear that the author has moved on and will not be finishing it. Does anyone know of a story on this site, written this well that I could dive in? I need some sort of closure!

Have you read Tanya's other story? A Singular Proposition

Hello -- A couple of other suggestions -- I hate to single any out because there are so many very well written and enjoyable stories on this site -- it's just I've read some more recently -- for instance, Belen's "Obstacles to Overcome" is outstanding -- and this is one of the sexiest Darcy's to date -- don't be too concerned that it is a WIP because it has been completed and she is just rewriting it. I cheated and finished it on another site, but the rewrite is better and worth waiting for -- plus over 40 chapters have been listed already and this will keep you busy for quite a while! I've enjoyed reading Jan H's "Sins of our Fathers" recently and think that this is her best writing thus far, although her other stories are great! I really enjoyed "Eye of the Beholder" by Ellen G. and "What We Did on our Holidays" by Rachael. I kept bypassing "I Saw Her Standing There" because it seemed so young, but it turned out to be a real treat -- especially if you actually listen to the songs that she provides while reading it. PLEASE don't hear this as leaving out some of the other fine, fine stories! Also some of the other WIPs are great but given our disappointment over Strange Bedfellows, I am hesitant to recommend other WIPs -- except as noted above. Well, if you haven't read the stories suggested, this ought to keep you happy for quite some time. Cheers!

Thanks, Donna, for your recommendations. Of course I know them all, and love them all, but it's perfectly fine to have your own special preferences, dear.

To add to outstanding writing, I must say that Belen´s "Paper Jam" is a must.

Oh, thank you so much!
Yes, this will keep me busy.
I will check out all of your recommendations.
And to answer the other poster's question,
I have read Tanya's other story
and was excited to get to her next one.
She's great at evoking emotions.

Thanks for the friendly replies!
Leah

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9