Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: What We Did On Our Holidays by Rachael

Am so glad that everyone is happy now! Especially for Jane & Bingley with their unexpected good news! Look forward to Darcy & Lizzy's wedding and new family challenges ahead

Thank you so much Cindy, Maria and Roberta for your kind comments! I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far. I think Renee's got you past the angst, its a downhill slope til the end now!

Really appreciate you taking the time to comment, thanks a million

Rachael

Chapter 33 is up, dear fans. Enjoy!

More wonderful writing, Rachael. But how exasperating! I was waiting for her to start in on William about Jane and Charles but I guess that may come later and in a more public display. Post soon! Thanks!

Oh, Rachael! I was on pins and needles to find out what her Mum might say! I am looking foward to more of your great story!

Very nicely written again Rachael.
It is wonderful to see how William supported Lizzie in that terrible family atmosphere. Lizzie felt powerless in front of her mother' and sister' hostilily , I could see how close it came to a family-fight...
Great that the four seem to always stick together. Look forward to the next chapter(s)!.

Chapters 34 and 35 are up, my dears Enjoy!

Three more to go!

Surprise, surprise, dear Renée! I did not expect the new post 'till tomorrow... But I am very delighted you posted it earlier
Rachael, the stress was so real I was "almost" caught in it too. Specially as Elisabeth was so concerned with Sam's school tests. Finally he and Alice got in, they are smart children.
Well, I restarted reading the all story again. I guess I will do it often when it is completed, as well.
It is brilliant! Cannot wait for the 3 last chapters.
And Rachael, have you thought about writing a story following up Alice's and Sam's own life?... I believe you would manage to createt another very exciting version of P&P, wouldn't you?
Love,
Maria

Oooohhhh, I loved the last part about the couple hoping they would be happy like the family. Didn't Elizabeth think something similar to that at one time. Another great post, Rachael. Hope to read more soon. Cindy

Ahhhhhh! How sweet! I am glad Mrs."B" didn't get to really lay into her. Grandpa "B" knows to many tricks to escape! Teaching the grandchildren all his techniques How exciting can hardly wait for the up coming nuptials and the surprise! Great job

I haven't been commenting here lately but just want to say this will always be one of my favorites, Rachael. I love the quick time table of the whirlwind romance!!

Just before my departure for France...

I've posted Chapter 36, 37 and 38, my dears. With 38 the story has reached its end, and I like to thank you, dear Rachael, most heartily for all the hours of sheer reading enjoyment.

Great story! Thank you, Rachael I look foward to more stories to be posted by you
Thank, Renee! For keeping posting so fast and keeping us all happy! Have fun on holiday!

Thank, Renee! For keeping posting so fast and keeping us all happy! Have fun on holiday!

My pleasure, dear Roberta. We leave tonight - or should I say this morning - at 3.00 pm

Dear Renee,

I have greatly enjoyed your story this past several weeks. At each step of the way, you more than exceeded my hopes for the plot development and the characterizations. When I first read the description, I wondered what it would be like, because I don't usually enjoy modern P&P stories quite as much, and because the addition of Sam and Alice might complicate things.

Well, what do you know?!? It was a fantastic story, and I loved the addition of Sam and Alice to the storyline. In fact, I thought the dynamics between the adults and kids, and the way they all had to form a new family together was one of the best features of the story.

I also really enjoyed the way you interwove the names of classic P&P locations, characters, etc. into your modern version. Very clever.

It's been a delightful story. I'm sorry to see it end. Thanks so much for all your time and effort writing it.

Oops! Sorry, meant to address the above post to Rachael. Thanks to Renee for including it on the website! DC

Thank you Renée for posting it before your departure. I haven't read it yet but just wanted to wish you a very nice time in France. Enjoy your vacation and come relaxed with lots of new ideas

Now I've read it.
It's... lovely!
Thank you Rachael. Look forward for more of your fabulous stories.

Perfect, perfect ending. I hope Kitty & Mrs. B are perfectly miserable because everyone else is so happy. This is just a great story, Rachael. Hope I haven't said that too often!

I only discovered this site about a month ago.
Just finished your story...wow brilliant enjoyed it thoroughly. I liked the mention of New Zealand (my home), and reference to kiwi character (sporty).
Well Done

Thank you, Rachael, for a wonderful ending to this lovely story. Thanks Renee for posting so faithfully right to the bitter end before you leave on holiday. I don't mean bitter literally, just right up to the day of your departure. Rachael, I really liked Charles in this story and found myself becoming very proud of Sam. I wonder how long it will be before William and Elizabeth have children together? HMMMM Cindy

oh my. this was a wonderful story and i read from beginning to end in one sitting. in was just amazing. Excellent work rachael!!!

Rachael,

Just wanted to drop a line to let you know, I have heard about your stories and had waited until you completed posting here at Mrs Darcy. When I started I couldn't stop except for RL stuff, I LOVE your story, I had heard the legend throughout JA FF world, and feel very fortunate you re-posted it here. I hope you decide to post your other legend SLY. You are a very talented author. Thanks for sharing your stories and your time.

SonyaR

PLEASE consider posting Snapshots PLEASE!!!

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments, and Sonya I had no idea I was a legend!! (Really??) That's kind of odd, but in a rather good way :)

I just started a new job (2 days ago), full time for the first time in a few years as my daughter has now left school and entered the world of work, so I no longer have to do school runs or be home at the end of the school day (shed a little tear actually, its a big moment). So, more hours, a commute and big life changes are taking their toll and I'm not really writing or doing anything other than work, run the house, sleep, at the moment! So I'm afraid no SLY or Snapshots on the horizon right now - but don't rule it out for ever.

but don't rule it out for ever.

First of all, congratulations on your job, dear Rachael. As far as children are concerned, shake hands! Mine are grown and independant (well, not financially haha) but boy, it sure gives us more time to ourselves!

As for your fabulous stories... Would you allow us to once in a while - no pressure, mind you - inform after them...? Whatever your plans are, they will always be most welcome on this site.

omg... ahhmazing... sequel??? pleaase??

Caitlin, Rachael's Snapshots is the sequel to Holidays. You'll find it here, on her pages.

thanks renee!!

hi rachael... i'm a huge fan of pride and prejudice movie, and your fanfic really impressed me... i'm a brazilian girl, and i'd like to ask your permission to translate your fic to brazilian portuguese and also publish it... could we talk by e-mail or im? i want to explain to you every detail of this request, if you have interest...

thank you...
indira rachel

Hi Rachael!!!

I really love this story- I've read it several times and it's perfect for this time of year!!!!

Thanks for making Lizzie and Darcy the magical couple I imagine they must be!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Big thank you for writing and sharing this story to the author and my thanks to the site owners!

Good continuation!
Mlle de Fer

1 2