Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What We Did On Our Holidays by Rachael

Rachael, I just wanted to say what a pleasure it is to read this story again. This is the story I delurked on at HG and read it when you were first posting it then. It's up there as one of my all time favorites stories ever! I haven't read it since you finished it back then, and let me assure you, it is just as good and heartwarming and wonderful to read again as it was the first time! So glad to see it here and get caught up in the lives of your wonderful characters! Thank you for posting it here!

Julie

chapters 13 and 14 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

Oh boy, a weekend together, alone. Can't wait! Post soon! Cindy

I definitely did not complete this story the first time I read it. This is all new to me and I love. WOW, William! Thanks for the post! Cindy Oh yea, Renee, how are your eyes?

It was only one, eye, dear Cindy, and it's fine again. Thanks for asking!

Isn't Rachael's story fantastic? When I first read it, it was still a WIP, and I couldn't wait for new installments! And IIRC my own children were more or less as old as Sam and Alice. An aspect why it even meant more to me.

One of the very best modern retellings I know. So well written, so true to life, the children are adorable, as are William and Elizabeth of course!

Chapters 18, 19 and 20 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

I can't wait to find out what Jane knows about William. Poor Alice. I knew something was going to happen when she watched the three of them walk away together after they visited her. I'm glad she and Sam get along so well. This story must have been a WIP when I read it, too. Thanks Rachael! Glad to hear about your eye, Renee.

Chapter 21 is up. Enjoy!

What does Jane know that is so awful about William and what is Elizabeth going to say when she finds out how rich he really is?? And why wouldn't she have heard about him before if he is from such an affluent family? And is a physician in England not the same as a physician in the U.S.? If she's not a medical doctor than what does she do? This inquiring mind wants to know. Great story that I am so enjoying.

I have been cracking my brains trying to recall what misunderstanding Jane had with Darcy but in vain! Look forward to the sisters' lunch when all will be revealed!

Chapters 22 and 23 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

WOW! As usual, Darcy is in deep. I really like Charles in this story and the relationship he has with Sam. I wonder how Alice will feel about Darcy and Elizabeth not seeing each other? Can't wait for a new post to answer some more questions and to see how Darcy is going to get out of this. Cindy

Dear Rachael,
"Holidays" is wonderful. I read it a while ago on another board and I am re-reading it with the same pleasure as the first time. You writing is a delight and your characterisations are superb.
Are you planning any other stories??
Thanks
J

I'm really enjoying re-reading this again and wondered
whether you would be posting the sequel - which if I remember correctly was titled Snapshots - when Holidays has finished?

I haven't discussed it with Rachael so far, Jane, but I most certainly hope to post the sequel too.

Hello!
I'm so glad you're enjoying the story and am so flattered to read your comments.

In answer to questions:
Yes there's a sequel, no I haven't decided yet whether to post it;
yes I have written other stuff, no I don't think I'll repost my early stuff.

This is partly due to the fact that I had a computer catasrophe earlier this year and lost masses of older material; also due to the fact that when I reread my old stuff it makes me cringe because its so bad!

Anyway I hope you enjoy the rest of the story. Thanks again for your kind comments
love
rachael

Dear Rachael, whatever you decide to do with your great stories, know that I'd be most happy to post anything of your hand. We love you!

Terrible, that crash, happened to me once, but the computershop managed to retroieve all Word documents fortunately. The only thing they couldn't retrieve were my e-mails in Outlook plus the addressbook.

Chapter 24 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Once again I have to say that I really like Charles in this story, but I wonder how Jane would react to William. She seems a little less forgiving. Great writing Rachael! I can almost feel Elizabeth's exhaustion and heartache. Can't wait for the next chapter to see what Alice is up to. Post soon!!!! Cindy

Dear Rachael,

I love this story and you write it so well, with so much heart and sensibility... but

IT TAKES SOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER COMES

Please,please post it often, could you?!?!?!

Love

Maria

I'm posting as quickly as I can, Maria...

Here you go...

Chapters 25 and 26 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

Thank you for these wonderful chapters. I loved the whole family scene with Elizabeth and Sam fitting right in. I also loved the emotions Elizabeth felt when she saw William cuddling the two girls. I'm excited about William speaking to Charles but I'm a little nervous about Jane. For some reason I'm afraid she will think Elizabeth has abandoned or betrayed her. Hopefully not though. Can't wait for the next post. Cindy

Lovely, last two chapters, as expected (!)... Your way of writing is so amazing: could make a movie out of this!!!
But again... I cannot wait for the next chapter...

Maria

Thanks again for your comments, much appreciated. Renee should set herself up as a literary manager, she does such a great job!

Renee should set herself up as a literary manager, she does such a great job!

Thank you, Rachael. I'm but a humble translator, but indeed I can sell anything I honestly believe in. So perhaps I sort of missed my vocation. However, in this fandom I will never cease to trumpet forth those whose talent impresses me. And you're definitely one of them.

Chapters 27 and 28 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

Rachael,
Enjoyed these two chapters. I'm glad Elizabeth and Jane are going to be OK. Post soon, please. I can't wait for the birthday dinner scene with Mrs. Bennett. Cindy

Oh, dear, dear. Is Mrs Benette coming to the birthday too? That will be very... exciting!...
Cannot wait 'till next chapter either.

I just want to say I read this story from start to finish this weekend and can't wait for the party as well! I love your characters they seem like families that I know!

Dear Roberta, your wish is my command... Chapters 29 and 30 are up. Enjoy!

Well, I am lost in Words, do not know where to start...
First: thanks God Mrs Bennett was't there!...
Second: this was all so... lovely, amazing, overwhelming...
There is so much feeling in the way you wrote, I could sense it in my own heart, as if it was a part of me or I a part of it.

Thanks for writing so brilliantly!!

I agree with Maria. I'm glad Mrs. Bennet wasn't there. This was a lovely post. I fought tears all the way through and they finally came at the end. What a connection those four have and now with William meeting the family, especially Charles and Jane again, everything is clicking. Elizabeth had thought that William would just want to move in together, right? I'm so glad he asked her to marry him. Thanks again, Rachael.

Oh, Thank you Renee! I was up late and checked your website to my utter suprise a new posting! I will miss updates when you are gone on holiday, but someone needs to have fun! Enjoy the sights
Rachael, I read chapter 30 twice, finally such utter happiness! I can hardly wait for more! Your story is getting better and better the ending of this story will probably make me re-read your story all over again

YW, dear Roberta. I won't be away long but I really need a rest. My eye infection is still quite bad... again! But I'm sure two weeks under the French sun will do me a world of good.

Your story is getting better and better the ending of this story will probably make me re-read your story all over again

I did, and so did many others! It's truly one of the loveliest modern retellings I know, and I've always thought is so true to life. Just wonderful.

Chapters 31 and 32 are up, ladies and gents. Enjoy!

Thank you Renée for posting it before the WE. So I did read it already!!!
Thank you Rachael for writing it so nice. I could feel the joy they feel, everything is so real, each thought, each conversation. I can see part of my own life in it, too...
But... will this stay so "peaceful" 'till the end?????
I let myself be surprised by you.

Love,
Maria

I'm wondering about their peacefulness myself. You do have a way of writing, Rachael, that pulls me right into it. I could almost feel Elizabeth's nervousness and excitement. Thanks for the new chapters. Post soon! Cindy

Am so glad that everyone is happy now! Especially for Jane & Bingley with their unexpected good news! Look forward to Darcy & Lizzy's wedding and new family challenges ahead

Thank you so much Cindy, Maria and Roberta for your kind comments! I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far. I think Renee's got you past the angst, its a downhill slope til the end now!

Really appreciate you taking the time to comment, thanks a million

Rachael

Chapter 33 is up, dear fans. Enjoy!

More wonderful writing, Rachael. But how exasperating! I was waiting for her to start in on William about Jane and Charles but I guess that may come later and in a more public display. Post soon! Thanks!

Oh, Rachael! I was on pins and needles to find out what her Mum might say! I am looking foward to more of your great story!

Very nicely written again Rachael.
It is wonderful to see how William supported Lizzie in that terrible family atmosphere. Lizzie felt powerless in front of her mother' and sister' hostilily , I could see how close it came to a family-fight...
Great that the four seem to always stick together. Look forward to the next chapter(s)!.

Chapters 34 and 35 are up, my dears Enjoy!

Three more to go!

Surprise, surprise, dear Renée! I did not expect the new post 'till tomorrow... But I am very delighted you posted it earlier
Rachael, the stress was so real I was "almost" caught in it too. Specially as Elisabeth was so concerned with Sam's school tests. Finally he and Alice got in, they are smart children.
Well, I restarted reading the all story again. I guess I will do it often when it is completed, as well.
It is brilliant! Cannot wait for the 3 last chapters.
And Rachael, have you thought about writing a story following up Alice's and Sam's own life?... I believe you would manage to createt another very exciting version of P&P, wouldn't you?
Love,
Maria

Oooohhhh, I loved the last part about the couple hoping they would be happy like the family. Didn't Elizabeth think something similar to that at one time. Another great post, Rachael. Hope to read more soon. Cindy

Ahhhhhh! How sweet! I am glad Mrs."B" didn't get to really lay into her. Grandpa "B" knows to many tricks to escape! Teaching the grandchildren all his techniques How exciting can hardly wait for the up coming nuptials and the surprise! Great job

I haven't been commenting here lately but just want to say this will always be one of my favorites, Rachael. I love the quick time table of the whirlwind romance!!

Just before my departure for France...

I've posted Chapter 36, 37 and 38, my dears. With 38 the story has reached its end, and I like to thank you, dear Rachael, most heartily for all the hours of sheer reading enjoyment.

Great story! Thank you, Rachael I look foward to more stories to be posted by you
Thank, Renee! For keeping posting so fast and keeping us all happy! Have fun on holiday!

Thank, Renee! For keeping posting so fast and keeping us all happy! Have fun on holiday!

My pleasure, dear Roberta. We leave tonight - or should I say this morning - at 3.00 pm

1 2