Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Re: Sins of the Fathers by Jan H

Perfect post, Annabella, and a warm welcome to you.

Oh, Annabella, thank you, and remember to take your vitamins, especially the anti-aging ones. Welcome to Mrs. D's. It's a lovely place.

As for Christopher Walken, Renee. That is some fancy footwork. Unfortunately, the audio on my computer went on the blink recently, so watching it without music was quite hilarious. What song did he dance to?

-Jan

What song did he dance to?

Weapon of choice by Fat Boy Slim

hm... might be the title for my new Regency FF

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Walken is a great character actor, though a little odd! I guess that's why he's so good!

Walken is a great character actor, though a little odd! I guess that's why he's so good!

Indeed, Annabella!

Poor Darcy I think I know the reason of his dark mood-not not jealousy from the Colonel but also could not expressed his true feelings outright bec. of their predicament with E. I must say I never read a PG before was so intirgue by the feedback in HG so I decided to read. It's heart wrenching and sad but you JanH write it beautifully and E. feelings is magnified bec. it's her POV.I can't wait for even just a little hope for D & E situation to get better.
annj

Never enough chapters.

Why? Why? Why did I let myself get drawn in to Jan's angst filled WIP? OH? Well, I remember now; I was drawn in, tempted 'cause it is excellent. **** the devil to hell!!

The angst:

+Lady Cat met w/ the Superior [Bingley] Sisters (SS) whose father wasn't a gentleman? Lady Cat treating the SS as equals? Get outta here! Nothing good could come from from that. Lady Cat--liar liar pants on fire!

+Lady Cat + the SS = dble dble toil and trouble--a witches covenant no doubt.

+Lizzy resigned to being open to meeting and marrying someone other than Darcy! Butcher, baker, candlestick maker, farmer, don't matter to her. GAHHHH!

The excitement & veiled hotness:

+Darcy stopping the coach and what followed. **

When Lady Cat's the messenger, one expects she always has an ace or two up her sleeves. She knows when to hold 'em but as we see she doesn't know how to fold 'em and walk away. . .

Can't wait to see how Jan unpacks it all and brings it back together with panache. Love this story.

STEVIEB
____
**perversion disclaimer-I see nothing wrong with thinking of sexual tension between D&E in Jan's story in that I don't believe Lizzy is his half sister. Therefore, in deeming the stopping of the coach as very hot, I am not viewing the scenario as a perversion or otherwise illegal act .

Chapter 7 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Jan,
My heart is breaking for these two. Please don't leave them in misery for too long. Like StevieB, I don't think they are brother and sister either and I don't trust Caroline or Lady C. Please don't marry Elizabeth off to someone else if she is not Darcy's sister. I think she is his cousin from one of the Darcy boys. Hope I'm right! PLEASE post soon! I want Elizabeth to experience Darcy's primitive untamed side. Again, PLEASE post SOON!!!!! Cindy

I fell sooooo sad!

I want Elizabeth to experience Darcy's primitive untamed side.

OMG, Cindy, I fear there's still a long way to go... However, I have the greatest confidence! Wonder indeed what Caroline is up to. Such a social climber, ugh...

oh Jan..my heart is breaking to 1000 pieces...no ..I am lying..it is more than that ...The heart break is so.....piercing...how can two so called bro & sis loved each other so much...you are so cruel but briliant though...

I know the remedy is very far off since we are only at Chpp 7...but isn't there any way they can meet half way..even before we punish the culprits....(be it Catherine or Caroline or Collins or Mrs Bennett..) sorry ladies..I am indeed very down ..I have to take it out on someonee ..not you dear Jan..you have to be happy..so that you can write more happy scenes for D&E..can we bribe you dearest authoress

Lovingggg it excruatingly....Ima

Jan, another wonderful chapter. You are such a good story teller that I feel I am experiencing the emotions along with Lizzy.

I thought the dance at the end of the last chapter was incredibly written - all that suppressed emotion swirling around, gahhhh.

Then this, Lizzy's flight and I just knew Darcy would come after her. I felt so sad for him when he asked if they would exchange letters and she said no... sigh.

I am keeping a very open mind on where you are taking us, but having read and loved everything you have written, I have faith in you and I know that Lizzy and Darcy are, somehow, safe in your hands and that somehow you will unravel this apparent mess for us all!

If they don't meet in London, I somehow feel they might in Bath (one of my favourite cities) but I'll slap myself down and stop speculating, because I promised myself I wouldn't! ;)

In the meantime, can I just say what a pleasure you are to read. You have a real talent for writing and I can't wait for the next chapter.

Chapter 7 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Renee dearest, are you kidding me? And just think about my hair and all the money I have spent to cover grey.
Enjoy? How we can enjoy this misery?
But it is written so beautifully – I really wish I could stay away until it is finished (because I believe it will end well), but I just can’t. I became addicted to this story.
Jan, I really like your style of writing stories from Elizabeth’s POV. On the other hand, I would love to know what Darcy feels.
And what about the picture? I thought it might be something important, but how Lizzy will learn about it now, when she has run away?
I would never have more than the glimpse I had witnessed last night. He could never reveal that wild, passionate nature to me.
I hope she will see much, much more than a glimpse of his passion SmileyCentral.com
But with 9 more chapters there is still so much pain to come…

Renee dearest, are you kidding me?

LOL, indeed, darlin', as if we're all masochists here. Still, it's like you say so beautifully written, so original and such a joy to read even though the angst is killing us...

If Lizzy is feeling this bad, I can't even begin to imagine what Darcy is going through!

Lady C and Caroline? Something smells fishy!

I didn't forget about the picture but I did forget to mention it in my reply. Would it have helped E solve the mystery of her father? And, Renee, I know it may be a while before E experiences Darcy's primitive untamed side, but I'm sure it would be worth the wait. Right? Thanks again Renee for your steadfastness.

I think the problem lies with the fact that these two have just taken what was told to them in face value. That they are brother and sister. Somebody needs to wake up and smell the rotten apples! I believe that stupid Bingley woman had tattled to Lady C, Darcy's interest in Lizzy. Lady C, thinking that the two won't ever find out the truth, had come up with this fat tale! Come on, Darcy! You have the resources to find out the truth! Stop running around with your tail behind your legs! Find out the truth! Do not take things at face value! You know, your aunt would stoop to nothing just to force you to marry her daughter! If they told you that Wickham was your brother, you would move heaven and earth to prove it wrong!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Renee, Annj, Cindy, StevieB, Ima, Basia, Splatt, and Annabella for your comments.

You've raised a lot of questions. Just what did happen to that portrait in the Willoughbys' attic? And are Lady C and Catherine ever up to anything good? Annabella said something was fishy - could it be Caroline's cologne? And that was some lecture you gave Darcy!

We never hear much about Darcy's actions behind the scenes in P&P. Can we hope he's just as busy in this story?

All right, I'll quit teasing. I'm far too cruel even writing the story.

Cindy, I like that term, "The Darcy Boys." Wouldn't it make a great title?

-Jan

In Chapter 6, one of her dance partners talked about something of interest that he found in the Atic.

I was so hoping it would be a portrait of a women who look just like her. Thus they'd know who the mother was. Then we'd find that it was Darcy uncle not his father that was her father.

I guess I was way off because we never found out what was going to be brought because Lizzy was gone.

Poor Darcy, Poor Lizzy.
Jan I'm really enjoying your story. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Geri

Chapter 7

Another amazing chapter. That you have this story in your head and are so gifted as to put it to paper, is truly amazing. SORRY TO GUSH, but I couldn't help myself. I am quite forlorn with all that happened with Darcy and Elizabeth parting as they did, and am anxious as to how they will find there way back to one another. I keep reminding myself that JanH has this story completed and will not let it end unhappily for them. And about the posting schedule, I also must remind myself, that "Patience is waiting with a happy heart." Or so I tell my children.

So many questions still to be answered Great chapter, Darcy coming after Lizzy was rather a nice change of pace, for Darcy that is. Yes I was rather looking forward to another horse back ride too. And of course the portrait in the atic, darn I just knew we would here about it today. This is such a good story, PLEASE POST ANOTHER CHAPTER SAY LATER TODAY?????? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

Thank you, Geri, Christina, and Julia! I loved your comments.

Geri and Julia, don't give up on your theory about the attic. And Christina, your gushing caused me to blush, but still, it made my day.

-Jan

What an emptional & engaging chapter! One really couldn't ask for anything more...
Thank you!

Kim

Hey Jan,
Feel free to use The Darcy Boys as the title of YOUR NEXT STORY. We will be waiting patiently. Or maybe not. HeeHeeHee Cindy

Dear Jan,

Finally I have some time in RL to get over here and read your story....and how very glad I am that I did. I thought for along time that I would not read this as a WIP but I could not resist....and I was DYING to know how the premise was set up, how it unfolds and how it will end!!!
So Jan dearest, here you have me at your mercy, strung out on the angst-ropes, hoping you have secured the safety net below. I look forward to the journey ahead (in more ways than one ) and I thanks you for the gift of your amazing story telling.

Go raibh maith agat,
Ali

Thank you, Kim!

And Cindy, I was hinting that you use The Darcy Boys as the title of your work! When I'm strung out in the middle of writing a story, I can never even imagine conceiving another one. It's like childbirth - so painful! Eventually after the birth, one forgets the pain, but not for a while.

And dear Ali, how wonderful to see you here and thank you for your comments!

I've been sending Ali bits and pieces of chapters for her expert assistance in certain areas, and she never lets me down. Of course, I haven't sent her an entire chapter yet, so I'm figuring she was forced to read this to figure out what the heck I'm talking about. She's been so generous to share her knowledge with me.

-Jan

After reading chapter 7 I didn't realize I had tears in my eyes. I was reading so intently with a heavy heart. How can you be so cruel Jan H. At the same time I cannot stay away from your story since I started reading it, angst and all. So I must endure the pain for a greater cause..a D & E ending. Let this mystery be solve ( I think the answers are in the attic),I know very slowly. The story has to torture us first. JanH you are an amazing, fantastic & incredibly talented storyteller. can't wait for the next chapter.
annj

This story just gets better Jan! I totally feel for both darcy and lizzy, their moments together while sitting out the rain and in the carriage were heartbreaking. Who would like to suffer such a twisted fate?? Sigh...can't wait to read lizzy's trip to London, and perhaps meet Darcy??

Here you go, my dears. chapter 8 and 9 have just been posted!

Jan,

Thank you for another two wonderful chapters.

I have never known anyone who would be adopted child, but I have read some sociological articles on the subject. I think you have masterfully described one of the most important subjects of such a cases – people who learn they were adopted, lose the sense of whom they are, and they have to build again their self-concept. I’m also impressed with the way you write about how Elizabeth feels other people look at her now. After all our self-concept is in large part function of how we are perceived by the others. Of course, in Elizabeth’s case it is now much more complicated, since some important people in her life, have doubts about who she really is and if they can love her not as a sister.

I hope finding her mother – even dead – would be for Elizabeth first step to rebuild her self-concept. I found it most touching that they are (were?) so alike.
I’m also most excited with Darcy being so determined to find out the truth. I know there is still a long and probably painful road to happiness for them, but I am convinced theirs instincts are not deceiving them. And they both obviously don’t love each other with sister-brother love.

Beautiful story.

Basia

Thank you for the 2 chapters. Now we knowwho her mother was I'm hoping her father is Darcy's auncle so that W & E will have a chance. I'm feeling E. pain & W. as well. You write so well Jan I'm addicted to this story. Thank you again.
annj

Thanks for the chapters, Jan. I loved them!!! I knew Darcy wouldn't just sit around and not try to find out the truth, even if it was his father. I'm glad Elizabeth has some of the burden lifted and I just want to smack Caroline, as usual. Please post soon!! Cindy

What a GREAT story Jan!! I really think that Peter Darcy is Elizabeth's dad. He didn't know about her birth, since he was told she fell down the stairs and I think Darcy will be the one to go to Ireland. There is something ugly brewing with Lady C and Caroline Bingley. I hope Darcy can excape the clutches of those two. More please!!!!

LADY CAT & CAROLINEB--AN UNHOLY MACHIAVELIAN ALLIANCE

JAN,
2 wonderful chapters of your unique story--many thanks for sharing your creativity.

Lady Cat and CarolineB_ _ _ h--the irony of an unholy alliance over an Easter holiday. Like Richard III, either one of them could take "Machiavel to school." While the innocent sleep they both are preparing and the working an agenda, which is why thoughts of Richard III came to mind.

To see and hear the above quote in its context:

Laurence Olivier
http://youtube.com/watch?v=thz2EUizC9Q

RICHARD III--WM SHAKESPEARE
Why, I can smile, and murder whiles I smile,
And cry 'Content!' to that which grieves my heart,
And wet my cheeks with artificial tears,
And frame my face to all occasions. . .
I'll play the orator as well as Nestor,
Deceive more slyly than Ulysses could,
And, like a **Sinon, take another Troy.
I can add colours to the chameleon,
Change shapes with Proteus for advantages,
And set the murderous Machiavel to school.

**[Sinon, a great liar, is the man who was in charge of abiding by the WOODEN HORSE and lighting a beacon lamp as a signal to the Achaeans for their final assault against Troy.]

STEVIEB

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. You are brave souls to stay tuned to this sad tale. I told Renee even I'm getting tired of writing angst!

Basia, I'm glad you think the adopted child portrayal bears some likeness to the truth. My best friend adopted her daughter, and I've borrowed just a bit of what she's shared with me and then added a lot of what I think I would feel if I were in Lizzy's predicament. Hope I'm not too far off base.

-Jan

Marvelous! That was a wonderful chapter. I am so glad Elizabeth is relieved that she didn't ruin the Willoughby family.

So glad that we can now see a ray of hope Darcy is such a treasure, his love for Lizzy is so transparent. I can only hope that you will not toy with us for too long, Jan

Oh, what angst indeed. But there is light at the end of this tunnel, is there not my dear Jan? My vote is for Uncle Peter as the father--and I venture to guess that they had a secret Catholic wedding and that Elizabeth is NOT an illegitimate child (Oh, I just like to fantasize don't I). Please resolve it for us and bring together our lovelorn couple! I love your writing Jan!

Hugs.
Mimi

I love Sins of the Father. The characterization of everyone is wonderful, and I love the tension between Darcy and Lizzy.

My bet is that Paul is the father and that Lintel killed Elizabeth's mother for some reason.

and I venture to guess that they had a secret Catholic wedding and that Elizabeth is NOT an illegitimate child

Very clever, Mimi, I'm with you in this.

Laurence Olivier
http://youtube.com/watch?v=thz2EUizC9Q

Thanks for sharing this, Stevie. Going there directly!

Re: Re: Sins of the Fathers by Jan H

My guess: Elizabeth W. may have had a secret affair with a "Darcy" but that she was raped by someone else and in despair the "Darcy" fled the country.

Reasoning: I don't like the idea of cousins marrying even though it was acceptable in those days.

Or maybe something gross like incest: Lintel in a drunken state ravaged his own sister! Ewwwwww! Let's not go there...

Jan what a story. I am really liking Miss Willoughby. I think she can anwser alot of there questions. Just show her the family portraits of the boys as young gentleman. Finally hope.

I'm thinking Peter is the father and he is off in Ireland, maybe Lizzy, Darcy & Georgiana can travel there. But then Lizzy won't go to Bath what makes me think she'd go to Ireland. hmmm

I'm dying for more. Please poet again soon.
Geri

What a premise and what a story!! I also believe that Peter is Lizzy's father and when Elizabeth died, he went a little nuts, went to Ireland and became a monk.And that sexual tension between D & E is so thick you can slice it with a knife! Love it!

Frances

A big, big thank you for all the comments! Your messages make me write even when I don't want to.

Would you like to see Lizzy quote Sir Walter Elliot? "I'm...for Bath."

Of course, it doesn't mean she will - we all know how stubborn she can be.

-Jan

Very reluctantly I began to read your story, since at first i doubted if I could bear the topic. But I did. You wrote it exceptionally well. Congrats on such a different tale. Though I hate to think of the difficult moments our beloved couple are passing thinking themselves siblings! What happened to Colonel Fitzwilliam's suit? He is a horrible man!But I must admit you have a point there.Thanks again for the story. I have always enjoyed your talent!Though my favourite one will always be "The Journey"

My dears, chapter ten of Jan's amazing story has just been posted. Enjoy!

Very sad. Very.
When, oh when will the angst end?
Too sad to write any more specific comment.
SmileyCentral.com

*sigh* indeed, Basia!

I for one focus on his appearance in Herfordshire and their chance encounter which was situated so romantically. I hold on to that as a prelude to better tidings!

Thank you Jan...and thank you Renee...yes I feel a lot better if I focus on their good times together....the reconcilation will be sweeter with the angst..just that we have to wait for light at the end of the tunnel..and wait amd wait.. ..I am patient this time becoz if the mystery is solved too soon or no angst..then it will be the end of the story...then I am sadder...
hmmmm...I know I know..first Lizzie doesn't want to share her aunt's news with Darcy...then Darcy refuse to share his aunt's news with Lizzy..well thinking that they are not good when together regardless of their parentage...am I close Jan... ...ohhhhhh..but I know I will enjoy rereading this once it is completed...

Love u Jan & thanks

Ima

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8