Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sins of the Fathers by Jan H

Welcome back Renee, you have been solely missed! Hope your vacation has been great fun

<"Must you make love to my cousin at the dinner table, Fitzwilliam?" Darcy snapped.>

I love this Darcy! Jan, you gave him such witty lines! I don't really like this Colonel, he seems rather insensitive. Will he be a suitor for Lizzy?? Can't wait for the next update!

Welcome back Renee, you have been solely missed! Hope your vacation has been great fun

TY, dearest Gio. And yes, I had a fab vacation. Missed y'all too though, and I'm always glad to be back again.

Indeed they can marry even if they are cousins. i sure hope they can solve this bother-sister mystery so that they can move on-as lovers.i have a feeling Darcy has strong feelings for E. certainly not as a sister but he is such a gentleman.

Thanks everyone, for all your comments. And Sammy, I certainly understand your reluctance to read this until it is finished. I've heard from a lot of people who prefer to do that.

They certainly touch each other a lot which is a privilege they would not be allowed were they not brother and sister.

You're right, they do, and being brother and sister is the only means to get away with it.

I'm glad some of it made you smile, Renee. I really hate that it's such a sad story. When the idea for the plot first popped (or slid - ideas no longer come easy for me) into my head, I thought what in the world would two people who loved each other do with their feelings? It's a terrible place to be.

As for Col Fitzwilliam, I've always written him as the good guy. Is it time to see another side of him?

Dito; Welcome back Renee, Love this story. I think Darcy is falling more in love with Lizzy the more he is with her. and I believe that his cousin the Colonel's intentions are not on the up and up. I too believe that if they are related they are cousins, then they would be able to marry. And I also think that Lady Catherine knows the truth. I can't wait for more as usual. Great Story Jan H

As for Col Fitzwilliam, I've always written him as the good guy. Is it time to see another side of him?

Go right ahead, dear girl, contrary to Mrs Benet I don't have a particular affinity with redcoats.

I have to admit, I do understand those readers who prefer to wait until it's finished. I would do the same thing if the story wouldn't be that good.

I am worried, but I just can't stay out.

And it is written so smartly. Of course the most touching are all those scenes with Lizzy and Darcy - they seem to understand each other and they obviously like each others company. I hope this growing friendship will end in love and marriage.

Basia

Dito; Welcome back Renee,

Sorry, Julia, I missed this. Thank you dear, happy to see you again.

As usual, Jan, I love your writing. You are mentioning a lot of people who have the potential of being Elizabeth's natural parents. All this touchy feely stuff is good because I refuse to believe they are brother and sister. I have particular fondness for redcoats either so bring it on. I have the feeling that Fitzwilliam may have ideas of his own. Thanks again!

Another great chapter, Jan! I am especially enjoying your descriptions of Darcy's moods & manner as seen through Elizabeth's eyes.
Thanks!!!!!!

Kim

I am enjoying this intriguing story very much!

Woo Hoo Jan!!!!!

I was told by Debbie..(at our TaHoe gathering) about your new story......and she was sooooo right!!!
This is terrific .... D&E aare have a tough time thinking they are sister and brother!!! but I have a feeling you have some very interesting twists and turns up your sleeve!!!..lol....

Can't wait for more

your teapot

Nancy

Woo Hoo Jan!!!!!

Woohooo dear Nancy Teapot! How wonderful to see you here. Welcome, welcome.

I agree, Renee, so great to see you here, Nancy! And thanks Cindy, Kim, and drsuebee, too. I really love and appreciate your comments.

Cindy, I think you're reading the colonel right. Kim, I've forced poor Darcy into so many mood swings in this story, it would give a lesser man mental whiplash. And Nancy, wish I could have listened in on the fun all of you must have had at Tahoe.

-Jan

As for Col Fitzwilliam, I've always written him as the good guy. Is it time to see another side of him? ...

I wish I could write as eloquently as you Jan...and then I would be able to dictate all the characters to my liking...but I have to say ..I AM INDEED A GREAT READER... ..and eagerly waiting for your next chapter...pl add in somemore happy moments between the D&E...I'm sure they miss each others' pleasant and loving company...

Ima

Chapter six is up, my dears. Enjoy, but be ware of more angst...

Jan,

Thank you for the next chapter.

I need to say that I admire your style very much – not only what you’re writing, but also the way you’re doing this.

With every next part I feel sorrier and sorrier for Elizabeth and Darcy. If I was to write about all of my emotions, the comment would twice as long as chapter itself. So much happened there. Darcy’s dark mood (there is nothing more alluring the Darcy in a dark mood), Colonel’s plans, the ball, the picture Mr. Denison wants to bring, Darcy’s jealousy, Elizabeth’s jealousy, theirs’ obvious love for each other.

I have so many questions, so many doubts, so many fears – I won’t even try to invent a possible answers. But surely I am already waiting for the next week and a new installment.

Basia

That is so sad and erotic and lovely and painful and happy and depressing and intriguing all in the same chapter! I love the way you write, Jan, each chapter is a torrent of emotion and I need more after every installment.

I am trying hard not to wish the next week away - to wish my birthday would not be a good thing. And then I'm back at school but this will be a beacon of light in a very hard week.

Thanks again for such a wonderful story.

Soph
Aug 27th, 2007 - 2:13 PM
"That is so sad and erotic and lovely and painful and happy and depressing and intriguing all in the same chapter! I love the way you write, Jan, each chapter is a torrent of emotion and I need more after every installment."

Jan and Soph I feel the same.SmileyCentral.com
julia42

Mr. Beveridge's Maggot (Emma) Re: Sins of the Fathers by Jan H

Jan

Wonderful chapter that suggests hope.

You said the following:

"Author's note: I took the liberty of basing the dance between Darcy and Elizabeth on the choreography in the movie Emma starring Gwyneth Paltrow."

So, I had to check you tube to watch that great dance scene again. See the link below:

Mr. Beveridge's Maggot (Emma)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gnh1U32wwYc

STEVIEB

OMG, I so adore Jeremy Northam...

Thanks you, dear Stevie. I love this movie!

The same dance was danced in the BBC P&P series but slower. I like this version much better. All dances in the various British costume dramas are done by by Jane Gibson. She appears to be the only expert on contradance (in the English language corrupted to country dance but they have nothing to do with the country! )

Jeremy Northam nothing wrong with that!! Re: Sins of the Fathers by Jan H

Renee,

Yes. The dance was more sensual in part because of Jeremy Northam's dance movements. He danced elegantly.

Ever since Eli told us to imagine that HER Colonel was Jeremy Northam, any time an author, including Jan, mentions the Colonel I think of Jeremy. So, ahhhhh . . . of sorry I digressed. I meant to say Jeremy Northam nothing wrong with that!!

STEVIEB

Indeed, Stevie, Jeremy 's a better dancer than Colin Firth, most definitely.

But are you sure about Eli's colonel? I thought we had to imagine James Purefoy. Oh well, they're both lovely, right?

Renee,

HAHAHA Yes you are right! Too many handsome men and too little time. I got them confused. Weird 'cause I see James Purefoy in Rome on HBO & recently I saw him again in Vanity Fair. :) [Loved how he is dressed in Vanity Fair. His uniform and those over the knee boots.] Ooops! Don't want to engage in hijacking the thread w/ frivolity. But, to set the record straight, JAMES PUREFOY (as the colonel) ahhhh . . . nothing wrong with that!!

Now back to Jan's story, I am tethered to the board 'cause I want more chapters toute de suite.

STEVIEB

Now back to Jan's story, I am tethered to the board 'cause I want more chapters toute de suite.

Me too! I'm so impressed. It's so heartbreaking and moving. And the underlying sensuality is beautifully rendered. Poor Darcy, poor Lizzy. To be subjected to such an ordeal.

I'm totally hooked, even though I'm a terrible angst wimp.

Thank you, Ima, Basia, Soph, Julia, Stevie, and, of course, always Renee! I loved your comments.

Ima, never underestimate the sterling worth of a great reader! Anyone who writes a sentence appreciates them. I agree - I'm ready for more happy moments between D&E. And remember, I've been wallowing in this saga for a l-o-n-g time.

Basia, I agree - Darcy in a dark mood is irresistible. Of course, I'd take him when he's happy, too.

Soph and Julia, you're right. This chapter had a torrent of emotion. I raised a drama queen (youngest daughter), so I'm well acquainted with emotions. And Happy Birthday, Soph, if I missed it.

As for the Emma dance - thanks for the youtube link, Stevie. And I'm with you and Renee, Jeremy Northam is a wonderful dancer. When I was dreaming up the dance between D&E, I had a combination of Mr. B's Maggott and the faster number he does with Harriet Smith. Of course, there's no such song, but then I'm neither a songwriter nor a dancer, so what do I know? It just gave me more chances for D&E to touch each other.

-Jan

WOW! Thanks for another great chapter, Jan! The emotion is realing building... Fantastic writing!
I, too, really enjoy that version of Emma. (In addition to dancing well, I think Jeremy Northam kisses well on screen too!)
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful story!

Cheers!
Kim

Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful. That dance - wow! I am so glad that you let us experience it with D and E. I want them to admit their feelings to each other although I know they will feel much guilt for that.

I loved Elizabeth's jealousy when Darcy danced with her. She won't accept any money so how will she live if she leaves? I hope she doesn't leave before seeing the picture. It might be a clue. This story is just so exciting! %Thanks for the chapter, Jan!!

Oh, Jan. How grateful I am for you to be back writing here again!
This new story is as great so far as the rest!

In addition to dancing well, I think Jeremy Northam kisses well on screen too!

Indeed! The kiss he exchanged in Possession with Jennifer Ehle made my knees grwo weak...

Another aspect of his great acting skills... Although he wouldn't need to act it if I were the lucky girl...

Thanks Jan for another great chapter. This story is bringing out so many emotions. Fitzwilliam is a little too persistent. I guess in another character that wouldn't be bad but he is really pushing himself. I hope Elizabeth sees the picture also. I think there is definitely something there with the Darcy boys. Please post another chapter soon!!!!! Cindy

God Lizzy check the attic!! Jan H is killing me! Love the story and excellent writing by the way.

A big thank you to Kim, Terri, Lucy, Christina, Cindy, and Karen for your comments!

Karen, I understand why the story is "killing" you at this point, and Terri, you're right. If D&E confessed their feelings, they would experience a lot of guilt, among other things. Actually, guilt is prevalent throughout this story, but can we expect otherwise with "Sins" in the title?

Lucy, Elizabeth could always go back to Longbourne and let Mr. Bennet support her as long as he's alive, but, of course, not in the manner in which Darcy could.

And Renee, I had to laugh at the typo in your message about Jeremy Northam's kisses because he has the same effect on me.

"Indeed! The kiss he exchanged in Possession with Jennifer Ehle made my knees grwo weak..."

See, even the thought makes your fingers "grwo" weak. How appropriate!

-Jan

See, even the thought makes your fingers "grwo" weak. How appropriate!

I'm dying here, Jan!

Off topic, sorry, but I can't resist... Talking about good dancers, what about Christopher Walken!

I hope I'm doing this right!

Jan!

I just wanted you to know that I love this story but you are making me age 10 years with every post! I hope this will be short 'cause I don't think I'll make it to 100!

Perfect post, Annabella, and a warm welcome to you.

Oh, Annabella, thank you, and remember to take your vitamins, especially the anti-aging ones. Welcome to Mrs. D's. It's a lovely place.

As for Christopher Walken, Renee. That is some fancy footwork. Unfortunately, the audio on my computer went on the blink recently, so watching it without music was quite hilarious. What song did he dance to?

-Jan

What song did he dance to?

Weapon of choice by Fat Boy Slim

hm... might be the title for my new Regency FF

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Walken is a great character actor, though a little odd! I guess that's why he's so good!

Walken is a great character actor, though a little odd! I guess that's why he's so good!

Indeed, Annabella!

Poor Darcy I think I know the reason of his dark mood-not not jealousy from the Colonel but also could not expressed his true feelings outright bec. of their predicament with E. I must say I never read a PG before was so intirgue by the feedback in HG so I decided to read. It's heart wrenching and sad but you JanH write it beautifully and E. feelings is magnified bec. it's her POV.I can't wait for even just a little hope for D & E situation to get better.
annj

Never enough chapters.

Why? Why? Why did I let myself get drawn in to Jan's angst filled WIP? OH? Well, I remember now; I was drawn in, tempted 'cause it is excellent. **** the devil to hell!!

The angst:

+Lady Cat met w/ the Superior [Bingley] Sisters (SS) whose father wasn't a gentleman? Lady Cat treating the SS as equals? Get outta here! Nothing good could come from from that. Lady Cat--liar liar pants on fire!

+Lady Cat + the SS = dble dble toil and trouble--a witches covenant no doubt.

+Lizzy resigned to being open to meeting and marrying someone other than Darcy! Butcher, baker, candlestick maker, farmer, don't matter to her. GAHHHH!

The excitement & veiled hotness:

+Darcy stopping the coach and what followed. **

When Lady Cat's the messenger, one expects she always has an ace or two up her sleeves. She knows when to hold 'em but as we see she doesn't know how to fold 'em and walk away. . .

Can't wait to see how Jan unpacks it all and brings it back together with panache. Love this story.

STEVIEB
____
**perversion disclaimer-I see nothing wrong with thinking of sexual tension between D&E in Jan's story in that I don't believe Lizzy is his half sister. Therefore, in deeming the stopping of the coach as very hot, I am not viewing the scenario as a perversion or otherwise illegal act .

Chapter 7 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Jan,
My heart is breaking for these two. Please don't leave them in misery for too long. Like StevieB, I don't think they are brother and sister either and I don't trust Caroline or Lady C. Please don't marry Elizabeth off to someone else if she is not Darcy's sister. I think she is his cousin from one of the Darcy boys. Hope I'm right! PLEASE post soon! I want Elizabeth to experience Darcy's primitive untamed side. Again, PLEASE post SOON!!!!! Cindy

I fell sooooo sad!

I want Elizabeth to experience Darcy's primitive untamed side.

OMG, Cindy, I fear there's still a long way to go... However, I have the greatest confidence! Wonder indeed what Caroline is up to. Such a social climber, ugh...

oh Jan..my heart is breaking to 1000 pieces...no ..I am lying..it is more than that ...The heart break is so.....piercing...how can two so called bro & sis loved each other so much...you are so cruel but briliant though...

I know the remedy is very far off since we are only at Chpp 7...but isn't there any way they can meet half way..even before we punish the culprits....(be it Catherine or Caroline or Collins or Mrs Bennett..) sorry ladies..I am indeed very down ..I have to take it out on someonee ..not you dear Jan..you have to be happy..so that you can write more happy scenes for D&E..can we bribe you dearest authoress

Lovingggg it excruatingly....Ima

Jan, another wonderful chapter. You are such a good story teller that I feel I am experiencing the emotions along with Lizzy.

I thought the dance at the end of the last chapter was incredibly written - all that suppressed emotion swirling around, gahhhh.

Then this, Lizzy's flight and I just knew Darcy would come after her. I felt so sad for him when he asked if they would exchange letters and she said no... sigh.

I am keeping a very open mind on where you are taking us, but having read and loved everything you have written, I have faith in you and I know that Lizzy and Darcy are, somehow, safe in your hands and that somehow you will unravel this apparent mess for us all!

If they don't meet in London, I somehow feel they might in Bath (one of my favourite cities) but I'll slap myself down and stop speculating, because I promised myself I wouldn't! ;)

In the meantime, can I just say what a pleasure you are to read. You have a real talent for writing and I can't wait for the next chapter.

Chapter 7 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Renee dearest, are you kidding me? And just think about my hair and all the money I have spent to cover grey.
Enjoy? How we can enjoy this misery?
But it is written so beautifully – I really wish I could stay away until it is finished (because I believe it will end well), but I just can’t. I became addicted to this story.
Jan, I really like your style of writing stories from Elizabeth’s POV. On the other hand, I would love to know what Darcy feels.
And what about the picture? I thought it might be something important, but how Lizzy will learn about it now, when she has run away?
I would never have more than the glimpse I had witnessed last night. He could never reveal that wild, passionate nature to me.
I hope she will see much, much more than a glimpse of his passion SmileyCentral.com
But with 9 more chapters there is still so much pain to come…

Renee dearest, are you kidding me?

LOL, indeed, darlin', as if we're all masochists here. Still, it's like you say so beautifully written, so original and such a joy to read even though the angst is killing us...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7