Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Keira Knightley as Georgiana Duchess of devonshire

I'm quite excited about this news. I loved Amanda Foreman's biography about Georgiana. such an interesting and at the same time rather sad woman even though she had everything a person could wish for; beauty, intelligence... but not a loving husband.

Anyway, I hope the movie will turn out interesting, I can't wait!

Keira the dazzling duchess
By BAZ BIMGBOYE
Hollywood royalty: Keira Knightley prepares to play the fifth Duchess of Devonshire
Keira Knightley will portray one of the most hunted women of her age, a celebrity who married an aristocrat - and just about the only man alive who wasn't in love with her.

No, not Diana, Princess of Wales, but one of her distant kin.

The fifth Duchess of Devonshire was a social powerhouse of the 18th century and Keira will portray her (and this column is the first to bring you this news!) when cameras roll on The Duchess in October.

Read the entire article here

Re: Keira Knightley as Georgiana Duchess of devonshire

Ooooh, looks very interesting, Renée! Thanks for this interesting news. I wonder who will be cast to play Lady Elizabeth Foster, the Duke's mistress?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Julia B

Hi Renee!

Thanks for providing the info & link to the story. Interesting. I'd like to read the book.

To segue to hot males--nothing ever wrong with that--if you click on the picture of Rod Stewart on that same page you'll see Rod not lookin' so good (so sorry Rod your place in the sun has set) BUT you will also see a comparision photo of OO7 James Bond aka Daniel Craig in swimming trunks. Wow! Nice way to start the morning.

Bye

STEVIE

YW, Julia and Stevie!

R~ <-- off to check out Rod and Daniel

Hi!
According to IMDB, this film is going to be released soon.

Country / Date
UK - 5 September 2008
USA - 19 September 2008 (limited)
France - 12 November 2008
Belgium - 3 December 2008
Australia - 26 December 2008
Finland - 9 January 2009
Netherlands - 15 January 2009

The book review posted here at MrsDarcy.com and another at the New Yorker are very positive! http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2000/01/17/2000_01_17_079_TNY_LIBRY_000020019

I'm looking forward to seeing this film adaptation!

Cheers,
Julia B

Julia, dearest, thanks for the info. Will have to muster up some patience still, but there's something to look forward to in the dullest month of the year!