Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Snapshots - A Sequel to holidays by Rachael

Thank you so much for all your kind comments. I'm glad you've enjoyed the story. I did, at one point, start to write a sequel to this sequel! but it got lost in the wreckage of my computer crash earlier this year. But if I can find it, and find the time, I'll try to get something down. Your comments make me feel like writing again!

But if I can find it, and find the time, I'll try to get something down.

I keep my fingers and toes crossed, Rachael!

And I join Renée as well!!

Rachael, I truly appreciate you sharing your stories with us, and look forward in anticipation. Consider this as a slight prompt, but, I am still wishful of the possibility to read Someone Like You, I believe I have also heard it referred to as SLY. As I mentioned once before, you are a legend in the FF world and some how I missed it a year and a half ago, even had it ear marked on my favorites, but didn't get to it before, I guess you had computer trouble.

Just a gentle nudge, I do hope you have a wonderful week, if you celebrate (Thanksgiving)if not still wishing you well. And once again, many, many thanks for your stories.

Thanks,
SonyaR

What a joyful, happy and touching last chapter to the Snapshots series. This has been a delightful read. Thanks so much, Rachael. :)

thank you all for your kind comments and great encouragement. Sonya, I'm a legend? A lovely if somewhat bizarre notion!

Anyway, I found a chapter of the "sequel to the sequel" - there is still much work to be done but here's a taster:

Going Digital [/b]

Sam’s Holidays follow-up, in which we scoot forward a few years.[/i]

“Woohoo!”

The shout rang out across the school hall as the reality of his exam results sank in to Sam’s mind. He whooped, punched the air, and turned round to look for someone to hug.

“You’re in, then?” asked Marco.

“Yup, straight As,” Sam replied, still feeling rather stunned that he had managed to pull it off.

He had taken Chemistry, Biology, Maths and General Studies at A level and had needed three A grades to get into Cambridge to do Medicine. He’d achieved an A in all his subjects, and was delirious with excitement.

“Hey, how have you got on?” he asked as Ally turned away from the notice board where the exam results were pinned up.

“I’m in,” she said. “Got what I needed.”

“Great!” Sam replied, too giddy to concentrate on anything for very long. “Ooh, I should phone Mum.”

He pulled his mobile phone out of his pocket and pressed the speed dial for Elizabeth.

“Hey, guess what,” he said as soon as she answered. “I’m going to Cambridge. Yeah, I got As. Yeah, in all the sciences! Yes, she got the grades she needed too. OK, see you later!”

Elizabeth put the phone down, smiling happily but with tears ******** her eyes. She felt like running down the corridor to Reception to tell everyone there how well Sam had done, but at the same time she felt like crying. This was it, this was the moment when his future opened up before him, and he stretched his wings and flew away from the nest. Elizabeth knew that this had to happen, that he must leave, but it didn’t mean she was looking forward to it happening. She was immensely proud of him, and yet at the same time felt sad.

She shook her head. “Don’t be silly,” she said quietly to herself. “He’s a big boy now.”

Want more? Let me know.

PS Renee if I'm wrong to post a taster, please feel free to delete

Rachael, my dear, this is perfectly fine, and I'm quite excited about your post too!

I'd like to post this teaser on your pages, what do you say?

Renee, that's fine - I just need to write it now, that's all!!

I just need to write it now, that's all!!

Is that all?

Dear Rachael, what a question, if I/we/your readers/fans want more??????

Of course and ASAP for you. Speaking for myself, I am delighted just with what I have read above...

Rachael, your taster is a teaser! Hope to read it soon

Going Digital

Can't wait for your first post, Rachael. I have a soft spot for this family.

BFLY

Rachael,

YEAH!!!! I'm so glad you're continuing this story!!!! Your characters are so engaging and I love your writing. Please say you'll post soon!

Best,

MAB

How exciting! A sequel to a sequel!!
Looking forward to it with great anticipation!

Rachael, Please keep writing. I'm looking forward to knowing how the story goes on. Great work. Congratulations.

oh!!!! This is so great! I am thrilled that u will be continuing this!

PS I hope Sam i still with Laura

Rachael, I am very excited to read this. Sam is such a delightful character. I would love to see a story focuing on him.

still love it! thank you somuch for this slice of their life!

drsuebee

Re: sequel to the sequel

Well, what are you waiting for? Get on with it!!

See my comment on Firthness thread about Rachael's wise and witty stories.

Susan

See my comment on Firthness thread about Rachael's wise and witty stories.

Hello Ophelia, Susan, ...Maudgonne?

Since I occasionally check out the forums at Fness, I happened to read your comment yesterday, and cannot but agree with it.

Oooh, being nosey, and in desperate need of something nice (am in the middle of nasty to-do with an ex-boss who is refusing to pay me) what did Susan say? I've forgotten my firthness password!

Am hoping to have a good writing weekend this weekend, my energies have been rather taken up elsewhere recently

Poor thing, I'm so sorry! Sue the b@st@rd....!

This is what Susan wrote in your comment thread at Fness:

I think the story is more than cute. I think it's wise. I've read it quite a few times. Rachael has a real understanding of how families work, what teenagers are like (and what a range of types there are; the old nature-nurture conundrum), and she also has an awareness of how mature love works. I'd say this story is the Antony and Cleopatra to quite a few Romeo and Juliets on the sites. Both types are wonderful, but the former is in shorter supply (understandably so, since E&D, the originals, are very young.)

... And I sooooo agree with her.

We all love your work, Rachael, and are so looking forward to the sequel of the sequel.

R~

*sigh*
that's so nice to read. Thank you Susan, and Renee for copying it for me. I feel better already!

I found your fic last week, and as I had a major cold, u kept me company when breathing was so difficult...
It´s really good!
In the next snapshots, we´ll see more Will+Lizzy?
I like the teens, but what I´m really looking foward is W+L.... hehehe
Congrats!

1 2