Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: chapter 17 of Tracey's Action & Reaction posted!

Hi Miriam!

Thanks for the lovely comment. I hope I didn't interfere too much with your daily routines! :))))

As for my next chapters, well, it's been forever since I posted, but I do intend to post again someday. I can't give a firm date, I've missed almost every deadline I give myself since I really don't have much free time lately.

Just keep your fingers crossed that I will get a chance to write soon because I really want this story to be finished! I've taken far too long!

Again, thanks for your uplifting post. They made my day! :D

Tracey

Re: chapter 22 of Tracey's Action & Reaction posted!

Hey Tracey, I'm so glad you answered my message :D
Don't worry, you didn'y interfere with my daily life, I went out of my way on purpose just to finish them. Well, I know this may sound really weird, but well, you said you haven't posted anything in a while. So I was wondering if you could just maybe give me a sneek peek preveiw about what happens next, pretty pleeease? It would mean so much to me. By the way, I'd forgotten to mention in my last message, but I read the short story 36D, and I loved it! I mean it was so hot
Well, I hope i hear from you soon, and thanks again for replying to my messgae. THAT really made my day

Loved the story... Have totally devoured all you have written.... will there be more? Please... if we grovel? I will keep checking back here to your page for more of this story. Again loved your work... Keep it up!

Dear Renee or Tracey,

Just wanted to check in to ask when or if Tracey will ever be finishing this story for us anytime soon? I realize RL has been hard on her for the last two years, but it has been almost one year since her last installment, and really, it's been too long a wait. I don't mean to sound harsh, but this is ridiculous. We had to wait a whole year before last December's posting of one chapter, only to learn that she still has two more chapters to write before it's completed. I had previously requested to Tracey that she please post at least one chapter that she had mentioned she had completed to satisfy our craving for more of this story until she has finished it, but she insisted that in order to keep the flow of her story intact she would only post when she finished the last chapter. So we continue to wait, wait, and wait. Has this story really been going since '04?

Forgive me if I seem horribly impatient and insensitive, and I sincerely hope that everything is going ok in Tracey's life. But if I may speak for others here, I think we've all been waiting too long for this story to resolve itself. Please, please, please give us some good news soon! We love this story, it's my personal favorite on this site and I can't wait to read more!

I have to say I have to agree completly with Julie. I know i haven't been waiting as long as other people, but I wanna know what's gonna happen in the story!!!!!!!! Please Tracy!!

My dears, even though I too crave for more Action and Reaction, and I'm sure Tracey will be flattered you love her story so much, I do have some trouble with the use of terms such as 'ridiculous', there where delays of installments of our writers are concerned. Writers who are so kind to offer their work for free, for your enjoyment, who ask nothing in return.

Tracey has a lot on her mind, unexpected matters concerning her family, and it is definitely not her fault that the conclusion of her story has been delayed. RL got in the way, and this RL has her priority now. Justifiably so, I might add.

I know Tracey is working on her story, and that she too realizes the process is slow. However, at this point there's really not much she can do about it.

So, I suggest you just wait patiently, as I do myself, and focus for the time being on the numerous other wonderful stories our beloved Jane Austen fandom has to offer.

Thank you for your understanding

Hi Tracey,
I would like to let you know that I really enjoyed your story. I became so engrossed with the storyline. You pay particular attention so that the reader can feel every emotion and become with these very familiar characters in a new way that is still the same somehow. You did a very good job. And I hope that everything is going well with you and your family.

Hi Tracey,
Although I love your storyand can't wait to read more, I understand how the real world gets in the way. I agree with Rene' that no one should be angry about the story not being complete. You are doing this on your own time. Time is very percious. We are lucky to have the opportunity to be able to read these great stories and for nothing to boot. If they are looking for a story, maybe the ones that are impatient can write one. I know I myself don't have the talent to perform for others. Take care Tracey and I hope all is well in the real world. I send you my prays.

I know I myself don't have the talent to perform for others.

hee hee You're too funny, Maria!

I so loved that scene. Your semi-quote induces me to watch P&P again soon. It has been quite a while.

Maria's words have also inspired me and I feel I must as well add something.
I did love Tracey's story and long to read further... but I do understand that sometimes life runs in a different way as we had expected or even planned. I believe Tracey has reasons that stop her to write at the moment and I do respect those reasons and refrain my curiosity until... well, until Tracey blesses us with more of her interesting ideas. Meanwhile, to you, Tracey, I wish a lot of strengh and all the very best.

Hi all,

I'm late to the discussion... but I guess that's appropriate considering the topic.

Julie, I hear you. Frankly, I feel ridiculous that I haven't finished yet... and I admit, it's not solely because of scheduling (though I certainly don't have the time and energy I had for it a few years ago). I think I'm a bit afraid of writing the last two chapters and not being satisfied, so I've procrastinated. Renée is a good friend of mine and she knows my personal life so I thank her for her kind defence of me, but I also know in my heart my story could have been completed by now if I hadn't gotten stalled.

I would love to say that if I had known when I started it would take this long, I would have waited to post. However, I'd never taken on any kind of writing of this kind before and the comments throughout the years helped me to continue. I have hit a snag in the final chapter and haven't looked at it for a long time.

I absolutely realize there have been people who have given up on my story because I post so infrequently and I'm sorry to hear it, but I totally understand. I've been there/done that too. So I know your frustration. Some of my favourite fan fics are WIPs that have been going for longer than mine, or that have been removed from the boards, or have been abandoned. I do intend to finish and hearing people are waiting is a compliment, but yes, guilt-inducing.

Thank you all for your lovely comments and I agree real life comes first and that has been my priority, but still, I feel a little silly for not having posted in such a long time. All I can say is that my story is not abandoned. I want to finish it. I'm still around. I hope you will be too.

Tracey

P.S. It's lovely to see all these "Maria"s commenting on my story as that's the name of my little girl. :)

Hi Tracey, thought I should join in :) I'm one of your devoted fans dying for the next chapter. Ready to offer any kind of help to bring this event closer :) Babysitting, cleaning, cooking - you name it :) This story is great! You cannot possibly disappoint us with the remaining two chapters, we love the posted ones so much. Your characters are realistic, charming, and believable, and also recognizable as the original characters of P&P - you are doing a wonderful job.
And if you by any chance need an extra beta reader -- please think of me :)

When I saw Marg's comment, I felt like I just had to reply!! I'm so glad that Tracy posted, and I just wanted to say that I dont think that the last two chapters could everbe bad, nor that we could be dissapointed. Oh, and I agree with Marg when she says in all that she says about the characters being lifelike and modern, but we can actually still relate to the ones in the original book. Anyways, good luck Tracy!

I love it, I want to thank Tracey sooo much for writing this, it is a lovely story!! Keep up the good work!

Action & Reaction

Hi, Tracey!! Lovely story!! I couldn´t stop reading it!!! Good luck with the writing of the two last chapters!!

Hey, Just started reading your story! I love it so far, I can't wait to read the ending. Your doing a great job!

hey there,

Just checking in to see if there was a new chapter! Hope all is well.

I didn't think when the time came I would broadcast this, but I'm too excited. Tonight, I sent my final two chapters to my betas. Chapter 23 is about 8,500 words (or 18 pages) and Chapter 24 is 10,800 words (about 24 pages). I know it's taken me forever so I hope some of you are still interested in reading. I will send it off to Mrs. Darcy as soon as I've revised it, but that may be a few weeks. I can't believe I'm done! Sorry if this is teasing... it's really not meant as such. I'm just so happy. :D

Tracey

Weeee! I am just as happy and excited that you have finished the story, Tracey! Thank you for remembering to do so! Now will be patiently waiting for Mrs Darcy to publish them

Yeaaaaa! I to will wait and be patient for the next chapters! Thank you for the update....

*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

This is wonderful news, Tracey!

Congratulations!

Cheers,
Julia B

YESSSS!!! Tracey, I can't believe we can finally get to read the finale of this wonderful story!! Can't wait, dear!

You made my day!

Yes Tracey..that is really my goofy grins........I have always believe that you will finish your story...but I know with your wonderful kids and all...wjho are we to compete for your attention... ............but Tracey dearest IAM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED............your Lizzy & Darcy has always been my fav......... ........thank you thank you thank you Traceyyyyyyyyyyyy for your time spent to finish this fairy tale.........ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait...........................

IMA

Tracey, I am so glad you finally did it!!!

I do believe in the power of prayer even when concerning p&p FF...

Meanwhile I restarted reading the all story...
Look forward to reading the final chapters.

Dear Renée, please do not let us wait toooooooooooooo long

Ah, you all make me feel so great. I have a huge smile reading your comments. I'm so glad you're still interested and I hope the last couple of chapters will be fun to read. While it took a long time, I had fun writing most of the chapters... a couple of spots were a bit frustrating!

Hi Tracey!

Great news! Thanks so much for letting us know. I am most definitely interested in reading the rest of your wonderful story and I cannot wait to read it! I'm sure it's terrific. I am very glad to know that you were able to finish it in spite of everything going on in your life, we all appreciate it and hope things are going better for you and your family.

Hi Tracey,

Thats great news really excited about reading the final part of your excellent story . . . you've even given me time to re-read it before the final Installment comes!!!

Tracey,
We are all so happy that you have finished this great story. Although we wanted more and quickley, we knew you would want to write the perfect ending to such a good story. I am sure we wont be disapointed. Can't wait to read it. Thanks again for taking the time to give us such great reading material.

OMG!!! Am I seeing this correctly?! Please tell me that I am. I sooo wanted to throw my arms up and scream here at work...

Cant wait to finish reading my favorite modern version of the bestest love story of all time!

WooHoo!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy, I am so excited, I got up because I couldn't sleep and now after reading this wonderful news I know it will be quite impossible to get any rest. You know I love this story so much I printed a copy of it and took it to Hawaii with me last summer to read on the long flight. OMG I am so excited, oh I already said that. Thank you Tracy for not giving up, and my God bless you and your family.

Oh, my! Thank you to you all! Julia! You took it Hawaii! My story has travelled there but I haven't! Oh, well, maybe someday.

Just an update. I have, unfortunately, not heard a word from my betas, but they are busy women, one not involved in the fandom at all, so she has no clue about how we all get stoked about new chapters. I'll start bugging them this week, but until then, I don't want to push, after all, they do their great work as a favour to me!

Thanks again ladies... you all make me feel like a million bucks!

Tracey, That is just such GREAT news!!! I hope that your betas manage to do their bit very soon as I'm really impatient to find out how your lovely story will end!!

Yeahh!!!!

I will kindly volunteer any services to beta if that will help. I mean it!

YAY!
OMG I was SO happy when I read Tracey finished them!! And wow! They're not just 2 or 3 pages each!! I'm gonna have so much fun readinf them!! Thanks a lot for writing the story, Tracey. Among all the PnP fan fiction I've read (which is a LOT) this story is my absoloute fav! Gosh, can't wait... Hope your betas get to reading it soon...

Tracey,

I wish that I myself can be granted the third wish...I desperately wish to read the rest of the story soooooonnn ...........yipes where is the Genie when we need them most.. .I admit I have started to read your story again...just to reacquaint myself with your D&E..ohhh I have to admit your characters and plots are incredible right from the start. I want to "prepare" myself for the ending.. ..how frequent are you goin to post...

Tracey.. I am soooooooo excited...

Thanking you and all the lovely beta ladies in advance..

Ima

Tracey...just some questions..are you going to post all at once and relieve us from from our misery...if not

Chapter 23 is almost ready.

Good news! I have received a chapter back from my beta! So to answer Ima's question, I'm going to post one chapter on Sunday or Monday depending on when I get it to Mrs. Darcy, of course.

And then for the last chapter, we'll have to wait and see. :)

Tracey

Great news!! Cant' wait!!

YAY!!
Can't wait!

Ooooooooohh..I am turning blue while waiting...Tracey...I am SOOOOOOOO EXCITED

Ima

Part 1 of chapter 23 has just been posted, my dears. Enjoy!

OMG OMG OMG...I should have known that that will be his third wish...................oh Tracey I am so happy ..I couldn't believe that we are now coming to a complete circle...right back at Charlie's place...but Darcy is such a different man ..THAT Nite and TONITE. Oh ...I am so happy that he proposed..thanks you thank you...

I've been waiting for another chapter and it was worth the wait...this is an absorbing, romantic story of D & E and I love it. Especially in this chapter where he asks for the honour to be her husband is sooooooo brilliant and shows how much he respects and loves her. Once this is completed, I think I will re-read it from beginning to end. Hope you have it in you Tracey to produce another great story soon.

Dear Tracy,
I started preparing myself for today by re-reading for the 20th time your beautiful story last Thursday and Friday. I have to tell you Action and Reaction was the first PP modern story I read and I fell in love with it. I have prayed for you and for your family.

This chapter is wonderful to be able to see thru your writing how these two have grown and matured in their relationship. They have come a long way. The whole proposal was magical, so, so, so sweet. Very good use of the third wish!!!!

Great first part Tracey! It does not surprise me that Darcy held her ring in his pocket for months considering my own husband held my engagement ring in his pocket every day for six months. He said he just didnt know when the right opportunity would come up!

This story is so special to me! Lot it and of course cant wait for part 2.

That was sooo sweet! Astounding use of the third wish, I don't think I saw that coming.

So, now they are in the same place they first kissed (even if it was "faked" -I can't believe that was so long ago!-), but in a real relationship. It was hard work to get where they are now, but worth every single minute.

Can't wait to read part II!

Thank you very much, Tracey.

I'm not surprised either he was carrying that ring around - such a big lug deep down. *sigh* I've been waiting for this proposal for - how long has it been - I don't even know, but you know me... Now for Part II - gee, I wonder what will happen next??? LOL!

Great job, so good to read about these two, like old friends I haven't seen for a long time!

Julie

Re: chapter 23 part 1

Tracey, that was so worth the wait!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! The prosposal was so delightful. Loved the image of hundreds of tea lights in the snow. Lovely! I need to go back and re-read the cufflink story--do you know the chapter?

Thank you all!

Just popping in to say a great big thanks for all the lovely comments! I will get back to you all in more detail but I'm off to bed right now!

Lucy... the cufflinks were mentioned throughout several chapters of the story. I'd have to go back and look too! I do know he partially explains them in the chapter after the poker match and they first appear the night he attends the gala for the Queen... I'm awful, I don't know my chapters by heart! It's been a long time for me too!

Tracey

Hi Tracey!

THANK YOU!!! Thank you so much for posting this beautiful chapter, it was worth the wait!!! Loved the proposal scene with the tea lights, how romantic our Darcy is! Can hardly wait to read the next chapter, well done you!!!

Darcy is so romantic and such a mushy fellow! it is indeed quite a transformation from the old days
I can't wait to see what Tracey, you have for us in the next part of the finale!

1 2 3