Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

Ooopps
I mean...you can order them through Mrs Darcy store and at the same time help to keep this lovely site. That wayyou kill two birds with one stone
SmileyCentral.com

Thanks Eli and Renee' !
I've never buy anything on line, well at least till now. I'm consindering though to do it through Mrs Darcy on line store. I suppose i have to get a credit card ??? ( Yes, i'm such a finance ignoramuse !)

Yes. But you can rest assure that it is quite safe. I have made many purchases thorough the site and never regret it!SmileyCentral.com

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems logging into hyacinth gardens?? . . .

Cheryl, the site is closed at the moment. The admins are upgrading it. A little birdie whispered in my ear though that it won't be long anymore.

hi! could you tell me when HG will be back?[:)plssss...

No, sorry, I cannot.

Thanks for the info Renee its good to know!!

I emailed the admins, and they said technical issues are taking longer than they thought. But they're doing the best they can to get it back up.

We will just have to exercise a little bit more patience.

Thanks for the info, Melissa!

Has anyone heard from Tanya about Strange Bedfellows? I dearly miss this story, thanks.

To Anniina about the christian name of Mr. Darcy in the Jane Austen Book Club; (I still don't know how to use quotes );

I have read the English version and the Dutch translation (Reneé O, are you Dutch, too, or did I guess wrong?), and in both versions they refer to Mr. Darcy or to Fitzwilliam Darcy, so I think it is just your translation. Luckily ! Karen Joy Fowler is a Jane Austen expert I believe, for I have seen several copies with a prologue written by her.

It is a great book, I can't wait to watch the movie , has anyone seen it so far?

Greet from a greaaaaaat P&P fan,
Marloes

Reneé O, are you Dutch, too, or did I guess wrong?

I definitely am, m'dear. Welkom, Marloes!

I've only seen a trailer of the movie, and it looked very nice, so I'm lookign forward to it.

please ignore

Please ignore this message. I am just trying to turn off the notification mode. Thanks, carol

Thanks Marloes:) I'm considering re-reading the book in English to see if I'd like it better that way. I got so upset with all the mistakes in the Finnish version (for instance, in addition to calling Mr. Darcy "Mark" there was also a point where Elizabeth Bennet was referred to as Emily Bennet and at one point Sylvia's husband was suddenly called David) that in the end I sent an email to the publishing company and told them that I was most seriously displeased with the way they'd polluted the shades of the Jane Austen Book Club:)

Wow, Emily Bennet That is a very ill mistake, indeed. Haha, you might scare them with that message! They will think you are a reincarnation of Lady Catherine

They will think you are a reincarnation of Lady Catherine

I doubt it. Judging from the horrific mistakes made that must have no idea who the heck Lady Catherine is

@ Eli:

Good point Or they think it is Lady Caroline or something

You crack me up, lady Caroline sounds EXACTLY like someone who might appear in the Finnish Jane Austen Book Club

turning off notification

The link on the Mrs. Darcy site to Jane Austen Regency Fanfiction Index goes to a page requiring a user id and password, but no area to register for those. Any guidance on how one could gain access to that particular link?

Agree with all the sentiment here that the Mrs. Darcy site is really great!

I'm a huge fan of this JA website, but I also like one called Longbourn Loungers which is dedicated to fanfiction based on the 2005 movie version of P&P. Today it seems to not be there anymore. Does anyone know the story on that? Has it been discontinued from the Life and Stuff space, or did it move? Googling it didn't locate it.

Agree with all the sentiment here that the Mrs. Darcy site is really great!

Thank you!

The username to the JA/FF index = MDSreader
The login name = MrsDarcy

Use capitals where required, user name and login are case sensitive. On the Stories Page you'll find the link to the username and login, Maura. Happy browsing!

Today it seems to not be there anymore. Does anyone know the story on that?

No idea. I tried too. Not even a message that the site is down. I'll e-mail one of the authors over there I'm acquainted with and ask her.

Received a reply in the meantime, and actually it doesn't look good.

check out this link

Thanks, Renee, for researching it. Hopefully those ff writers at LL will post their stories at other JA sites, if indeed the site is permanently gone. I appreciate your quick response!

I know of one, our dear Sandra, whose stories can be found elsewhere. She has her own FF site.

Here's the link: Pen and Ink

Unfortunately I don't know the other authors.

Ladies and gents, LL will be up soon again. It was all a misunderstanding. So no worries about virusses or hackers or whatever!

BTW, I'm deleting all other FF sites from the link section of my site except for the JA/FF index. My section was incomplete anyway. Apart from that it so often happens that sites are down. So, I thought it best to just stick to the index. From there all other FF sites can be found.

Thank you for your understanding

Renee,

How do you register for the JA/FF Site? It doesn't appear to give me any info on how to do it?

There's no need to register, just fill out the User ID and the pass word.

You will find them here

Thanks Renee, I thought I'd missed something!!

Does anyone have current information about Hyacinth Gardens? I heard at the end of September that they were working on it, and nothing since. I sent an email to two of the mods Friday morning and it bounced back to me as undeliverable today.

Does anyone have current information about Hyacinth Gardens?

I'm sorry, no, no news at all. It's not the first time the site is down for such a long time, so I expect it to be back eventually.

Bonjour Mesdames, Hello Ladies !!

Just a little message to tell you this :

Hyacinthgardens is back !

Would it be a Christmas gift ?

I go back to read the last chapter of Belen's "Obstacles"...

Bye Girls !

Thanks for the heads-up, Quiet. Cool news for the HG fans.

So what's up with AHA?

As I understand it AI/AHA are changing servers and there are some issues at the moment with accessibility.

Be patient, my dears, I bet the admins are working hard to solve things.

In the meantime, enjoy the other JA/FF sites. There are goodies everywhere.

Thanks God! :P
I thought AHA was down permanently!!!

I've got good news for you, dear fans. There's a temporary board to be find here

Erm... to be found, of course!

Ladies and gents, here's the new link to AHA

Yeah! So glad it's back.

Excuse my ignorance, but I have been a new comer to Mrs. Darcy's story site, and I have been reading a few stories. They are very well written, and I ask if it is possible that I could submit my own fanfiction. Again, excuse my ignorance! Thank you.

A warm welcome to you, Rebecca. And you're welcome to ask any question you want to ask.

I'm sorry to say though that Mrs Darcy's doesn't have a free story posting facility, and that authors are invited to join the circle on recommendation and invitation. Could you tell me where you've posted yours? If I can spare the time I'll check them out. Can't make any promises though!

Hello, I am a newbie to this site but have fallen head over heels for it already I hope that this question is okay, it refers to a story I read a while ago and can't remember the title of... the only bit I remember is that Lizzie and Darcy are celebrating Christmas together and she gets him a horse statue which has great meaning. It's not a lot to be going with I know but I did enjoy it thoroughly so if anyone is familiar with it... Thank you

A very warm welcome to you, Spider! Hope to 'see' you often.

The story you're inquiring about, is it modern or Regency? I had to think of Belén's Obstacles to Overcome, a modern retelling set in the equestrian world. Truth be told, my memory actually fails me. Christmas is celebrated but I'm not sure whether she gave him that gift. I ought to know though...

Thank you Renée.

I should have mentioned that it was a Regency piece. From what I can remember the Fitzwilliam family were all invited and the Earl and possibly Colonel F were both especially impressed with the gift. It may or may not have been a forced marriage story.

I wish that I could recall more and don't really suppose anyone will know it but it's worth a try

I fear I don't know which one you mean, so let's hope someone else does.

Hello,first let me express my ardent admiration for this JAFF-site, thank you so much for all the wonderful stories.
Now let me boast of my good memory: after reading the question referring to the horse statuette as a Christmas gift, I thought instantly of two stories and on checking the second I found the requested section - it´s "The Darcy Saga" by Sharon L.,chapter 12, Christmas at Pemberley -Christmas Day.

http://darcysaga.bravehost.com/CAP.html

Last but not least: will "Strange Bedfellows" be continued? Pleeeeease?

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!!! Will go and reread that soon.

hey... I was wondering if Jan H ever posted her stories anywhere else? I love reading at Mrs. Darcy and it is my absolute favorite site, but so many of the other authors can be found in different places.. (eg. HG, Austen Interlude, etc)
oh, and Mrs.Darcy should consider adding Jessi of Austen Interlude to her circle of authors. "The Muse" is an amazing modern ff, and should be shared with all the loyal readers here at Mrs. Darcy.
thanks!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9