Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How to Live a Jane Austen Life by Becca B

Mrs Darcy did this very entertaining discovery in the Live Journal Community today...

Rush over to the special features pages and enjoy the full text of Becca's first prize winning oratory of a forensics tournament. You will love it, so give Becca a bit of your love!

Re: How to Live a Jane Austen Life by Becca B

This was amazing! Becca, you really encapsulated the essense of Austen. Her honesty would be quite threatening to us nowadays and also very refreshing to hear people say what they really think especially in a witty way.
I also think the comment about not settling for second best is really important. All of us have been tempted to accept a undesirable situation because of social pressure and we should find the strength to withstand and resist this because if you compromise your deepest values you will never be happy. Lizzy was smart enough to know that and she is a shining beacon to woman everywhere. Let Austen always endure and we will die eternal optimists and romantics.

Oh that was amazing!

I really like how you talked about staying in on a Friday with Ben & Jerry's and some Jane Austen, because that is what I do. It was brilliant how you worked it into modern concepts and captured what Jane would think girls should do today.

Fantastic!

Bravo! Very wise insights!

Very insightful and clever!

Becca, I just love you essay and I'm being brutally honest!

I loved it!

Becca,
Way to go on a fabulous essay! You are obviously an observant, insightful reader and viewer of Jane Austen's books and movie adaptations. I'm thrilled that you were awarded for your excellent analysis of JA's work.

A very entertaining essay that had me smiling and nodding in recognition! I love how you've taken ideas form Austen and "translated" them for us modern gals. Great stuff, Becca, I hope to read more from you!

L-O-V-E-D...The last sentence!!!

You go, girl!

My daughter's only four, but I'm printing this out so she can read it when her time comes!

Keep on writing!

It's not only women who adore mr Darcy...

A very warm welcome to you, Sebastian! I hope you'll enjoy yourself here. There are more men who love Austen and who even write fanfiction. So, you're not alone. This article might interest you!

Aww I really liked your essay. Although I don't ever think I'll be able to be brutally honest, perhaps beinga little more honest would be better. Haha I'm qay toto much of a jane that way.

I reckon Elizabeth would've have become a governess if Mr Darcy never came, but I'm sure she knew that with 5 sister, including herself, at least one of them would have gotten married, and it wouldn't be too bad.=)

I'm a teen who's not been on a date, haha, and this certainly is true, I don't ever want to go on one, despite everyone else my age, unless I"m comfortable with it lol.