Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

Yes, keep up the good work, Ellen!

My favorite stories are the "out of the box" stories and the fact that everyone is eager for more should tell you that it is a hit!

I rarely read the WIP stories, preferring to wait until they are complete, but I happened upon this and started reading it and am now hooked.

I tried writing a little and failed miserably so all of the authors here have my utmost respect for the dedication and time that it takes to pull these stories together.

A little late to the party (I only started reading last night), but I just wanted to chime in that I'm enjoying this story very much and I can't wait to see what will happen next.

Dear Ellen,

Can we have an update soon? I waited to read until the resolution seemed near and I love the story so far. But then you left us with another cliffie. Another chapter, pretty please?

*Sigh* I wondered when someone was going to call me on my tardiness! Sorry, folks!

About 3/4 of the chapter is written, but I've become very busy (I've just completed my training as a tutor of "English for Speakers of Other Languages"!). I will try to get a chapter posted by week's end. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Looking forward to it, dear Ellen, and good luck with your future students.

"Hanging on your lips"... eagerly!!!!!!!!!! not patiently any longer. Lovely story that's the best I can do for a one-eyed Darcy

Here you go, Karin, and all other fans... chapter 24 is up. Enjoy!

Hmmmmm....I'm not sure I'd want Bingley if I were Jane. Who wants somebody that has to be bullied to offer for you?

I was happy that Mr. Hampton spilled the beans about Darcy's involvement in recovering Lydia and insuring that she was wed. Redemption, indeed...

I'd love to know what was in Darcy's head when he first caught sight of his Elizabeth. Will we get a little peek, Ellen, pretty please?

Ellen,
I love your story, very original and sweet.
I love the way they have been getting to know each other.
Thank you for writing this and sharing it with us.
Tere
Mexico

I'd love to know what was in Darcy's head when he first caught sight of his Elizabeth

Exactly my thoughts, Rita dear. Although we already know she didn't disappoint - of course not! -, I'd love to read about his inner (overwhelming) emotions!

This story really sucks you in, doesn't it, Tere?

Dear Ellen,

It was awesome chapter! I’m so happy it was Darcy – and when you described how he looked like when came to visit the Bennets. Sexy, very sexy.

I really liked that Dr. Hampton told the truth, but also that he willingly helped Darcy in finding Lydia. He deserves now my heartfelt gratitude. I have respect for people who, even if they made mistakes, learn from it and are ready to improve.

As to Bingley – I don’t want to see him again. One thing, and still revolting, is to leave like he did in original, before any promise was made. But to run away after the engagement… I’m quite sure sweet Jane would be able to forgive him, but I vote for the Colonel to win her heart.

I absolutely loved the way you putted Lady Catherine’s famous line into Mrs. Bennet’s mouth. I laughed aloud.

But my favorite part, and something’s telling me I’m not alone in this, is that Darcy had absolutely no difficulty in recognizing Elizabeth. SmileyCentral.com

Thank you Ellen and good luck with teaching.

**Sigh**

Okay, so the doctor has redeemed himself a very little but enough to want him to b happy..just with someone other than Lizzy. Ah, how romantic that Darcy was able to pick Lizzy out immediately and that she was not disappointed with him! Wonderful story Ellen!

Nice twist on the Bingley angle...will Jane want him back?

Frances

WOW What a wonderful way to start my day. Another fabulous chapter. I love that Darcy knew Elizabeth immediately. I am soooooo looking forward to the next chapter.
Mant Thanks
Jo

I also liked the fact that Darcy recognized Elizabeth immediately and that he was so bold in approaching her. I'm not sure about Bingley either. We'll just have to wait and see how Ellen works all this out. I also like your description of Darcy. He does sound like a swashbuckler. Thanks for the new chapter and I hope we see another one very soon. Cindy

Ellen, I've loved every chapter of this story, even though I've fretted at times, especially over the threat of Mr Hampton. How nice that Lizzy is really no longer in any danger from him and that he has redeemed himself. I foresee him and Anne deBurgh sailing off into the sunset...

I too would love to know Darcy's thoughts when he first looked at the Bennets, and I have a feeling some of them were to do with recalling the shape of Lizzy's curves! LOL

Some favourite lines include:

QUOTE: "No, Elizabeth, it was not. It was your Mr. Darcy."

I loved that, especially as we had been led to believe along with Lizzy that it was Mr H.

QUOTE: Elizabeth nodded, her throat too tight for speech.

I just really liked how concise this statement was, yet how it totally evoked for me how she must have felt - I could almost feel my own throat tighten as I read. Great writing.

QUOTE: Though you had been visiting his sister, your father knew nothing of Mr. Darcy's existence.

I had forgotten that aspect - that no one else in Hertfordshire knew of the man at all! Again, well done on building that continuity.

I also, like others, enjoyed the clever use of Mr H in Mr Gardiner’s role, and also the references to Lady Catherine's dialogue given to Mrs Bennet. Very funny and inspired!

QUOTE: Mr. Darcy was so amused by this conceit, I think he is likely to give it to me after all."

LOL - how lovely it is to see Darcy's vastly improved spirits at this point in the story.

And, oh my goodness, how I have longed for THIS moment!

QUOTE: Mr. Darcy shocked the assembled by striding directly over to Elizabeth and, taking her hand, bowed and placed a warm kiss upon it.

"Miss Elizabeth Bennet, I presume?" he said in a low voice, his eye never leaving her face.

Swoon.... how I would love to 'see' that moment acted out! I loved her 'greedy' devouring of his features, and can only imagine him doing likewise. Sigh.

Lovely writing, a vastly entertaining and extremely rewarding chapter, Ellen. Thank you so much, what a great start to the weekend! :D

Sandra

Yippee,
an excellent chapter. I smiled all the way through.
Thanks

Happy Friday it is! The chapter I've been waiting for - Darcy finally sees Elizabeth. Thank you, Ellen, for this lovely story. I am looking forward to more soon, especially when they are married. Mr. Hampton's turnaround is astounding. Like the others, I am not so sure now if Bingley deserves Jane...

Yes, yes, yes! Mr. Hampton WAS doing penance, so Lizzy is safe for Darcy! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked this chapter very much, and will be going all melty whenever I remember Darcy's actions when he first sees her. Well done!

Thanks for the love...I aim to please!

Lovely, lovely

This is such a sweet, wonderful story.

I'm so glad that Darcy has finally, literally seen Elizabeth and not only recognized her immediately, but was so delighted when the reality appears to have surpassed his imagination (which I'm sure is excellent).

I certainly hope that you don't have any angst in store for us by Mr. Bennet refusing his consent for any reason.

Eagerly anticipating the next chapter.

Yeah! Sweet as sugar!
I must say tat I completely agree that Mr Bingley deserves colf feet after all. Jane can always count with the not so handsome, not so rich but none the same dazzling Colonel...SmileyCentral.comcan she not?

Oh, dear Eli, always looking out for the Colonel!!

Yea! Mr. Hampton improves after all, I didnt see this coming. I figured he would use this to his advantage. Don't let Mr. Bennet get all moody on us. Excellent installment..can't wait for more.

I will be so very sorry to see this story end.

Loved the chapter Ellen. Made my day!

But did Eli influence you when she came to the States to visit you? i.e. Bingley?

Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks again. KC

But did Eli influence you when she came to the States to visit you? i.e. Bingley?

Not at all, KayakChick! While I value dearest Eli's opinion in many things, stupid Bingley is entirely my own. In fact, she labeled him "disgusting."

Thanks Ellen, for the newest update! I was so glad to see Mr Darcy actually get to "see" his Elizabeth! I know this story is coming to an end, but I have absolutely loved it! I just can't wait to see these two have some more moments alone together soon! Great job!

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

This was just the chapter I have been wanting to read. I loved having Darcy just know what Elizabeth looked like. Mr. Hampton is improving, I must say. He may turn out alright after all. Thanks so much, Ellen!

This story is just a jewel, a good read through and through. I adore all of it. I keep thinking on Darcy's wild looks now thar he is restored to health... Have you started anything new? ... or do you need some gentel persuasion?

Have you started anything new?

Alas, karindarcy, I am not the imaginative and prolific author that some of our contributors are (shout-out to the always-amazing Eli! ). Who knows if and when the muse will ever strike again?

But I appreciate the lovely comments from our readers more than you will ever know.

I am not the imaginative and prolific author that some of our contributors are

Are you kidding us? Three long stories and five short ones in a little more than a year or so?

R~

I think I'll read chapter 24 yet again.

Excellent chapter! Couldn't help but be a bit giddy as I read through it.

Alas, karindarcy, I am not the imaginative and prolific author that some of our contributors are (shout-out to the always-amazing Eli!). Who knows if and when the muse will ever strike again?

Hopefully it'll strike at least one more time. There's still one last prequel to "The Lesson" that hasn't been written, and I'm hoping you'll be able to gift us with that soon.

There's still one last prequel to "The Lesson" that hasn't been written

Oh, dear, Melissa, I've already done two prequels to "The Lesson." Did you miss one, or is there perhaps something else you have in mind, hmmm???

Yes, you did two, but you promised us three. I'm still hoping for the last one.

In fact, I have "The Lesson" and its two prequels saved on my computer for easy re-reading. Along with the mushroom story. But there's always room for one more.......

Yes, you did two, but you promised us three. I'm still hoping for the last one.

Wow, Melissa, I just went back and read your posts on "The Lesson" (from back in February!), and now I realize what you meant. I totally did not remember that I had written, "Indeed, there had already been three other times during their brief marriage in which he had done the same."

You have some memory, my dear!

........hm, there's always room for some more.. mmmm o:)]
.. anyone fancy a lizzy-darcy twist flamencostyle? that would be yummie, don't you think? Anyone up for the challenge? I am not as I don't know enough to pull it through, put if someone would give it a try ...

anyone fancy a lizzy-darcy twist flamencostyle?

Hmm, karindarcy, care to explain this concept? (or am I just being thick-headed?

Yeah! Can't wait for more. Thanks for entertaining me for hours.

"Flamenco-style", You're not thickheaded, far from it! Imagine a context with Lizzy an excellent flamenco dancer of some obscure origin in the Andalusian geography, and Darcy either a nobleman or an artist in his own right, lots of pride on both sides, not exactly Regency, perhaps. But why not? I guess flamenco has been performed a couple of centuries. (Am I being thickheaded now?) The thing is, I love the way emotions of all sorts are given an expression within a given framework. It would probably be way to difficult and demand to much research to get close to probable.

Well, karindarcy, I will say that your idea is HOT , but I'm not the one to do it either. Notice I've never done anything but Regency...not even a modern-day adaptation, because I don't have any specialty knowledge and I'm too lazy to do the research!

But maybe you can find someone else out there to give it a go! I know I'd read it!

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your latest chapter. Darcy finally getting to see Elizabeth, the redemption of the doctor, and the intriguing twist that the only one who really knows about Darcy's existence is Jane - Elizabeth's in love with a man none of her family even knows exists. Hehe.

I love this story. But now that we are coming to an end I was wondering if you have more stories in the making. I perfer the Regancy to Modern Day. Though I read bought. I was also wondering where I can find the story the Lesson and the presequals. I don't think I have read those. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Thanks so much to all those who sent kudos.

Maria, I don't have any plans for another story right away, but these things have a way of sneaking up on me! You can find "The Lesson" and its prequels on my page, http://ellen.mrsdarcy.com/ Be aware, they're rated R and very racy!

Ellen,
Yes I did find them after I posted my note. I love that he is so romantic with her. Thinking of new places to share their love. How cute. Well I am waiting ever so patiently for more of Eye of the Beholder.Thank you for your great stories. It's authors like you that keep us D&E fans going.

Man Ellen, we do totally need to "see" or technically "read" about Darcy's reaction to Elizabeth's looks. Can we hope?

KayakChick,

Due to popular demand, I will be sure to include his thoughts in the next chapter. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ellen, I absolutely love this story. I discovered it a little while ago, and now I'm checking daily for updates!
It looks like the happy ending is near - I just wonder if Mr. Bennet is going to be difficult about it...

On a sidenote: I also loved "the lesson" and its prequels!

Chapter 25 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Gosh, that Wickham! Such an ungrateful wicked b@stard! But Darcy is too happy to get upset. Justifiably so.

1 2 3