Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

Yeah! Sweet as sugar!
I must say tat I completely agree that Mr Bingley deserves colf feet after all. Jane can always count with the not so handsome, not so rich but none the same dazzling Colonel...SmileyCentral.comcan she not?

Oh, dear Eli, always looking out for the Colonel!!

Yea! Mr. Hampton improves after all, I didnt see this coming. I figured he would use this to his advantage. Don't let Mr. Bennet get all moody on us. Excellent installment..can't wait for more.

I will be so very sorry to see this story end.

Loved the chapter Ellen. Made my day!

But did Eli influence you when she came to the States to visit you? i.e. Bingley?

Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks again. KC

But did Eli influence you when she came to the States to visit you? i.e. Bingley?

Not at all, KayakChick! While I value dearest Eli's opinion in many things, stupid Bingley is entirely my own. In fact, she labeled him "disgusting."

Thanks Ellen, for the newest update! I was so glad to see Mr Darcy actually get to "see" his Elizabeth! I know this story is coming to an end, but I have absolutely loved it! I just can't wait to see these two have some more moments alone together soon! Great job!

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

This was just the chapter I have been wanting to read. I loved having Darcy just know what Elizabeth looked like. Mr. Hampton is improving, I must say. He may turn out alright after all. Thanks so much, Ellen!

This story is just a jewel, a good read through and through. I adore all of it. I keep thinking on Darcy's wild looks now thar he is restored to health... Have you started anything new? ... or do you need some gentel persuasion?

Have you started anything new?

Alas, karindarcy, I am not the imaginative and prolific author that some of our contributors are (shout-out to the always-amazing Eli! ). Who knows if and when the muse will ever strike again?

But I appreciate the lovely comments from our readers more than you will ever know.

I am not the imaginative and prolific author that some of our contributors are

Are you kidding us? Three long stories and five short ones in a little more than a year or so?

R~

I think I'll read chapter 24 yet again.

Excellent chapter! Couldn't help but be a bit giddy as I read through it.

Alas, karindarcy, I am not the imaginative and prolific author that some of our contributors are (shout-out to the always-amazing Eli!). Who knows if and when the muse will ever strike again?

Hopefully it'll strike at least one more time. There's still one last prequel to "The Lesson" that hasn't been written, and I'm hoping you'll be able to gift us with that soon.

There's still one last prequel to "The Lesson" that hasn't been written

Oh, dear, Melissa, I've already done two prequels to "The Lesson." Did you miss one, or is there perhaps something else you have in mind, hmmm???

Yes, you did two, but you promised us three. I'm still hoping for the last one.

In fact, I have "The Lesson" and its two prequels saved on my computer for easy re-reading. Along with the mushroom story. But there's always room for one more.......

Yes, you did two, but you promised us three. I'm still hoping for the last one.

Wow, Melissa, I just went back and read your posts on "The Lesson" (from back in February!), and now I realize what you meant. I totally did not remember that I had written, "Indeed, there had already been three other times during their brief marriage in which he had done the same."

You have some memory, my dear!

........hm, there's always room for some more.. mmmm o:)]
.. anyone fancy a lizzy-darcy twist flamencostyle? that would be yummie, don't you think? Anyone up for the challenge? I am not as I don't know enough to pull it through, put if someone would give it a try ...

anyone fancy a lizzy-darcy twist flamencostyle?

Hmm, karindarcy, care to explain this concept? (or am I just being thick-headed?

Yeah! Can't wait for more. Thanks for entertaining me for hours.

"Flamenco-style", You're not thickheaded, far from it! Imagine a context with Lizzy an excellent flamenco dancer of some obscure origin in the Andalusian geography, and Darcy either a nobleman or an artist in his own right, lots of pride on both sides, not exactly Regency, perhaps. But why not? I guess flamenco has been performed a couple of centuries. (Am I being thickheaded now?) The thing is, I love the way emotions of all sorts are given an expression within a given framework. It would probably be way to difficult and demand to much research to get close to probable.

Well, karindarcy, I will say that your idea is HOT , but I'm not the one to do it either. Notice I've never done anything but Regency...not even a modern-day adaptation, because I don't have any specialty knowledge and I'm too lazy to do the research!

But maybe you can find someone else out there to give it a go! I know I'd read it!

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your latest chapter. Darcy finally getting to see Elizabeth, the redemption of the doctor, and the intriguing twist that the only one who really knows about Darcy's existence is Jane - Elizabeth's in love with a man none of her family even knows exists. Hehe.

I love this story. But now that we are coming to an end I was wondering if you have more stories in the making. I perfer the Regancy to Modern Day. Though I read bought. I was also wondering where I can find the story the Lesson and the presequals. I don't think I have read those. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Thanks so much to all those who sent kudos.

Maria, I don't have any plans for another story right away, but these things have a way of sneaking up on me! You can find "The Lesson" and its prequels on my page, http://ellen.mrsdarcy.com/ Be aware, they're rated R and very racy!

Ellen,
Yes I did find them after I posted my note. I love that he is so romantic with her. Thinking of new places to share their love. How cute. Well I am waiting ever so patiently for more of Eye of the Beholder.Thank you for your great stories. It's authors like you that keep us D&E fans going.

Man Ellen, we do totally need to "see" or technically "read" about Darcy's reaction to Elizabeth's looks. Can we hope?

KayakChick,

Due to popular demand, I will be sure to include his thoughts in the next chapter. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ellen, I absolutely love this story. I discovered it a little while ago, and now I'm checking daily for updates!
It looks like the happy ending is near - I just wonder if Mr. Bennet is going to be difficult about it...

On a sidenote: I also loved "the lesson" and its prequels!

Chapter 25 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Gosh, that Wickham! Such an ungrateful wicked b@stard! But Darcy is too happy to get upset. Justifiably so.

Ellen,

Yay, they are officially engaged! I have to admit I was a bit worried about Mr Bennet's reaction since he was such a fan of the Doctor, but all worked out! Great chapter of a fabulous story! I know this story is quickly coming to an end and I am already sad to see that happen. I have enjoyed this story so much, as well as all of your stories. You truly have a gift! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Hi Ellen
another beautiful chapter, everything is just perfect.
Many Thanks
Jo

Thank you, Ellen. I'm so happy for Elizabeth and Jane and, of course, Darcy. I'm glad he didn't let Wickham get to him. Thanks for the post. Cindy

Thank you, for another chapter! Wickham just couldn't wait to give his two sense about what she might feel about Darcy! Ha! Little did Wickham know of they have known each other! Great story! Oh yes, Bingley, finally! Courage to state how he feels on his Wedding!

I am so glad Darcy didn't put up with Wickham's nonsense. Wickham is indeed the one who should be pitied but he brought his troubles on himself. I am also happy that Bingley got off his bum and made his way back to Jane. This was a lovley chapter. Thanks, Ellen!

Yay! They are engaged! I am looking forward to the wedding and then some good lovin...If they are anything at all like your vignettes posted here, I am sure they will be worth the wait...

Ellen, I’ve loved this story (even when I’ve been cross with Mr Hampton, who am pleased you have redeemed and still hope will find happiness with Anne) all along, but these last few chapters have been so satisfying.

I liked how you put this:

QUOTE: The doctor is indeed a worthy gentleman, Papa, just not the one for me."

I also particularly liked in this one how you managed once again to include an element of the book into your writing, but in such a way that it blends perfectly with the new storyline you have created. Lizzy’s thoughts on wishing she’d told her father of Darcy’s existence and his resistance to the match initially are so cleverly and successfully blended into the original concept of that discussion – it was really well done!

And LOL Darcy wasn’t the only one to be astounded at Bingley’s reappearance, so was I!

Like others, I had longed to know what Darcy thought upon first seeing Lizzy, so thank you very much for giving us that satisfaction! Oh and how ironic that when the gentlemen call this time, the family rushes to Darcy to congratulate him, and Bingley feels the coolness of their reception! What a cleverly done twist.

I loved this:

QUOTE: It had been a particular wish of Darcy's to conduct Mr. Wickham to the wedding; their future mother-in-law thought it a lovely gesture of brotherly consideration on Mr. Darcy's part, but Mr. Bennet knew better.

LOL. Poor Mrs B, always destined to be half awake to the realities of the world.

A most satisfying chapter all round, and I loved the strong, confident-in-Elizabeth’s-love Darcy when he told it to Wickham straight. Hopefully that’s the last we have to endure of the slimy git (excuse my language, but I really can’t stand that man).

And finally, I have to agree with your other reviewers, though, Ellen. You strike me as a most prolific writer (as well as very talented) writer. Thanks for sharing your marvellous stories with us, and thanks as always to Renee for hosting! :D

Sandra

Ellen,

Lovely writing:

"No, Wickham, you will not shake me; despite my physical imperfections, I have never been happier. It is you who should be pitied. You will never know more of a person than what you see on the surface, and you will never know true joy in marriage, though I shall wish your bride the best of luck, for she will need it."

STEVIEB

Just got back from burying an old relative (97 years old) and found this chapter. The best restorative ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Yes, the story has almost reached its conclusion, and I appreciate everyone who has hung in there through all the angst.

KarinDarcy: Please accept my condolences. I'm glad I was able to perk you up.

Tina: I am looking forward to the wedding and then some good lovin...If they are anything at all like your vignettes posted here, I am sure they will be worth the wait...
Funny, the rest of the story was PG13 and I still haven't really decided whether to go for broke -- and an R -- in the end. We'll see.

Sandra/Splatt, Jo, Brandy, Cindy, Roberta, Nicky, Maria, KayakChick, Sammie, Barbara, Melissa, Tisha, Tina, Kathy, Karen, Juliet, Noell, Joanna, Lucy, StevieB (OMG, and that's just the last page of the message board -- I never stopped to think of how many people have been reading this!) and everyone else who has been so kind: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

What a way to kickstart my Sunday morning, Ellen, with these wonderful updates !

Oh I so love your Darcy! He is the sort of Darcy i have always imagined, a man who knows what he wants and stays resolute. And look how he put down Wickham and gave Bingley a piece of his mind! What a MAN! Plus, his thoughts on Lizzy when he finally saw her...MMMMMmmmmmmm...lush, very lush and yummy!

I am in all anticipation to have a taste of Darcy's "fullest extent of his passion"

I am in all anticipation to have a taste of Darcy's "fullest extent of his passion"

Oh, my, Gio, looks as if I'll have to do up the wedding night after all!

Oh, my, Gio, looks as if I'll have to do up the wedding night after all!

Yes, yes, yes, yes! Please do the wedding night!

Ellen, I have just found this story and am only to Chapter 10. And it is wonderful! Poor Darcy - his pride so wounded by his blindness, disfiguration, dependence on the kindness of others, jealousy of Dr. Hampton.

The irony of this, referring to his efforts to tamp down his amorous thoughts of EB: He would, at those times, need to remind himself of the difference in their circumstances. I hope she will never know of his abominable pride, because his accident has made their circumstances very different, but that is not what Darcy was thinking of at that moment.

I find the dreams touching - in his, he is never blind. In hers, she can never properly see.

Thank you for sharing, Ellen.
Carol

Chapter 11: Oh, the plot thickens! John Hampton is only two years older than EB, while his father is more than 2-1/2 times her age. Plus, the colonel is now on the scene and hasn't yet met EB. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on whose interests are closest to your heart, Wickham seems to have turned his attention from EB to Lydia. Will he elope with her under her parents eyes?

Chapter 18: A detestable bargain offered by the manipulative Mr. H! And E only considers it because she loves D. Is H truly the only man in England capable of performing such an operation?

Welcome, Carol! So glad you're enjoying.

The story is now drawing to a close, and I hope to have the final chapter(s) ready soon. Stay tuned. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Chapter 26, with which the story ends, has been posted, my dears. Enjoy, and don't forget to give Ellen some love.

Thank you Ellen for this endearing story! I loved the very last line too - very good! I know I've barely been commenting, but I've been reading each chapter avidly and have enjoyed this story very much, and I especially love the vision of Darcy a la The Hathaway Man with an eye patch. How fitting he'd want to see her in the daytime for their first time together, good job!

I can't wait to see what you have in mind for your next story!

Thanks again!

Julie L.

That was really lovely!

Thank you so much!

1 2