Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tanya's Strange Bedfellows

Hey -- How about a contest -- who can write the best ending to Tanya's story!SmileyCentral.com

I strongly believe Donna has surpassed all borders of fun, if I was ever funny!!!
SmileyCentral.com
This is what I call real desperate measures from real addicted people!
Now, seriously. Donna, I do not think Tanya would like anyone to finish her story if she intends to finish it, and I think she will eventually do. But I must say that I too have gotten really anxious as regards Tanya's story.
Why don't you follow my example and write your own happy ending?

I insist TAnya should finish it...I have every hope she will do it, BUT WHEN???
OK, I will practise some more patience..

Only, who has time...which is probably why poor Tanya hasn't been able to finish it.

I think you hit the nail right on the head, Donna. Let's just hope she will finish it at one point, 'cause no author I know would want anybody else finish his/her story, however tempting the thought.

Indeed, Sheila, exercise a little more patience, that's all we can do.

Please try and email her again and just ask to tell us IF she is working on it.
thanks bunches

I wish you would write thje rest of the story. This was the best fan fiction I cam across. You should complete the story. There would be lots like me just waiting.

Tanya, Strange Bedfellows is one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. You've done a wonderful job. Congratulations.
Please, Please, Please, keep writing. All your readers need to know what it is going to happend to Fitzwilliam and Elizabeth.
Congratulation againg and sorry for my english (it is not my first language).
Good luck
Romi

I, too, have been watching day after day, month after month to see if any new chapters have been written.

This is such a well written story and such a unique story.

Tanya, please hear our pleas. We all want you to finish this story or at least let us know that you are still working on it.

I absolutely love this story, but I have been disappointed to see that no new chapters have been updated. I understand that there are many other factors which may prevent Tanya from finishing her wonderful story, but it gets harder and harder to practice patience when such a novel story has me hooked.

Tanya, where are you? Let us know if you are okay. Please! As you can see there are tons of eager readers waiting for a new chapter. You cannot abandon this story. We HAVE to know if E&D will be back together. Will Mr. Darcy live to see them happy? or will he die not knowing if his son will ever find happiness? Will Elizabeth's brother come back to her before her marriage problems are resolved?

Please Tanya DONT abandon this story. I'm sure you can crank out one chapter, its been years. Dont leave us hanging like Rebecca has done with A Shade In His Character.

Finish this story and be happy knowing you have brightened our days. After all, I am sure your story will go down in FF history as a classic. This is one of the first stories I read while discovering P&P Fanfiction.

And please, answer Renees Emails.

Hope to see a new chapter in the horizon

Sky

I agree with Sky. Dont abandon this please Tanya.

I know Tanya is well, but I fear RL occupations prevents her from continuing the story at this point. I fervently hope with you all that she won't abandon it. She finished her previous story, so I'm optimistic. As soon as I know more, I'll inform you. Promise.

I am dying... I didn't realize this is a WIP and I was staying up to finish it.... I implore you to beg her to finish it! I was quite shocked to have it stop, I kept waiting on the conclusion. It is an amazing story as was her last one and she has such the gift to creat these fine stories to share with us! Hopefully this will be encouragement to finish. When was the last chapter posted?

I, too, wish for a conclusion to this story. I cannot even imagine how it will end. Tanya is so talented that I know she can clear it all up for us. Suzi, with the exception of the WIP's on this site that have regular postings, I always scroll to the end to see if it is finished. I have become to addicted to read a story only to discover that it is unfinished. We'll all have to keep hoping that RL allows Tanya to at least finish this story before we all go crazy. Cindy

Dear frustrated felloship,
Did Tanya send a chapter lately?

All in all, I fear Mrs Darcy has indeed warned Tanya's readership that the story is NOT finished. If it reads WIP, that means, work in progress, thus unfinished. Soooo sorry. You had better read labels before opening tins.

Thank you, Eli, for the info., but on some other sites there are not WIP warnings. Those are the stories I was referring to. Cindy

I have to say I'm in agreement with everyone else. I'm desperate for Tanya to finish this! Its such a great story!

*sigh* I've officially given up hope of seeing this story completed. If the author had any intention of finishing it, then she would have alleviated our pleas for more. It's a shame because it really is a great story.

Karen, I think you are right. I've also given up hopes.
I think that if Tanya is thinking about finishing this story, at least she would have told us that.
However I can stop checking the forum to see if there is any news.

Hi Everyone!
I just re-read this story again...can I just say that I absolutely love this story. It's a such great story. Darcy and Elizabeth are so different from canon D & E. But they are so wonderfully complex and so much angst in the story, it makes my heart ache.
Is there any news about continuing the story from the author?
Thanks! Lanie

I really enjoyed this story but it seems clear that the author has moved on and will not be finishing it. Does anyone know of a story on this site, written this well that I could dive in? I need some sort of closure!

Have you read Tanya's other story? A Singular Proposition

Hello -- A couple of other suggestions -- I hate to single any out because there are so many very well written and enjoyable stories on this site -- it's just I've read some more recently -- for instance, Belen's "Obstacles to Overcome" is outstanding -- and this is one of the sexiest Darcy's to date -- don't be too concerned that it is a WIP because it has been completed and she is just rewriting it. I cheated and finished it on another site, but the rewrite is better and worth waiting for -- plus over 40 chapters have been listed already and this will keep you busy for quite a while! I've enjoyed reading Jan H's "Sins of our Fathers" recently and think that this is her best writing thus far, although her other stories are great! I really enjoyed "Eye of the Beholder" by Ellen G. and "What We Did on our Holidays" by Rachael. I kept bypassing "I Saw Her Standing There" because it seemed so young, but it turned out to be a real treat -- especially if you actually listen to the songs that she provides while reading it. PLEASE don't hear this as leaving out some of the other fine, fine stories! Also some of the other WIPs are great but given our disappointment over Strange Bedfellows, I am hesitant to recommend other WIPs -- except as noted above. Well, if you haven't read the stories suggested, this ought to keep you happy for quite some time. Cheers!

Thanks, Donna, for your recommendations. Of course I know them all, and love them all, but it's perfectly fine to have your own special preferences, dear.

To add to outstanding writing, I must say that Belen´s "Paper Jam" is a must.

Oh, thank you so much!
Yes, this will keep me busy.
I will check out all of your recommendations.
And to answer the other poster's question,
I have read Tanya's other story
and was excited to get to her next one.
She's great at evoking emotions.

Thanks for the friendly replies!
Leah

Hi, Everyone!
As much as I love all the above mentioned stories, in my opinion nothing compares to Tanya's breathtaking writing!
I stil did not give up the hope to have some new chapter in the near future...
Love,
SheilaV

Oh I just read this fic and I loved it! Can't believe it's been so long since it was last updated!
I really need more!Should I give up or is the writter still coming back?!

I did not see this on Belen's page here, how do I get to it? - her other stories are great and as I have only recently found all of these wonderful Austen FF sites, I do not know where to go, any help would be appreciated.

In reference to:

To add to outstanding writing, I must say that Belen´s "Paper Jam" is a must.
Thanks!

oh.... please please please update!!! I love Strange Bedfellows so much, the writing is soooo good!!! I'm gonna die and/or finish it myself, but I know all my imagined endings are never as good as the real thing, so please, update!!!

Paper jam is at Austen Interlude.

Dear Tanya
I hope You know your story is unique. I simply love it and I miss our heros very much.
I’m sure You remember “The Little Prince” by Antoine de Saint – Exupery ... "Just that," said the fox. "To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you, I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world..."
Now it is the same for me.
YOU establish ties. Now your story is important. E&D are unique in all the world. I think that You have tamed me.
Fox said something more. ..."Men have forgotten this truth. But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose..."
I know You unerstand, You are responsible for your story.
Forgive me, if it isn’t nice but it is so horrible to wait so long.
PS
My name is Mariola. It’s like Mary-Jane = MJ. I’m from Poland, Europe. I’m 40. Certainly, I’m a great fun of P&P. I love reading P&P fan fiction stories. I can’t buy them in my country and buying them abroad is too much for me, so the only way is internet
PS II
Please forgive me my mistakes and if somebody has time, show me them. I know everyone is really welcoming here, so I have tried. I’m not very good in English. The only way for learning is reading those stories.
This is my first post. To write it I’ve worked all day long.A

Dear Mariola,

First I like to welcome you wholeheartedly at Mrs Darcy's Story Site. As the webmistress of this site I was moved by your comment, not in the last place because of your Little Prince quotes, one of my all time favourite books.

I've forwarded your message to Tanya since she doesn't visit the fandom so frequently anymore these days. I'm sure she'll love it too.

Your English is excellent BTW. Remember, this is an international community and a great number of us, my little person included, aren't native speakers of English either. So, nobody pays any attention to eventual peculiarities. Communication is what it is all about, and in that regard you're doing an admirable job.

BTW, Carthia, author of "Life Is Beter With Animals" is Polish too, and a great friend of mine.

Dear Renee, I need your help.
Yesterday I answered your massage and I make a miastake. I'm so unexperienced that I write the wrong name. I used my e-mail address instad my real name MARIOLA. Would You be so kind and replace it, please, please! MJ

This message is from Mariola. I had to delete the one she posted herself on her request in view of a certain error. Unfortunately the posts in this forum cannot be edited. So, here it is again:

Dear Renee!
Thank You so much for your sweet message. I really appreciate your help about informing Tanya. I hope she doesn’t mind my a little bit harsh words.
BTW many stories are really wonderful here. I am sure I would enjoy reading them.
I am very happy there are other Polish members, especially writers.
Thank you for your precious time with me.
PS
It’s very important that You understand my point about The Little Prince and The Fox.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You so much, Dear Renee!!!!
I'm very greateful. It's 8:29 a.m. here, I'm at work now, so I have to come back to RL.
Thanks again, Bye. MJ

Just checking in to see if Tanya has updated Strange Bedfellows yet. Sigh, I was hoping to read this wonderful story again for the 100th time and being surprised to see click here to continue instead of "to be continued"

Renee, if you talk to her again, just remind her of how awesome we all think she is. I hope to see more from her in the future. I only wish I had half her talent.

I, too, hope Tanya can finish soon! I REALLY miss this story. (It was the first FF I've ever read...what can I say?) It's by far one of the best stories I've ever read, and I hope that at some point during the future she finishes it. Renee, if you have the time (I know you're busy) please send my love and support to Tanya. Thanks!

Is there any hope at all that Tanya will finish this wonderful story?

I can't tell you how much sleep I have lost over it....

Dear Renee,

I have had three wishes since I started reading FF over two years ago.
1. That Jan H. would write another story and she did Sins of the Father. Wonderful Story.
2. That Tracey would finish A&R and she has (I can't wait for the last chapter.
3. That Tanya would complete Strange Bedfellows.

Do you see a common thread? The stories are all in your wonderful website. Thank you for bringing them to us. Thank you for providing hours of fun reading.

How can we encourage Tanya to finish her story? Have you heard from her?

Thank you,
FDE

Two out of three wishes fulfilled, not bad, dear FDE!

Unfortunately I haven't heard from Tanya. I'm not saying she abandoned her fabulous story, but I fear we won't receive good news any time soon...

Hi I love this story and I hope that Tanya finishes this at some point. The characters are wonderful as always in these fan fictions, but it is painful to reach a certain point, please, please finish this soon. The site is a life line for me I read and re-read stories again and again and never tire of them.

While reading this story, I couldn't think of anything bad enough that W could do that would keep D away from E. What would be so horrible that D would forsake his love rather than tell her? I think Tanya must have hit the same wall.

I can think of one thing. I think Tanya hinted at it with Elizabeth's "disguise."

Happier times are ahead for us, I do believe.

I just saw an update of this story in HG!!!
is it true? omg, she updated, that means she going to write again - yipeeee!!
must rush of to read it now, I love this story!

I couldn't believe my eyes myself, but it's true!!!!

Chapter 27 has just been posted on her mini-site. Enjoy!

OMG!!! I am too excited to even read it -- just as I was searching frantically to find it after reading the post hinting that a new addition was somewhere to be found, here appears Renee's post pointing me directly to it. Gotta go...read! Thank you!

Mrs Darcy,

You said it correctly...if this doesn't make your day...nothing else would..................I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy ....

Please please beg to Tanya on our behalf to not leave the JAFF ever again......... we misss her soooooooo much.. T

THANK YOU for making our day...

Ima

BTW Tanya has a mini site?? ANy hint??

BTW Tanya has a mini site?? Any hint??

Every author on my site has her own pages I sometimes call 'mini-site'. So, you can find Tanya's here

Sorry, for the confusion, Ima.

Tanya,

Thank you so much for posting again. This is the story that really did it for me. It made me a JAFFaholic! This story, when you began posting it here, inspired me to search all over the web in hopes that more of it was out there somewhere. I read all I could when I found more of it elsewhere, and since then have hoped for more.

I'm so glad to have more of a hint as to what happened between Wickham and Darcy. Don't get me wrong, I love what you are doing with Jamie and Mrs. Bingley (did I mention that my 6 month old son is affectionately called Jamie?), but I long for more of D and E! Wickham and Darcy's past is what broke them up after all!

Can we hope for a new chapter soon? Please Tanya, this was so good, I long for even more.

You don't know how glad I am to find my prediction is right, for once(at least I hope so, because you could still alter the story from here). I do think that 'gay' had something to do with it, yet I find it unbelievable at the same time, but I ran out of ideas to why Darcy would not trust anyone with the history between him & wickham.
This is amoung one of my most beloved stories in JAFF world, and I hope you will update soon.

Thank you Tanya for continuing this wonderful story! I am so grateful to read the continuation of the story and I love the twist with Wickham. I, as well as many others have been waiting for a very long time to read it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8