Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sins of the Fathers by Jan H

I must confess I did not even bother to read about father Darcy and the rest. i had only eyes for this part
Pulling me into his arms, I felt my skin begin to tingle in anticipation. Gently, he kissed my cheek, my ear, and my neck before finding my mouth. Over and over, he stroked my lips in teasing nibbles until I took his face between my hands and stilled him, making him deepen his kiss

Why did he not went into his own cabin directly, I wonder!!!!Perhaps it wiuld have been too volatile a meeting...

Jan, only you can make one cry and smile in the same chapter. I cannot imagine what Peter Darcy must have gone through. He could have had a very different life, filled with love and happiness if not for the likes of Linton Willoughby. Can he really forgive him for all his misdeeds? Poor Elizabeth Willoughby ..i'm glad she thought that Peter would not forsake her willingly and when she died, she still believed in his love for her. Such a sad and tragic tale

But the second part of the chapter has lifted my spirits to a great extent considering the generous amount of Lizzy-Darcy that you have served us. Wow! Its all so delightfully amazing now that they can openly acknowledge their love for one another .... Thanks Jan! You are the best !!

Yay! Finally--after such a long time of angst and drama...Elizabeth and Darcy are together!
You are such a skilled writer Jan! When some people write angst, it becomes tiresome to read, but you always make it interesting. This is probably one of the best P & P fanfics I've ever read up to now!
Looking forward to more!

Nothing is sweeter than D & E together and Darcy stealing kisses. LOL. Amazing story Jan H.
annj

Okay, this is the third attempt I’ve made to sit and write a review for this chapter, and I am determined to finish… but the trouble is, Jan, that every time I go back to re-read, I find my eyes filling and before I’ve gone far, I’m crying again. I have to say that this chapter was the most moving piece of writing I have come across in a very long time.

It was a beautifully satisfying chapter on every level, not only where our couple is concerned – despite Darcy getting hilariously rather sulky towards the end at being deprived of some privacy with Elizabeth – how amusingly did you portray that! Yet you have woven an emotional thread into this story that tugs at the heart strings all the time.

QUOTE: In truth, he often struggled not to weep

I quote this line because as you can tell it sums up how I was throughout the whole time I read the chapter. More than once, the tears would not be waylaid… my poor husband was quite concerned on Sunday night when I was sat next to him on the sofa reading it on my laptop, but I did reassure him that I was just engrossed in an amazing story!

I cried when Peter is revealing the truth to Georgiana and my eyes are welling up again re-reading – it’s just so beautifully rendered, Jan. You have such a gift for narrative, and dialogue – and when Georgiana embraces Lizzy it just breaks my heart – in a good way!

I cried tons over Eleanor Willoughby’s letter – poor, poor Elizabeth – that her liveliness and happiness were taken from her, that she had to bear her pregnancy in such circumstances, but thank you so much for being able to satisfy the reader by informing us that she never believed Peter had deserted her, that her love never wavered. That is some small comfort to us the reader as well as to Lizzy.

One of the things I particularly appreciated in this chapter was Lizzy having time with her father – I really thought she might be robbed totally of that, that the revelations the day before for Peter might well have taken the last of his strength. I think what I liked most there, apart from the general satisfaction that you can feel for her, is that there are hints of how Peter’s character is part of Lizzy. Obviously, you gave us some parts of Elizabeth Willoughby that we clearly see in Lizzy – her love of nature, just being outdoors etc, but I liked hearing that Peter had spirit and was not afraid to stand up to authority – sounded very Lizzy-like to me!

But oh so many lives affected – and I seriously do fear for Mr Bennet, who has been such a darling to take her in and love her so dearly. But then I trust you too. I think you will resolve that for us too, and that Lizzy will come to heed her real father's good words and advice!

But the poor fathers…

QUOTE: "But Father," I said, "you have no guilt in this matter."
He placed his hand tenderly upon my cheek. "Tell that to my heart, my child."

Awwwe, here I go again, sob… I have to say that I’m glad you described their actual parting without actually giving us the scene in detail… it was emotional enough written the way it was!

And again, Jan, as I’ve said before, all good writing must blend the humour with the angst, and I loved this:

QUOTE: . Alas, God blessed the young girl with an unpardonable amount of energy!

Poor, dear innocent Georgiana – frequently putting her foot in it without even realizing. LOL

And I loved this, because it was such a contrast to how she felt about Darcy when she first met him:

QUOTE: "Everyone has a disagreeable day, even Mr. Darcy, it seems."

And I loved the ending… what a comfort after all that sorrow – to end up a happy note, with a snoring cook (lovely idea!) and Darcy all peeved because he doesn’t want the kissing to stop! Bless him.

A most wonderful chapter. A perfect blend of sadness and humour; lots of lovely romance between our couple; lots of answers to the back-story, and once again told in the perfect way. Breaking off in Eleanor's letter when Lizzy and Peter become so emotional, and letting Darcy take over the reading worked on so many levels for me. Not only in that it reminds you of place and time, but that Darcy's voice should read the end of the story that Elizabeth began.

Loved it, Jan, (perhaps you can tell? haha)and very pleased that I managed to get through a review that time without having to run off for more tissues! It goes without saying I can’t wait for more.

Sandra

Thank you so much, dear readers! Your comments are amazing!

Stevie B, I'm too tired to think up a Plan B for Lady Cat. Have you written a mystery yet? You should because you've got a far more active imagination than me.

JTorres, you are so kind. And I'm so glad to see someone else is old enough to have daughters that correct them as to what's in today.

Roberta, you have a right to feel bitter after reading all this angst. Linton Willoughby is a true ogre of a character.

Anniina, my favorite kind of Darcy is one that aches with love.

Cindy, finally I've learned to skip over certain aspects in a story. It took me a while to realize that you don't have to tell every last detail.

Okay, Eli, I know where your mind is and what you want to read - LOL.

Vidya, I share your relief that D&E's love is in the open and can now be expressed. This repression stuff has gone on far too long.

Gracet, thank you for your comments, and I'm glad you didn't get too worn out with all the angst.

Annj, you and I agree on stealing kisses. Lots and lots of fun!

And dear Sandra, I have to ask, are you a professional reviewer? No, you can't be because you don't say anything negative (for which I'm thankful). You do an incredible job of lifting my spirits. I replied to someone on another site that I actually made myself cry in this chapter and that's a first. Here's the quote that did it:

"But Father," I said, "you have no guilt in this matter."
He placed his hand tenderly upon my cheek. "Tell that to my heart, my child."

I think if we live long enough, all of us have done something that we find hard to forgive ourselves for. That's what I felt when I wrote this, plus the fact that I lost my own dear father three and a half years ago. He was a combination of Father Darcy and Mr. Bennet - a very spiritual man with a sly sense of humor.

Thanks again, everyone!

-Jan

Jan, I feel a tad embarrased over my gushing, but to be honest, I couldn't stop myself, and I meant every word.

And your words at the end of your post made me as tearful as your story; I'm not surprised it moved you too in such circumstances.

I just can't thank you enough for giving your time and effort to keeping us all so beautifully entertained.

Jan, Thank you for all the kind words meant for each person who posted a comment! I shows how much you care for your story, as well as readers!

Jan, please don't get me wrong. Sometimes I like the details. However, this story was killing me and I just couldn't wait for them to get on with their lives. I really am a big of your writing whether you include a lot of details or not. Thanks again!!!! Cindy

Thank you again, Sandra, Roberta, and Cindy!

And Cindy, no way did I get your message wrong. I understand what you're saying, and I really appreciate it. I was just remembering that when I first began writing, I couldn't figure out how to get the characters out the door without describing every step - LOL! Now I can soar tall buildings in a single phrase.

-Jan

Happy happy days! The lovers deserved this long overdue truth and happiness :D You write too well Jan, and i am begining to fear as the end is near, what will become of me??!! You have to write another story

With your renown writing of the many touching moments, may i hope there's a telling of Lizzy and Mr Bennet's reunion speaking of love and forgiveness? Anyway, I look forward to whatever the last couple chapters bring.

...may i hope there's a telling of Lizzy and Mr Bennet's reunion speaking of love and forgiveness?

That would be nice, Gio, wouldn't it? Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate them.

-Jan

Chapter 17 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Another wonderful chapter. I hope that Elizabeth can find it in her heart to be kind to Mr Bennet.
Loved it all
Many Thanks
Jo

I have so enjoyed this wonderful story...Is there only one chapter left? I hope that Lizzy can reconcile with Mr. B and that she & Darcy will finally have the happiness that they so richly deserve. I hope Lizzy can get to know her Aunt Eleanor and maybe get to know her mother through her.

Thank you again Jan, you are very talented.

Frances

oH, how I loved this chapter! Things cannot go wrong now, can they? I am so happy for them. Wish we could peek over the WN. SmileyCentral.com

You have tied up almost everything very well in this chapter, Jan! And the implied message that Lady C could be secretly admiring George Darcy was quite a laugh hahha! Look forward to your next update!

Wow, this chapter was just full of information. I was surprised with Lady C's almost confession of her feelings for George Darcy. I'm glad everything is out in the open. Or at least I think everything is out. Plzzz post soon. Can't wait for the marriage and I do hope Lizzy talks with her father. It was very insightful of Darcy to notice that she was willing to forgive his father but not her own. Thanks!! Cindy

This chapter made me very, very happy! Thanks so much, Jan.

Lovely as always, Jan. I sincerely hope that Elizabeth reconciles with Mr. Bennet so he can walk her down the aisle at her wedding. I'd be in tears...

Love how everything is being neatly tied up!!

Jan, I was just reviewing previous posts -- and in response to your inquiring "yes, it is me, Christina that also posts at DWG" who refers to you as a "rockstar" and also, more importantly to me dubbed Sunday evenings as "Jan H Night" in my household. I have enjoyed this story like the throngs of your other loyalist. There are so many amazing stories and authors out here in fan fiction world -- and I personally have taken to keeping notes on the WIP I am following... but never have I had to with this story or any of your work for that matter. Always, the story is unique so I do not confuse it with some other story. Always, well written and never am I disappointed by the characters. Regardless of how far off the story may stray from canon, your Darcy and Elizabeth are always honor JA's originals (at least to me.) When I teasingly posted "Jan H is a rockstar" -- I of course meant it affectionately in response to the ever increasing number of comments/postings to your stories. It was amazing to me to notice every week how the story attracted even the most silent "lurkers" out to comment and give an opinion. It was an amazing phenomenon to experience this WIP with so many others -- and to feel a unity with everyone in this JAFF community... as we all waited in joyful hope for the next chapter. Truly, it has been a pleasure to read. And I humbly request, as selfishly as this is, you are not planning to rest after this story-- and get writing on another.

What wonderful comments, Jo, Frances, Eli, Gio, Cindy, Lucy, Tina, and Christina! All of you are so good to me.

Christina, I'm glad to know you're the same Christina from DWG. I still laugh at the "rock star" comment.

One more week, and this tale is through. Good thing because my house is going to collapse from neglect!

-Jan

Well, I am sorry to hear that you have had to let your housekeeping go so that you could finish this work for all of out here... well, not that sorry. Personally, I find I come up with my best ideas when I am doing the mundane like housework or driving. So whatever it takes to get you're clever mind thinking up another story, I say "Go to it!"

Yes, you can imagine how much I've missed doing housework!

I, too, can work out plots while driving long distance, but not in our crazy local traffic. It takes total concentration to stay alive. I've found soaking in a hot tub as the very best inspiration for stories. Must be the major relaxation setting that does it.

-Jan

Jan~ I've just started/finished reading the chapters that you have posted...I really enjoyed it. I love that your telling it, as if Lizzy herself would tell it...(i hope that makes since)...You should have seen me; i'm at work reading your story and me being the romantic that I am; have tears in my eyes because of the sad story that Peter Darcy tells and that Darcy and Lizzy finally realize that they can be together. I'm such a sap for love stories. I can't wait for the next posting. :)

Thank you, Catrina! I'm glad you like the story and that you are pleased that Lizzy is telling it. Yes, I understand about reading at work and having to hide tears. I can always plead that my allergies are acting up.

-Jan

This was a most satisfying read, Jan. You really are a master of plot in this story, and the way your threads have come together is just very clever and, as always, beautifully written.

I particularly liked the progression, both of their journey, of time and spread across Darcy's final visits to people, whereby we are given pieces of the puzzle gradually – first with George Darcy’s letter, then we hear the missing diary pages are found, then how you combine Darcy summarizing things he has learned with reading excerpts from that diary, and finally we get his account of his meetings.

It's not an easy thing to do, to get so many things across, but you have used a combination of ways of telling the story that I find really wonderfully satisfying as a reader, but also that feel very real simply because of the creative and realistic way you did it.

As always, there were several LOL moments, some of my favourites as usual engendered by Mrs B:

QUOTE: I do not know who was happier to see us - the Gardiner children or Mamá.

That also created a wonderful visual image for me!

QUOTE: If one dismissed the merits of memory, one might have believed that she had favoured Mr. Darcy above all other men from the first night he appeared at the assembly ball in Meryton.

Very witty, very funny and very Jane Austen in style; I love it!

Like many of your faithful followers, I am sad about Lizzy's attitude towards her father; however, I also understand it, and I think you have an excellent way of expressing how this is for Lizzy.

QUOTE: Our shared amusement at the foibles of others, our proclivity for the same books, and our like sense of humour had set us apart from Mamá and my sisters.

Despite not being blood-related, there was clearly a real bond between the two of them. Whilst it's easy to see why she had little in common with the major part of her family, this similarity in the turn of their minds is what must make the break of trust so very hard to bear between her and Mr B. And we must not forget here that Lizzy is also very young, she is only 20 and has really had her whole world as she knows it turned upon its head.

QUOTE: Even the bond between Jane and me had never been the same as the one I had enjoyed with Papá.

And this for me sums that all up. We all know how close Lizzy is to Jane, but her relationship with her father (although obviously different) supercedes it in her eyes, so it is perfectly reasonable (even though unreasonable LOL) for her to acting so.

Despite that, of course, I did like her twinge of remorse when Darcy points out that she can forgive his father more easily... I do trust you, Jan, to make it all better in the end! ;)

QUOTE: I determined not to think on the matter, for I found it painful.

Oh so true. What a beautifully poignant but honest thought. Great writing.

And I really did like that George Darcy had wanted to take Elizabeth Willoughby and the child in. I didn't feel he was particularly weak not to... I think he the best he could in a very difficult situation.

But never mind that, let's talk Darcy! THIS was just plain sexy:

QUOTE: He spoke to her in a cordial manner, but his eyes never left mine.

Powerful visual image again, all evoked by one short sentence. You really have an amazing talent for that, and I postively swooned at that particular one!

Okay, again I've over-enthused, but I love your story - did you guess? LOL

Not looking forward to the next one now... because it's the last... :(

But of course I shall lap it up when it arrives! Many thanks, Jan!

Sandra

Ah, Sandra, you are such a dear! I can't believe you take such pains to write an indepth review, but I really do love it.

I spent a lot of time on that chapter, and when it was finished, I wondered why I wrote all that. I figured most readers already knew the gist of it, so I feared that it would just be boring, and I'm sure some found it so. However, since I like for all the loose ends to be tied up, I posted it anyway.

By the way, I've been meaning to tell you that I'm reading Chapter 2 of "A Fair Prospect," and I am very impressed. You're a marvelous writer! I don't read fan fiction much at all when I'm writing - just don't have time - but now that Sins is ending, I'm looking forward to catching up on a lot of stories, and yours is at the top of my list.

-Jan

Jan, we may well have had the 'gist' of it, but it is nothing to actually having the delight of reading all the details of the backstory.

As you may be able to tell, I take a lot from reading a well written story like yours. What I mean is, as well as reading for the pleasure of your story itself, I am also very interested in your writing. I believe it is your combination of methods for telling your story that makes it even more readable and even more real, if you understand what I mean.

I shall say quickly here (I have no intention of hijacking your review thread by talking of my own poor attempts, but I don't see any way of contacting you by email or PM) I am honoured you might read one of my stories, but I apologise in advance for my very slow WIP. You may well regret ever beginning it. I'm a little embarrassed that someone of your abilty and quality should read it, as the plot is hardly what one could call such, and I also apologise for the in-depth detail... it was not my original intent at all, but Lizzy and Darcy hijacked the story quite early on and now I seem to have no say at all.

Now, pretend I never put any of that here, whilst I get back to what I wanted to say.

Plot - the creativity of your plot is astounding. Its originality is of course a contributor to how interesting the story is, and the research and/or thought you put in to give authenticity to all aspects of it, be it the religious situation in that day, the locations you were taking your characters to or just the sheer emotional impact on each and every character is truly excellent. I am in awe of this particular storyline and the completely believable and readable way it has been presented to us.

Which brings me to character - writing new storylines around our favourite, or even less favourite, characters is challenge enough, especially if one is presenting them with a situation such as you did; however, you have not only succeeded, as I'm sure you can tell from the strong following your story has had, but you have done something that I admire very, very much, in the creation of totally credible AND totally diverse new characters. Every single one of yours leaps off the page as a living human being (well, less of the human for one particular one!), and I envy you the talent - in a good way - because there is only one reason they are this credible and alive - the quality of your writing.

Okay, I've done it again... I've rambled on and on... I apologise, and if there is a way to contact you rather than my cluttering up Renee's lovely Forum, please email me!

Sandra

Thanks again, Sandra. You are such a dear! I've sent you an e-mail. Don't know why mine doesn't register here. Probably something I did wrong, I'm sure.

-Jan

The last chapter of Sins of the Fathers has just been posted, my dears. Savour every word, it's so worth it.

And give Jan some love!

As I've posted on the What's New page, I sighed with contentment.

Thank you Jan, for all the loveliness you've given us.

BRAVO--THANKS FOR THE MARVELOUS JOURNEY Re: Sins of the Fathers by Jan H

FABULOUS STORY TELLING!!!

"It takes but a step to encounter disaster. A single event can change an ordinary day into a tragedy."

"I suppose," he said, removing his hat. "By the same token, however, a single event can make a horrid day into one more lovely than can be imagined. It is all in how one chooses to look at it."

Thank you Jan for taking me on a wonderful journey.

STEVIEB

A wonderful ending to a superb story. I am sitting here with tears running down my cheeks, it was so moving.
Thank you so very much.
Jo

Another beautiful story, Jan! Everything is perfect and i love how you provide little details that brought the past to the present in your own special way. I'm sad to see it ends but glad that Lizzy has found true happiness with a man who knew her so well. Great storyline and writing, it has been a good long touching ride! Would love to read more of your works in the future! Thank you for the story

Thank you Jan for this wonderful, uplifting story.
It is so beautifully written and the characters and their language are so vivid I feel I know them.
I have enjoyed all your writing, but this one is quite special.
Thanks again,
JulietR

Thank you, Jan, for a wonderful story!

Ahhhhh, what a peaceful ending. I truly loved this story, Jan. Once again, let me tell you what a wonderful writer you are. I always love it when authors give Elizabeth and Darcy boys. I did get a little fearful when Mr. & Mrs. Bennet were taking the boys by themselves. I was afraid something tragic was going to happen. Also, through your writing, I could feel Elizabeth's melancholy. No other husband could have been as patient with her as Darcy. Oh yea, I also loved how you added the obvious clues to E's parents. Of course, if they would have discovered those, we wouldn't have had such a wonderful story. Thanks again!!! Cindy

Jan,

I've said it elsewhere before..but I feel the need to say it again .....I love how you wrapped everybody with love and happinesss in this chapter..D&E is of course in 7th heaven in the most satisfying way.....and Peter Darcy and even Ms Willoughby are now happier..except for of course for Sir Linton & Mr&Mrs Wickham....well......

Jan...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your sacrifices to entertain us lot....

Ima

Jan H after reading this I was in tears. Sigh, such peace and loviless.It's the perfect ending. Thanks a million Jan H for sharing your talent & story with us.
annj

Bravo! The last chapter was so touching...and the epilogue so sweet. I shall now print the entire story so I can read it all in one sitting and savor it...thanks, Jan!

Thank you! This was so sweet and tender, that I almost cryed at you skillful story telling! Such a great story as all the rest of your stories. I can hardly wait til your next brainstorm! All the best!

Hi! I have loved ALL of Jan H's stories and didn't start this as I knew it would be torture waiting for updates so I'm in the enviable position of getting ready to read it start to finish. I'd love to print it to read though and was wondering if it is somewhere in a little more printable format. If not, I'm happy to read it online when I can either way!

Thanks to Jan H. for writing and to Renee for posting! Such pleasure you both bring to so many (and all the writers for that matter....)

if it is somewhere in a little more printable format

I'm afraid not, Maura.

What you could do, is copy the chapters and paste them in Word.

Jan,

Your story was mentioned last night in another forum by one of your betas, and, having read your other stories, I was intrigued enough to take a look. Luckily, I had decided to take Veterans' Day off and could sleep in, since I finished reading it last night at 2:15 am.

Congratulations on an excellent job. Just excellent. I have read many authors with multiple books published who have not done nearly as good a job on all facets of their work, especially the most difficult task, that of getting the reader to willingly suspend disbelief. You did it all, Lady. Good job.

Colin

I have many times said that you are one of my favourite story tellers. I concur with Colin above that the mayority of the online authors do many times much better than published ones. I enjoyed this ride immensely,though I confess at the begining I was a little uncofortable with the concept. But everything turned out very well in the end, except for the horrible treatment my dear Colonel Fitzwilliam has suffered in your hands. Oh, well. But at least he made it unscathed this time, and did not get kill in action or suffered a horrible death.
I sincerely hope you still have more passion in store to render in black and white. I will be more than willing to read anything you write in the future as always.
Big hug

What a beautiful story. from start to finish, excellent! I loved the epilogue, with Elizabeth reflecting on how a day can change someone's life.

In the midst of all the melancholy and passion, I found something that made me grin:

"and the colonel displayed not the slightest regret at having lost my hand, an affront to my ego I bore as best I could. "

Oh Lizzie!

I just wanted to tell you how I enjoyed Sins Of The Father. It was well written,exciting and I hope to see future stories from such an excellant writer.Keeping up with the stories to completion is a sure sign to me of a responsible talented writer,so please continue to bring us more of your story lines that are so intriging. Thanks,DLSchickel

Hi, I finished it yesterday but didn't have time to post. Just also wanted to be on the list stating my love of this story and your writing. I love how you write most of your stories in the first-person with Elizabeth's POV. It is very refreshing! I think this has been asked before, but if you do decide to write another story, have you thought about doing it from Darcy's POV in first-person? I know it may be difficult doing it from a guy's perspective but it would be deliously interesting. Thanks again for your wonderful writing and all of your hard work! KC

Great...just great! I'm sad that this story has ended, but it ended well. Thank you for sharing! When should we expect another story?

Oh, my, where to begin? I have so many people to thank, not the least of whom are all of you who have been so kind with your comments.

But first, I must thank Renee once again for creating this beautiful website and for including my stories here. She is beyond generous, supportive, and encouraging to writers.

Then thank you to my lovely betas who have slogged through all my mistakes and re-writes. To Ellen G, who was willing to clean up my stuff when she is so busy helping other writers and still finding the time to post her own wonderful story. To Linnea, who was my rock as well as my conscience. And to Debbie S, who never failed to write funny, cryptic reactions to my words along with all the corrections. You three are the best!

I also owe Ali a world of thanks for being my Irish rose. I couldn't have written anything about the Emerald Isle without her. Others from Firthness answered my queries about Catholicism in the time of JA, as well as how to get D&E to Ireland and back. Thank you!

Now, as to recent comments:

Stevie, you're a fairly new reader to my stuff, but a wonderful cheerleader! Thank you for all your support.

Jo, Gio, Juliet, and Annabella, your comments touched me probably much more than my story affected you. Thank you!

Cindy, I happen to like giving D&E boys, too - maybe because I have three sons (but then I also love my daughters). And you're right that this story could have ended a lot sooner if only...but then, I wouldn't have had near as much fun writing it. Thank you for your comments on this work and on past stories.

Annj, this ending is rather bittersweet. Since the entire tone of the thing was dark, I just couldn't give it a light, happy-happy ending. JIt didn't seem honest. Thank you for your many comments.

Sandy, I'm glad you appreciated my corny humor. I tried to inject as much as I could in such a sad tale. Thank you for noticing.

Tina and Maura, thank you for even thinking of printing this story to re-read. That is a true compliment.

Roberta, thank you for your comments and for hoping I write again. Right now, I'm afraid I'm brain-dead.

Colin! What a nice surprise to see your name! Thanks so much for taking the time to read my story in one big gulp and for your wonderful comments.

Eli, thank you! You've become such a beloved author that I'm quite flattered at your comments. Sorry about what I did to the dear colonel. This is the first time I've ever written him in a less than pleasant manner, as I really like him very much.

Leia (hope I didn't misspell your name), I'm glad you found a smile in the midst of the sadness. Thank you for your many comments.

DL, I'm so glad you enjoyed Sins. So far, I've always posted a story on a regular basis until it's completed. That's just the way I prefer to do it, personally.

And Catrina and KC, thank you for your sweet comments. Right now, I'm not working on anything new - just absolutely bone dry, nothing in my head. Oops, that didn't sound right, did it? KC, I did start a modern story one time from Darcy's viewpoint, but never got past the first chapter. I'd love to write one from inside his thoughts, but not sure I'm the person to do so.

Well, now that I've taken up way too much room, I'll close, still basking in the warmth of your dear comments. Thanks, everyone!

-Jan

Jan, my apologies for the delay in reviewing. I shall email you my full thoughts (and they are very full indeed) but I just wanted to record here that I have so enjoyed the ride of reading a WIP by you for the first time!

This story was superb. The plot was creatively presented, highly original and very gripping. The balance of the whole story from beginning to end was perfect. I think the Epilogue was just spot on... I really appreciated that it wasn't sugar-coated, that the live-changing aspects of the story and their impact upon Elizabeth became a part of her, changed her to some extent - I found it very realistic, and to see her strive for happiness beyond what her innermost fears were felt very true to the character of JA's original heroine.

As always in these later chapters, I cried several times, but some of them this time were happy tears!

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us, and I long to hear that you have started work on a new project for a new year!

Sandra

1 2