Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Eye of the Beholder by Ellen G

Thank you Ellen for this endearing story! I loved the very last line too - very good! I know I've barely been commenting, but I've been reading each chapter avidly and have enjoyed this story very much, and I especially love the vision of Darcy a la The Hathaway Man with an eye patch. How fitting he'd want to see her in the daytime for their first time together, good job!

I can't wait to see what you have in mind for your next story!

Thanks again!

Julie L.

That was really lovely!

Thank you so much!

A most satisfying ending to a terrific story. I have loved every word of it and will read it again in the future with great pleasure.
Thank you so much for all your work,
JulietR

Thank you, Ellen, for a delightful read. The whole story was excellent, but this final chapter was most definitely the most pleasurable of all, with its combination of humour, happiness and resolution.

I particularly liked that you picked up on some of the things that Darcy’s temporary blindness had brought him – both the increased perception of his sense of touch, and the joy of reading aloud, having had that done for him.

I had wanted Anne to marry the doctor, simply because I wanted another life for her, but what you wrote was way better - the ending you gave them both was much happier and certainly much more fitting.

Anne getting one up on Lady Catherine was just perfection. The lines you had her deliver were hilarious – this being the first of many:

QUOTE: To Darcy's great delight, and her ladyship's astonishment, Anne spoke thus: "Do not be ridiculous, Mother."

Likewise, I loved this about Georgiana – it not only was LOL funny, but it also gave a picture of her character, and that’s just good writing on your part:

QUOTE: so she excused herself after dinner, pleading a headache, which, no doubt, would be arriving any moment now.

The whole description of the consummation of the marriage at the inn was sheer delight! Both sensuously written – you are a superb writer of intimacy, Ellen – and with such humour, it was the most fun thing to read.

QUOTE: Pemberley could wait; he could not.

LOL. Love it.

It was poignant that you had Lizzy look beneath the patch, especially her kiss and I really liked the tying up of the loose ends. A superbly tied up ending to a neat and stylish plot,and the closing line was perfection itself - to end on a line that reflects your story title was just plain brilliant!

This has been such a beautifully written, entertaining story, Ellen. I loved it very much, for its originality, its humour and overall its heart.

Thank you so much, and I can’t wait for another one from you as soon as you can manage! No pressure! ;)

Sandra

Good old impatient Darcy ! I love every bit and especially when Lizzy kissed his scars. It was very thoughtful and nice of you to give both Anne and Hampton their own happy ending as well

One of my favourite stories this is, but all good things must come to an end....I hope to see more new works from you soon, Ellen! Or a vignette or two (or three hehehe...) .

That was simply wonderful. I really enjoyed this story and it ranks as one of my top favorites. Thank you for writing such a lovely story.

Ellen,

This has been a favorite of mine and I am so glad you shared it with us. What a lovely Lizzy and wonderfully frustrated Darcy.

Thank you, thank you, thank you and what's next?

Best,

MAB

Oh Ellen!

I'm so sad to see the end of this story but wanted to let you know that I've loved it every step of the way. Thank you for sharing it with us. I look forward to your next offering.

It's over! That makes me want to cry. However, I must say that this was such a wonderful story! You did not (and most likely never will) disappoint, Ellen. Thank you so much! Hopefully soon you'll have another muse to share with us greedy readers.

*Sigh* I'm sad that we've come to the end, but it was beautiful along the way!
Thanks for your wonderful story!
~leanne

LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!! That last sentence just capped it off...

Yay!!!! ...a boisterous clutch of children.. What a nice ending to a bumpy road. Even Anne got her happily ever after, not to mention Mr. Hampton. Thank you, Ellen!!

BRAVO! BRAVO!

The best ending ever! Loved Anne's new-found backbone and even Hampton's happily ever after. Wonderful! You tied the loose ends up extremely well and gave us a little peak into their future domestic bliss! Thank you for such a romantic & passionate love story!

Frances

Great story, Ellen. I enjoyed it very much, and want to thank you for not only including the wedding night in the final chapter, but also giving Anne a happy ending.

Hi Ellen
I have loved this story from the very first word to the last. I am so pleased that you were kind enough to share it with us. I do hope that you will share another wonderful story with us some time in the future. You have such an amazing talent for writing and you know what they say "If you don't use it, you will lose it".
Many Many Thanks
Jo

Ellen, the last chapter was so lovely. I am so glad you made Elizabeth see what was under the eye patch. Her husband needs to know she accepts and loves all of him. I am also glad Mr. Hampton & Anne were happy at the end. They both deserved that. Thanks for finishing this wonderful story.

Thank you for this wonderful, original story! I so look forward to re-reading it in its entirety. This has been such a delight and gift to look forward to! Many thanks for your dedication and for sharing your gift!

Well Ellen, you know this has been one of my favorite stories. I have mixed emotions about it coming to an end but I did enjoy this chapter very much. I loved the part where Elizabeth covered her eyes and Darcy took pity on her. Continue writing please and thanks you! Cindy

Hi Ellen,
I have to agree with my fellow fanfiction readers. It was original,sweet and most enjoyable. Thank you for your time and creativity. I loved every chapter and now I am going to be selfish and ask when is your next story. Please continue writing.

Over? Over? Over? I do have to say...you wrote a great ending. Although I do wish for your story not to be over. I agree with the above comment...When is your next story? Please don't stop writing...I await for your next story. :)

Dear Ellen,

I have been terribly busy lately which is the reason I am so terribly late with a comment on the last chapter.

I have no words – fabulous, great, touching, lovely, funny. Thank you so much!

I loved Elizabeth’s and Darcy’s tête-à-tête in – very hot and very, very funny I have thought of nothing else. In truth, he had many times thought of others things :lol:

I loved his talk with Lady Catherine – Be careful, madam. That is my future wife you are speaking of.
I loved when Anne opposed her mother. Well, well, well – clever girl.

Hard to choose my favorite part of this chapter – maybe it was: Pemberley could wait; he could not.
SmileyCentral.com

Or when she has seen all of him. Very touching.
SmileyCentral.com

You gave us Ellen incredible and great story here. Thank you so much!

Thank you, Ellen, for such a delighful ending and wonderful story! An impatient Darcy is just tooo sexy...I look forward to many more of your stories!

Thank you, thank you, one and all.

As for what's next, well, I promised myself a hiatus to catch up on my other responsibilities. After that, maybe a final prequel to "The Lesson," when the time is right.

Big kiss to everyone!

Not too late, I hope, to tell you very much I enjoyed this story - so much cleverness woven throughout and so true to the Darcy and Elizabeth we all love!

Well done and you have indeed earned a hiatus!

Never too late, Maura. I appreciate your kind words.

Thank you, Ellen! This is a wonderful story and I'll enjoy reading it again and again (without the cliffhangers)!

Ellen,

I was finally able to read this last installment and I just want to thank you so much for sharing this lovely story with us! I am never disappointed by you and I look forward to the next adventure you take us on!

Thank you!

Ellen,

A thoroughly delightful and -- as always -- excellently crafted story. Loved it, loved it, loved it. You gave us suspense but did not make us miserable -- you gave us a delightful Elizabeth and a satisfying Darcy -- and a very delicious, dreamy ending. Great pace throughout. Thank you for sharing your gift with us! You are an inspiration.

Gratefully,
Donna

Ellen,

I've been following this story and wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed it. All ended as it should. Congratulations on finishing!

Loved the story! Thank you so much.

I loved the ending! This was such an enjoyable story. Thanks for posting it.

I would like to thank you Ellen for a beautifully written story with just the right elements of angst and happiness without being too sickeningly sweet or completely out of character. In other words you have a rare accomplishment here; a truly enjoyable story with a really satisfying ending.

Me too would like to express my gratitude and admiration for this exquisite story, I've truely enjoyed every part of it, Mr Darcy's wild looks after his accident gave a certain attraction. New story brewing, I hope?!!???

Thank you, thank you, one and all! *smooch* !

New story brewing, I hope?!!???

Only a short one, I'm afraid.

"Only a short one, I'm afraid"

We are definitely not complaining, Ellen

Well, Gio, it will be short but at least it will be...um...satisfying!

Aren't all your stories amazingly satisfying in all respects, m'dear?

Thanks, Renee, sweetie!

"Anything goes, to keep the ladies happy!"
You have an eager audience, you know!!!

Wonderful! So thoughtfully written. Beautiful! Thank you!

No, Rachel P, thank you!

Just read the story in its entirety, and enjoyed it very much. Fantastic.

congratulations!!

I read your fic last week and I love it!!

Wonderful!!

:D

Julie and Juliana,

Thanks so much for your kind words! I hope you enjoy my other stories as well.

Such a good story. So well written, I really like the unique twists and turns while still keeping all of the most famous lines.

Thanks for taking the time to write this story.

Ellen,

I´m from Brazil and it´s a great pleasure to read your histories...

I´ll read the others histories, of course, and I´ll post some comments...

Kisses!!

Thank you both for taking the time to comment. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story.

Juliana, you may be interested to know that two of my stories, "The Worst that Could Happen" and "Report from Longbourn" (a very short story, the first I had the courage to post) are available in Portuguese, thanks to a couple of dedicated fans!

Ellen G,

This was magnificent! Oh, I read it straight through in one sitting and I would say this has now bumped down a fw of my previous favorite fan fictions and is now in my top five "what-ifs". Outside of leaving out Mr. Collins, I thought this stayed true to the original time line and maintained how the characters would have reacted and thought. I loved it very much. If you were ever to publish or put this on a kindle, I would love to have this to take with me. Thank you for such a great read.

Tallfleur, I am rendered speechless by your praise. Thank you so much!

Your story was so totally unexpected, and I am very happy that I by some coincindence found it this Friday, and had time to read it all at once. It held me riveted, and as I have been lurking in the different P&P forums for what seems a very long time I am surprised I have not seen your story before. Thank you

You described the mysterious Darcy in a way I have not seen before, proud and shy as always, but also containing humility and with a knowledge that he needs other people, both for practical and psychological reasons. He has to relie on them and comes out appreciating 'carpe diem'. I enjoyed your slightly altered gallery of persons, and how they slowly revealed their personality and goals. This made the story very different, and confirmed for me again why I love these stories and their original cast. Your understated humour made it even better I wish I had the inspiration to come up with such a story too... I am only left now anticipating enjoying some of your other stories!!

Jorunn, welcome! I started out as a lurker, too, albeit on another (inferior) site. I went from lurking to commenting to writing vignettes to authoring the full-length stories you see here.

I'm so glad you enjoyed this story and I hope to hear your opinion of my other ones.

1 2