Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Joana S' Steady To His Purpose

My dears, Mrs Darcy is thrilled to announce that the lovely Joana S has joined her circle of fanfiction authors.

Chapter one of her very special Regency P&P/S&S cross over - Mrs Darcy's two favourites - has just been posted on her brand new pages.

The story is completed and I will post the chapters with regular intervals.

Enjoy, and don't forget to tell Joana what you think!

Re: Joana S' Steady To His Purpose

Oops, broken link...

Here's the correct one.

A brilliant start, I just can't wait to read more. P & P and S & S are two of my favourites too.
Many Thanks
Jo

I am very happy to read this again. I remember liking it and can't wait to refresh my memory of it!

Ooh, a lovely new story to enjoy (well, new to me, anyway)! A promising beginning. Looking forward to more!

Isn't it lovely, indeed? I've found Joana's thanks to my good friend Sandra, the webmistress of Pen and Ink. Thank you, Sandra, and thank you Joana for joining us.

Wow! Great start to your story, Joana!!! Intriguing having the starch taken out of Darcy's spine so early on. Although apparently not ALL the starch has been removed! LOL Jealous of an unnamed gentleman indeed. My guess is that the other man Elizabeth is thinking of might be Bingley.

I very much look forward to the next chapter! :o)

waaw, this is a promising start indeed. I am very worried about Lizzy's father, but hope for the best. Looking forward to next chapter!
very interesting, a crossover with s&s. I am curious!!

I was excited to see this posting as I remembered enjoying it so much but could not remember specifics. So I looked back on my notes to refresh my memory for the details (yes, what a total FF geek!) and am delighted to report to those who have not read this before, you are in for quite a treat! Just thinking about it, fills me with warm, happy thoughts!!

The opening sounds great already! Look fwd to more!

Chapters 2 and 3 have just been posted, my dears. Enjoy!

A wonderful chapter. A pity perhaps that Mrs Bennet had not met the Doctor before, it may have saved her family a lot of frustration. You really made me laugh out loud, wonderful.
I am so pleased that Elizabeth has started to see the good in Darcy.
I look forward to reading more of the highly entertaining story..
Many Thanks
Jo

Oh that was funny! Now the whole family will be spared from Mrs Bennet's shrieks, shrills and poor nerves
Am glad Mr Bennet is well and has his humour back. Look forward for Lizzy & Darcy to meet again!

A true relief that Mr. Bennett is okay. I like the way Mary and Kitty were acting, I always feel there is more to Kitty than meets the eye.
Happy reading, I like it very much.

Dear Everybody

Thank you all ever so much for the kind welcome, and the lovely things you had to say. I've written this a long time ago, and to have it read again and reviewed so favourably is a great boost to my morale!

Many thanks, and I hope you enjoy it.

Joana

Bless, Dr. H for finding a way to keep Mrs. Bennet a bit more subdued. Her family will be grateful, I am sure! Thanks for the two chapters. I like Elizabeth's kinder attitude towards her mother and Mr. Darcy.

Joanna, I just started this story today, and it is wonderful so far! I never thought a subdued Mrs. Bennet was possible. It's also nice to get Elizabeth's prejudice out of the way early on. I'm glad that the story is finished so you will be able to post regularly. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Chapters 4 and 5 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

I love Darcy's brilliant plan. Even though Mr. Bennet is improving, I am glad Darcy is still looking out for the family. Someone has to protect them from Mr. Collins. Thanks for the wonderful chapters, Joanna.

I love this story and remember it from Austen.com, is this the same story? I don't recall it's being completed there, will it be here?

Ahh..this Darcy is so thoughtful! Definitely scoring brownie points with Lizzy

Re Lynette's question:

Yes, 'Steady to his Purpose' is completed, and will be posted on Mrs Darcy's site in its final form, with some corrections/additions/updates that occured to me after the original posting. I do hope you'll like it!

Many thanks,
Joana

I'm glad that Darcy is looking out for the Bennets so much! I'm a little worried about his arrogant attitude, but I think I might be detecting a slight change towards the very end. Am I being optimistic? Thanks for posting Joana and Renee! I can't wait to read more.

chapter 6 and 7 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

Wow, this is quite an intrigue! For Darcy to have taken such an action just to make sure Lizzy is happy! My heart breaks for Darcy, and I hope he sees that he will never be happy without Lizzy. But what is Lizzy thinking? Is she unhappy that Darcy has kept away all this time? Will something happen at the ball perhaps? Lovely story with a very interesting twist!

Frances

Chapter 8 is up, my dears, with which part one of the story is concluded. Part two coming soon. Enjoy!

Joana, this was so heart-wretching! Is there a possibility for a happy-ending? I'm beginning to loose hope! Did you say this was a low-med or high angst story, and since I am an angst wimp, please tell me if this is a D&E story or do you plan to pair either one of them with someone else?

I hope Part II brings a little happiness.

Frances

Thank goodness they have a place to go now. Darcy's good deed was well-timed.

Frances,

Just a quick note to reassure you (and anyone else who may be wondering) that Part II will - eventually - bring happiness. As to the pairing, regardless of whatever evil plots I might look like I'm hatching, I have to confess that I'm all for happy endings, when D&E eventually get together and all is right with the world.

Hope it helps, and thanks for your message!

Joana

thanks for the re-assurance! I've re-read the entire story again and I'm so heart-broken for Darcy. Will Lizzy realize her feelings for him soon?

Thanks
Frances

I am so happy to see you posting here. I have read part of this story but missed the last five or six chapter. Now I will have the chance to read the conclusion.

Wonderful, Wonderful.

Mo

I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this story. This one was set up so beautifully that I can't wait for the rest. I love the Collins'-wholesome-conversation talk in Bingley's and Darcy's mouths - sweet, generous Bingley would be able to find something nice with Collins.

Darcy's quiet resignation of his fate to be without Elizabeth, but to give her as much happiness as he can without her ever knowing, is both heartbreaking and beautiful.

Chapter 9 and 10 have just been posted, my dears. Enjoy!

It is only natural for the girls to become friends even if Mrs. Bennet resents having other unmarried females around. Those were nice chapters showing them all settling into a comfortable life. Now we just need Elizabeth to be really happy. Thanks for the post, Joanna.

I wondered how The good Colonel's affections would be transferred to the correct party! And Elizabeth and Elinor would definitely have made a good friendship.
Love the story - hurry on the next chapters.

Chapters 11 and 12 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

Joana, please don't stop here for long. I need him to find out the truth about Brandon ASAP. Thanks for posting so regularly. I know I won't have to wait long.

As to the pairing, regardless of whatever evil plots I might look like I'm hatching, I have to confess that I'm all for happy endings, when D&E eventually get together and all is right with the world.

Joana, thanks -- you sound like a woman after my own heart!

This story is wonderful...sensitive and beautifully written. Thanks for posting!

A Hunsford scene without Lizzy, and Darcy realised his folly! That was marvellous! Hope to see them brought back together soon!

Chapter 13 and 14 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

LUCY WICKHAM! That's as satisfying as the Lammles. Lucy and Wickham so deserve each other, with the added benefit of sparing Elinor pain.

I agree! Lucy Wickham is just perfect. She is no better than her husband. I can't wait until Darcy finds out the col is engaged to Marianne. Thanks for the lovely new chapters, Joanna!

I think Darcy has suffered enough. Pls let him and Lizzy meet soon

I agree - Lets have them meet up soon!

But what else may happen? Will our two heroes Darcy & Brandon combine to perform noble deeds?
I love it all - what an romantic old sop I must appear!

what an romantic old sop I must appear!

Just enjoy that very fact! Wish more men would be like you.

Chapter 15 and 16 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

And enjoy them I did.
2 Perfect chapters, I do love this story so much. Darcy will kick himself when he realises that he has missed Elizabeth.
I look forward to your next posting very much.
Many Thanks
Jo

Lovely lovely chapters ! Poor Darcy has to suffer in the presence of Colonel Brandon indeed! I hope he is ALREADY on his way to Pemberley while Lizzy and the Gardiners were having tea with Georgina! Otherwise it'll be a torture for me to wait for their reunion if he's still in London waiting for Lizzy's return!

Hey there!
I just starting reading your story! You have both of my favorites in one story; it's great! Poor Mr. Darcy...always thinking the wrong thing! I agree with the other reviewers in that I hope that he is on his way to Pemberley or he will very sad that he missed her. I want her to like him already! :) Good chapters!

Have I told you lately how much I'm enjoying this wonderful story? No? Well, shame on me!

Chapters 17 and 18 are up, my dears. Enjoy! And happy Easter!

1 2 3