Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vote for your favourite Austen man

That tiny detail did not detain me from falling in love with Tom Welling
Superboy

But still, Colin Firth has this je ne ce qua
Photobucket

That tiny detail did not detain me from falling in love with Tom Welling

You're too funny, Eli.

He's gorgeous indeed!

**Sigh**

I am an FCB forever!!
(Flirt, Fondle & Feel Colin's Buttocks)

Truly, Colin IS Fitzwilliam Darcy.

Frances

You just wait and see what awaits for you in his new movie with Helen Hunt "Then She Found Me". You will cream your snickers! Coming up soon.

Sorry Girls, have to put my two cents in for MM. I loved his character soooooo much that I cant watch the BBC version. MM is perfect in every sense of the word. And all of your stories (Eli, Ellen, Renee etc.) do fit his Darcy as well...

So anyway, didnt vote since Mr. Darcy is CF. And of course, since I am a crazy American, I havent seen the other movies.

Kayak How can you say such a thing if you have not seen the BBC version? I agree that MM is gourgeous. But if you took the trouble to watch the BBC version you will see what we mean! After all , it is CF who is worldwide better remembered as Mr Darcy than by his own real name!

CF who is worldwide better remembered as Mr Darcy than by his own real name!

Indeed. A curse and a blessing for him.

My friends know that I love both Darcys. I fell in love with CF's first obviously, because the BBC production dragged me to this fandom in the first place. But I thought MM's interpretation fresh and new, and he's a marvellous actor.

Must weigh in and also encourage Kayak chick to check out Colin's Darcy. CF was my "first Darcy" so I had to brace myself to go see the big screen with Matthew McF as Darcy - I was prepared not to like him, but thought he was quite good. So, it is possible to like two Darcys...

Has anyone ever seen David Rintoul as Darcy? He may have been wonderful as Dr. Finlay, but he was AWFUL as Darcy (1980 production).

Once CF said..."If I were to step on the moon, next day the newspapers would read: 'Mr Darcy stepped on the moon'" Not long ago I saw an interview they made to him regarding his role in Mamma Mia...What was one of the questions?...How is this character you are playing different from any other you have ever played, mmm...say mmm... Mr Darcy?" Pathetic! You should see CF's face twich at it.
Now, suppose you were to ask someone to make an interview to MM.in ten yaers time. Do you think a similar question would come to the interviewer 's mind? I do not think so...
Again. I am not putting in question neither MM's looks or his acting skills. Rather the plausibility of his interpretation of the haughty man Jane Austen described in her book.

Hi!
I've finally had the chance to see the new S&S.. and now the choice of who is my 'favorite Austen man' is even more difficult!

So, here's *my* Austen men (in order): Darcy, Wentworth, Brandon, Knightley and Tilney. Not only are these men genuinely good men, they're also handsome and rich (well, except for Tilney)!

By the way, I really like the new Col. Brandon. I thought AR did a very good job, but (IMO) David Morrissey's version is amazing.

Cheers,
Julia B

Has anyone ever seen David Rintoul as Darcy? He may have been wonderful as Dr. Finlay, but he was AWFUL as Darcy (1980 production).

No, Maura, I've not, just fragments and they were enough for me to not wishing to see it all. Still there are many fans I know who think this is an excellent adaptation.

Hello Julia!

The guys who perform Austen men seem to get better and better with every adaptation. So glad you liked S&S. I loved it. Loved it better than the new Persuasion but I've enjoyed that one very much too.