Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Ellen G's Silver Dust

Poor Lizzy! At least Darcy was glowering at her mother instead of her. Wonderful chapter, Ellen. I can't wait for more! Thanks Renee for posting it.

Great chapter Ellen looking forward to chapter 4.

I am glad that Will didn't think poorly of Elizabeth for Mrs. B's display. Too bad Caroline's put down of E's appearance back-fired. I am sure none of the gentlemen present knew or cared that her gown was out-dated. I love this charming story, Ellen.

Thanks to all who wrote! Chapter 4 is where the fun really begins!

"Thanks to all who wrote! Chapter 4 is where the fun really begins! "

Sounds good! *does the happy dance*

Chapter 4 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Caroline definately miss called Lizzy clothing option.

The last paragraph did Caroline have the model come back because she knew Darcy loved the picture and would throw him off Lizzy?

What naughty thought Darcy was having regarding Lizzy. Oh I can't wait for chapter 5
Geri

Thank you Ellen for another great chapter. This story keeps getting more entertaining as the chapters keep coming.
I have to say, I had to read the last paragraph thru 3 times to make my head believe what my eyes were reading on the page!! Is that suppose to be Lizzy in the picture?!? OMG! That is so good! And Darcy's reaction to Lizzy in the red dress. Whoa!!
Your posts have come at such a regular pace I hate to be demanding for more. But what can I say, I want more.

I also would like to say Thank You to Renee for such a fabulous website. Being new to JAFF this past year, it has been wonderful to be able to come here and read such wonderful stories. I was reading thru the thread for Silver Dust, and noticed your comments about how many people read stories but only a few leave comments. Well, I decided to take the plunge and post my first time.
Thank you again, Ellen, for such a delightful read. Is it too soon to be requesting another chapter?
CE

I also would like to say Thank You to Renee for such a fabulous website.

Thank you, dear Crystal, for the compliment and for your lovely comment on Ellen's story. I hope to read many more.

Ellen, you are so right! This story has been amusing from the beginning but now....I can't wait to find out how Horace came to paint Elizabeth in the buff! I am guessing he only painted how he imagined her to look.

Surely Darcy has seen the painting in the saloon. Will he try to steal it for his own personal use? I am sure you will surprise us. Loved Darcy's reaction to Lizzy?Betsy in Lil's costume---longing but not predatory. Caroline can just turn green with jealousy!

The fun has really began ! I wondered about the last paragraph too...and what this Horace character will be doing in this story, can't wait!!

Darcy and button fly Levi's. (heavy sigh....)
Lizzy is so easy-going about the fiasco of a costume. And I liked it that this Jane didn't have to stay because of a silly cold she got from riding in the rain, but I do hope it's nothing too serious. I still wonder why Mr Bennet would drag a passel of women out west -- without any sons.

Ok...so, How could Caroline know? I had to go and re-read the story to make sure I didn't miss anything specifically about the painting. But didn’t find anything. But they’re must be some kind of resemblance and that’s how Caroline picked up on it. I like Mr. Darcy’s reaction. “Darcy's jaw set into a grim line. For one terrifying moment, he imagined himself in the billiards room, watching Elizabeth prepare to take a shot: bending low over the table, her lovely breasts threatening to spill out of her dress, her full skirts rising up in back to reveal her garters, hinting at the womanly treasure just beyond...and he feared that he would surely embarrass himself by becoming as rigid as his cue stick.”

You are such a great writer!

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Are we to assume that it is Elizabeth in that painting or someone who looks remarkably like her? Is Mr. Crabtree our Western Wickham?

Loved Darcy's daydream. For a minute I thought he was really reaching to unbutton his pants!

Can't wait for more!

I really seem to have stirred things up a little in this chapter!

More about the painting and how Caroline knew in the next chapter. But for now, you might recall that the subject of the painting "peeked coyly over her left shoulder," and that at the end of this chapter, Elizabeth in her shoulder-baring ensemble "glanced over her shoulder at Caroline."

While it's not essential, it also help to know that the name Betsy is a variation of Elizabeth.

And Horace is not Wickham.

ooh, who is horace crabtree? and what will happen next? Oh, do let us know soon, Ellen!

Wow! That chapter, was amazing, Ellen! I'm so proud of Lizzy for accepting the the dress situation with such equanimity, and I also loved Darcy's daydream. Now, what about that picture? I can't wait to find out! Thanks for the chapter, and thanks, Renee, for posting it!

"But for now, you might recall that the subject of the painting "peeked coyly over her left shoulder," and that at the end of this chapter, Elizabeth in her shoulder-baring ensemble "glanced over her shoulder at Caroline.""

I can't believe it is Elizabeth. It is more likely that he painted her head and shoulders and just imagined what her body form was.

"While it's not essential, it also help to know that the name Betsy is a variation of Elizabeth." I knew this was a variation but I thought it just had to be someone else that Caroline brought in to throw Darcy off Lizzy. I don't know I will have to wait and see what Ellen gives us. But I'd love to get the next chapter soon.

I love this story
Geri

I didn't want to forget to thank CrystalE for de-lurking, and for the lovely compliments! I hope to have another chapter posted within a week.

Here it is, my dears, chapter 5. Enjoy!

A very shrew Caroline! I'll wager that the painting is on its way to Darcy's ranch

Great story! I can't wait to see what is going to happen next and where that painting is going to wind up!

Ellen,

Better and better! I expect Darcy has secured the painting. He would know better then to leave it where Caroline could put her hands on it! And, isn't he an ardent admirer of the subject?

Great story. Next chapter, please.

Roselle

You bet me to asking all my questions because both Darcy and Lizzy asked themselves the questions I had in mind.

My money is on Darcy having bought it and it will soon be hanging in his bedroom.

Lovely chapter I'm waiting for more
Geri

Oh, yeah....Darcy bought it! Excellent chapter. I hope Caroline doesn't make Lizzy's life too miserable!!

I am so excited that I found this story. I adore Westerns and am very glad authors are beginning to explore this genre in P&P fanfic. Looking forward to your next post. Hope Crabtree gets his just desserts (Caroline too).

Great story, Ellen! I'm catching up with my commenting of late and had to get in here and give you some love. Poor Lizzy! How embarrassing to know Horace had such thoughts to put on canvas and that everyone at the Bingley residence has "seen" her in the altogether! Where, oh where is Betsy going to show up next?

More soon, please!

Oh dear! What a witch Caroline is. For shame. At least Darcy was able to talk her into taking it down, since Charles always wants to avoid an argument. I wonder where the painting could be going now...Possibly to Darcy's ranch! This is getting really exciting. Thanks for the chapter!

It has to be going to Pemberley. Imagine Lizzy's surprise when she comes upon that whenever she ends up there. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Horace reminds me of Mr. Collins. Dare I hope we get to meet the artist soon?

Yeah!! Another chapter!

I certainly hope the painting is on its way to Pemberley; but, I have an eerie feeling that Caroline wouldn't let it go that easy. I hope I'm wrong.
Caro still isn't in contact with Crabtree is she? Will he be resurfacing later in the story to create more problems for Lizzy?
Thank you for a another great chapter, Ellen!!

CE

I am hoping the painting is headed to Pemberly but wonder if so, how did Darcy acquire it from Bingley without expressing his interest in the subject of said painting! He certainly would not have been able to get it from Carolyn. I am glad you stated in this thread that Horace is not Wickham, because I was wondering. Is he based on Collins or just an original character? Will we be meeting him soon? I hope you post frequently, lovely story!

Caroline is even more of a (rhymes with witch)!!

I have to agree with everyone, I hope that the painting is on its way to Pemberley, and I'm sure that cowboy Darcy is shrewed enough to get the painting from Bingley without too much trouble!!

I am looking forward to reading more of this great story!

Thanks for all the love, ladies!

Now that we have established that Horace is not Wickham, I can also tell you that he is not Collins. Just someone else I've thrown in to make life more interesting!

More to come...

Ellen, this may be your best story yet!!! Cant wait for more...

This is a lovely storyline Ellen, thank you:) I've recently tried to avoid reading too much WIP's, I'm too impatient a reader to wait weeks or months to see how a story ends, but the idea of Lizzy and Darcy in the Wild West was simply too good to resist:)

I'm inclined to agree with everyone in saying that the painting is on it's way to Darcy's ranch. But I'm wondering if our dear story writer will throw some kind of something in there to throw us all off. But me, being the hopeless romantic that I am, would like to see the painting in it's rightfull place.
I liked this chapter! Go Bingley for standing up to Caroline!

what a lovely addition... wow, I was not expecting that, and its amazing how Darcy can think that Elizabeth will be flattered... though very like him. I wonder if Elizabeth will ever form a favorable impression of him?

Chapter 6 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

What a great chapter meeting Mr Collins and Wickham both! I feel a storm brewin'!

Oh Ellen!

Such a wonderful chapter and I swear I was holding my breath the whole time you described Elizabeth meeting Mr. Wickham. Well done. Can't wait to read more.

Wickham & Collins! poor Elizabeth. She's not going to catch a break soon,is she? Excellent chapter, Ellen. I love the pompous ass Collins.

Mmmmmm. I'm dreaming of Cowboy Darcy. I just loved the image of him leaning in the doorway checking out the fit of Lizzy's jeans. I want some sexual tension between those two soon.

Thanks for the story, Ellen. I'm enjoying it!

Mmmmm I'm enjoying Cowboy Darcy too Amy

Can't wait for more of this lovely story!

Oh, of course Mr. Wickham and Mr. Collins had to make an appearance. And in the same chapter, too! Thanks for the chapter, Ellen (and Renee for posting it). I'm thoroughly enjoying this story, and Darcy! Those were quite the musings he had about Elizabeth.

I think all of us are in anticipation of Darcy and Elizabeth undoing buttons on each other's levis'
Collins is quite a laugh, i can hardly imagine him proposing to Lizzy, unless he thinks by marrying her, he is saving her soul!

Yes, lets get those two out of the way in only one chapter. Thank Gads!

Awwww Mr Collins, will he hear about the painting? Figures when it is time to load the wagon he would take a walk. What a piece.

And the darling Mr Wickham has arrived. Will he be joining the calvery?

Can't wait for chapter 7 will Darcy see her talking with GW?
Geri

Ya! Thanks for the chapter. ugh...now introducing...George Wickham....again i say...ugh! Don't make us wait tooo long! :)

See, wasn't it better that Crabtree was neither Collins nor Wickham? And that we got their introductions out of the way all at once?

I want some sexual tension between those two soon.
Don't we all, Amy! Lord knows Darcy's feeling it, but it might take a little longer for Elizabeth. After all, who can resist our "bad boy" Wickham?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10