Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Ellen G's Silver Dust

I'm in hiding so my fans won't find out that I'm not ready to post yet.

Fear not! I haven't abandoned you, or the story. I just haven't had the time I'd like to finish up Chap 10. Glad someone's keeping tabs on me, though.

Has he buried him? Has he bought the remainder of his Portraits? Has he decided he perferrs Crabtrees company to that of the fair sex?
And Geri, I loved your "ideas"!

We're just so spoiled by you, dearest Ellen.

I just found this gem and I can't get enough. Please post again soon!

-Ruth

Welcome, Ruth, and thank you.

I've been trying for a couple of weeks to find the time to finish my chapter, and something has always popped up to stop me. I will redouble my efforts to try to get more done this week.

Hang in there, y'all!

I too have just read Silver Dust for the first time and must say, I am in love. What a clever and original take on P&P, and beautifully written and paced. Fabulous!

Awwww, thank ye kindly, ma'am .

Glad to have you, Michelle.

For dear Ruth, Michelle and all Ellen's other fans, including yours truly, naturally... chapter 10 of Silver Dust has just been posted. Enjoy!

Lovely chapter Ellen,

Poor Will--couldn't get a moment alone with Elizabeth and then once he had his chance, Caroline comes along and mucks it up for him.

Things are about to get rocky with the Bingleys and Darcy leaving town. Let's see how much havoc Wickham wreaks once Will leaves town and what Lizzy's reaction to it all will be. I hope you can post again soon.

I love this story

Chuckleheads, indeed! Poor Will but he could have tried harder. Can't wait to see where next this story goes! (I have been re-watching the Larry McMurtry movies, Lonesome Dove, etc. and it has made me all in anticipation to read more of D&E et al, in that setting... some of the terminalogy just cracks me up, ie. sporting women, pokes, etc.

Elizabeth's mother & everyone else it seems has ganged up on her and succeeded in ruining her evening. Ellen, I am so please you posted a new chapter and hope you will take all the time you need. Your story is wee worth waiting for. I am hoping Wickham doesn't cause too much trouble. Keep up the good work!

Ellen
I was so glad to read that Darcy returned to the party I was really worried about the buding romance between D & Horace!

Poor Lizzy who has to indure Collin's attentions now.

Poor Darcy to have to travel in a carriage with Caroline for several days I imagine.

Now for Wicky pooh, what damage will he create?

I love your story, nothing like the wild west
Geri

Completely and utterly turned off? Methinks Darcy is made of sterner stuff than that Renee :P Trust Caroline to put her nose in where it clearly isn't required! Can't wait to see where this lil trip to San Fran takes us!

I hope Lizzy has some hot and passionate dreams with a certain gentleman clad in denim ! This Caroline is pretty ****** huh, and Collins, my my, such a thick fellow! Brilliant chapter again, Ellen!

Darcy is made of sterner stuff than that Renee

Wish the story was mine, Kate! It's Ellen G's though.

ugh! I can't wait to see what happens San Fran.! Please post soon! :)

Lol I know...I was just talking about your lil blurb on the "what's new" page :P

Here you go, ladies and gents, chapter 11 has just been posted. Enjoy!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hey Ellen, great turn of events in this story. For some reason, I do not ever remember reading a story where Elizabeth went to London (oops, I mean SanFran) to "call" on Mr. Bingley. Can't wait for next chapter!

I am a sometimes poster but a most times lurker but I have de-lurked to say that I absolutely love this story. So thrilled to see another chapter.

Can't wait for Elizabeth to get to San Fransisco - watch out Bingley and Darcy!
You two are going to get it in the neck big time!!
Great to see Mary and Collins getting married - so right for each other!! Why did it not happen in the original? - they are so right for each other!

Great take on the original Ellen G.

Keep the chapters coming!

I thought I'd die when reading Collins' encounter with King!

And, boy, isn't Wickham sly! I wonder what Lizzy will do with him whne she finds out... After all she knows how to deal with horses in a certain way. I bet it'll at least cross her mind...

Whatever will happen, this Lizzy is when of my absolute favourite Lizzy's of them all. She's just so adorable.

Thanks for de-lurking, Deirdra! I, too, have always wondered why Mary & Collins weren't sent off together. I think, though, it might have been too "easy" a resolution, as JA preferred to make a point about how a woman like Charlotte needed to be practical in her choice of husband regardless of his obvious inadequacies. But since this is MY story....

I thought I'd die when reading Collins' encounter with King!
I hike with my two retrievers, and they and their doggy buddies are frequently set upon by Australian shepherds, which naturally -- and sometimes quite aggressively -- try to herd them. It's just what they do!

KayakChick, I'm as anxious as anyone to get Lizzy to SanFran, which is bound to open up all kinds of interesting possibilities.

Thanks Ellen, You are an amazing rider. Since the beginning of this story I have had a vision of Darcy wearing dusty chaps that I can't seem to shake. Not that I want to mind you.

Strange, Karen, I seem to be focused more on the Levi's!

try to herd them. It's just what they do!

Isn't nature a source for a whole lot of fun on occasion.

Nob hill indeed!!! I can't wait for Lizzy to visit the Bingleys. And this Mary is one sly sister and a go-getter!

I cannot wait for Lizzy's call! Please get rid of Wickham before he causes too much trouble. Thanks for the chapter, Ellen. I am so glad Collins is safely married!

Like everyone else, I can't wait till Lizzy gets to San Fran. But I wonder if Mr. Bennet will regret his decision to hire Denny.
And Mary, you go girl!

But I wonder if Mr. Bennet will regret his decision to hire Denny.

Hmmm, ya think?

Ellen, I can't wait for what happens next, particularly with Lizzy heading to SF. Great story. Roselle

Chapter 12 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

I absolutely loved the scantily clad Elizabeth on all fours in the bedroom! Loved even more Darcy's thoughts on the matter!!

Ellen, this story is coming along so nicely. I love that this "Hunsford" took care of Bingley and Jane without the long wait for Pemberley.

I wish Elizabeth were to be in San Francisco longer so that things could progress further between D and E. I can't wait for Will to propose--even if he does it poorly. I'm going to have a hard time not thinking Elizabeth a fool for not accepting. This Darcy is just ALL MAN!

Oh Ellen, you've turned up the heat in this chapter! Darcy has incredible restraint.

Two weeks to solve his Elizabeth "problem". I can't wait to see how he proceeds.

And Elizabeth achieved her purpose in visiting SF. What will Charles write?

Another great chapter.

Roselle

I will never get enough of a Darcy with a vivid imagination, particularly not if this imagination is put into his head by such a fine author as our Ellen G.

Elizabeth is too funny! I love how bold and direct she is! Can't wait to see if those daydreams get Darcy into more trouble!

*whistles* sexy Lizzy! Let's see what's up next from you Darcy! Am glad that Lizzy had the opportunity to inform Bingley abt Jane's situation. They should be heading off to the right direction unless Caroline has more tricks up in her sleeves!

Ellen, I haven't posted much here but I love this story. I loved that part where Elizabeth made Darcy uncomfortable with her shirt and sweat. Please post soon. Thanks again!!!

Hi Ellen, I cant wait for the next two weeks!!! Does that mean two more posts while they are in SanFran?! Thanks again...

Hi Ellen

Fabulous! Keep these chapters rolling in! Can't wait for more!

Thanks
Kate

Ooh I can't wait to hear how the next two weeks pan out! It's pretty obvious that Darcy doesn't realise how important he's already let Elizabeth become to him...

Ellen, From the amusing cleaning scene with Darcy to the visit to Nob Hill, I was on the edge of my seat. Great job for Elizabeth to clear things up for Charles and Jane... and I'm glad Lizzy has at least a new dress for the city! Very satisfying chapter!

I am enjoying this story so very much, Ellen.

Thanks, one and all. There will certainly be more action in San Francisco. And chocolate. There must be chocolate!

Chocolate & Darcy in the same chapter? Very good!! Caroline is so mean and I love it. Can't wait to see what happens with this letter. Thanks, Ellen. Such a good chapter!

Chapter 13 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Thanks for another great chapter, Ellen. I loved the part about the chocolates and the fact that Darcy realized E couldn't afford them. I also liked the fact that Richard is handsome in your story. More tempting I think.

I have been unable to find chapter 13 when I follow the link. Help!

I just got it up by trying another browser and refreshing the page.

Great chapter Ellen, thank you! I just lurk around most of the time and don't express my thanks for the wonderful stories on this site nearly as often as I should, but I wanted to say I'm completely hooked on your story and am already waiting eagerly for the next installment:)

How can you not love a man who gives you chocolates!
I think the Colonel knows that Darcy is interested in Miss Bennet. Now if we could only get rid of Aunt Catherine, Caroline & Wickham!

Capital! capital! Capital!...

Thank you my dear for this amazing and amusing update...

Ima

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10