Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Ellen G's Silver Dust

Oh, I just loved him watching her in front of the chocolate shop! I felt myself agreeing with Mary when Elizabeth made uncharitable remarks about Darcy. I wanted to dress her down and tell her to open her eyes!

I found myself wanting an in depth description of how Col. Fitz. looked in his uniform. I can only imagine he was looking "sex-say"!!

Thanks, Ellen, for updating so soon.

Oh Darcy is so thoughtful! Chocolate indeed! I hope he will buck up soon, 2 weeks a very short time and flying fast! Is a proposal coming soon? Will Colonel aid him in his pursuit for Lizzy...and Ellen, pls post soon!

Yes, more chocolate, please! I always love the Colonel. Interesting twist with no Anne but Lady Catherine liking Caroline (blek!)

Wow, it seems that all I have to do is mention chocolate and the floodgates open!

Caroline & Mrs. de B are dangerous allies. I like it! They are going to make Will's life difficult, I hope. This was a fun chapter and I thought the candy was a very sweet gesture.

Ellen, you should have realized how chocolate would effect us...considering Eli and her oranges! We need more chocolate!!!

I can't wait to find out some more about this look!

I've just read all of the chapters posted. I admit that I had hesitated for quite a while to begin this as I am not a fan of westerns, but I am loving this story! I can see Lizzy as a practical, hard-working ranch owner's daughter, and of course Darcy is perfect as the rich but subtly down-to-earth owner of a huge, profitable ranch and investments. I can't wait for more! All of the characters are themselves and yet fit their new environments perfectly. Thank you!

Welcome, Rachel P.

I'm so glad you're enjoying the story. I'll tell you a secret: I've never been a big fan of westerns, either. But I couldn't resist the thought of Caroline running a saloon or Lizzy as a tomboy who carries a revolver.

Stay tuned: I hope to have a new chapter up within a few days.

A warm welcome to you, RachelP. I've seen posts of you elsewhere, but I'm not well and cannot be online too often lately. I'm so happy you're enjoying the stories here on Mrs Darcy, and I hope to 'see' you frequently.

Ellen, your message cannot but lift my spirits! Can't wait.

Chapter 14 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Hi to all. I've been lurking in this forum during the last months, enjoying the superb stories hosted by Renée O and not least the funny and kind comments of other readers. I'd never written a response in any forum in my whole life but I just HAVE TO here. Ellen G, I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying your Silver Dust. I was a bit reluctant about the theme at first, but it is being a wonderful read! I can't begin to tell you how I admire the way you make every motive of the original text fit in this exciting take of P&P, smoothly and naturally (even the racy element feels natural... very happy about the racy element, BTW!!!)

Well, just in case you have not noticed my meaning yet, I LOVE THIS STORY.

rori

A very warm welcome to you, Rori! and thank you for delurking. I'm thilled, and I'm sure Ellen will be too.

I hope to 'see' you often.

Thank you for the welcome, Renée!

To be honest, I almost did comment a few times before today (Jan H's Sins of the Fathers especially had me on the edge of my seat at all times), but then I felt irrationally shy about it and ran for cover again.

Today, however, after that brilliant "Hunsford" I just couldn't hold back any longer, my feelings couldn't be repressed!

Again, Ellen G, congratulations on your story (stories). Girl, you have a gift!!!

but then I felt irrationally shy about it and ran for cover again.

I know the feeling! I lurked for almost 6 months back in 2002 when I first discovered the JA fandom. My children had to explain it all to me first and it scared the hell out of me when I saw my name appear when finally having posted a message!

I've gotten over it quite quickly, and now... I have my own FF website

Jan H's stories are fabulous. There's a lot to enjoy here on Mrs Darcy's.

And I agree about this Hunsford twist. Wow, the magnetism between those two! Can't wait till the next chapter.

Re: Ellen G's Silver Dust, Ch. 14

Wow! I sure wasn't expecting that. Such passion! Elizabeth is going to regret leaving him when she learns the truth of Wickham.

O.M.G!!!!O.M.G!!! Elllennn..that was brilliant..simply dazzling...ooo..what a Hunsford..plus all the trimmings... ...I could not wait for more...this is beyond words..I simple loveeeeeee it..

Ima

WOW! WOW! Great chapter...loved their passion. I too was reluctant to read this story, not a big fan of westerns! But my curiousity of how Ellen would adapt the P&P story into a western one got the best of me! I am not disappointed! This is great...hanging on for the next and every chapter. Thanks EllenG

WOW!!!! GREAT STORY!!! I'M SOOO! ENJOYING THIS, PLEASE, CONTINUE ASAP!!!DLSchickel

I am So loving this story Ellen. It is grrreat! Thank you and roll on the next delicious chapter please!
Kate

Ellen you did it. You left us at the worst possible place. :}

Will there be a letter? How long will you punish us before we get another post? ;)

Did I say I love this Story and wow what a chapter.

Geri

Sorry to side track the thread. I just read the other posts and saw that Renee you haven't been well.

And wanted to wish you wellnes and let you know I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I also wanted to tell you how happy I am that you host such a wonderful Forum. Thank you

Geri

And wanted to wish you wellnes and let you know I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, dear Geri. I feel well again. A severe cold which caused a terrible headache. No fun! I'm glad you're having a great time at Mrs Darcy's.

And such lust! and passion was unleashed! That was quite a powerful proposal aftermath, Ellen HOT!!! Can't wait to see how they are going to meet again.

Rori, welcome!! Thanks so much for speaking up. Like many others, I also lurked around a great deal when I first found P&P FF (at another, lesser site). Then I got the courage to post a vignette, then a full-length story, and well, see where it got me! But you will only find the nicest, most supportive people here at Mrs. Darcy's. So we hope to hear much more from you! And I'm so glad you're enjoying the story.

AND a great big kiss to everyone who wrote. Sorry it took so long to post that chapter, but now you see why!

Dearest Ellen, I cannot tell you how much I enjoy your stories. The characters are all so alive and so full of wit. You're an amazing writer, hon. TY for sharing them with us.

Holy toledo, Ellen! That was intense and sexy and...well...

I've been lurking on this story, enjoying it but for some reason not posting feedback. My apologies. But this last post...well, if that won't shake a lurker out of the shrubbery I don't know what would! LOL

How on earth is Elizabeth going to reconcile her passionate physical response to Darcy with her angry feelings about his bungled proposal? That is going to be one uncomfortable train ride home!

I eagerly look forward to where you take them next!!

Another semi-lurker whos has just de-lurked!!
What a chapter!! Fantastic!!
'Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb'....... indeed!!!!!!
Loved it! Well, Elizabeth has just shown her true colours where Darcy is concerned.
And....he didn't take her attitude towards him at the end badly at all, did he??????
Can't wait for the next one.

But this last post...well, if that won't shake a lurker out of the shrubbery I don't know what would!

Indeed!

So, welcome...and THANKS...to all those newly revealed former lurkers!

My apoligies for not giving you feedback but I am enjoying your story so much. This is the kind of Elizabeth I like to read about, she is absolutely wonderful and quite a match to this Darcy. In fact, they are perfectly matched in this story. They truly deserve to be together. She might be poor and in fact is very poor but she threw it all in his face and then she kissed him back. Wonderful!

Goooooooooo Elizabeth! That will give him something to think about. Her too, I think. Great chapter. Thanks a bunch. I'm loving this story.

Ellen,

Wow! This is an incredible chapter! Elizabeth's response to Darcy was a surprise. I like it very much! I can't wait for the next chapter - I hope you will not keep us waiting long - we may spontaneously ignite from the heat in the front parlor!

Ooh la la!

With much appreciation,
Roselle

WOW! WOW! WOW!
Ellen, now that you've given us this new (and exciting!) twist, I NEED MORE!

Whew!!! Stories like this (superb) are the reason I don't read WIP's usually - it's too hard to wait for the rest! Thanks!!!

This is my first post on Mrs. Darcy, although I have been enjoying stories here for about 6 months. I could not believe the Hunsford scene; I was expecting the usual anger and misunderstanding, but the lust was a delightful surprise! As others have mentioned, the western theme was not appealing at first, but you have totally drawn me into this world and I can't wait for more.

I'm so enjoying seeing names I don't usually see on my board! Thanks again to everyone for sharing their love.

Ellen-
Yowza!!! Girl, hot does not do justice!

My compliments to the chef!!! I love this twist on Hunsford...I always felt that there was a fine line between love & lust...especially at Hunsford! Can't wait to see how this moves forward!! Bravo!

Ellen,

Before I forget..just another BIG THANK YOU for me..because you've completed me.. ..I always thought it such a waste that Dracy didn't kiss Lizzy in that da__ movie...but boy oh boy ...you have made THAT SCENE better... .......much better...that was beyond anybody's imagination except YOURS...

THANK YOU dearie...............

Ima
(been having this goofy look eversince..)

Ellen ~ This is a lovely story! Thank you for sharing it with us. I've lived in small mining towns in western Nevada and you've captured the setting very well.

The result was akin to throwing a lighted match onto dry prairie grass.

That's quite a creative twist on the Huntsford scene.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter! Please post again soon.

Cheers,
Julia B

P.S. Renée dearest ~ where's the 'fan' emoticon? Is it me or is it getting HOT in here!

This Darcy actually makes me DIZZY! Def swoon worthy. I think this is the only story I recall that has someone actually pushing Carolyn Bingley at Darcy (besides a Mrs Hurst!) I LOL reading the comparison of riding her gelding to riding Darcy. Gelding vs a Stallion. Ha!

Girls, Ima asked me to post these pictures... Aren't they adorable?

Photobucket

Photobucket

P.S. Renée dearest ~ where's the 'fan' emoticon? Is it me or is it getting HOT in here!

Indeed, sweetheart. Where's a fan when you need one!

R~

This is my first post on Mrs. Darcy, although I have been enjoying stories here for about 6 months.

A warm welcome to you, AMG! I hope to 'see' you often from now on.

Nice pics Renee & Ima...can't wait to see that movie. Thats 'Australia', right? I think its supposed to be in theaters this fall. I love Hugh Jackman.

Yep, Rita, it's from Australia. Love Hugh Hackman too.

..Yup ..its from the film Australia..I think it's gorgeous too.. but the pairing is more like Darcy and Jane but ..Hugh is hot isn't he.. so like Ellen's Darcy... ..

Thanks Renee for posting it...

Ima

WOW!!! That was a sexy chapter Ellen! Those two are likely to spontaneously combust if you make them any hotter! Keep up the great work.

Whooooo-eee! Renee, thanks for the Jackman pix. I could live without Mrs. Urban, but I've always thought that Hugh would make an ideal Darcy, and I agree that in Australia mode he's perfect for Silver Dust. Thanks, Ima, for suggesting him!

Oh, and Ima...

I always thought it such a waste that Dracy didn't kiss Lizzy in that da__ movie.

There was an entire category of FF stories on another site that dealt with the possibility of a kiss in the movie. I thought it was about time someone took it to its logical conclusion.

Ellen,

You are welcome..When I saw that photo which co-incide with your Chapter 14..I just had to share..My sincere hope that your muse will keep on sizzling and breath fire (ha ha ha)...that you'll keep on making us in need of bigger and bigger fans and air-cons etc etc..Just tell us dear of anything that will keep your excellent muse pouring and inspired..

Ima

p/s I just love your solution/alternate view.. ..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10