Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Joana S' Steady To His Purpose

Ohh, I'm so hoping for some new chapters this week!! Great story!!

Hello,

I love your story and just wanted to tell you... And possibly beg you to post the next chapter. I'm on the edge of my computer chair! Pretty please.

Here you go, dear fans! Chapter 19 and 20 are up. Enjoy!

Hi There,
another 2 fabulous chapters. Poor Darcy, still at least he knows that Elizabeth has dicovered all.
I so look forward to your next chapters,
A truly wonderful story.
Many Thanks
Jo

Oh no! Those poor souls are suffering! Please relieve them (and us) with a reconcilation soon

Oh no! Those poor souls are suffering! Please relieve them (and us) with a reconcilation soon

Misunderstandings are reaching new heights!
Why do all JA FF authors enjoy torturing Darcy so much? Is there such pleasure in pain?
Ah but Darcy, the prize is worth all such pain.

Of course (for some reason) I picked NOW to start reading this story?! I hope things can get sorted out in more chapters soon? Really soon?

Thank you!

Dear All,

Thank you for all your lovely messages !

I have only now discovered half of them (It took me until today to realise that there was more than one page - DUH!!!)

My apologies to those who got a bit fed up with the angst and the 'ooops! darn! yet another obstacle!' bit (just happen to think that plain sailing makes blissfull lives but boring reading )

In any case, just thought I'd drop a line to say that they'll meet in the next chapter - for all its worth!

Thank you for your encouragement and patience.

Joana

Joana,
I also think that smooth sailing is good in life but not for reading. If it comes to easy then it's dull. Thank you again for your great story. looking foward to more.

Chapters 21 and 22 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

Joana, thanks for ending that chapter on a rather promising note. I am glad she is starting to believe his motives were good. That's a start!

Thanks for the chapters. I liked the fact that maybe, just maybe it will start to look up for Darcy and Elizabeth. I do like having angst and the "edge on my seat" kinda feeling, but I really like when something great happens! Maybe this is a turning point! Write more soon!

How cute is that. They both couldn't sleep because they were thinking of each other. Then to hear his footsteps slow down by her door. Very romantic I love it. Nice job Joana!!!!!!

well... couldn't they have ran into each other in the library instead - and get locked in all night? i heard the netherfield's library has a faulty lock. LoL

ok... my mind's in the gutter...

Chapter 23 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Joana,
Really!!!! You end it right there. What were you thinking? I know it is a E&D ending but it's getting to that special LOVE part that we all love to read and get lost in.Please post soon. I just Love the story.

Chapter 23 ended at such aperfect spot. Now we can happily anticipate her reaction. More, please!

Oh I love that last line! And you left us at quite a spot! Please say YES, Elizabeth!!

Chapter 24 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

That was lovely and Bingley is too funny!
Can't wait to see what happens with the Gardiners.

How wonderful to get back from vacation and have all these lovely chapters to catch up on!

Joana, I really must compliment you on your fidelity to JA style. Expertly done. Brava!

Brillant! I was half afraid that during the proposal Darcy might start his too-frank-a-confession about their social differences etc, but thank god that didn't happen
Very endearing proposal scene (but why oh why Bingley?!! ) and I can feel the happiness bubbling in me (as if I was being proposed hahah!). Look forward to the next chapter!

I loved Darcy's frequent need for Elizabeth's reassurances. Very sweet. I hope all goes well with the Gardiners. Georgiana's happiness is lovely to read about. Thanks for thehappy, wonderful chapter!

Wow, fabulous story. Just read all 21 chapters in less than 24 hours, including umpteen interruptions from children, husband and sleep. Looking forward to reading more.

One question: if Netherfield is as close to Longbourn as 3 miles, why is there no mention of Mary Collins? Did I miss something?

I love how happy E & D are..just to look at each other, share a word , or a touch. This chapter was so well written that their happiness is evident to all of us. Very nice!

Joana,
Love this....
"You are my joy and my delight, every day," he said suddenly, in a low feeling voice. "And every day there is another source of wonder, and yet another reason to love you more!"
Can Mr darcy say that to me??? Again I say you have writen a wonderful story. with every chapter I fall more in love with the character's. Thank you for sharing. Hope there will be more stories in the future.

Lovely chapter, as always!

Chapter 26 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

That was lovely! She never got a chance to understand him since she never knew anything he was feeling. Very nice chapter!

Lovely.

Good job they managed to have a understanding! Will Jane make things abit difficult for Darcy now??

Yes! The drought has ended. I swear I was getting Darcy withdrawl. Thanks for the lovely chapter. It gave me a much need break from studying and it really filled in some holes from previous chapters and still left me with a warm fuzzy feeling. Feel free to update again and make my day.

I'm thinking that this will be one of my favorite chapters!

"I could not bear to lose you, Elizabeth," he whispered suddenly, unexpectedly, and turned his face against her palm to kiss the tip of her fingers.
"Nor I you." ...

Before she knew how it came about, she was in his arms, tears falling freely onto the crisp whiteness of his cravat. His hand had come up to rest at the back of her head, the gentle hold turning into a fiercely protective clasp as he drew a ragged breath.
"Never!" he whispered against her hair, and then again, "Never".

Very well worded. Thank you for this chapter.

Chapter 27 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Sigh...so romantic, the library scene! and good old Jane! :)

How ironic that the Earl feels D & E cannot have a true communion of spirits because of themselves and they seem to feel that they are destined to have one. Very lovely reunion! That was nice of Jane to allow her sister the comfort she needed.

Dear All,
Many thanks for your kind words and many thanks to the lovely Renee for hosting my story on her site.

I’ve been away from home for a while, and without a working PC for the last 4 weeks (aaaargh!!!) but hopefully that’s a thing of the past. I still haven’t got broadband installed – would you believe it, in this day and age? – but I’m hoping to join the present century before too long.

Once again, many thanks for your appreciation and encouragement, you are very, very kind!

All the best,

Joana

That was lovely! Now let's get them married before any more of Darcy's relatives make an appearance.

Hi,

Have been enjoying the story so far.

Any chance of posting the rest of the story soon? I've been reading other P/P fanfic, and it's hard to keep it straight in my mind. Just can't always remember which plot twist belongs with which story. Or maybe let us know how many chapters there will be. Then I can postpone reading it till the whole thing is posted. That way I can better appreciate the story as a complete work.

Thanks,

Anna

Dear Anna

Thank you for your message and for your interest in my story. There will be 33 chapters and a short epilogue. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joana

My dears, I promise I'll post the next chapter tomorrow!

This is truly a lovely story.

I started it quite a while ago and just now caught up with it.

I couldn't stop reading.

I am delighted to know that there will be more!

Thank you for a great story.

Here you go, ladies and gents, chapter 28 is up. Enjoy!

Sweet! Darcy is such a gem now

I loved all their attempts at apologies. L & D are just so cute when they try to take all the blame on themselves. Thank you for the very sweet chapter!

Chapter 29 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

No, it is not...

Great chapter! And very clever of Elizabeth to follow Jane with her good news.
But Mrs. Jennings & Mrs. Bennet are just too much for one household! poor Charles & Jane!

That was a lovely evening :) now i look forward to a wedding!

1 2