Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
What's your favorite or most memorable fanfiction Mr. Darcy-- or favorite Mr. Darcy line or moment?

Recently, I started to re-read one of the first modern fanfictions I discovered, Rika's Darcymania "An Unexpected Song." Since that first reading, I have read hundreds of stories on-line and published --and have promptly become in-love with many of the various Mr. Darcy's out there. And after all the stories piled on top of Rika's stories, I kind of forgot about her William Darcy (if that makes sense.) But after re-reading all 77 chapters of this WIP, I do believe this Darcy is my all-time fanfic fave or at least in the top three. Who's your favorite? or do you have a particular favorite Darcy moment or line. BTW- One of my favorite, most memorable Darcy lines is from Abigail Reynold's Impulse and Initiative where Darcy is trying to persuade Elizabeth to visit Pemberley and he says something like, "Regardless if you come to Pemberley or not, Pemeberley all ready belongs to you. Elizabeth Darcy has been roaming the halls since my first stay at Netherfield. While I have been passionately admiring Elizabeth Bennet every night in my dreams she has been by my side at Pemberley..." or something like that-- and all while he is seducing her with kisses. Anyway, this inquiring mind was just wondering what this community might have to say...

Re: What's your favorite or most memorable fanfiction Mr. Darcy-- or favorite Mr. Darcy line or mome

I love that too, Christina, sooooo romantic! *swoon*

I really have to think about it, because there are so many. Tracey's proposal in part 1 of chapter 23 of her Action and Reaction, for instance. "May I have the honour of being your husband?"

Or in Ellen G's Silver Dust, Darcy's dry reaction to the fact that Lizzy castrates stallions herself... "Charming" he said. I thought that sooo hilarious. I was laughing out loud.

I bet I will come up with more.

Re: What's your favorite or most memorable fanfiction Mr. Darcy-- or favorite Mr. Darcy line or mome

There are a ton... But a single scene that will probably always pop into my mind first as the very best fanfic moment for me is in Karalou's 'Assumed Engagement' when Darcy says to Elizabeth "it is tomorrow". Totally awesome. I could explain the lead up or the setting to those words but instead I recommend anyone who hasn't read it to do so. Those words are very powerful in that moment and just make you want to swoon.

He carried her fingers to his lips and kissed them gently, reverently.
"I love you," he said simply. "And I beg you to consent to be my wife."

So beautiful in all it's simplicity... Chapter 24 of Joana S' "Steady to his Purpose". Joana is such a great talent. *swoon*

I have so many... but one of the most poignant for me is a scene in Chapter 6 of Carol's modern Ae Fond Kiss when William and Elizabeth dance to a slow song by a ceilidh band when they both realize their feelings are mutual. Problem is, William is dating Jane and Elizabeth is dating Charles.

It got me all teared up. They wanted to say so much but couldn't. It's not as much a Darcy moment as just a honest-to-goodness heartbreaking moment between our beloved pair.

Since I know how sorrowful Scottish music can be, it fit the scene so well and is incredibly memorable to me.

My current favorite Darcy is Ayden's from "The Great Game." So expertly sensual!

ok...this was a very hard task! I have so many favorites now that is was very hard to choose! So I choose a conversion between Bingley and Darcy after Bingley had given "the" letter to Lizzy. This tid-bit is from the very first fan fiction story that I had read. His Brother's Keeper, Thank you Ellen!

"Well?" Mr. Darcy asked impatiently as a servant helped Mr. Bingley with his coat. "Do not keep me in suspense, man! Has she heard from her relations? Will she be coming to Town?"

Bingley smiled, a great self-satisfied grin. "Is this how you greet your friend newly returned from the wilds of Hertfordshire? Do you not first ask after his health, or that of his fiancée?"

"Yes, yes, yes," Darcy said with barely concealed irritation. "How was your trip to London, Bingley? How is Miss Bennet, Bingley? While you are at it, Bingley, will you not tell me of the health of your entire future family?"

I've never read Ae Fond Kiss -- but now I think I'll have to dive in.

And I agree, Ayden's Darcy from The Great Game has to be my favorite historical piece Darcy. Rich, tall, handsome, proud, manly, veral, strong -- mmmm... quintessential Darcy. That scene in the hunter's cabin... something about that scene where he looks right in her eyes so as to always remember that exact moment before he takes her-- and then something about being "gossimer thin"... yes, that story is an all time great.

Yes, please, do read Ae Fond Kiss, Christina. it's lovely!

Below a few lines from Ayden's Ebb and Flow that made me chuckle...

You were sleeping on the rocker, I didn't have the heart to wake you, so I carried you inside."
"Is that all William? Really?"
"Do you wish there had been more Elizabeth?"
"What I meant was .... Did you behave in a gentlemanly manner?"
"By which century's standards, Elizabeth?"

I have to admit, almost any scene Ayden writes with Darcy in either The Great Game (mmmm... Panther) or Ebb and Flow makes me swoon, melt or puts little fluttery things in my belly!

Her writing is so lush and evocative, it turns the biggest sourpuss into a romantic! But then, I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone here that!

Hey Christina,

Is the Author of The Unexpecting Song still writing her WIP?

Catrina, last December Rika left a note on her website that RL circumstances prevented her from posting. Since, as i understand it, nobody has heard from her. So, we don't know when/if she will update, unfortunately.

bummer...

I want to start reading it, but I'd hate not to be able to finish it! I get so frustrated when that happens! Thanks for the info though!

Catrina, In my opinion, Rika's story is at a good place to have us on hold if she has to have us on hold... Many things have been resolved -- and so if you read all 77 chapters, I don't believe you would suffer from angst. Its one of those stories thats almost done and unless she throws a curve ball later on, I am content. Not saying I do not wish for her to get back to posting though!! (in my opinion)

I just learned that Rika had an awfully busy semester, and just didn't have time to write. She will continue though.

Yes, there are sooo many it is very difficult to choose, but I have to say it is probably, the Darcy in The Great Game, when he sweeps Elizabeth onto his horse and carrys her away and then when he bathes her the morning after their first night together

Hi Christina, where can I read this story "An Unexpected Song"? Could you please let me know, It sounds wonderful and I would love to read it

This is where I found the story... :)

http://darcymania.com/aus/

Thanks for the suggestion Christina, i have started to read it and I can't seem to put it down!

Perhaps he had fallen too much into the habit of making decisions by himself, and that would indeed need to change if he married. Yes, that much he could accept, but he could not bring himself to face her accusing look. First he needed to find a way to tell her that he understood, but felt paralyzed by his fear that her warmth of the previous days would be a thing of the past regardless of his actions now. (...)
[Elisabeth] reached out and put her hand lightly on his arm.
He looked down at her hand as if puzzled as to where it had come from, and then abruptly crushed her into his arms. (...)
Burying his face in her hair, Darcy said a silent prayer of gratitude. He could accept anything he had to as long as he had Elizabeth, but he could no longer bear this constant uncertainty of her regard. The doubt had become more than he could stand—he needed her reassurance. “Elizabeth,” he pleaded, with an edge of desperation, “for God’s sake, please tell me that you care, even if only a little bit.”

Impulse & Initiative: The Rule of Reason by Abigail R

Oh, those Abigail Reynold's novels are full of memorable Darcy moments and quotes... on my critiques at Amazon, regarding her books, I always try to mention at least one of my favorite lines. I agree, her Darcy's are definitely swoon worthy.

"Oh dear God," he said, clutching her closer to him. "I am so sorry, Elizabeth." Tears now threatened to spill from his eyes as he repeated, "I am so sorry."

I was just reading An Inducement Into Matrimony by Jen P on DWG, when I came across this road. Somehow I like it when Darcy almost cries in a story (yes, that is cruel, and I know that ). This quote takes place after Wickham has compromised our poor Lizzy because he wanted revenge on Darcy. That rake!

yes, that is cruel, and I know that

I interprete your inclination more positively,I think... You like to think of him as a feeling man...

I don´t have a favorite of all times because I love all my favorite fanfics the same! They all have their particular and awesome appeal hence I ´m not able to choose the best story nor “The best Darcy” So I´ll list them by alphabetical order LOL LOL LOL

An Unexpected Song ´s Darcy
And Very Impolitic too ´s Darcy
Half Such a Sun ´s Darcy
Love and Acceptance ´s Darcy
The Luxury Gap ´s Darcy
The Muse ´s Darcy
The Trials of The Honorable F. Darcy ´s Darcy

Ahh, that Darcy from Trials of the Honorable F. Darcy... love that man, too! I must add that every time I see the previews for the new family movie, Speed Racer, my heart flutters!!

Also, I have been wondering about that Luxury Gap-- as I am from NW Washington and would love to read a story from my area. Where do I find it & that Darcy??

You can find it right here:

http://pricklyprose.com/TLG/contents3.htm

You´ll love it! LOl lol

And Very Impolitic too ´s Darcy

I kind of like him too... I'm so happy you like him, Claudia, thanks.

Obviously I like my Darcy smart, serious, passionate with a touch of naughtiness and a lot of dry humour. So practically all these traits are united in Mrs Darcy's circle...

And Very Impolitic Too (AVIT) was one of the first fanfics that I read, to be precise the third one LOL LOL LOL And I ´d say it kind of “saved the day” because the first two were pitiful!!! But I won´t say which ones and don´t worry They are NOT at Mrs Darcy site LOL LOL LOL.
I had a lot of fun reading AVIT and your Darcy is priceless!

Claudia

They are NOT at Mrs Darcy site LOL LOL LOL.

I'm glad to hear it...

Admittedly, I'm selective in a very subjective way ... I only invite FF authors I like myself. It is very well possible that I miss good stories nowadays, since I have no time to read so much lately. Fortunately I have a couple of good friends who draw my attention to the interesting ones. I'm always open for suggestions.

As far as my own AVIT is concerned, I was a little scarred initially that the location wouldn't interest a single soul, but I appeared to be mistaken there, fortunately.

Definitely AUS...
And when he says: 'here Cara' on chappy 77... Awwwwww...
Then... AUS again... and some more AUS...
4th... Scotch and Sirens/Bath and Bethrotals... Oooohhhh...
5th, The great game
6th, Obstacles to overcome + Paper jam
Then again AUS... That´s too good! Rika is even better than Berdoll´s 'Mr Darcy takes a wife' and 'Darcy and Elizabeth'.
Oops, got to go re read AUS. hehehehe

Darcy,the concert pianist in "An Unexpected song" is one of my favourite, too.
I also love very much Belén's Darcy in "Obstackles to Overcome" and the Darcy in "Fragments" by Teg:

"She smelled of springtime, fresh air and a hint of honeysuckle. Images replaced words in his mind and he was silent when he should have spoken. Instead of telling her how beautiful she was, how much he loved her, he merely watched; the spark of humour in her eyes and the way her lips teasingly curled upward in a mischievous smile." This is a very beautiful story too.

Darcy in An Affair in Three Simple Lessons...Yummy

Ever so slowly, he broke the kiss and stared at her,

"There. This is the first lesson. In two or three more, I shall make a woman of you."

Catrina... you may have induced me into reading another fan fic with that line! Something I haven't done in a very long time! That's a swoon-worthy moment if I ever read one!

Tracey

Wow! Gee thanks Catrina, for counting An Affair among your favourite ones.And thanks Tracey for the flattering comment, too. If you make up your mind, I hope you enjoy it.

My favourite?...Ummm It is soooo difficult. There are sooo many...

One of them is the very first one...Reene's story dealing with Christmas, "To Love Unselfishly: Mr Darcy Faces his Ghosts." It moved me to read on.

Then Janh's:The Journey...

When I did open my eyes, I was amazed to discover that I lay across Mr. Darcy's chest, my mouth against his face, his arms clasped tightly around my back and waist. I thought it was but a dream, that I could not possibly have slipped into that position. The last I remembered, we had been sitting up and now it seemed we had slid down upon the floor of the cave.

As I attempted to lift my head, my lips brushed against his cheek. Instinctively he turned toward me, his eyes still closed. Before I knew what had happened, I found his mouth upon mine, his lips searching, hungrily pressing ever more eager kisses until...my own lips parted. Deliciously, he began to probe my mouth with an increasing, intoxicating fervour; helplessly, I responded in kind. Still drugged in the early haze of sleep and drowning in this unexpected, pervasive passion, I felt my mouth go soft and slack, surrendering to his provocative exploration.

His arms tightened around me and he began stroking my back, one hand finding its way to the back of my neck. I became conscious that my own fingers now tangled among his curls, caressing the silky strands again and again.

Later on I discovered Teg's delightful writing and I cried my eyes out with her infamous "A New Leaf" after which I made up my mind to write LCT, since I could not bear the pain. But then she made it up with me since I laughed out loud with her delicious "Prickled not Prejudiced" That is a must if you like a good laugh.

Eli~
Where would I find "A New Leaf"?

You do not want to suffer, do you?
But if you do, you just have to go to JAindex and look for Teg. I believe it is in DGW. And do not forget your tissue!

Ok, so i guess I can say that you did warn me...but oh my goodness...I just can't help but to think there should be just one more chapter where every thing ends up...wonderful?

No way. It is the saddest story ever...It exudes angst and pain and frustration...I could never go back to it...I will never forget it though. It is extremely well written. But my favourite is definitely ******** not Prejudiced. Too bad Teg did not make a whole big story out of it!

Thank you to Claudia Abanader for the fabulous Darcy recommendation from the Luxury Gap. Being a NW WA reader, I am over the moon about this story and this man. I loved all the locales mentioned and all the flavor of the NW! I love the P&P twist to these characters plus all of the other JA's characters (of sorts) sprinkled through out. Two complaints, it seems to be a LONGGGGG work in progress... and on a personal note, living here for nearly 15 years, I have yet to encounter any beautiful men like described in this story... Not that I haven't had my eyes pealed, ha! (NW men seemed to buried under facial hair, pale faces and overtly casual wardrobes, hmmph!)

All of the Darcy's mentioned above are indeed memorable. But, one that continues to stay with me is Susan's Darcy from Disguise of Every Sort. The masquerade ball and the scene in the garden make me weak in the knees every time I read it.

I agree with that!! After reading Consequences I was remembering the few other times when I was so moved to tears-- and yes, my first was because of Darcy in that masquerade scene in Disquise of Every Sort. For all the raw passion in that scene and for the bitter realization of her loss. I too love that Darcy because he is so devoted to her, undying devotion. Yep, he's a keeper! That is one story that stays with me for days after I read... and re-read it.

I have to agree with Eli on "A New Leaf." It is a killer. I went back to it once and regretted it. It is very well written but to full of angst for me. Cindy

My God, I just read a New Leaf and I don't think I have ever read a more gut-twisting situation. What's worse is that it all seems so reasonable and not at all out of character. What a terrible situation for our poor Lizzy to be in! Has Teg finished this work or is it in progress? or God forbid abandoned?

I'm not well acquainted myself with Teg's work, but I know she's an excellent writer. She posts at DWG, so I'm sure she'll reply if you inquire after a new installment.

My favourite Darcy....oooh there's so many...most of which has been mentioned here..

1)Tracey's Action and Reaction....esp when he was trying to woo Lizzy at the office everyday..but but there's much moreeeeeee...and the proposal
2)AUS ..definately esp when he whispers all the "Cara's..
3)Darcy - the perfect daddy in "Grace will lead me home", "Love and Acceptance" and "For the sake of a child"
4) Of course some hot scenes - Lucky *******, One Night, And Very Impolitic Too, Pick Me Up,
5) Persuasive Darcys - all Aleksandra's stories in AHA
Ooooooooohhh there's so many more Arts & Allurement, The Honorable Judge D..
6) Some funny ones - Single Until..and Peach and Berry ( “Your name is Fitzwilliam?“Yes, Fitzwilliam.” Trying to stifle a laugh she lazily looked at him and stroke his cheek. “What kind of name is that?”“If I were you I wouldn’t laugh so much about my name.”“Why’s that?”
“Because, and mark my words, you’ll be Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy one day!” ..I thought that was pricelessssss)...

There more...but I think I have written too much
...before I leave I do agree with Tracey..Ae Fond Kiss had me in tears in some of the poignant scenes..so does Darcy's devotion in Teg's Fragments

Ima

Oh my gosh, I have just read a truly swoon worthy scene that I had to tap over here to share... (at 1:28 a.m. no less!) By Hyacinth Girl at HG, called The Heart Wants What the Heart Wants there is a very out-of-the-box and roguish Darcy who had just said to his rather reluctant bride, Elizabeth, "I am not pretending.This is the first time I am going to kiss my bride. And I am going to make it memorable." Okay so it just doesnt read the same out of context, but I assure, it has left me weak. And a bit dizzy. Okay, I'm off now and back to see what happens next.

Christina, thank you for sharing "The Heart Wants What the Heart Wants"...I'm like...40 pages in and I'm so engrossed that I actually do not want to go to work today just so I can finish reading...ugh..work, but nevertheless, the adult in me screems to go to work so off I go. The way the story is going I'm wondering how there can be a happy ending...I really hope that the ending won't disappoint. What can I really say...but yummy bad Darcy! Off to work I go. Thanks again!

I am trying to find 'The heart wants what it wants.' and have joined the Hyacinth Gardens but don't know where to find these fics. Also the links in the JA fan fiction index don't seem to be working. Is it me or is there a general problem?

I am not a good computer person at all-- especially since I am on dial-up and the process is so slow... however, I found this story after reading another of Hyacinth girl's stories and so I went to HG's author and story directory to see what else she had written and have been slowly making my way through her work. This particular story was posted back in Nov 2005 so it is fairly old and at the back of the Fiction Blooms. If you are new there, make sure your are signed in, then go into Fiction Blooms and do a search for the story. I believe I found it as the very last story in my particular search. Hope this helps-- there may be an easier way to navigate it, but again, I'm not computer savvy. Good luck. (Sorry, I do not know how to attach a link for it.)

The link for the story "THe heart wants what the heart wants" is

http://www.hyacinthgardens.com/garden/index.php?showtopic=115

Have fun!!!

Thank you Lizziebee and Christina for your efforts to help me. Unfortunately, I keep getting an error message from the board so I must have stuffed up the registration or something because I can't access the fiction. I will email HG for help. Thanks anyway!

1 2