Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: chapter 17 of Tracey's Action & Reaction posted!

Funny you should mention, Ima, I was just going to send an e-mail to Renee to say that if all goes well, she can post the last chapter, in its entirety, tomorrow. It's a long one and it will not be split... this is the end afterall!

Thanks so much for asking. :)

Tracey

Woohoooo!!! Can't wait.

Tracey darling...

I am happy and I am sad... happy when you said go ahead....I am flying to the moooooooooooon..wbut when you say finito..the end..........welll it is hard to say goodbye...But Tracey .........thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ima

Chapter 24 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

I seem to be the first again..but Tracyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..that was a tight....I was so sad for Lizzy when she thought Darcy is playing the field again...although I knew Darcy must have planned for her..since this is the last chapter ....and you were kind to Mrs Bennet and Caroline (she is still hoping..yuks...)and their wedding night was simply.........phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Oh Tracey, thank you thank thank you and CONGRATULATIONS for finishing this lovely epic....

Ima

Thank you, Tracey.
This is one of the first stories that I've ever read, and I loved it. You made an amazing work, Lizzy is so real and their relationship was so passionate and believable.

Hugs,
Francesca

Awww.... I can't believe it's over! Lovely, as usual, Tracey. Thanks for taking us for this wonderful ride!

Apparently, I'm one of the many JAFF initiated that started our obsession with your story, and is incredibly satisfying to finally get to see "The End".

On the other hand, we won't have more updates...

Well, I can we can read it over and over again, being as wonderful as it has been.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Tracey
Congratulations and Thank You! for finishing this story. This was the first modern fan fic that I ever read and I'm so glad its complete! I loved your D & E and I love the way you write!

Bravo!
Frances

Thank you all so much for the congratulatory comments. It does feel great to have completed this story, though there are authors, in the meantime, who've written several more than I have!

Ima -- So glad you enjoyed! Was I really that kind to Caroline? She had to watch the man she thinks she loves get married to a woman in a dress she made? However, I did try to keep it a bit canon as in the original, Caroline still manages to stay connected with the Darcys regardless of how awful she thinks the marriage is. I had fun writing the wedding night so glad you enjoyed.

Francy -- People must know by now how much I like to hear they like my Lizzy. She's not perfect, but she's fun, and I do hope that captures the original spirit of the character. Thanks so much for the lovely compliments about my writing.

Kari -- Is it bad that I'm happy you'll read it over again but that I don't have much of an interest in doing it? After writing it, I think all I'd do is criticize it if I re-read it! Glad you enjoyed, though and sorry, no, there won't be any more updates. Though never say never, right?

Frances -- Thank you! I'm so pleased you enjoyed and that the last chapter seemed to be enjoyable.

Now, I have a question to you all if you wouldn't mind feeding my curiosity and/or vanity. Many of you have said this is the first fan fic or first modern you ever read and I was wondering why? Is it the simple fact that for a long time my story was at the top of the fiction list at Firthness (another J.A. site) or is it because it came up when you googled something (like j.a. fiction nc-17).

I am very curious so please let me know!

Thanks to you all. It's been a wonderful ride for me too!

Tracey

Tracey, I'm not sure when I discovered your story exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was through Darcyfic. I received the posts of that yahoo group in my e-mail box initially. Later I went to Fness or the HG to read on. Same with Robin's, received her installments in my mailbox too. :D

In the beginning I hardly read any modern retellings. Preferred Regency by far, but that changed gradually... thanks to yours for instance!

Wow - thank you so much Tracey.

I did think at one point that I would never get to see that end, but am so very pleased that you proved me wrong!!

I have very much enjoyed reading your story and hope that you will not be putting down your pen for ever!

dear Tracey
A&R is the first modern D&E fanfiction I have read and one of the best
Thank you for all this "bon temps" I spent
Cathy

I'm all "sighs." What a great story, congratulations on this finale. I look forward to re-reading it again!! And the wedding surprise... so delightful! Many thanks!

Well, this wasn't my first JAff. To be honest I was a little dissapointed with the first one I read (it was a modern, but it wasn't the reason), but I knew there had to be more out there, so I kind of "googled" my way to Mrs. Darcy. I started reading the vignettes (because, as English is not my first language, I wanted to start with the easy stuff -see how ignorant I was? I'm learning though-).

Anyway. I stumbled upon "36D" and of course I was more than interested in read other stuff from the same author... and I found A&R. Come to think of it, it was my first long story.

Now I've read A LOT of JAFF, but A & R is of course one of my favorites, right on top of the list.

Again, thank you Tracey. I'll take your word and will wait for a little vignette now and then... even if it take you a couple of years. I'm patient enough, as you already know.

Tracey's Action & Reaction

Just finished reading this story and have to tell you that it's brilliant, if only there were a Mr Darcy!!! Can't wait to read another of Tracey's FF so, get writing

Re: chapter 24 of Tracey's Action & Reaction posted!

Thank you Tracey. You are a wonderful writer. Your story is deliciously sexy, intelligent and solid, you make me very happy, Thank you.

chapter 24 of Tracey's Action & Reaction posted!

Congratulations, Tracey! I am so happy with your ending. I loved the surprise wedding and Caroline & Mrs. Bennet's attempts to keep themselves at the forefront. I like Mrs. B & Georgiana together. Very sweet. Mrs. Reynolds & the surprise luggage was so well-done. Well, I guess I loved the whole story and chapter 24 was just the beautiful icing on this wonderful confection of a story. Thank you!!

Very, Very Good Tracey. I just can't believe they are finally married and in the Dress from Caroline's shop. I just knew that that dress would show up some time down the road. I'll have to say I thought the best part was there wedding night scene....
"It wasn't pretty, it wasn't sweet, it definitely wasn't slow, better to describe it as impassioned, sweaty and slightly violent. Darcy bruised his elbow when it had slammed against the headboard; Lizzy almost had to stop twice due to muscle cramps in her leg."
That was soooo funny especially Lizzy's leg cramps.
Tracey Congradulations what a wonderful story. I think I see a re-read in my near future. But this time it won't be on a plane to Hawaii.
Thank you so much for completing this wonderful story.
I hope too hear more from you in the future.
julia42 (ya I know it's read that way for awhile "julia42" but I'm not changing it.

julia42 (ya I know it's read that way for awhile "julia42" but I'm not changing it.

You're too funny, Julia!

Thank you Tracey for the awesome ending to this fantastic story, I loved it! Well done you! Thank you again and again for bringing all of us this enchanting modern day ff of Darcy and Elizabeth. I think it is far and away the best modern ff I have read to date. Although, I will miss coming here to read any updates, so I hope that you will continue to use your talents and write us another fabulous story. Best wishes to you and your family dear.

Tracey,

Your A&R is not my first modern P&P but I believe the second ..my first was the Lost Year by Andie..How that happenned is that I stumbled into Mrs Darcy site via Keira K website for P&P..and I have not left the P&P fanfic world eversince. I had browse through the story lists but admit that only those stories with such intriguing beginning (aka WOW..) makes me go on and on and on reading..without stopping..All in all your A&R is my third reading in the fanfic world..that is why it is so special to me ...If I am not mistaken I had saved all your chappies in my computer then and lug the computer along the next day while waiting for DH to finish his meeting. I knew for a fact that there will be no wifi at the restaurant where I had spent hours waiting (and I was well prepared)...but growing when reading your A&R.. I do hope I was not that obvious..

So dearie...I have to thank you and congratulate you again for finishing a story which had also grew on me.. ..

Ima

Thank You, Tracey for writing AND finishing this story! Everything is perfect as it is and I have forgotten about THAT dress! I have to go read about that bit again . Ottawa is a very nice place, I was fortunate to spend couple mths there some years back...and that's when i started reading your story at MrsDarcy and if i remember correctly, from your story I learnt that Ottawa is the 2nd coldest capital in the world!

Anyway, this has been a wonderful read. I hope to read more good stuff from you, please don't let your talent go wasted yea!

I'll try to make a long story short:
*Watched BBC P&P * Fell in love with CF & the characters of Darcy & Lizzy * Browsing through bookstore came across Linda Berdoll's books * read books and got hooked * googled JAFF (and variations of) * found Mrs. Darcy Site * read all the short stories first-36D was the first first I read (I'm still hoping you'll continue or expand that gem) * Had to read your other stuff * read A&R * it is now copied and bound and sitting on my bookshelf...I can now print out the rest of it and re-read it to my hearts' content!

Just wanted to say how I loved this story,it's listed in my book as one of the top JA stories,I do have a book listing the most excellent ones. I reference this book when I need to fine good writers. So just to let you know your one of them,sites like MrsD,AHA,HG,FIRTHNESS,WJ,FF.NET,DWG,Darcymania,Gatefiction,Drool,and a few personnal ones like Abigal R. If this seems like a complement it is! Thanks again for this awesome story and please,keep writing! DLSchickel

Tracey, Thank You for this Story!!! It will totally remain in my heart for the rest of my life.

My first modern version, and now after hundred others, still my favorite.

Even though these characters have hundreds of stories written in their likeness, you captured them like no other. Please be proud of your accomplishment, I am!

I found your story here...I first read "The Journey" by Jan H, then I read your story. Not quite sure why I picked those stories. Also, I had no idea stories like this could be so long and free! Also, I had no idea yours was not finished, so i waited a long time as well.

Thanks again for completing the story...
I will never forget this story...
And the author who wrote it!!!

Dear Tracey,

finally it is done! I am happy that you finished it and you did it very well, as nothing different would be to expect from an experted writer as you are...
But... (and there is always a but...) I am already missing your Darcy and Elizabeth. Somehow they became almost part of the family. Because of the long waiting, I kept turning to your page and reading bits and peaces, here and there until they became almost a daily routine...
Well, tank you so much for sharing your talent with us.
One of your devoted fans

I've read a LOT of P&P fanfic - Regency, Modern, AU - you name it. This was one of the sassiest, sexiest and most enjoyable stories I've read. You've written one of the best modern Lizzy's ever (and Darcy wasn't anything to sneeze at, either!) I loved your humor, your dialogue and the creative ways you brought these two together - and kept them apart. The challenges they faced as a couple were very realistic, which isn't always the case in modern stories. There was much more to their relationship than just great sex - and the sex WAS great. Wickham was a cad, but not over-the-top in his ability to be evil. You really were able to transfer all of the characters brilliantly from Regency to Modern, keeping them true to canon without making them a caricature.

More than anything, I admire you for finishing the story after such a long break for real life issues. Mind you, I'm glad that I didn't know about this story before, because the wait would have killed me...LOL! But, you showed courage and character by completing this story for your long-devoted readers, and I think you should be applauded for that. I hope that you have inspired other authors who have left great stories unfinished (for very good reasons) to have the faith and courage to complete their work as well. Best wished to you in your future writing endeavors and thank you for sharing your wonderful story.

Dear Tracey,

Congratulations on finishing your story and THANK YOU!!! That was a great ending to a great story. I found myself saying that was just like them. As if they were real people but you can't read your story and not think that this E&D are not real.

Hi all,

I had always meant to come back and comment on each of your thoughtful responses directly, but since I haven't yet gotten around to it, I just wanted to thank everyone who has commented on the story. Each and every one is appreciated!

I have not been working on anything new, I'm afraid, life has become less computer-centered these days (who ever wrote of the lazy days of summer?)

This story was a labour of love and, at times, hate, and frustration and silliness, as well! So it's always gratifying to read when people seem to relate to my style of writing!

Again, thanks so much for the comments.
Tracey

I have to say that this is one of my favorite P&P modern fanfiction stories. It is very well written. The plot is unique yet very Austen, although towards the end Elizabeth does get a little irrational boarding on annoying it is still beautiful. Basically, I really enjoyed this story and plan on reading it again.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great story.

Inspiration??

Hi Tracey!!!

I'm just writing to tell you how much I have loved and enjoyed Action and Reaction! To be honest, I have read it twice now!

I was curious to learn where you got the idea or inspiration to have Lizzy be a protocol officer?

For some time now, I have dreamed of becoming a protocol officer and have had the darnedest time learning much of anything about getting into the profession. Certainly there is going to protocol school, but beyond that, it's a mystery!

I know it has been a long time since anyone has posted anything, but I do very much hope you might have a chance to respond!

With great admiration,
Kate

Re: Inspiration??

Hi Kate!

Thanks for writing and I'm so glad you enjoyed my story. It's been awhile since anyone has noticed it! Renee (Mrs. Darcy herself!) was kind enough to let me know you had commented!

As for the position of a protocol officer, I"m afraid it's a composite of people's jobs. I worked for the government but not for Foreign Affairs so I know a little of the structure and I also used to work in the sales department of a high end hotel that had a specific sales manager for the "diplomatic" market. She ended up being a protocol officer for hotel and so I based a lot of Lizzy's job on her and her stories.

I wish I could give more of an inside scoop but sadly, my fiction really is fiction!

Again, thanks for writing to let me know you enjoyed. It was a thrill to see there are still readers for a story I finished quite awhile ago (though it seems like yesterday to me!)

Tracey

I really enjoyed this story, good job Tracey!