Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Darcy's age

Thanks Renee. I am writing a small flash back for one of the stories and I need to work this out.
I think there is a hint in his letter to Elizabeth that Mr Wickham did not graduate, by default, I guess Mr Darcy did. What d'you think?

Wickham definitely didn't graduate, I don't think that he even once opened his books!

I'm sure Mr Darcy graduated unless he was called home prematurely because of his father. We cannot be sure, there's no evidence of that for as far as I know.

Was his school actually ever mentioned in the story? I seem to recall this discussed once long ago and it was decided it may have been created for the mini-series.

I'm just checking Darcy's letter and it mentions that Wickham went to Cambridge (don't know how long) but doesn't seem to mention if Darcy was there. In all likelihood he did... just being nit-picky, I suppose. ;)

Tracey

He said he had opportunities to see him in unguarded moments, not necessarily at Cambridge, yes. So probably Mr Darcy went to another university. Maybe there was another one of greater name in those days. Any ideas? Oxford, perhaps?