Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

Gio,
I was curious and peeked at the dragon Darcy over the DGW. I must say it was nice to picture him naked over and over again, yet I was most seriously displeased when I discovered that the last post to which I have access was not the last chapter, though it is acknowledged that the last post is the 31 of March and the last one I can get is the 28th. I have tried refreshing but it does not work. I went over the DG and they have a later update still. Any ideas?

It is also nice to picture riding on top of Darcy the dragon and fly across the sky in the beauty of the night
Eli, you try to use the Search feature in the DWG board, it works. Alternatively, Sarah has posted a link where you can download. But the format is quite cramp, so reading will get some getting used to.

http://www.austen.com/babble/bindex.cgi?read=150416
(hope you don't mind, Renee)

I love Lisa L's stories too! Is she starting a new one?

I much rather like a ride of his half human form, you know. But who am I to judge somebody else's wims? Thanks anyway. The link worked perfectly well.

hope you don't mind, Renee

Not at all.

I love Lisa L's stories too! Is she starting a new one?

Don't think so. She's still working on her fabulous Mr. Popularity.

Oops, i hv forgotten abt Mr Popularity! *sigh* my pea size brain!

Please Help finding this story....

Elizabeth is married to Wickham. Darcy plans revenge on W so he convinces everybody to conspire with him. D convinces Jane to marry W but she ends up having to marry Collins, who is later poisoned by her. Theretfore, E has to marry W instead of J. Months later, I think, they go to Pemberley and W dissapears (D gets him drunk, sets him up with a maid to seduce him and makes up a story that he fled P in shame). Then D seduces E and she falls for him. D&E end up getting married. All of this is planned by Darcy.

I read this story recently but for the life of me I cannot remember the title or where I read it.

I hope somebody recognizes it!!!!

LCH

Goodness me! It sounds so awful that I would recomend you not to find it any more!
Just a joke...I hope you can find it.Any idea of the author? Tried to google some lines you remember?

Lily, I've read the story you're searching for. I will search too and let you know if I find it. I remember that I liked it.

Thanks Cindy! I am glad that you have read the story. I was beginning to think that I may be going insane %20void(0); Finding this story has developed into quite the pet peeve for me %20void(0); Good luck!

Hullo. I'm a fan of every Jane Austen fanfiction, but some time ago I read an interesting work in witch Elisabeth and Darcy made peace while in Meyrtown and he taught our heroine how to ride. I remember this part well because it was one of the most important of the entire story. I'd like to read it again...alas, I forgot title and author both...can anyone give me a hand???thanks

alexis,

I think it might be "Anxiety and Civility" on DWG. Check if that is what you are looking for.

LCH

Oh, I forgot to ask if anybody remembers the story that I am looking for (the plot is in a post on June 11th). I am still checking out stories to see if I can find it but no luck yet. I even tried to google it and also JAFF Index but no luck yet. Unless of course I miss it!!!

Again, please help...

LCH

I am hoping someone can help me recall the title of a story.

In this story, Elizabeth and Darcy get married. Elizabeth doesn't hear anything from her family and becomes distraught. In the meantime, unbeknownst to Elizabeth, Darcy doesn't mail her letters. It turns out there was a mail problem, and Elizabeth finally gets all of the letters at once. Of course, Lizzy is furious.

Does anyone recall a story with this plot?

Thanks!

I don't know where to post it, but I have found that today...

Dearest Renee!

SmileyCentral.com

Awwwwww, Basia, dearest friend, how sweet of you! It's indeed my birthday.

Thank you.

Renee,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY..or is it BELATED BIRTHDAY?? May you have a wonderful day!!!

Ima

BTW Erin, could the story you are looking for is When there was me and you and ff??

www.fanfiction.net/s/3875989/1/When_there_was_Me_and_You

Oh happy day to you! Hope you are happy, enjoying life and feeling loved! Cheers!

It's not the good place...but never mind!

BON ANNIVERSAIRE RENEE

Cathy

Happy BELATED BIRTHDAY Renee. Hope it was all you wanted it to be......

Renee,

Happy belated Birthday!!!!
May God Bless you with many, many more....Thank you for your wonderful site and all the hard work you do so that we can enjoy our jaff fix.

LCH

Thank you, thank you, my dears!

I had a lovely birthday, but at my age one wishes time wouldn't fly so fast...

Dear Renée,

one is so old as he/she feels, and as far as I can imagine, through Mrs Darcy, your spirit is very young still...

Belated, Happy Birthday to you and please stay
forever young!!!

Hello...

I am trying to find a story and wondered if any one recognised it. Not sure of all the details but I think it was an arranged marriage.
Anyway Darcy leaves Pemberley for a time and when he comes back for a ball, Elizabeth runs away when she sees him and he chases after her in a totally sweet moment. Not sure why but this scene sticks in my mind and if anyone has any clues I would be very happy.

Sorry for the lack of details

It sounds like Arranged Marriage by Jan H available at this site! Definitely one of my top five at least!

That's the one, thank you so much

Belated, Happy Birthday to you and please stay
forever young!!!

I'll remember that, dear Maria!

Hullo!
I read some time ago a fic in which Darcy and Elizabeth while still at Rosing Park, assist at the amourous encounter between Anne and a stableman. Elizabeth is shoked and there's a scene where Darcy keep her ears covered to stop her from hearing the other's moans and whatnot.
Is there someone who knows what fic is this???
Tanks

I think that the story you have in mind is the excellent Relative Indiscretions by Genette over at the Jane Austen Fanfiction Index. A fun story much like the excellent one's on this site :D

*delurks*

Hi, does anyone remember a ff where Elizabeth went to Darcy to ask for help, and Darcy agrees to help her only on the condition that she becomes his mistress?

Thanks,
Queenie

Queenie,

I think what you are looking for is Enid Wilson's "Bargain with the Devil" at AHA or 50M. It is great story and I highly recommend it.

Lili...

Re: Queenie's search

The fic you're looking for could very well be "Bargain with the devil", by Enid, but it could be also an older (unfinished for now) fic. The masterful "A Shade in His Character", by Rebecca E., has the same premise and I think I remember that it was the inspiration for Enid's, for its status as a very regretted, kinda eternal WIP (author says she's working on it, and given the quality of the writing, I'm hoping she is!).

I was thinking of A Shade etc. as well. Miracles do happen, but I have little hope to tell you the truth.

She _has_ said that she's working on completing it just a few months ago (or even less? I would've to check Firthness forums to be sure)...

Hope is the last thing to die. And I should know it, this fic it's one of the first I read in this fandom :(.

Hullo..some time ago, I read a fic (I can't remember the lenght or the plot...but it was finished)in witch things are resolved before Elisabeth's vacation at Pemberley but, while in London Mr. Bingley deserts Jane as soon as he knows of Lydia's elopement. When things are resolved again, he tries to court her but she doesn't forgive him right away...do you know the title of this fic and where can I find it? Sorry about the confusion...but I can't remember many particoulars...^_^

Hi,

I am looking for a story. It is during Jane's illness at Netherfield. Darcy and Elizabeth meet in the library one night very late by accident (your typical E can't sleep, goes to the library to get a book, D can't sleep either and he is there). D cannot help himself and tells E that if she does not leave, he will not be able to control himself. She does not and they end up spending the night together in her bedchamber. He tells her that no matter whether they make love or not, he will ask Mr.B for his blessing in the morning. Before he leaves for L, they do it again in the library, confirming their commitment and love to each other.
I have looked for it in the jaff index under earlier resolutions, resolution during J's illness, etc. but cannot find it. I can't even remember which site I read it from.

Sounds familiar to anyone???? It is a short and very romantic story....

Lili...

Hi y'all....long time lurker here.

I guess since I am at it I would just like to say thanks to Mrs Darcy for such a wonderful site! I may be thoroughly addicted...maybe.

Does anyone know where Shannon Kay's Avalon ran off to? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!!!

Hello Laura, and welcome. Congrats on your delurkerdom.

Here's a link to Shannon's awesome story, although I doubt it'll be all. Quite a while ago Shannon started to post it on her own website, but I can't find it anymore. So sorry. I'll send her an e-mail and ask. She hasn't been around for ages, so let's hope she'll respond.

Hi Renée,
I hope you hear from her, too. I miss Shannon Kay and Avalon is a lovely story. Her site was gorgeous. Count me as another reader who'd love to see that story completed.

Cheers,
Julia B

I e-mailed her yesterday, but haven't received a reply so far. I'll keep you posted!

Julia, FYI, since her website isn't accessible for one reason or the other, the link at Firthness doesn't work anymore.

The only to read it, at least a part of it, is at DWG of which i posted the link in my previous post.

Julia, FYI, since her website isn't accessible for one reason or the other, the link at Firthness doesn't work anymore.

Thanks for bringing that to my/our attention Renée. I've posted a note for the admins about it.

Cheers,
Julia B

I'm sorry, my dears, but both e-mail addresses I have do not work. My messages were returned undelivered...

That's ashame. Thanks for trying Renée

I am looking for a story. It is during Jane's illness at Netherfield. Darcy and Elizabeth meet in the library one night very late by accident (your typical E can't sleep, goes to the library to get a book, D can't sleep either and he is there). D cannot help himself and tells E that if she does not leave, he will not be able to control himself. She does not and they end up spending the night together in her bedchamber. He tells her that no matter whether they make love or not, he will ask Mr.B for his blessing in the morning. Before he leaves for L, they do it again in the library, confirming their commitment and love to each other.
I have looked for it in the jaff index under earlier resolutions, resolution during J's illness, etc. but cannot find it. I can't even remember which site I read it from.

Sounds familiar to anyone???? It is a short and very romantic story....

Lili...[/i]

Lili, Sounds like Abigail Reynolds, Impulse and Initiative, to me. It is a published book now and is available at Amazon.com. Hope this helps.

Brandy is right, Lili, must be Abigail's Impulse and Initiative, the first R-rated fanfiction story I've read after having discovered the JA fandom. Great story!

You can order it at Amazon through Mrs Darcy's online store.

That does sound similar to Impulse&Initiative but having just read that again-- I know it's not. Because the library scene in Abigail's book is at Pemberley and they make love in the master's chambers; also they are all ready engaged before she left for her trip north with the Gardiner's so Darcy just has to ask Mr Gardiner(in Mr.Bennet's stead) if they can marry in a couple of days time...
But as to which story you are looking for-- I can't help you. Sorry.

Ladies,

I just realized that the story that I described sounded similar to Impulse & Initiative as Brandy and Renee said. But Christina is right, it is similar but the details are different. Having read I&I like a million times, I know for sure that is not what I am looking for. My description is still accurate and still I have not found it. And still driving crazy..

Anyway I thank for trying to figure out the name of this story. Keep giving suggestions if you have any.
I really do want to find it since I liked it a lot.

Lili....

christina

Mrs. Darcy, Just wanted to know if you have seen any of the Lost in Austen series? The two epis I saw, I loved. How totally fan fiction! And I am loving that actor who plays Darcy, Elliot Cowan. He plays Darcy perfectly -- totally arrogant, prideful, hateful-hateful-man! So I was wondering, if you had any thoughts as to adding any photos of his smoldering looks to your web pages... you know, in your free time, (:! I for one, would be most pleased.

Hi Christina,
I was wondering what the Lost in Austen series is? I never heard of it.

Alas, christina, I don't receive ITV where I live, but I hope to see it in the near future.

Here's some more information on the official website, pictures and clips included:

Lost in Austen

What a shame, the videos can only be seen if you are a resident of the UK....

1 2 3 4 5 6 7