Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tanya's Strange Bedfellows

Just so ya know, Tanya posted on HG that she is "busy working on another chapter" but she doesn't know when she will post it.
So there's hope!! I can't wait to read about E and D.

Hopefully she is motivated to close this story once and for all. Let's continue to encourage her!

Oh wow. As always when coming to the updates page I long for an update to this story and could hardly believe my eyes when I saw Renee's posting!

Tanya, it was so lovely to be able to submerge myself in your wonderful writing again. You have a unique style that is a joy to read. This added dimension to the story that you introduced not so many chapters ago is both beautifully drawn (the contrast in the atmosphere, scenery, settings to Regency England are both refreshing and yet somehow blend perfectly - all credit to your writing ability) and intriguing. I really like Malvina and Captain Bennet very much - you have created really believable original characters that fit seamlessly into this world.

Like others, I long for more of Darcy and Lizzy - I am hoping news of Wickham's true character will get to Lizzy and she will hot-foot it to Derbyshire to see Darcy... well, I can live in hope, can't I? ;) Of course, you do like to torture your readers a bit more than that, so I shall not be surprised if the journey is a little more complex; I do hope that you are able to continue with the updates, but however long it takes you, I shall be here waiting for the journey to continue!

Thanks so much for the new chapter, and thank you dear Renee for making my weekend by hosting it!

and thank you dear Renee for making my weekend by hosting it!

YW, dearest Sandra. Always such a pleasure to see you! I haven't been around much myself lately, too much work. Hope to pay a visit to Pen and Ink soon again.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

This is so amazing! Like an early birthday present, and just this morning i was watching a re-run of an old ER episode and the title of the ep was 'Strange Bedfellows' and I just couldn't help but think about the story and wonder if there where other things out there titled that, and whether I should spend my day looking them up on google. So glad that i could just instead spend the morning reading the new chapter.

This is so amazing! Thank you, Tanya!

Oh, I was so excited to see a new chapter of SB! Thank you, Tanya and Mrs Darcy! I only hope that this is a sign that the lovely authoress has gotten her muse straightened out and we will have more of this wonderful story soon! PLEASE!

Thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU!!!!

Hi! I'm so glad you have post another chapter. Thank you so much. I love your story an I hope to see more of it.
Is a great story!
Thanks!

Oh, I am soooo happy!!! I have waited so long!!! How amazing, I do hope tanya will continue to update, and this story will get better and better!!!

Hi^_^ I've started to read Strange Bedfellows and, even if it's not yet completed, I had my curiosity sparked by the many happy reviews this story recieves. But I have a problem: I don't know why, but, of all the story this site has, this one is the only I can't open fully. When (for example) I tried to open the 27 chapter, the page stopped at the start of chapter 26..and so on in every other page: I can't open it fully...it always stop before it reaches the 'to the next chapter click here'. What sould I do?My pc is not the problem...as I have no difficulties in reading other sotries...can one of you counsel me?thanks

Hi Alexis,

I checked but all pages work fine as well as the direct links to the chapters from Tanya's main page. Perhaps refreshing the pages will help. Good luck!

oh............my............god

lol well that's all I could say when I saw that Tanya had posted. Love the chapter but still anxiously looking forward to more Darcy and Elizabeth. And I'm firmly of the belief that Wickham sexually compromised Darcy when they were boys, whether forcing Darcy, or just cajoling him, it would definitely explain why Darcy refused to talk about it, even to Elizabeth. He would be so ashamed and very very scared about how Elizabeth would react to the knowledge.
anyway, hope to see even more soon. beautiful writing

sparky

Totally agree with you sparky48 - I have just read the whole story again, opening all the old wounds and emotions that one can attripute to this fantastic story, I also think Darcy was compromised by Wickham at Harrow. Darcy talks of 'his sordid past'and 'that Elizabeth had wandered into an area that was private and painful, shameful and delicate-and his alone. Darcy remembered, in the aftermath of the occurrence, the horror that it would become public.'

How could he possibly explain all that to Elizabeth, remember she is only sixteen ' nigh on seventeen'?

I eagerly await the next chapter where hopefully Elizabeth might remain at Pemberley a little longer while she visitis Mr Darcy and Georgina, and that Darcy might return to Pemberley a little sooner! At least they would see each other! And who knows what might happen then.
Good luck with the next chapter Tanya -
like everyone else I will waitfor as long as it takes for you to finish this wonderfully written, heart wrenching story.

I decided to read this story two days ago, based on a recommendation posted on A Happier Alternative, and it is by far my favorite story. It is beautifully written, and the characters are all so perfectly and humanly flawed...I am in love with each and every one of your characters, who all seem to have both a good and bad side to them. Thank you so much (truly)...are you working on the next chapter, or has it been put on hold? By the way, I read your first story, "A Singular Proposition" as well, and it is obvious how much you have transgressed as a writer in both content and character development from your first story to Strange Bedfellows. Bravo to you. I only wish I could write so well.:) Great story plot. I kinda wish that Darcy and Elizabeth do not get together again until they are both older though...she seems so young still...

I spent all yesterday reading this fic, and loved it... while it took me a while to get used to the AU setting etc, once I did it was very gripping and quite emotional at times. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next - thanks for writing!

Having discovered this story only recently,I'm amazed at the time required to write such an intriging tale. I hope everything in Tanya's life is running smoothly and she can continue. Just also want to say that the fan forum is very insightful.

I can hardly believed when I saw the latest chapter ,so happy and excited although I was dying to know whatever happen to D & E, I must say the story of Malvina and Capt. Bennett is just as exciting and full of adventure.I like Malvina's character strong, wise and seems like she's a good judge of character.It's scary to think of Wickham he's a pedophile and I think similar thing happen to darcy in his hand that Darcy is so mortified to tell a soul not even to his beloved wife.
Tanya, I hope RL is doing so well on you part and your muse is back. Your story, very compelling and so intrigiung, is one of my favorite.Thanks a million.
annj

Dear Renée,
have you got any news about the next chapter?

No, dear Sheila, I have not. I'm sorry.

I think Wickham raped Darcy, and it's Darcy's shame as well as Wickham's. As someone pointed out, Wickham likes power over others.

I also think the separation allows Elizabeth to grow up a little more, so when they do come together, she is more of a woman.

A lovely story that I hope gets finished.

You definitely aren't the only one!

i have just read this story for the 3rd time and i like it better each time. i never would have thought that wickham raped darcy unless someone suggested it. and i still think it is far-fetched. i will just be secretly pining away, willing a new chapter to appear.

Ok, maybe "raped" is too strong. But in some way humiliated him, maybe waking him in the middle of the night while doing "something" to him. Darcy has mentioned earlier his"sordid past" and his "shame" and his waking for many nights bathed in sweat thinking about it. It had to have been to him, not to someone else.

Also, I notice that some comments talk about Darcy's "resisting" Valerie. He didn't resist her. He was impotent with her. I would have rathered he "resisted" her too.

oh dear! what a wonderful chapter this last one...
I have to confess that I feel a little guilty because I like this Jamie as much as I like Darcy! and I even like Malvina better than lizzy XD
but that is just because this lizzy is so very young and naive... but she's growing up really fast in these last chapters, I like it! both her and darcy need some growing up before they can become the couple we sooooo love!
but, back to my dear jamie ( ) he's sexy don't you think? and smart... I so hope he will write to lizzy to tell her that wickham is an ass! she will believe her brother, will she?
and about this wickham harassing darcy thing... you know, I hadn't thought about it, but now that I read this theory, well it could be true. not that he has been raped, but probably found himself in a very compromising situation, like being touched, or even witnessed - and almost took part - to an orgy
well, with wickham you never know

so, tanya, as always, I beg you to please post really soon your next chapter!

Tanya I dearly wish for another chapter and soon. I hope that Lizzy brother enlightens her to all of Wicky's faults

I think it's interesting how many hints about homosexuality there are, suggesting that the peccadillo earlier with Darcy involved same. First. Horatio's brother, Lord? seems to be involved with the young actor, Wickham seems to be bisexual, Darcy declares his love to Elizabeth when she's dressed as a boy, and Lord Gregory tells them to get out of the street before they're accused of "unnatural vices." The story is replete with these allusions. And I sure would like some resolution!

Plus one more: Mr. Bennet bet his own body to the man who held (Sr.) 6KDarcy's debt. The man was a homosexual who wanted Bennet's body. Bennet had no intention of honoring that debt. Funny then that he expected Darcy to honor his!

Ok Ophelia you got me thinking with these latest comments of your I never noticed the Mr Bennet and the body thing. I can't help wondering if we will ever have the anwsers to all of our hypotis "sp".

Tanya I'm begging for more. Mean while I guess I'll start from the begining see if I missed any other clues.
Geri

Wow! I've just finished reading the story (for the sixth time!) and I cant help but cry towards the end. The heartache they both are suffering by being apart breaks my heart. Who could have written the letter? At first I thought it might have been Valerie wanting to get a reaction from Lizzy, that way Lizzy would have to confront Darcy. Sadly only our dear author knows all the answers to our guesses.

Renee have you heard from Tanya?

Good news girls, I'm going to post the next chapter today!

Bravenet.jQuery(function(){ var emojiConvert = new EmojiConvertor(); emojiConvert.img_set = 'emojione'; emojiConvert.img_sets.emojione.sheet = 'https://apps.bravenet.com/css/sheets/sheet_emojione_64_indexed_128.png'; emojiConvert.allow_native = false; emojiConvert.use_sheet = true; emojiConvert.init_env(); Bravenet.jQuery('.bn-forum-threads-post-comment').each(function() { var replaced = emojiConvert.replace_colons(Bravenet.jQuery(this).html()); replaced = emojiConvert.replace_emoticons(Bravenet.jQuery(this).html()); Bravenet.jQuery(this).html(replaced); }); });

Oh thank you thank you for the wonderful yet sad chapter. I am just as enthralled with Malvina and James as with Elizabeth and Darcy. A beautiful and passionate chapter and now I think I must go re-read from the beginning just to soothe the savage ache I feel in wanting to read more.

Post again soon, please.

Pamala

Hi Pamala, I fear I have to start all over again as well. I didn't have time to read anything lately, poor me!

Anyway, I see that my previous post is quite blank... Must have made an html error.

Here's the link to Tanya's pages, ladies, in case you read the good news here first.

What a great surprise!! Another chapter and what a fantastic chapter!
Please please please do not let anything bad happen to James - and please let Malvina get to England safe and sound.
She needs to get to Lizzy straight away.

I think Wickham has to be behind the theft of the tunnel maps and James'
ring!
What a creep! Hope he met his end at the Fort.
I have a feeling though that perhaps he is one of the loose ends that James has to tie up before he gets to England!
Oh, Tanya, you obviously haven't forgotten this fantastic story!
Can't wait to get back to Darcy and Lizzy.
But I also love James and Mal.
More more more!!! Thank you Tanya!!!

What a great chapter...all full of excitement! Now back to England and back to Elizabeth and Darcy...you really have wound these two parts of this story together. Thanks!!!

Really fantastic. Your style, your writing is better and better.
And yes, just what evil WILL Wickham do with that ring?
Please give us the next part soon!

What a fantastic chapter. Almost worth the long wait. I say almost because I am a very selfish reader and always want more, longer and immediately. But this was a most satisfying chapter being long and action packed. Please have James follow her back soon, in one piece and with little heartache. I am very worried about that ring being missing. And I have a feeling Mal is going to be great with child by the time she delivers her message to Elizabeth. Please Tanya, keep writing. Love this story --and your writing is so lush, seductive and pure.

Thanks for the divine chapter, Tanya! Wickham is bad. He doesn't care who he hurts. I hope that Elizabeth gets the message and stops recommending him to others. I am glad Charles was good to Malvina but that she feels something very different with Jamie. So glad for the update...thanks!!

Can we get back to Elizabeth and Darcy please?

Tanya what a chapter, in my heart I always want more D&E. You have written James,Malvine and Ruth so well I can't help wondering what is next.

As for Icky Wicky why do I feel his missing days had something to do with the missing map and missing belongings? Why do I think he sold them all out to the highest bidder? Or was he caught with a young boy and force either way he is pond scum.

Why hasn't James written and told Lizzy how revolting Wicky is? At least maybe Mal will give her the truth and may be Lizzy will actually Listen.

So at this point in the story how long have Darcy and Lizzy been estranged?

Thank you thank you thank you for this new post and I'm looking forward to the next.
Geri

How soon before you finish this? Any idea?

It's a great tale, and you are an exceptional writer. But reading an unfinished story like this is nails across a blackboard--painful--so you can ease my agony by offering some kind of end-in-sight. If possible. . .I realize that it can be hard to say.

Always glad for the update
Mal isn't really barren right?
I hope James returns to England soon.
Is Wickham dead yet? I guess that would be too wishful of me, after all you're going to have him havocking in E&D again. Or at least to confirm Darcy's story, if he will tell - he will eventually tell the truth right?
What is the ring about? I hope to read something of E&D in the next chapter. Let pary that this journey back to England is pleasant and smooth sailing for Mal.
I love this story, please update again soon.

Tanya -- This is a glorious chapter (ch. 29), rich and full of vivid detail and emotion -- I love your writing style which seems to have become even more compelling since you began this wonderful story. My family had to wait for me to read this chapter before I began preparations for Thanksgiving dinner -- this was my special treat for the day. I am eager to read the next, but can see why this type of crafting can't be rushed.

Oops I meant chapter 28! (or was that just wishful thinking) -- again, thank you, thank you, thank you for such a lush and heartwrenching chapter with the promise that we will soon hear more of our beloved E&D -- but now I must confess I am just as interested in M&J! So many story lines to be woven together -- it will take skilled crafting to weave them all together -- which I trust you can, Tanya. I can understand why this would take time -- as much as I literally ache for more!!!

So happy to have a posting from this story. It has been too long since we spent time with these characters. I'm looking forward to the next installment!

ahh! you updated!
this is one of my absolute favorite stories on this site, and I was soo excited to see a new chapter. Please please please let more follow!??
wonderful, wonderful chapter, but I have to agree with Ellie, can we get back to elizabeth and darcy?
i think their angst might drive me mad. but thank you so much!
great chapter, hoping for more soon! (yes, i am that selfish)

Oh, happy day!

My motherboard went and I have been computer-less for weeks.

I just got a new Mac and, joy of all joys, a new chapter of Strange Bedfellows!

I could hardly believe my eyes!

What a great chapter!

Wickham's got that ring, I just know it! The fiend!

I love Mal and James.

This is my favorite story.

Thank you,thank you, thank you!

What a wonderful story. I must say (and I truly mean this) that this is one of the best stories I have ever read. I love your Elizabeth. You write her in a different manner than most, but I find I have become quite engrossed in her story, in it all actually down to every last character. What an imagination you have! And I am only so pleased that you are sharing it with us.

Does anyone know what is wrong with Hyacinth Gardens?

An absolutely riveting chapter! Poor Malvina suffered another loss and such traumatic experience! I hope James will finish off his business fast and set off to england asap. Hope we don't have to wait too long for your next chapter, Tanya :P

*Sigh* Wonderful!! As usual. :D I'm so thrilled that you're still writing, Tanya! Thanks for such a riveting chapter. Thanks, Renee, for posting it! I can't wait for more!

OMG! such riveting andheart-wrentching update.I love Malvina such a strong & wise person. I cannot wait for her to set foot in England I miss Darcy and E. and whatever happens to them while Capt. Bennet & Malvina took the stage.Thank you so much for this update will never forget this story.
annj

Just checking to see if Santa left me the present I really want--an update in this story.

Also, while I very much like the Malvina and James chapters, I am eager to see the story reunite and integrate all the characters in an update.

As for what Wickham is holding over Darcy, I would guess that during the public school years, Darcy saw Wickham rape another boy, probably someone younger. Darcy was outraged but wished to protect the victim's identity and kept the secret. This explanation would also coincide with Darcy being so adamant to his father that Wickham had to go, and yet unforthcoming about exactly why. I also think that if Wickham had touched Darcy, Darcy would have killed Wickham--probably on the spot. That is why I think it unlikely Darcy is the direct victim.

Protecting someone else's secret also explains why Darcy does not want to tell Elizabeth--and if this or something like this is the secret, then Darcy is also protecting Elizabeth from learning something he probably believes too horrible for her to know. She is still quite young and innocent, and so far, Darcy's protectiveness has prevented him from taking her virginity despite ample opportunity during heavy petting sessions--and despite his fervid desire. I think he has held back because he has not thought she was ready even if she consented.

Of course, taking her virginity would also destroy their fragile claim to annuling their marriage, should either of them ever really want that. Tanya, please post and relieve me of my suffering suppositions and speculations!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7