Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ellen G's Silver Dust

This Darcy actually makes me DIZZY! Def swoon worthy. I think this is the only story I recall that has someone actually pushing Carolyn Bingley at Darcy (besides a Mrs Hurst!) I LOL reading the comparison of riding her gelding to riding Darcy. Gelding vs a Stallion. Ha!

Girls, Ima asked me to post these pictures... Aren't they adorable?

Photobucket

Photobucket

P.S. Renée dearest ~ where's the 'fan' emoticon? Is it me or is it getting HOT in here!

Indeed, sweetheart. Where's a fan when you need one!

R~

This is my first post on Mrs. Darcy, although I have been enjoying stories here for about 6 months.

A warm welcome to you, AMG! I hope to 'see' you often from now on.

Nice pics Renee & Ima...can't wait to see that movie. Thats 'Australia', right? I think its supposed to be in theaters this fall. I love Hugh Jackman.

Yep, Rita, it's from Australia. Love Hugh Hackman too.

..Yup ..its from the film Australia..I think it's gorgeous too.. but the pairing is more like Darcy and Jane but ..Hugh is hot isn't he.. so like Ellen's Darcy... ..

Thanks Renee for posting it...

Ima

WOW!!! That was a sexy chapter Ellen! Those two are likely to spontaneously combust if you make them any hotter! Keep up the great work.

Whooooo-eee! Renee, thanks for the Jackman pix. I could live without Mrs. Urban, but I've always thought that Hugh would make an ideal Darcy, and I agree that in Australia mode he's perfect for Silver Dust. Thanks, Ima, for suggesting him!

Oh, and Ima...

I always thought it such a waste that Dracy didn't kiss Lizzy in that da__ movie.

There was an entire category of FF stories on another site that dealt with the possibility of a kiss in the movie. I thought it was about time someone took it to its logical conclusion.

Ellen,

You are welcome..When I saw that photo which co-incide with your Chapter 14..I just had to share..My sincere hope that your muse will keep on sizzling and breath fire (ha ha ha)...that you'll keep on making us in need of bigger and bigger fans and air-cons etc etc..Just tell us dear of anything that will keep your excellent muse pouring and inspired..

Ima

p/s I just love your solution/alternate view.. ..

Ellen,

If this chapter includes "logical" conclusions I'd love to see you work the illogical or irrational conclusions.

Once again (this is my second post about this chapater and it bears repeating!) - you've penned a great story.

Roselle

Hi Ellen, Thank you Thank you Thank you for FINALLY having them kiss during the first proposal. I was so disappointed when they didnt kiss in the movie (2005) and there was such passion. I feel a little vindicated now! You are SERIOUS greatness!!!

WOW!!!!
I have wanted to review this MASTERPIECE since chapter 10(when I first read it ). Back then I was even MORE of a newbie to this fandom (I discovered Jane Austen ff this summer/your winter) and anything romantic.I don´t like romantic movies, or love letters or valentines(I´m tell every guy I date that if they ever send me a love letter it is over )

So, I´m discovering this huge world of very good romance, that I actually enjoy, and staying away from any fic that may contain melodrama or exaggeration (too much Mexican soup operas as a child have left me traumatized).

And then I come across your story. A western....warnings started to pop up in my brain and I passed your story.

But then one day while I was browsing this site I came across your story again. Something called at me, but my brain was saying NO NONONONONONO. and as I was debating what to do my father turns on the TV.

He was watching Bonanza......

I took that as a divine message.

I was regarded VERY highly for my faith.

But the language barrier stopped me from posting a reply.

Until the BEST Hunsford scene EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the best Elizabeth.....
And one of my top 3 Darcy.(a high regard as Fanfic Darcy is not my type...Jane Austen Darcy shy and awkward makes me )

In other words _GREAT work and pretty please MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, Meri, I so enjoyed reading your entertaining post! Welcome to the club, dear. I hope to 'see' you often!

I agree with Meri. That was the "the BEST Hunsford scene EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Wowwee, Ellen. That was excellent.

oh wow that was some ending. Now will Elizabeth want to taste some more passion any time soon? Or will her head rule for a bit longer? Love your story Ellen.

That was a fantastic Hunsford! I love the passionate Darcy deciding to "go for it". Will there be a letter for Lizzy to ponder on her long ride home? I'm sure the memories of that make-out session will be along for the ride.

Thanks again for writing this and sharing it with us all. I hope your muse inspires you to write more and soon.

~Ayla

What can I say? Thanks again, everyone, for all the lovely comments.

And a very special thank-you and welcome to you, Meri. I see no language barrier here! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

I'll have to agree with all the previous posts and add my 'oh my goodness'! I can just imagine how yummy that kiss was. And I'll just have to say Yeah for Charles! Great chapter!

Wow-wee! That was so hot! I can't believe that Darcy just decided to risk everything and go for it but I'm SO happy that he did! Awesome chapter! I can't wait for the next one!

In the meantime I'm off to re-read the last one!

Thanks for this wonderful story!!!

Can we expect an update soon???

Thanks, Lydia! I hope to have another chapter to send to Renee for posting within the week.

Ooops! Just found out that Mrs. Darcy will be unavailable to post ntil August 6. So the new chapter will have to wait until after that date. Thanks for waiting!

I'm so sorry, dear Ellen and fans, but I'm totally swamped. Fortunately I am on schedule and I will do my best to squeeze it in somewhere. I'll be back from my trip this Monday.

Ellen maybe you can put a teaser in the comment thread while we wait for Renee's return? Just a thought.

I love this story
Geri

Ellen
My favorite line: "On the contrary, Elizabeth," he said softly to the closed door, "I do believe you are."

And I don't know what happens next. Two more weeks. huh

Hmm, OK, Geri. Here goes:

There'll be a letter.

ROFLMAO Thank you Ellen! Okay the letter is delivered by bow and arrow in the Collins front door?

Geri, you'll be happy to know that the chapter is complete and only awaits Mrs. Darcy's return.

Chapter 15 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Oh, my God! I was in the middle of a VERY long post praising this chapter and I must have done something wrong, because the whole thing has just disappeared.

Well, I suppose I'll just have to start again. If I remember rightly, the gist of it was that I loved this chapter

After delurking so unexpectedly after the previous installment (unexpectedly for me, of course, since I was kicked out of my smug hideout by the force of the chapter as if it were a tornado) I just thought I could as well keep commenting on the story. So here are my thoughts:

I arrived home twenty minutes ago (it was "ten minutes ago" in the missing message which I'm still mourning). First thing to do on arrival: drop bag, switch on computer, check Mrs Darcy's site for news.

Immediately after that: enthusiastical clapping of hands on seeing Ellen G's new installment. I then ran downstairs to get an ice-cream to enjoy while reading the chapter and set the right atmosphere (home alone today, so I can indulge myself in treats such as ice-creams and P&P fan-fiction). When I was satisfied with the little world I had created, I started the chapter.

Which, of course, was fantastic.

A few moments that I enjoyed especially:

"Smugly, she considered her little experiment a success, and was proud that she had not only had an enjoyable physical interlude but also gotten the better of that detestable man without losing complete control of herself."

I love Lizzy. She's so endearingly clueless! And then she keeps having dreams and expecting it to be him at the door and (I loved this) smelling his letter.

I also enjoyed the alliance between Lady C and Caroline. These are two characters that normally do not appear together in stories but, when they do, their interaction is priceless. I like to see them teaming up and giving Darcy a bit of trouble (what is it about this man that makes us want to see him distressed through the longest part of the stories? The poor thing!)

And Wickham! Goodness, he's certainly a villain here, even more than usual. And I now wonder whether Lydia will end up in that brothel or merely married to him (which would be bad enough, honestly)

Can't wait to know!

And now, cross fingers, click on "post message" and.....

OMG, Rori, I'm so glad you delurked. Your posts are sooooo entertaining! Thank you!

Ellen, spent part of last night and today catching up this wonderful story. Who could resist a cowboy Darcy? Oh man, that was one incredible Hunsford!

Excellent writing and storytelling Ellen, Kudos!

Ellen now you have me worried about Joe is he as evil as Wicky?

And Caroling spending every moment with Catherine perfecting her skills on the capture of Darcy. That is really scarey.

I loved how you wrote the Col as a mear messager and him praying for any morsal of intelligence on the LETTER. :)

Thank you for the chapter.
Geri

First---I am so glad to Have Mrs. Darcy back and rarin' to go!

Second, this was a perfect story to come back to. I missed it!

I love how Elizabeth is sorry about some of her words but not sorry about her experience! Denny could be trouble, too, or he could just be harmless. I will hope that none of the Bennet girls will be alone with him or Wickham but that probably won't happen.

Keep up the good work, Ellen. I look forward to seeing how E & D actually meet again.

Now I'm worried about Joe, too. Excellent job with the letter. Must tell you that I'm in love with your Darcy and am looking forward when L&D next meet again.

Please please please post again soon!

Cheers,
Julia B

I'm really enjoying this story! And I normally kind of hate Westerns. :( But this is pretty fabulous. I love how you translated the original to the Wild West.

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!

I love your Elizabeth-- totally brave and adventurous. CANNOT WAIT until you return Darcy to the story. Oh how, oh how, will you bring them back together... My imagination is wild with musings. Can't wait. Post again soon. Love this story! I am fearful Lydia is going to get nabbed and put in Wickham's brothel. He wouldn't dare try it with Elizabeth-- I think she would be like a wild pony and bite and kick!!!

That was yet another wonderful chapter, Ellen! Darcy's letter sure revealed a very evil Wickham! And Joe seemed to think highly of him, is he going to be an accomplice with wickham??? Can't wait for more!

Ellen, I thought Darcy's letter was excellent and alarming. Wickham is such a creep and for some reason I'm worried that it might be him that bought the painting of Elizabeth! I was hoping that it was Darcy who had purchased it for Elizabeth's sake as well as his own but in light of Darcy's letter Wickham seems just creepy enough to want a picture of a girl he knows Darcy favors to display to his customers. Blech! I hope my first theory is correct...

I was worried when Elizabeth was alone with Denny, too. I wonder if he was 'placed' at the Bennet's ranch to select the most likely of girls for Wickham's establishment? After all, there's a large selection to choose from in one convenient location! Yikes!

As for Elizabeth, well, she can tell herself she 'experimented' on Darcy all she wants...that man got her attention big time. Will her thoughts be more favorable towards him now? All her prior reasons for despising him have been stripped away and now she has their powerful chemistry to mull.

First of all thanks Mrs Darcy for relieving us of the agony of waiting...and of course Ellen..thank you firstly for your teaser..THERE WILL BE A LETTER. ..I can say much ...just that I am sooo in love with your story..thank you for sharing...
Ima

Indeed, Ellen, Ima is in love with your story, look at the picture she sent me to post here!

Photobucket

However, she's running ahead of things, isn't she? Not that Imind... quite on the contrary!

Thanks for the chapter Ellen! I love how you used "Lessee" for "Let's see!" I think I will use that when I am texting in the future...

Renee, hope you enjoyed your holiday. Ellen, glad you're back!
I was a bit worried at the end that Joe wouldnt take Elizabeth home, but I still don't trust the man!
Need more soon, especially scenes like those in that picture!

Thanks so much for posting early Renee! I've been hanging out for an update on this story!

Ellen, loving the letter. And of course your teaser! And Lizzy's dreams...hmm! I can't wait for some more! This has got to be right up there on my favourite stories list!

Here's hoping that flattery (and most definitely not false) will lead to another post soon!

kate xx

Thanks, everyone! I'm having so much fun with this!

And thanks Ima & Renee, for the lovely Hugh Jackman photo. Now if we can get just someone besides Nicole Kidman in there... Really, I can't see her as a match for him. Too pale and skinny. I'm thinking someone with a little more oomph.

In fact I was telling Renee it is more like a Darcy & Jane pairing ..but I can't resist to share Hugh's great photo. As Renee was saying..I seem to be going ahead of time..well just to drop some hints/request...

Ima

And I would like to adhere to Ima's hint/request! Though I'm fine at the moment with the torrid scene we had in the previous chapter and I'm quite positive that it will sustain me for a happy while, you must know, Ellen (certainly you must know by now!) that we, your devoted fans, are not at all averse to D&L passionate encounters

Ooooh, and Ima and Renée, thank you for the pics. A shirtless Hugh Jackman is always a nice treat!

Hello! I just got caught up (after being gone with my wedding and all that stuff) and I love it! I agree with the other commenters....should we be worried about Joe? He seems like a nice guy but...hmmmm...maybe not....Great post!

Ellen,

I am hanging on for the next post. I just love this story and can't wait for Darcy and Lizzy to be reunited. I just love your lust take on this classic story and can't wait for more.

I think of Chuck Norris jokes when I read this:

The saddle doesn't chafe Darcy: Darcy chafes the saddle!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8