Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mr Darcy / Obama comparison: a truth universally acknowledged?

Judge for yourselves.

Mr. Darcy Comes Courting

Re: Mr Darcy / Obama comparison: a truth universally acknowledged?

Sorry, I found the comparison over the top and inappropriate. Mr Darcy indeed!

Obama as Darcy, quick get a bucket I'm going to be sick!!!!!!!!

He just lost my vote!!!

I found it a bit offensive. I do not agree with any part of the article. To cast McCain as Wickham is a nasty snide thing to do and Obama as Darcy is a joke. Yuck! Definitely a liberally biased take on the upcoming election.

Uh, no.

To describe Obama -
The senator is a modern incarnation of the clever, haughty, reserved and fastidious Mr. Darcy.

Haughty, reserved and fastidious? Barack Obama? Where has she been? IMO, Ms. Dowd hasn't been paying attention.

Can America overcome its prejudice to elect the first black president? .. Obama's supposed conceit is really just the protective shield and defense mechanism.

Huh?! "supposed conceit"? Her arqument likening Obama to Darcy is completely without substance. There is NO analogy. I agree with Lisa that to cast McCain as Wickham is just nasty, and Obama as Darcy is just silly.

Thanks Renée.

Cheers,
Julia B

<>He just lost my vote!!!

Oh dear, look what a silly article can cause. Mr Obama didn't write it or ever compared himself to Mr Darcy, my dear!

And I agree, you just cannot compare a true war hero such as McCain with a worthless man for whom someone else bought a commission in the army! Out of line, definitely.

However, I thought it just fun, and do not take it too seriously.

Urgh or not! Thank goodness I don't live in America and don't have to deal with this stuff everyday! In saying that we get enough gossip about the American election in New Zealand...

I bet this article will please the Austen fans...

Thanks Cassie for sending it to me.

Thank you Renee for posting that brief refutation of the article. It really was a very silly analogy and I am glad that others were just as irritated as I was.

I also found the comparison, the all article disgusting, but "poor Mr Obama..." has nothing to do with it!!!