Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
The Ice House by Sophie

My dears, Mrs Darcy is delighted to announce that the prologue and first chapter of Sophie's new WIP The Ice House has just been posted on her pages. Enjoy!

Re: The Ice House by Sophie

Ok, I'm hooked. How on earth are you going to get our favourite pair together with such a beginning? Darcy married to another with 3 children???? I'll be reading the next chapters with great anticipation.

Yes, what a beginning! Darcy married and with kids! And he was so cold towards Lizzy too! I wonder what had transmitted betw them 3 years ago. Look forward to be enlightened :)

Very promising, indeed.
Just one thing I did not quite understand: 1999, Darcy gets married. 2004 Darcy and Lizzy meet each other. And what year is Jane's and Charles' wedding taking place?

Should be 2007, I started last year so the maths worked out when I started. Haha. May make mention of that in future posts. :)

Glad you're liking it though guys.

"Glad you're liking it though guys." Not liking it.....loving it!
Wow!!!!I have a feeling that this story is going to leave me wanting more at the end of every chapter. There a million questions I want to ask but I will just let the story unfold. Thanks,Sophie!

Man, I cannot wait for the next chapter. You have already made it interesting with lots of chemistry. Thanks!

Great beginning...can't wait for some more chapters...

Chapter 2 has just been posted, my dears. Enjoy!

I am drawn into their happy world. Am I wrong to sense that something will change drastically? Good chapter. I want more as usual, Sophie. I always want more!

Hmm..agree with lucy, this happy world is too perfect. Is something brewing?

....Hmm..agree with lucy, this happy world is too perfect. Is something brewing?......

I totally agree! I was thinking that exact same thing wondering what in the world could have happened in this "perfect" time and place. Elizabeth and Helena really get along so...hmmm...I cant' want until we finally see what turns out!

I'm still wondering over the weird attitude Helena has,
in any way - I love this story, it sounds so full of promises with excitement°!

Can't wait for the next update :)

Ooh, this one might give me heartburn. Bring on the tums and the next chapter!

Hmm don't know what went wrong, but here's the announcement again:

chapter 3 is up!

This story is getting so intense. I can bearely stand it. So the wife is dead and there was an affair. WOW! Please post soon.

This just keeps getting better & better. I loved it from the start but now.....

I look forward to finding out what is the truth and what are the rumors. I know you will keep divulging more. Thanks for the wonderful chapter, Sophie!

Wow, Greatness...Cant wait to read more! Thanks.

Darcy as dirty rotten cheater. Hmmmmm... You are spinning quite a web. Must have more.

Yea i am just as surprised (and disappointed) that Darcy had an affair with Lizzy, a young innocent nonetheless! but then it was pretty strange that his wife was encouraging him to befriend Lizzy at the party when they first met, then even to the extent of inviting her to join the family outings! Anyway, am still loving your story, Sophie, look forward to your next update! :)

"Oh Jane, the night he returned something quite dreadful happened. Helena Boscawen-Darcy killed herself.".....WOW....what the heck is going on??? I agree with the above commenter; I'm very interested to know why Helena befriended Lizzy when she knew (had to know) Darcy was "into" Lizzy. Hmmmm....can't wait for some answers....:)

although...it doesn't give him the right to cheat...

My dears, chapter 4 is up, one day before Sophie's 24th birthday. Many happy returns of the day, dear friend.

Here's a yummy Mr Darcy for you!

Photobucket

He's welcome to join my birthday celebrations anyday.

T may have something to say about it though!

Holy Crap! That was HOT!!!

Does the Ice House cool them down any? For some reason, I think NOT...

I am mixed about this couple as I love everything about D&E and yet, Helena is a good woman. (Its not like she is Caroline Bingley and I could understand Darcy looking for something better.) Helena has allowed, nay, encouraged a friendship with this young woman between her herself & husband, invited her into her family circle, and entrusted herself to Darcy in marriage and birthed his 3 children -- only to be deceived. It makes me wonder why she seems willing to look away at what is clearly happening in front of her. Yes, there are attractions and passions that we all encounter but with that we all make choices. Obviously D&E are going to make a cheaters choice if they end up in the Ice House -- not that they havent all ready, by allowing such an alliance to grow. Man, I feel like Mary Bennett moralising here, and if Helena ended up killing herself because of this, then they must rot in their in own guilt. I always cheer for D&E to overcome obstacles so that they will always end up together-- but in this case, they deserve it if they don't end up togther. I guess I could look at this as if their love is on a higher plain and above earthly laws, but cheaters are cheaters. Still I am totally sucked in by the story regardless of my aversion to their liason. Evidence of a gifted story teller. More please.

I'm feeling the same as Christine. This is such a terrible circumstance....I don't know what could make the scenario palatable. Perhaps I could understand if William and Helena had an unpleasant, unhappy relationship, but how can he profess to love Helena, even sit and play with her hair while he stares lustfully at Elizabeth? It is incomprehensible to me. Is it a man thing? Helena has been utterly kind to Elizabeth but perhaps, in a way, she has been unkind, too. She should not have been so inviting to Elizabeth sensing the profound attraction her husband holds for her. Elizabeth was only 18 years old...a child yet, really, at least in affairs of the heart. Helena seems to have deliberately introduced a romantic conflict into her marriage. She seemed to understand the moment William locked eyes on Elizabeth. What could she have been thinking? The excuse that she was lonely and wanted a friend doesn't ring true. She is at her childhood home....it seems odd that she has nobody to be her friend.

I don't despise Elizabeth and William, what they feel for one another is obviously intense and painful for them both but I don't understand William's relationship with Helena. How could Elizabeth ever trust that his feelings wouldn't change about her after a while....When will the next unexpected passion walk into William's life? He experienced love at first sight with Helena, love at first sight with Elizabeth...who will be next?

I have to compliment you on your writing, Sophie. This is such a challenging story and you don't flinch. Despite my disappointment with Elizabeth and William I still feel compassion for them. This attraction they feel for one another has brought them only pain and has literally destroyed lives. I don't know whether or not they can ever truly be happy together knowing that it would be a stolen happiness. You are very, very brave!

My apologies, Christina, for misspelling your name!

I have to agree with Christina and RitaSV. It all just seems so weird, why would Helena stand back and watch was is certaintly before her eyes. I think there is something more than what's on the surface.
What a cliff hanger to leave us on! Ugh! I like the writer's way to make me sit on edge for the next chapter...

I have to agree with Christina and RitaSV. It all just seems so weird, why would Helena stand back and watch was is certaintly before her eyes. I think there is something more than what's on the surface.
What a cliff hanger to leave us on! Ugh! I like the writer's way to make me sit on edge for the next chapter...

I can tell you how it is realistic because I’ve been there, done that, and bought the Tee Shirt. I knew it was happening with my best friend, but felt helpless to do anything about it because first of all, you don’t want to believe your husband, whom you thought loved you deeply and whom you are in love with, would be doing this. We had the relationship where I thought he could dance with other women (my friend) and I was not threatened, because I was so confident in our love, but things happen. This story is very true to life. There is an old song that says it so well. It’s called The Tennessee Waltz.

Sophie, it is a very well written story and has many truths imbedded in it. Perhaps Helena is mentally unstable, but at this point she doesn’t appear to be. However, the pain of an unfaithful husband can cause you to lose it just a little.

I will say this. My ex is on his third wife and he is not faithful to her either. He even tried to enter into an affair with me when he was married to wife number 2.

Sophie,

One word: fabulous!

Roselle

Nice....I just keep wanting more, more, more! What did Elizabeth mean that she had to stop him?

Another wonderful compelling chapter, Sophie! Pls post soon!

Hey there, just stopping by to re-read the last chapter...hoping for a new post :)...I'm not at all adverse to begging..... I hope all is well with you and that you are able to post soon. :)

Chapter 5 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Wow, cant wait for more. I was checkin the site daily for this update. It didnt disappoint! Thanks.

My mind is so twisty turny over this story...I like it (don't get me wrong, I really like it), but the way it's going it just seems like it's going to be so so sad. I can't wait to find out what happenes in the long run. Please post soon... :)

MORE MORE MORE!! This is one of the best stories I've read in a long time!

Bravo! More please

Oh Sophie dearest how I'm missing this story.
Would love a new chapter soon Please.
Geri

Please post more soon!

I'm really missing all the updates on this site, it's got to be one of the best JAFF sites on the web, please, please post some updates for the fantastic stories on here like The Ice House - I need some FF

Thank you, dear Diane, for your compliment. I'm terribly sorry that there aren't so many updates at the moment, but Ellen will soon post a new chapter, and I'm expecting some goodies from other authors soon as well.

I miss Sophie's too, but I bet that this Christmas vacation will give her a bit time... and inspiration.

Chapter 6 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Woo Hoo! You're back for the New Year!
And Boo, so is Wickham!
So many questions! William's past, Helena's craziness and Wickham's involvement....
Hope to see more very soon.

Oh my! What a chapter!! My heart is still pounding! my nose was two inches from the monitor and I had my reading glasses on for this one. And it did not disappoint! This is a classic in the making. Thank you Sophie for a wonderful story!!

Wow how you have turned the tabels. I never saw any of that coming. Was it Helena that knocked out William and locked Lizzy in? How are they to get out? Will Helena have hung herself by then? Or what.

She is truely a sick woman.

Thank you for the update Sophie and Happy New Year

Yeah!!! your back!!!!! what a chapter!! Cannot wait for more!

Happy New Year

Teri

I swore I would wait until this story was finished to read anymore, but I'm hooked! When I saw chapter 6 was posted, I could no more resist reading it than I could have stopped breathing.

I'm afraid I can't moralize on William and Elizabeth's behavior. Yes, adultery is wrong, but I want them to be together so much.

Wickham has inserted himself in their lives. My guess is that Elizabeth is in immediate danger from him. What will he tell her about William? What will he do to her physically? What part did he play in Helena's death? Who knocked Darcy out and then locked him and Elizabeth in the ice house? Somehow, I think Wickham is behind all that.

I am so hoping for another chapter soon!

I am so hooked on your story. I do hope you post again soon.
Steph

OMG Sophie what has that crazy woman done. I was expecting there to be a simple answer to Helena's death, like finding Liz and Will together and her falling backwards into the Ice House to her death. But this... she is one manipulative b___h. Excuse my french. WoW this story just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait for more. Thanks so much what a great New Years surprise.

1 2 3