Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What do you think Darcy's Astrological sign is?

proclamation:This is just for fun.

The first time I read about astrology, was out of curiosity. I know some people see it as something false and superstitious. I myself have not any clear idea about it but have been amused repeatedly by some attributes given to my sign. Amidst delves into astrology world, I find Darcy's characteristics in one sign.

I think he cannot be anything other than Scorpio. Some of the things Jane Austen wrote about Darcy, seem to come right out of astrological texts describing Scorpio.

I'll attach some of descriptions:

...They are serious folk, but quite charming to people they like, and when social events call for it. Their tragic flaw is their immense pride. Once wronged, once Scorpio's pride has been diminished, the game of courtesy is over.

...Their sensitivity, and pride allow them to be easily hurt, quick to feel insult or injury, and easily roused to heights of anger. An angry Scorpio is a sight to see. Unlike Leo, who can have a temper tantrum and five minutes later be quite himself again, Scorpio seethes, and doesn't give it up.

...They tend to be rather sure of themselves, sometimes a bit too much so...They will nevertheless be pushed to question themselves deeply when things do "blow up in their face".

... Scorpians can be amazingly protective of their close ones and be ready to go to extreme lengths for them. They may make great sacrifices for their family and friends.

...The Scorpio male is said to be the epitome of the strong and silent type...although he is never at a loss for words on the right occasion. Intensely emotional yet reticent in his expression of affection, others should not be misled by this man's apparently thick skin. At heart, he is a sensitive soul.

...In their everyday behavior they give the appearance of being withdrawn from the center of activity, yet those who know them will recognize the watchfulness that is part of their character.

...Their sensitivity, together with a propensity for extreme likes and dislikes make them easily hurt, quick to detect insult or injury to themselves (often when none is intended) and easily aroused to ferocious anger. This may express itself in such destructive speech or action that they make lifelong enemies by their outspokenness, for they find it difficult not to be overly critical of anything or anyone to whom they take a dislike.

...They are too demanding, too unforgiving of faults in others, perhaps because they are not aware of the shortcomings within themselves, and extravagantly express their self-disgust in unreasonable resentment against their fellows.

some other general characteristics:
Intense/Powerful/Determined/tenacious/persevering/Emotional/sensitive/Calm but seething/Reserved/ withdrawn/Secretive/Deep/profound/Passionate/Loyal/devotional/Ambitious/Extreme/Willful/ fanatical/Mysterious/magnetic/deeply resentful/ brooding/passionate/resourceful/persistent/stubborn/

So,What do you think?

Re: What do you think Darcy's Astrological sign is?

This is fun, Sahar, and I think you're right, Darcy could very well be a scorpio. Strong personalities. ;)