Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Joana S' Steady To His Purpose

I avoid WIP stories like the plague being far too impatient to endure a wait for an upcoming chapter PLUS I can't remember details from one chapter to the next if there is a delay in between.

Sooooo - I waited and watched this story being posted, but didn't indulge (well, maybe I peeked a bit) until it was entirely posted. Now I have just finished it and can only say that it was well worth the wait.

Clever is certainly a word that comes to mind - the intermingling with characters from S&S was very fun (loved the image of Darcy and Brandon swapping stories over a brandy

Joanna's characters were true to Jane Austen's versions and the story was a nice mix of drama, romance, humor and some adventure.

Thanks for your efforts, Joanna and to Renee for making it possible for all the stories to be shared with all of us.

One final note - with all the economic turmoil in the world these days, the fan fiction stories are a wonderful escape!

Such a lovely, lovely story. I've been reading it over the holiday break--it's been just the thing I needed amidst the chaos and noise, an oasis of sweetness and setting to right. The story does begin with considerable angst, of course, as Darcy is so steady to his purpose of avoiding his feelings for Elizabeth. But that makes it all the sweeter when they come together. Joana, you have used and rearranged the words of JA with exquisite taste and judgment to create your re-telling. Many thanks for hours of delight.

this was indeed lovely. I'll hvae to admit skimming some, as it was rather long and I need my sleep, but your descriptions of all the bennets and dashwoods and darcys were quite fascinating, and it was good to see both Lydia and Wickham doing some sort of good for once ;-) and I very much like the redemption of kitty.
do keep writing.
rhie

that was a beautiful story i almost cried reading it thank you

This is such a cute story. I admit, it doesn't have the spice which makes P&P so endearing, all the Darcy and Elizabeth bantering and misunderstandings.=D But its a fantastic what-if version. I like the fact Elizabeth runs the estate, but certainly, it is humiliating to discover Darcy's "pity".
I thought she would've slappe him for sure lol! I always thought mary and Mr Collins would make a good match lol, but he way too pompous and certainly eyed the prettiest girls before finding that his suite to the good looking girls may be harder than he thought.

I wonder if there are any stories in which Elizabeth is independant of through her own will, and intelligence/courage. That would make Darcy regret her even more, I'm sure ELizabeth would have survived very well, despite those awful times for women, if Darcy never came into her life. The question is how?

Anyway thanks for the good read.=D