Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Ice House by Sophie

Thank you, dear Diane, for your compliment. I'm terribly sorry that there aren't so many updates at the moment, but Ellen will soon post a new chapter, and I'm expecting some goodies from other authors soon as well.

I miss Sophie's too, but I bet that this Christmas vacation will give her a bit time... and inspiration.

Chapter 6 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Woo Hoo! You're back for the New Year!
And Boo, so is Wickham!
So many questions! William's past, Helena's craziness and Wickham's involvement....
Hope to see more very soon.

Oh my! What a chapter!! My heart is still pounding! my nose was two inches from the monitor and I had my reading glasses on for this one. And it did not disappoint! This is a classic in the making. Thank you Sophie for a wonderful story!!

Wow how you have turned the tabels. I never saw any of that coming. Was it Helena that knocked out William and locked Lizzy in? How are they to get out? Will Helena have hung herself by then? Or what.

She is truely a sick woman.

Thank you for the update Sophie and Happy New Year

Yeah!!! your back!!!!! what a chapter!! Cannot wait for more!

Happy New Year

Teri

I swore I would wait until this story was finished to read anymore, but I'm hooked! When I saw chapter 6 was posted, I could no more resist reading it than I could have stopped breathing.

I'm afraid I can't moralize on William and Elizabeth's behavior. Yes, adultery is wrong, but I want them to be together so much.

Wickham has inserted himself in their lives. My guess is that Elizabeth is in immediate danger from him. What will he tell her about William? What will he do to her physically? What part did he play in Helena's death? Who knocked Darcy out and then locked him and Elizabeth in the ice house? Somehow, I think Wickham is behind all that.

I am so hoping for another chapter soon!

I am so hooked on your story. I do hope you post again soon.
Steph

OMG Sophie what has that crazy woman done. I was expecting there to be a simple answer to Helena's death, like finding Liz and Will together and her falling backwards into the Ice House to her death. But this... she is one manipulative b___h. Excuse my french. WoW this story just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait for more. Thanks so much what a great New Years surprise.

SPANGST! ("severe pangs of angst"--that is the word coined by JanetR over at 50M.) Good grief, does that word ever apply here! Good going Sophie. Way to keep us chewing on our nails thru the new year, regardless of what our resolutions might have been...

Saw chapter 6 and read it so fast I'm out of breathe! So many questions, cannot wait for more!

Although Helena's paranoya is getting much more transparent, I still cannot stop thinking that Will and Lizzy cheated on her... and I look forward to keep reading...

Hell certainly hath no fury like this woman scorned! At these temeratures Darcy could die of his injuries. Of course, we know he doesn't, but is this what Helena wants? Is she preparing to kill the children too?
Please don't have us wait too long for the next chapter; I am deeply unsettled!
Thanks, I think,
JulietR

OMG! I am loving this story!! please please please post again soon.

That was a fabulous chapter, Sophie! George Wickham and Helena's revenge all at once. Scary and fascinating at the same time!

I can't tell you how delighted I am to have finally found this story!!

Things have gotten really scary! I wait to see what comes next!

When do we get more?!?

They must be frozen by now!!!

Sophie, we miss you!

Chapter 7 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Sophie, It was great to here from you. Oh how I hate Wickham, he's always causing trouble. Thank you for an update I'll be looking for more.

Another extraordinarily powerful chapter to this disturbing story.
Clever poison from George, as expected, but I have a nasty thought; could it possibly have been George who attacked William?
We still don't know what happened to Helena, but I can't bring myself to think William could have killed her except, just possibly in self defence or in protection of his children.
Please, please don't leave it so long before another chapter; this story is just too godd!
Thanks
JulietR

Sophie, thank you for the fabulous chapter. so much drama in the past and the present. I love it! I hate Wickham and hope that this is going to lead to a happy ending but not too soon, please!

Did I miss something because I have never doubted that it was Helena. Could it be that she was having an affair with Wickham? I so missed your story! I love this dark side of both Elizabeth and William.

Lorena

Ok anyone else wanna kill Wickham??? The Bastage!!!

Thank you thank you thank you a new post.

Wickham argh what a rat b*strd. Were he and Helna in cahoots? Or did he do it alone? Why doesn't Lizzy talk to Darcy COMMUNICATION argh

Please more soon
Geri

Sophie - what a story! I was a few chapters behind, what a delight to catch back up.

Wow - I don't know what to think or how they will work everything out. Did Helena have an affair with Wickham during the marriage? I want to know all of Wickham's tale.

Please say you are working on the next chapter.

Thank your for such an interesting and suspenseful story.

OK, is anyone else besides me irritated with Elizabeth for not talking with Darcy about what Wickham told her? I think that Wickham is the one who knocked out Darcy in the ice house, and then locked the door on them. Did he have anything to do with Helena's death? Or is he simply angry that she killed herself while Darcy lived? Elizabeth tends to run away in this type of situation. She doesn't communicate with Darcy; instead, she acts as though she believes the words of a stranger more than the man she professes to love. Sometimes, I just don't get her!

Please tell me that we will not have to wait to long for the next chapter. However I am sure that next post will be worth the wait, I don't think my nails will appreciate it

Good chapter and good comments from my fellow posters! I never thought of this before but are all Darcy's children his? Hmmm...

Cant wait for more!!!

Once again Sophie you have done us proud!! wonderful chapter, such a shame it came to an end so quickly!!

Please hurry with the next chapter and the rest of the story!!

Darn Wickham! hateful man! Like everyone else I'm now wondering if the children are Darcy's??? hmmmmmm

I know what Wickham said to Elizabeth must have been a shock but how could she believe any of it. How could she listen to a total stranger/a stalker and not ask William about the circumstances. Did she ever think about how Wickham knew who she was? Had he been following her? Think girl!

Was it Wickham who locked them in the Ice House to die? Was this revenge for Helena choosing William? Did Helena kill herself because William wanted a divorce? And how did Wickham know of the affair!

Sophie, it was very sneaky of you to not give us the details of Wickham’s story.

So many questions! Please come back soon!

Thanks for all the comments. I do very much appreciate them all. I also appreciate that I'm missed when I take so long between posts. I apologise. But as I'm on holiday this week, I've spent quite a bit of time working on this story.

Lizzy does have a tendancy to walk away from things doesn't she? And what has Wickham told her exactly? Nasty man that he is. Poor William, always the victim.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too long before chapter 8 is ready - I am writing it now. Just taking five minutes to get myself prepared to write the next chunk. As I think most of you can tell, a storm is brewing and as such this chapter is going to be fun not only to write but an interesting read also. I think listening to the Dark Knight soundtrack is helping me get into the sinister mood required for this story.

Anyway, thanks again and I hope to get another chapter of this and Sym. 2 ready for next week. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Sophie that they are finally out of that ice house... I couldn't bare having them one day longer inside....

Well, out of jocke now, thank you Sophie for posting and working on Chap 8. Although in the beginning I was not for this illicit love-affair, I must confess that it puzzles me as how the story is going to unfold and I cannot stop looking forward for more...

Just wondering if there is any update on Chapter 8?? I'm sooooo excited about this story then when its complete I'm going to print it all off and take it on my holidays!!

It's been way over a week now since there was supposed to be a new post. I'm getting anxious! I can't wait to find out what happens! I hope you post soon!!

Missing this lovely story. Hope everything is ok...

Chapter 8 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Sophie, that chapter was wonderful! So sad, so moving, and so terrifying for both of them. You did a marvelous job of showing two shattered lives.

Oh My that was intense, Will has been through so much I don't blame him for getting upset. Lizzy should be ashamed of her self. Thanks for that Soph as always I'll be looking for more.

WOW!!!!

Oh how I feel for the both of them! Lizzy is a silly girl isn't she?

When will chapter 9 be ready? Please say it won't be long
xx

Goodness Sophie, what a wonderful, emotional story.

For me Elizabeth deserves all of William’s anger. To believe Wickham after knowing him only an hour is unforgivable. Elizabeth still has a lot of growing up to do. And does William still have some anger and guilt he’s holding on to?

Can’t wait to see how you resolve this.

Wow, Sophie, this was such a hard chapter to read. I can't see how you can ever get them back together again with all the anger and guilt they feel. I don't blame Darcy for walking away from her after she believed a total stranger, and accused him of killing Helena. My feeling is that Wickham killed her. I don't believe she would have killed herself. I also don't believe Helena knocked out William, or locked them in the ice house.

At this point, I'm not sure Elizabeth deserves William, but at the same time I don't want them paired with anyone else.

This was raw and savage; two people hurting so badly, so consumed with unresolved guilt that all they can do is hurt each other.
I'm afraid I blame them both, and pity them both. William's words after the funeral were believable but terribly cruel.
He was an hour late to meet her when he planned to propose to her, leaving her open to Wickham's poison.
I'm not entirely surprised she feared he had killed Helena. After all, they really hardly know each other.
I do wonder where you are taking us with this story and how you will resolve it. The moral ambiguity is uncomfortable but I am completely hooked.
Thanks
Juliet

I was just wondering if chapter 9 will be up soon, I'm totally hooked on this story!!

Thanks

Emma

Oh please please post soon! I'm dying to know what happens next!

Sophie where are you! We miss you!

I know I know, being a bad author again. Fingers crossed I shall get plenty of writing done soon. Have had a hectic few months and we're adopting some cats at the moment too so I'm piling even more stuff on! Haha!

I aim to get it finished before too long - just need to sit down and think about it! Too many good stories to read too.

Thanks for checking though. I feel loved.

*knock* *knock*

Knocking on the door of the Ice House... Anybody there?

I wish for an update, dear Sophie, or are you too busy practicising for the race for life? In that case you're excused, of course, but after that...

I've been running lots recently. Tired now. Been very warm for a run so we went before dinner (we call it tea in West Yorkshire) and then had a BBQ - just me n Tom.

Life very hectic. We've adopted two cats - complete nutcases. I'm marking for a big exam board at the mo and I'm launching a new A-level in September at school so. I know I know, excuses and all but I promise, as soon as I find time to work on both the stories, I shall.

Thanks for asking though!

1 2