Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ellen G's Silver Dust

heeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Here it is, my dears, chapter 19 of Ellen's smashing Silver Dust. Enjoy!

Yipppppeeeeeee....the whole world aka Mrs B and Caroline B, now knows that they are engaged ....I am glad that Darcy endearingly informed Caroline dahling...and not Lizzy...Bravo bravo..

I love it

Thank you

I'm surprised Caroline only shattered one glass! Great chapter but they all have been womderful. Irene

Oh man! What a chapter! Darcy is da bomb!! AM glad that Darcy has impressed Lizzy's family and declared his engagement to Caroline Look forward to more soon, Ellen! Thanks for another great chapter!

Ellen, Renee so glad to see update, great chapter, thank you!
I loved how Darcy told Caroline, short and to the point! I'll be surprised if there's a glass left!
I think the ease of this Darcy and Lizzy (since they delcared to each other) is what I'm liking the best! Now on to Lydia>>>>
Theresa

Yippee! Great chapter and what a great parting shot Darcy left for Caroline "Elizabeth Bennett and I are engaged", poor Caroline and poor Lydia. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Welcome back Ellen!
And thanks for a great chapter!

Great plotting! I'm glad I wan't within earshot of the saloon. I think the air just turned blue!
Thanks
JulietR

Yay! I'm so glad that Mr. Bennet accepted Darcy more easily than I expected. I also loved Caroline's reaction to the news of Darcy's engagement. Thanks for such a wonderful chapter, Ellen! Thanks, Renee, for posting it!

Well he told Caroline Hopefully she doesn't cause trouble while Darcy and Charles are away. Mrs B back to kiss ass.

Loved the chapter Ellen, more soon? Please
Geri

Of course, I loved the whole chapter. But the ending---that was divine! I am so glad Darcy is taking Charles along. Lydia might listen to him!

Yay, a new chapter at long last! It was a good one too, with Mr. Bennet showing some intelligence and trusting in Lizzy's judgement at long last.

Plus Darcy got to tell Caroline of his engagement in this version. Good thing he ducked out the door as soon as he did! :)

I have been waiting avidly for another chapter of this story. I just love the toughness and passion of this Elizabeth, and how this D&E just ignite when they are together. Might we hope for the gift of another chapter before Christmas

Loved this chapter, hopefully we will have another {or two} before Christmas. D & E sizzling that's what I like.

PS. Nothing to do with story - but does anyone know what has happened to the hyacinth gardens website????

Hi Diane,

Nobody knows so far what's happening to the HG. The site is down for over a week now.

For questions such as these we have a special thread, BTW, here's the link

I have already started working on Chap 20, and while I'm hesitant to promise anything, I hope to have something wrapped up by Christmas.

Cheers!

You're so good to us, you lovely woman you!

I enjoy this story so much. I love that Will is the hero going to rescue Lydia and in this adaptation Elizabeth knows it.

I'm looking forward to your next post. How 'bout a little lovin' in it????

Ellen, Chapter 19 was great! Loved the ending of that glass being thrown at the door, no sympathy for Miss Bingley here. LOL

I am all excited to what will happen in Reno. Please don't take to long to post Chapter 20.

Please don't take to long to post Chapter 20.

You'll be happy to know that Mrs. Darcy has Chapter 20 in her hot little hands. My holiday gift to everyone! (Although after reading it, perhaps some might disagree....)

This is fantastic news, luv. On my way to my mailbox!

Does this mean possibly as early as tomorrow? Yee haw
Geri

Here you go, my dear visitors, chapter 20 is up. Enjoy!

Oh no!!!!! Why Lizzy why did you follow Wickham? I hope she did pack the colt somewhere under her dress! Caroline is some sour grapes indeed, but at least she's not venom ;) Can't wait for the next chapter, Ellen!

Ellen G, I am one of your biggest fans--but why would Lizzy ever trust Wickham to go off riding alone with him? I know she loves her sister, but this is a boneheaded move that even a concerned sister would see as leading to more trouble for both of them. Isn't she going to tell someone of her plans--even that awful Miss Bingley maybe? That's probably not a good choice, but someone??? Or, not go, but wait and watch and track him surrepticiously. I mean, she does not even have a gun with her--my nerves are all aflutter!

Eeeekkk...you have no compassion on my poor nerves. Here's to hoping Darcy finds her before Wickham even gets to try anything at all. Please don't keep us long in suspense. I love this story to bits - I love westerns!

Oh my! At first I thought Wickham might trade Lydia for Lizzy but if he thinks she's pregnant what will he do? and I'm surprised at Lizzy for being so easily fooled by Wickham!

Can't wait for more.

Ellen I kept saying Don't go with him Lizzy Don't go with him Lizzy Don't go with him. I tapped the ruby slippers together three times AND SHE STILL WENT WITH HIM. I am so taking these slippers back to the Judy Garland Museum

I'm thinking she is unaware that Darcy has Lydia and is back and Wicky just happened to run in to her and convince her to do the wrong thing. I pray she has her gun under her Dress.

Geri

A gun under her dress so sound like a good idea! I expect she doesn't have one and will have to rely on her wits to escape from Wickham! Caroline is so snarky. I hope she gets the slap she deserves. Thanks for another excellent, exciting chapter, Ellen!

WICKHAM? What in tarnation is Wickham doing in Gold Hill? For some reason I thought he'd been run off.

Lizzy going off with Wickham - This story is scaring me.

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US HANGING!

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,
Julia B

Don't forget, Lizzy is a gal who firmly believes that she "can take care of herself." She doesn't trust Wickham, of course, but she does trust her own wits.

So don't worry...I'm the ultimate angst wimp, and I won't keep you dangling for long.

Happy Chanukah! Merry Christmas! and a Joyful and Prosperous New Year to All!

Quote=Ellen G
don't worry...I'm the ultimate angst wimp, and I won't keep you dangling for long.

Great. I'll be counting the days.

Cheers,
Julia B

Chapter 21 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

OY!!!!! Ok, I know that Lizzy thinks she can take care of herself, but now she's being set up by the master manipulator (thanks to Horace) and Darcy, being the stubborn male macho he is will probably blow a gasket when he sees her in whatever gown she's gonna get poured into....oy, my nerves.....Ellen, please relieve my suffering....

This has taken an exciting and unexpected --and very angsty!!--turn. Which way will Will go, and what will he do if finds Elizabeth all dressed up like a harlot? But that may well be not what happens at all, especially since I would not have predicted what happened when Wickham introduced Lizzy to Mrs. Y and then so easily released Lydia. Is Wickham's real goal humiliating Darcy--with Lydia a disposable pawn?

You have me on the edge of the seat, Miss Ellen--and hanging over a cliff. This is one of those rare times when I am totally uncertain of what may happen next--good job!

Ellen,

The last chapters have been superb! And now we're left with Elizabeth in a very precarious and alarming situation (with foolish and oblivious Lydia). I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter and hoping our heroine is able to handle whatever challenges she meets.

Roselle

I still can't believe Lizzy was so stupid as to go off with Wicky.

Now is it a lie? Did he take Lizzy to the Lone Wolf or is it a trap? Separate the two Darcy and Bingley?
Why didn't they check Mrs Young boarding house sooner? Or is this little house she is in NOT a boarding house? So will Wicky bring Lizzy dress to the Lone Wolf to get Darcy to pay dearly?

ARE YOU really going to make us wait 2 weeks for an update?

Love the story
Geri

Did Lizzy fall off her horse and lose all commonsense. the man purposely rips her dress and she willingly goes off to get another one? She sounds more like Lydia than Lydia does!
My girl has got to have a plan!

My girl has got to have a plan!

Naturally. Remember, this Lizzy is of tough pioneer stock!

And Geri, just because Mrs. Y says she has a boarding house doesn't mean it actually is a boarding house. After all, her dear friend George doesn't have a problem stretching the truth, does he?

Loved it so far....can't wait to find out what happens next? When will you be posting more?

Keep up the good work.

Bex, glad you're enjoying the story. The next chapter is in the works, and I hope to have it posted within a week. But please don't hold me to it...sometimes life intervenes!

Thanks for the recent chapter updates, Ellen! I havent had a chance to read the chapters before today because we were over in Europe visiting all of the Christmas Markets. We had a wonderful time, I highly recommend it to all Americans.

But now back to real life, ugh...

At least we have the stories here to get us through!!!

Ellen, that was a mighty good chapter. I think Wickham has the upper hand but I also think your Elizabeth will do something clever. Maybe shoot him? I like that you are not making it too easy E & D. Keeps it exciting!

Argh!! This Horace has to come and spoil things! Can't wait to see what tricks you've got in your sleeves, Ellen!

Chapter 22 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Thanks for posting another great chapter! You just gotta love that Elizabeth shooting Wickham in the leg too bad it couldn't have been his backside, but I'm sure he wouldn't have turned his back on the dynamic duo for any reson!

Ellen, I am so glad Lizzy did have a gun--had she been hiding it all that time and biding her time because she knew it had only one bullet? How did she hide if from Mrs. Younge when that nasty bit of business was undressing her and hussy-ing her up for Wickham's gambit? Or, did Lydia finally do something decent and slip the gun to her sister in an unguarded moment?

As always, you leave jumping up and down to see what happens next. Let me tell you again how I love the way you write love scenes, HMS or in this case, pre-HMS. You are so good!

Fabulous chapter, Ellen! I loved having Elizabeth shoot her captor. That was a perfect touch. I love having Darcy rescue her but your way was so much better. I can't wait to find out which person from Gold Hill sees her in her current outfit. Thank you so much for posting this treat!

Woo-hoo, Lizzie got to shoot Wickham and Darcy got to punch him out. Both of them have a chance to get even.

I'm wondering who from Gold Hill will see them. Wouldn't it be hilarious if it was Caroline? :)

Lynnie & Lacy, thanks for commenting!

Lacy, Lizzy had the gun under her dress ever since she set out from the ranch. If she couldn't carry her Colt, she'd still be armed! But where the Colt is a six-shooter, the derringer is too small to carry more than one bullet. Still, this makes it ideal for concealing on one's person, hence the term "stocking pistol" or "stocking gun."

Mrs. Younge handed Lizzy the dress and locked the door behind her; there was never any forced contact. I would imagine, in hand-to-hand combat, Lizzy would have won anyway.

And as for HMS... stay tuned!!!

1 2 3 4