Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

No, Malina, not at all! You just didn't know.

Thanks Malena, I have tagged the address and will keep checking in. The admins usually leave a message telling readers why the HG has gone down and when it is likely be back but so far nothing. Again Thanks for the info.
Bobbie

Dear Renée, dear wonderful authors of this amazing website/forum, dear P&P fans,

just before the end of 2008 I want to wish you all a wonderful "jump" into 2009 with a lot of inspiration, as a reader, a writer or a website-manager

And I want to post my question, (that is also my tristesse at the same time): what about those wonderful unfinished stories like, "The ice house", Ebb & Flow", "Going Digital", "Symphony N2", just to mention some...? Are they going to be continued or are we going to be left suffering throughout this cold winter???? (This is the best time to read, when outside it is cold, dark and unpleasant: don't you all agree that a lovely story suits perfectly to a cup of warm tee or coffee or hot schocolate???)
So, dear lady-writers, have mercy on us poor readers and surprise us with lots of new chapters.
All the best to you all.

Darling Maria, wishing you the same and hope to "see" you often in the next year.

Promise, will post the last chapter of Ayden's delightful Ebb and Flow tomorrow! And I will stalk Soph.

Thank you dear Renée for the posts. A wonderful new year gift!!!

You're welcome, my dear, and I bet you've noticed I just posted chapter 21 of Ellen's Silver Dust. Plan to post Malena's next chapter tomorrow!

Happy New Year, Everyone. Hope you all enjoyed the holiday season.

I'm just following up on Bobby's question - does anyone have an update on what's going on with Hyacinth Gardens? I still can't log in to either the main board and as I'm a relatively new user, I don't have access to the back up board either.

Thanks

I was just browsing these inquiries, and have a response to Miche's November query about the forced marriage story where Lizzy gets pregnant and contemplates suicide. I believe it is Abigail Reynolds' The Last Man in the World. It is excellent, although my favorite of AR's stories is Without Reserve, where E is engaged to someone else.

Hi, I have a question that is not necessarily related to fan fiction but kinda. I really love reading the English Regency Romance novels and was wondering if anyone could suggest some fairly recent romance movies set during that time period? Of course, I know the Austen ones and the KK ones but any others would be a great help. The U.S. just does not seem to have them. Thanks!!!

They're not exactly new, far from it, but I think the best 20th century author of historical romance set in The Regency is Georgette Heyer.

They're well written and have a true Regency feel to them.

Thanks Renee, they are available for the Sony eReader so I will check them out but...

I was actually looking for Regency Romance MOVIES...

Anything good out there?

Oh dear, Í read your post too hastily!

Good movies (or TV series) set in The Regency, other than Jane Austen, hm ... difficult. Apart from The Duchess (More Georgian than Regency actually) I'll have to think about it. Victorian is much easier. North&South, Middlemarch and many more... I've just watched an older version of Wuthering Heights and loved it, it has Ralph Fiennes and Juliette Binoche as Heathcliff and Cathy. I love the latest Jane Eyre with Toby Stephens as well.

OK, thanks! Regency romance novels are sooo popular, it is hard to imagine why they do not come out with some more movies set in regency times. Thanks again.

Oh, when I was over on your side of the pond last month, we transferred planes at Heathrow and I bought The Duchess. Read about 1/4 of it on the flight home. As I am sure you know, it is a biography rather than an actual story (which I did not know when I bought it) but it is still good and very insightful!

As I am sure you know, it is a biography

Oh, yes, I do, one of my favourite books. You can read my review on this page.

KayakChick if you look in YouTube you may find some posted there.
For exemple if you look for "schmiclewis" she has some very nice ones posted.

Can any one tell me where I could find Shelby's wonderful "Half Such a Sum"? She only posted on HG and now that the board is not working, I don't know where I could read it. Thanks.
Anita

I'm sorry, I don't know, Anita. Perhaps on the HG backup board but over there no new members are excepted.

Hallo hallo...hola! Happy new year everyone(it's late,I know, I know...sigh)I wanted to know if anyone knew of this fic I read a couple of years ago: in this story, our Darcy was already married (to Caroline B. of all the people!)and when he comes to Netherfield, he and Elisabeth are lovers (or she is his mistress or something like that). While I didn't like the idea of a Darcy ready to compromise our heroine, the plot was quite original and I enjoyed it...trouble is, I can't remember the title or the author but I'm pretty sure it was completed. Can one of you help me?Thanks^_^

It may be Tragedy of a Woman by Daniella.

It may very well be that...but where is it?I've tried austen.com and google but I didn't find it...sorry to bother you all...sigh

Tragedy of a Woman is at DWG

http://www.austen.com/derby/old_2002/danilh1.htm

Unfortunately, Half Such a Sum is not available there either, Mrs Darcy. Only at the HG for real.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!

Hello Everybody !
Happy New Year !!
It is still the time I think...
Do anybody know if Hyacinth Gardens would come back ?...

I dare to come out of my "mousehole" to ask you for something...
What I will go to ask for is embarrassing...
So... I'm a real disaster ! lol
"I wake up" all the time too late...
With my eternal troubles with my temperamental computer, I read far less fanfictions...
Of course, when I saw that the Lucia-Elena's entire oeuvre went to disappear from Mrs Darcy's web site and that I wanted to retrieve it to read it serenely, the deadline was exceeded...
As usual, I was too late...

Renée, "our boss", told us about the return of Elena's fanfictions, but I don't hope any more now...
Could somebody, who would have recovered the Elena's stories, help this "disaster" here present and send them to me, please ?

I would like so much read the ends of this fanfics...
I thank you a lot and I will go at once to console myself with the Malena's story...

PS : Sorry for my bad English...

Dear Quiet

I don't have neither news about the HG nor about Eli's stories. I'll do my best to find out and get back to you.

My dears, I just received word from Eli that her stories are thoroughly edited at the moment and that they definitely will be re-posted eventually. So, isn't that good news? We will only have to be a little more patient.

Hi, hoping someone can help me... I have complete mental block!

I'm trying to remember the name and location of a story... it's a modern setting where after a romantic interlude at Pemberley and subsequent misunderstandings, Elizabeth ends up pregnant and alone thinking that Darcy is not interested. She completes college whilst raising their son alone, then bumps into Georgiana. Fast forwarding she winds up at Netherfield with Jane and Bingley, where she is reunited with Darcy, who also gets to meet his son. Some angst later they everything ends up happily ever after...

Thank you in anticipation!

x

I think that would be "Reflections" by Teg. It is in The Pemberley Library at Meryton Assembly.

Yes, it is Reflections, one of the most beautiful modern stories I have ever read! The link is

http://thedwg.com/derby/oldc/teg1.htm

That's the one.

Thank you Gwendolyn, Maria... I'm off to read it again!

Hola, does any of you know what happened to the fiction 'Assumed Engagement'?I can't find it anymore! :'( pweeeseee...help meeeeeeeeeeeee

I think you will find out here, dear Axiel.
http://www.lulu.com/content/665743

Oh...wow!Thanks for your prompt answer malena. I'm happy for the author and I'm pretty sure the sequel is also being published, isn't it? well, I'll buy this one all right and thanks again^_^

I was reading a story on HG, I can't remember the name of it, I think Darcy was a prince and he couldn't marry Elizabeth, I thought the name was,Some day my prince will come but can't find it anywhere,but it was a wip. Can someone help me?

I think that story was co-authored by three different writers among whom was ballpoint(Kent)but it was exclusive for HG

I trying to remember the name of a fanfic that starts with Darcy thinking of who to pass his mistress off to, I think her name is Antoinette, anyway later in the story Elizabeth is called to help her by the dressmaker's assisstant (a french girl)after she is badly beaten? Any ideas??

Thanks!

" Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

I was reading a story on HG, I can't remember the name of it, I think Darcy was a prince and he couldn't marry Elizabeth, I thought the name was,Some day my prince will come but can't find it anywhere,but it was a wip. Can someone help me?"

It is an HG only story it is being written by the Six Pack (Kent is not one of them but Jack is.) I had asked Jack awhile back if they had any plans to post else where while HG is down. He said not at that time.
Geri

For Hopeless, the story you are looking for is Only For The Deepest Love by MAB. You can find it in the completed stories forum on AHA at meryton.com

AMG
Thank you so much!

ty Geri for helping! i'll just wait for HG to get up and running

Hola^_^here I am again. Does any of you know a story (completed of course!)in witch Darcy and Elisabeth meet before Pemberly while on the road for London and he's having some troubles with his solicitors and she offers him Mr. Gardiner's help? If I remember it was an AU and maybe Rosing never happened and the two of them were forced to share a carriage(not Darcy's). Do you know what's its name and where I can find it? thanks

I think you can find it at Firthness...not sure. I read it too.

I don't remember the name but I remember a few more details. Lizzy is on her way to London on the post. Somehow either Darcy ends up on the post or ends up giving her a ride. During the ride, it when the conversation happens about Mr. Gardiner helping with his business contacts/lawyers.

I believe the story is "Travelling by Post" by Gaby. It's a great story and available at DWG.

hei, that's it!thanks again to all of you for this joint effort to remember this fic...I luv ya^_^

Reneedear, have you ever heard from Lucia? Really miss her wonderful stories.

Like you I miss Lucia's stories too, Irene, but unfortunately I don't have any news. She had the stories pulled for editing reasons, but I don't know whether she will re-post them. Sorry.

I am curious, is HG down permanently or for some other reason? Surely someone here knows the answer?
Also, does anyone know when "The Luxury Gap" will be back up?
Thanks for any input!
Hopeless

I can't answer either question. It's a shame about the HG since there are many stories over there, certainly older ones, that haven't been posted anywhere else.

Hopeless,
This was posted yesterday at AHA
Hello, all:

It's Amber, posting under a different name. I didn't want to seem like I was intruding on another board so I borrowed the name our nephew calls Brian and tacked on my eventual married status.

Anyway, I talked to TPTB here at AHA and they encouraged me to pass along this news.

HG is going to be back by the middle of April, if not a little sooner.

I apologize for the months of silence and for the site being gone for so long.

A

I had no idea, and quite frankly didn't expect it. It has happened so often these passed couple of years that the site was down. However, it's very good news.

1 2 3 4 5