Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
Re: Malena's Parson's Pleasure

taryn
Malena, you teasing woman!
Please tell me Lizzy won't be in Derbyshire while William is at Matlock!

Come back soon with more!

Sooner than you might be expecting!

Fun chapter! I want so much for Darcy to follow his heart but Lady C can be formidable!

Malena
taryn
Malena, you teasing woman!
Please tell me Lizzy won't be in Derbyshire while William is at Matlock!

Come back soon with more!

That us what I like to hear.
geri

Chapter 23 and 24 have just been posted. Enjoy!

Many fanfictions do not assume that Darcy and Lady Catherine's daughter were betrothed "in their cradles," and, indeed, that is often considered a fantasy of the inestimable Lady Cat--though some call it a demented delusion.

In this universe, we find that not only is it so but it was sanctioned by Darcy's father in his will?

Lady Catherine was saying something Darcy did not catch, such was his confusion. He was absorbed in his meditations, trying to figure out how he would extricate himself from the chore his father had laid at his door, for he would not immolate himself at his cousin's altar of love for the world.

Huh. . . well, that certainly puts Darcy in a pickle of a straitjacket, not to mix my metaphors too finely.

And Elizabeth is on her way to her beloved William, only to find out he is the same as Darcy? She will eventually find out, right, although already this mixed-up identities has gone on longer than I might ever have imagined. Richard seems to suggest that Darcy could marry Lady Cat's Anne but then ask Elizabeth to be his mistress? It's to his credit Darcy does not even consider this idea.

I am also surprised to find that Richard, Georgiana's guardian and defacto father, is considered also to be her betrothed--though he intends to wait until she has grown up to marry her. It seems strange to those of us with modern sensibilities--but speaking of sensibilities, Colonel Brandon in JA's S&S was twice the age of Marianne when he married her. So older men and cousin-to-cousin--okay, I get it.

I have no idea of what might happen next. Thank you for your original and compelling vision.

Lacy
Many fanfictions do not assume that Darcy and Lady Catherine's daughter were betrothed "in their cradles," and, indeed, that is often considered a fantasy of the inestimable Lady Cat--though some call it a demented delusion.

In this universe, we find that not only is it so but it was sanctioned by Darcy's father in his will?
Lady Catherine was saying something Darcy did not catch, such was his confusion. He was absorbed in his meditations, trying to figure out how he would extricate himself from the chore his father had laid at his door, for he would not immolate himself at his cousin's altar of love for the world.

Huh. . . well, that certainly puts Darcy in a pickle of a straitjacket, not to mix my metaphors too finely.

And Elizabeth is on her way to her beloved William, only to find out he is the same as Darcy? She will eventually find out, right, although already this mixed-up identities has gone on longer than I might ever have imagined. Richard seems to suggest that Darcy could marry Lady Cat's Anne but then ask Elizabeth to be his mistress? It's to his credit Darcy does not even consider this idea.

I am also surprised to find that Richard, Georgiana's guardian and defacto father, is considered also to be her betrothed--though he intends to wait until she has grown up to marry her. It seems strange to those of us with modern sensibilities--but speaking of sensibilities, Colonel Brandon in JA's S&S was twice the age of Marianne when he married her. So older men and cousin-to-cousin--okay, I get it.

I have no idea of what might happen next. Thank you for your original and compelling vision.

It is difficult to see this arranged marriage issue as sth acceptable in our occidental modern society. But do not forget that to this day many modern societies do have this arrangement and are quite content with it. Take India and Africa to mention only 2. Have you had a look at the film 'Bride and Prejudice'? That Boliwood film brings up this very subject quite nicely in a Darcy Elizabeth context.As to regent times the subject is also brought up in the recent film 'Georgiana' featuring Keira Knighly. Apparently young ladies had been persuaded of the fantasy that that was true love!

Malena, I am so worried that you have something bad planned for E & D so they will not cross paths & not meet in time! The conversations between Darcy & the colonel were so much fun. Yes, they were born to breed...LOL! Your chapters are so amusing!!

lucy6526
The conversations between Darcy & the colonel were so much fun. Yes, they were born to breed...LOL! Your chapters are so amusing!!

Thank you Lucy. All I can ever wish for is to know that readers find my writing as amusing as I do. Thank you fortelling me. It is an author's sole rewarding

Well, I'm sure Elizabeth will have no issue with them marrying straight away, though she might be a bit shock to learn her William is Mr Darcy of Pemberley, but I'm sure she'll be over it.

It really cute that Darcy still act like a parson at times, I wonder if he'll remember the incident by longbourn brook before soon

thanks for the update Malena, though it generally leave me thrist for more.

if we could see darcy and lizzy united soon, much appriciated

Of course Fitzwilliam’s love interest will be Darcy’s Elizabeth. It can only get more comical and complicated from here! And the Matlock’s promoting a match between Darcy & Caroline & Bingley & Anne! Did Darcy hear anything Lady Catherine said about Mr. Collins going to visit his family in Hertfordshire!
This is too funny!

Kiss Anne here!

taryn
Of course Fitzwilliam’s love interest will be Darcy’s Elizabeth. It can only get more comical and complicated from here! And the Matlock’s promoting a match between Darcy & Caroline & Bingley & Anne! Did Darcy hear anything Lady Catherine said about Mr. Collins going to visit his family in Hertfordshire!
This is too funny!

Kiss Anne here!

YEY!!!At long last someone who sees the sign written on the wall!!!

What a tangle web you have woven with Lady Matlock match making. And by the time Darcy does get to Hertfordshire Lizzy wil be on her way to Derbyshire. LOL I look forward to more
Geri

This is seriously a great story! I check in everyday, waiting for the next morsel to be posted! Great choice on posting two chapters - I can barely stand to wait for the rest.

The twist this story has developed has now culminated so many questions: Will Elizabeth and William miss each other and she discover who he is by visiting his estate in his absense? What will Elizabeth's reaction be when she discovers William is Darcy? Will William fix all the wrongs and clear up Elizabeth's prejudices in time, to marry and conceive a baby before the end of the year? Wow, and I have even more questions, but I know this story will not disapoint!

I have I have to say again how fantastic this story is and how much I have fun being obsessed with this fanfic.

tallfleur
This is seriously a great story! I check in everyday, waiting for the next morsel to be posted! Great choice on posting two chapters - I can barely stand to wait for the rest.

The twist this story has developed has now culminated so many questions: Will Elizabeth and William miss each other and she discover who he is by visiting his estate in his absense? What will Elizabeth's reaction be when she discovers William is Darcy? Will William fix all the wrongs and clear up Elizabeth's prejudices in time, to marry and conceive a baby before the end of the year? Wow, and I have even more questions, but I know this story will not disapoint!

I have I have to say again how fantastic this story is and how much I have fun being obsessed with this fanfic.

And I can but be exceedingly grateful to you for letting me know of your pleasure in reading it! HA! An answer in style, is it not?

I'm one of your fans now...really, you keep me coming back!

can't wait for more!

Malena, Hope RL is treating you well. Patiently waiting for updates of your delightful stories. Thanks, irene

Thanks for asking. Both stories will be updated very soon. The chapters need a mere brushing up. But yes, RL has been a bit onerous, so to speak, lately. I caught every single virus that passed by and must keep bed for almost the whole of September. Am better now and back in the saddle again.

Good news! I excited for the next post! I truly cannot see how this will easily be resvoled and I absolutely love this tangent you have taken us on!!

I hope you feel completely better soon - it is just the start of fall now and hopefully this means you will be bug free for the rest of the winter.

Chapter 25 has just been posted, my dears. Enjoy!

Darcy is still slightly befuddled, especially after Bingley's pronouncement about the 'red-haired' lady. Will he see Lizzy soon, I hope! More please irene

Glad to see this story is back with a new chapter. Thank you, Malena!

I waited so long, only to be dash the hope of Elizabeth and Darcy reunion.
I hope Elizabeth give Caroline a shock of her life,
perhaps Darcy would kiss Elizabeth before witness, although, as a parson, Darcy would only kiss her hand, right?
Can't wait for Elizabeth & relatives reaction when learning Darcy is Pemberley Master.
seems like Jane & Bingley might see one another again, unless you have plans for her with someone else, :D.
please write more soon, Malena

Thank goodness for Bingley's intelligent words!

Woohoo! I was delighted to find the next chapter in my mailbox so soon, my dears. Rush over to Malena's pages and enjoy chapter 26.

:(
I want more!

Malena thanks for posting again! I really love your parson's pleasure and your naughty star...Ur sense of humour is very much alive and kicking! U'r such a naughty brilliant romantic comedy author!

May we read more stories from yours!

Lynn

I'm really delighted!

I can't help commenting again, after few minutes! Really excited for more coming surprises! I am aching to see Lizzy's reaction if she will see darcy right at the very front of her. Will she run away or slap him? Will she kick him straight to his face? And what will be of Darcy's reaction?...He may interpret her 'violent greetings' differently. He may think that she found out that, he is the master of the Pemberley after all and she is very much displeased with him, thinking he is a certified liar. Wow! The comedy of error is just getting better and better!

This is it! I'm totally bewitched! I'm badly need of shots--again---any rehab to offer?

Lynn, wow! Am certainly delighted to see your comment!
Perhaps it will help appease your mind to know that am trying to keep Elizabeth in character. So, what do YOU think Elizabeth's reaction can be?

Chapter 26 was so funny. All the misconceptions, Lizzy is heart broken. What will she do when she comes face to face with her"William"? A very large slap and yelling are in store for the Master of Pemberley. More please irene

Oh goodness, Mrs Reynold's has Lizzy believing the worst of our Sweet william. Has Mrs Gardner realized that they were looking at the wrong man once she saw William's portrait?
More please

Poor Elizabeth. Our pleasure is her heart ache. I am enjoying this so much. Thanks for the fun new chapter!

I feel so bad for Elizabeth. She must be a bundle of nerves all inside. I hope she learns the truth soon. To feel the anxiety that she must be feeling learning the one you love is a scoundrel (which of course he really isn't) must be very terrible.

teb

For a man who can be trusted with military secrets, the Colonel has a BIG MOUTH!
I get the feeling my long awaited reunion won't be a happy one!

Hurry back with more!

Any idea when the next chapter will be posted? I am enjoying this very much and cannot wait for more!

Probably Saturday or sunday

Are you still working on this one as well? I sure hope so!

Wendi
Are you still working on this one as well? I sure hope so!

I am

Malena and the parson

Ehi Malena, and now?

Where have you been?

Why aren't you writing?

please, go on!
I'm curious...

Angelica

Am still here.In my country it is scorching hot and I can hardly think in this weather. Will be posting soon, do not worry.It will only take a little rain, though. Perhaps some drumming will do?

Chapter 27 is up, my dears!

Finally, he remembers and she is told. I love that he remembered them 'taking the dip'. It's too bad he mentioned the witch part. This is so good. More please.
teb

Omigosh! Two updates, major revelations in both! And Darcy remembers--and calls--Lizzy "the witch!" Oh, this next chapter should be wonderful. (And I can't wait for Lizzy's revelations in ANS as well.)

Thanks, and merry Chritsmas!

jancat

Poor Lizzy, Talk about confused!
Glad you're back!

I love it...married in 3 days! She is going to be so confused when she wakes up but I hope her fiance will straighten it all out for her. Thanks for the new chapters, Malena. They were so much fun. Especially Lady Catherine!

!

Yay! Thanks for the Christmas presents (new chapters)!

Thank you, girls,
Wendy, am sooo sorry for your triplets' bad stomach! Perhaps too much confeti? When I was 4 I had to be operated on in emergency on 25th of December because I had drunk the elders'drink's last drops that was left in their glasses. It must have been a full glass. Awful thing!
I hope they get well soon.
hugs
Male

the wait was worth it, excellent chapter :D
I could picture Elizabeth fainting, and what Darcy will say to comfort her, but marry with Mr & Mrs Bennet absent? I hope Darcy sent his carriage to Longbourn, and wouldn't that a merry shamble everything would be, the Bennet at Pemberley with the Fitzwilliam family receiving this shocking news from their nephew, and Lady C believed Darcy to have lost his wit, not to mention is highly offended and angry. Are we seeing Wickham again at some point? Who exactly did the Colonel fancy at Rosing, I wasn't quiet sure if it was Jane or Lizzy, but will he be shook.
I'm Glad Darcy remember the incident by the lake, it was one of my favourite, and I'm glad he marrying her regardless, although off course he is too love now to not marry Lizzy.
I like how Darcy still see the Bennet as family compared to his own
please don't let us wait too long next time, Malena

Malena
I hope all is well It has been so long since you've posted either story that i've started to worry about you.

Geri

Thank you for asking. As a matter of fact, it is a combination of facts which keep me stuck. For one, it is summer here and I have a brand new swimming pool and three kids of 22, 19 and 11. You do the sums. My house is a summer club. Kids (everyone's kids) are all day long at home. The cleaning lady quit (in reality she simply stopped showing up) That leaves very little time for writing. The kind lady who used to proofread my work is momentarily(I hope this latter) out of the job which adds to my misfortunes.
But despite all this you will be glad to know that I am making some progress with ANS. I hope to post smth over the weekend.
Thank you for asking again.
love
Male

Here you go, ladies and gents, chapter 28 and 29 of Malena's wonderful "Parson's Pleasure". Enjoy!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7