Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Malena's Parson's Pleasure

Please post again soon Mrs Darcy, for I know that Malena have handed the whole novel over to you

No, no, my dear, you know nothing of the sort! Malena has finished her story, but she keeps the chapters to herself and her betas until it's time to post. And, who knows, that might be soon enough.

Oh, well I must have misread the messages here, sorry Renee, but I look forward to reading the next update all the same

Malena
Oh I see the writting on the wall. If he can't remember anything when he finally comes to. He'll think he is Collins the Parson. The Bingleys have left so they won't identify Darcy as Darcy. The real Collins won't arrive because he naked and dead down in Kent.

So no one knows where he is they will look but they have no reason to believe that he is Hertfordshire. When Wickham finally sees him he could get all sorts of ideas.

You've got my mind spinning with all the possiblities. More please soon.
Geri

This story is wild & crazy. I love Mr. Darcy's attitude. He is amusing and I wonder if he will remember that when he comes to. Thanks for posting so soon. I love that, too!

Hi there.
For you to have an idea of who I have in mind when telling this story, here is a picture of Lizzy as Mr Darcy spied her before she got into the creek, and one of Mr Darcy as he inspected Longbourn.
Lizzy in the creek
Photobucket

I like becoming Jane as well, but since Miss Austen married no one, I thought I like the other guy who propose to her as well as Mr Lefroy, in fact it seems like he was the foundation of Mr Darcy shy character.
I like this Lady Catherine much better too.

Are we going to see more of Darcy & Lizzy by the creek?
Darcy hasn't lost him memory has he? Sure, not one would think he is but Mr Collins, but surely if he told them he was Mr Darcy, surely they would have realise that they were mistaken. I gather from this that Darcy missed the Meryton Assembly as well.

look forward to more update :D

Chapter 4 is up, my dears. You're going to love it, I promise!

what a delicate thing for a gentlemen of Darcy's ..consequence to loose his memory! He could be compromised by any of the sisters and married before he ever knew who he really was. But you have compromised Lizzy first! Very smart of you.

Lorena

what an excellent update,
but pray keep Mr Wickham away from Mr Collins
and let the Netherfield party return only when Lizzy and Darcy marries
I never thought I see the day when Mary would gladly marry this perfect stranger in the morning, shall she no longer read sermon?
What uproar would be should Darcy family comes to Hertfordshire to look for him and discover that he is married and cannot even remember his own name
I take it Darcy remembers all his preference yet nothing of his background, better and better
where is Mr Collins btw? is he dead yet? one can only hope

Kitty and Lydia haven't been altered, but Mary enjoying sonnete instead of sermons! Great fun.

What great fun this story is! Brava, Malena!

I am enjoying the invalid's slow recovery but I wish Mr. Wickham was gone! Oh, well...I guess we need him for this delightful story. Keep up the good work!

Poor Darcy having all those girls staring at him. He sure seems to be lapping up all the attention. And then we have Lizzy who "doesn't want to marry him"...but he sure is handsome. Lol! Wish someone had witnessed their swim together.

I see such danger for Georgiana if Wickham finds out Darcy doesn't know who he is? Please let him meeting Wicky make his memory snap out of it.

Can't wait for more you got my mind go wild with all the possiblities.

Ladies! I am sooo glad you like my story.

You are right! Wickham is indeed going to be up to sth when he discovers his foe´s delicate situation.
And there will be quite a scandal at Rosings Park as well!

But there is still a lot to read about Darcy´s adventures among the lesser company of the Bennets.

One thing, though. Lizzy has not been compromised for there were no witnesses of her aquatic meeting. She hates her cousin and will not tell a soul of the happenstance in the creek.
Bye for now, and many thanks for commenting!!!!

Malena, surely you don't mean for Wickham to find out abt Darcy? How could you be so cruel?
Will you at least wait until Lizzy marries Mr Collins?
If by scandal you mean Darcy takes his bride back to Hunsford and Lizzy finds out that her husband is not her cousin, then all is Ace.
Please Mrs Darcy, when will we see the next update?
can we keep Longbourn to themselve for a few more days?

Chapter 5 has just been posted. Enjoy!

OMG, I cannot stop smiling.

More!!!
I love this story and was so happy when I saw another chapter!! yay!
Thank you Malena (and betas, and Mrs. Darcy!) for this wonderful read!

You are a cruel one putting Darcy under the cow. But very funny that like the Bennet daughters minus one the cows preferred him.

Looking forward to Chapter 6

Funniest chapter yet! So females of both species like the man except for Lizzy. Love it!

Well, you may say Hardy, but I see a mixture of Dickens and Fielding in the humor. This is a rollicking tale that has us all in stitches. What does the idiom about fire burning thatch mean? "Azew" is a new one to me, but "nonny-nonny" can be easily deciphered!

I am excessively diverted! There's plenty to enjoy in this chapter, but my favorite is this:

...Then he observed almost in a whisper, "All your daughters are very pretty, madam."

"O. That is very kind of you to say, sir." Sending a quick glance at Mary she added, "Very kind indeed, though not entirely true."

How very like Mrs. Bennet! Thank you, Malena, for brightening my day!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

One of my betas suggested putting Darcy in this kind of humorous situations much in the fashion of "Overboard", the film featuring Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell and I just couldn´t resist.
Love that you all are loving it!

It's pure delight, luv. Thank you for sharing this gem with us.

Malena, your story is so refreshing, so funny...
I'm eager to read the next chapter; will Lizzy be more susceptible to Darcy's charm?

Thank you Malena (and Renée) for sharing this lovely story

Cathy

Love it so far. Keep up the good work...Hope to hear more soon.

Malena, I liked the movie "Overboard" very much and I like your story even more. I'm waiting for more of these inspired hijinks. What will you think of next? Bring it on!

Chapter 6 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Just read Chapter 6, and I am enjoying each chapter even more than the last, if that is possible!

I love the way you take familiar words from both the book and movie version, toss them in a blender, and come up with a concoction both inspired and logical in context.

"Mr. Collins" seems to be finding his real self in his amnesia--and this Darcy is a pleasure to watch. I'm wondering whether Wickham or Lady Catherine--or maybe Mr. Bingley or his sister Caroline--will throw a spammer in the works by telling Darcy who he is before he marries Elizabeth (or am I jumping too far ahead or perhaps inferring an incorrect outcome)? I'm giddy with anticipation. I cannot predict what will happen next, but I feel safe in your hands.

having just atched Tess last week I wondered when I read the previous chpater with the milking if that kissing a shadow line would come into play. Loved it-- so sweet. Looking fwd to your next chapter!

I love the way you take familiar words from both the book and movie version, toss them in a blender, and come up with a concoction both inspired and logical in context.

True!!! This is just that!!!!!

Thank you Lacy and Christina. Hope to continue blending things to your taste!!

Oh with every chapter since Wicky showed up I become more afraid for Georgiana and Darcy's Estate.

I still can't figure out what happened to Darcy's clothes by the river?

Love the story
Geri

Wickham is going to ruin everything, isn't he? I love how the younger girls are gaga over Collins/Darcy. Too funny! I love Mrs. Bennet. She is so funny in trying to be better than Mrs. Lucas.

That is a good point Geri.
Perhaps it reads as though Lizzy never had time to throw them to the river but it is what I wanted to say. My mistake.

I am thoroughly enjoying this story, though I am utterly perplexed about the whereabouts of the REAL Reverend Collins. Its been a month and no word of his condition after being shot and left for dead. Also, isn't Darcy's family concerned for him? Col. Fitzwilliam knew Darcy was leaving for Hertfordshire to "rescue" Bingley, but Bingley is now back in London. Malena, you have me hooked...I just hope you post soon so I can have all my questions answered!

Thank you dear Mimi.
All your questions will be answered soon, sweety, but not in next chapter. You can rest assure that Darcy's family and friends are looking for him. Mr Collins's life I have not saved in vain(for who would want to preserve his life with no purpose?)He will too pop up soon enough.
Delighted you're enjoying yourself and more so that you have told me you are. It means a lot to me!

MimiB writes "I am thoroughly enjoying this story, though I am utterly perplexed about the whereabouts of the REAL Reverend Collins. Its been a month and no word of his condition after being shot and left for dead."

It is a good point, but I find it funny because I really don't care what happens to Collins, LOL. Didn't bother me a bit that we have not heard hide nor hair of him. I figured he was either dead or had amnesia/has been captured by gypsies.

Malena, I hope you will come up with something amusing but I, for one, don't need a lot of Collins (seeing what you have written so far, it's a sure thing you will). meanwhile, I like having Darcy forced by circumstances to spend so much time with the Bennets.

Fear not. I know the readership is varied and I try to let everyone happy, but I have made up my mind to make this story Darcy Elizabeth centered and quite light.
I will make my best to add more humour, and I promise that Collins and all the other secondary characters will be introduced to add just that.

Chapter 7 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Malena, I love how you use the pharses from the original to fit "Parson's Pleasures". joseph

Thank you Joseph. I know it might sound not very creative, but the challenge is to use the same words and tell a different story.

Whew! For a minute there, I was afraid Darcy would end upcompromised with Lydia and have to marry her. Although you have made Lydia in this story a sparkling (albeit silly) delight like everything else, I would hope that is not the direction in which Darcy tends.

Of course, he does know yet he is Darcy. But even when he forgets himself, he seems at his Darciest--doubting, for example, that he could have written the letter actually penned by the Toad but still willing to live up to his duty and keep his promise. So good!

Thank you Lacy. You have become a faithful correspondent! So good you see things in this way. Above all I want to keep him "Darcy", if you allow me the expression.
Lydia reminds Darcy of Georgiana. He would never see a girl of scarcely fifteen as anything else than a girl, regardless of her being the tallest of her sisters.

Melena

Loved the chapter. So now I have 2 fears. 1. Wicky is going to go do harm to Georgiana and take over Pemberley. And now 2. Upon Darcy return to Kent Lay d will take advantage of his loss of memory and say he and Anne are to be married and it is schedule right away.

Lastly everything always happens in three's so I keep wonder whate the third fear you will send our way.

Can't wait please post again soon.
Geri

Ditto to everything Geir said! I am wondering so much about William's future. Lydia is just a pill! Let her practice with the Lucas boys. Thanks for the fun chapter!

Nice try ladies! I am sorry to say that none near home! The bright side is that you will be surprised!!!!
Thank you for commenting, though. I love the feedback

Oh, good to know that Geri and the other ladies are off base because I'd hate to see Georgiana in danger from Wickham (again)! However, as much as I loooove surprises, I am simply impatient for your wonderful posts. Thank you for this terrific story, Malena. Lydia is a hoot; and this new, (almost) pious version of Darcy is beyond charming! How can Lizzy resist falling in love with him?

Cheers!

Mimi

"and this new, (almost) pious version of Darcy is beyond charming!
Wow! That is soo close home, Mimi!
Thank you for commenting. The new chapter will be ready pretty soon, I promise.
kiss

Chapter 8 is up, my dears. This clever story is getting better and better... Mrs Darcy is loving it.

"She was too busy hating him to acknowledge Darcy's partiality, and he was too afraid and confused to act upon his feelings."

I love how you build from there and show them being drawn against their wills to each other--like centrifugal force,LOL. Your use of dialogue from "Mansfield Park" were was inspired, as Elizabeth makes fun of what she thinks is William's profession--this fit so well in the story. In fact, you know how to pull in just the right words and images not only from the book but also the various movie versions and rejigger them to your purposes.

The plot development with Colonel Fitzwilliam thinking a letter from his cousin is a ploy and that Darcy is having a fling in the wilderness--well, I did not see that coming, but it makes perfect sense.

Sorry to go on and on, but your story is so funny and yet so darned logical in its unfolding that I am, as the real William Collins might say, in raptures.

Sorry to go on and on...

My dear Lacy, you are welcome to go on and on as much as you like. In fact, I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to tell me exactly what you liked.

Personally, I particularly like the image I get of Darcy's transformation from demon to dark angel...

Dearest Renee, thank you for your warm words.I am soo happy you are enjoying the story. Hope the rest of it keeps up with the beginning.

1 2 3 4 5