Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ellen G's Silver Dust

Chapter 21 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

OY!!!!! Ok, I know that Lizzy thinks she can take care of herself, but now she's being set up by the master manipulator (thanks to Horace) and Darcy, being the stubborn male macho he is will probably blow a gasket when he sees her in whatever gown she's gonna get poured into....oy, my nerves.....Ellen, please relieve my suffering....

This has taken an exciting and unexpected --and very angsty!!--turn. Which way will Will go, and what will he do if finds Elizabeth all dressed up like a harlot? But that may well be not what happens at all, especially since I would not have predicted what happened when Wickham introduced Lizzy to Mrs. Y and then so easily released Lydia. Is Wickham's real goal humiliating Darcy--with Lydia a disposable pawn?

You have me on the edge of the seat, Miss Ellen--and hanging over a cliff. This is one of those rare times when I am totally uncertain of what may happen next--good job!

Ellen,

The last chapters have been superb! And now we're left with Elizabeth in a very precarious and alarming situation (with foolish and oblivious Lydia). I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter and hoping our heroine is able to handle whatever challenges she meets.

Roselle

I still can't believe Lizzy was so stupid as to go off with Wicky.

Now is it a lie? Did he take Lizzy to the Lone Wolf or is it a trap? Separate the two Darcy and Bingley?
Why didn't they check Mrs Young boarding house sooner? Or is this little house she is in NOT a boarding house? So will Wicky bring Lizzy dress to the Lone Wolf to get Darcy to pay dearly?

ARE YOU really going to make us wait 2 weeks for an update?

Love the story
Geri

Did Lizzy fall off her horse and lose all commonsense. the man purposely rips her dress and she willingly goes off to get another one? She sounds more like Lydia than Lydia does!
My girl has got to have a plan!

My girl has got to have a plan!

Naturally. Remember, this Lizzy is of tough pioneer stock!

And Geri, just because Mrs. Y says she has a boarding house doesn't mean it actually is a boarding house. After all, her dear friend George doesn't have a problem stretching the truth, does he?

Loved it so far....can't wait to find out what happens next? When will you be posting more?

Keep up the good work.

Bex, glad you're enjoying the story. The next chapter is in the works, and I hope to have it posted within a week. But please don't hold me to it...sometimes life intervenes!

Thanks for the recent chapter updates, Ellen! I havent had a chance to read the chapters before today because we were over in Europe visiting all of the Christmas Markets. We had a wonderful time, I highly recommend it to all Americans.

But now back to real life, ugh...

At least we have the stories here to get us through!!!

Ellen, that was a mighty good chapter. I think Wickham has the upper hand but I also think your Elizabeth will do something clever. Maybe shoot him? I like that you are not making it too easy E & D. Keeps it exciting!

Argh!! This Horace has to come and spoil things! Can't wait to see what tricks you've got in your sleeves, Ellen!

Chapter 22 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Thanks for posting another great chapter! You just gotta love that Elizabeth shooting Wickham in the leg too bad it couldn't have been his backside, but I'm sure he wouldn't have turned his back on the dynamic duo for any reson!

Ellen, I am so glad Lizzy did have a gun--had she been hiding it all that time and biding her time because she knew it had only one bullet? How did she hide if from Mrs. Younge when that nasty bit of business was undressing her and hussy-ing her up for Wickham's gambit? Or, did Lydia finally do something decent and slip the gun to her sister in an unguarded moment?

As always, you leave jumping up and down to see what happens next. Let me tell you again how I love the way you write love scenes, HMS or in this case, pre-HMS. You are so good!

Fabulous chapter, Ellen! I loved having Elizabeth shoot her captor. That was a perfect touch. I love having Darcy rescue her but your way was so much better. I can't wait to find out which person from Gold Hill sees her in her current outfit. Thank you so much for posting this treat!

Woo-hoo, Lizzie got to shoot Wickham and Darcy got to punch him out. Both of them have a chance to get even.

I'm wondering who from Gold Hill will see them. Wouldn't it be hilarious if it was Caroline? :)

Lynnie & Lacy, thanks for commenting!

Lacy, Lizzy had the gun under her dress ever since she set out from the ranch. If she couldn't carry her Colt, she'd still be armed! But where the Colt is a six-shooter, the derringer is too small to carry more than one bullet. Still, this makes it ideal for concealing on one's person, hence the term "stocking pistol" or "stocking gun."

Mrs. Younge handed Lizzy the dress and locked the door behind her; there was never any forced contact. I would imagine, in hand-to-hand combat, Lizzy would have won anyway.

And as for HMS... stay tuned!!!

Lucy, Melissa...you posted at the same moment I did!

Glad you enjoyed. I thought it important that this Lizzy was capable of rescuing herself...with a little help from Darcy, of course!

Who sees Lizzy? All will be revealed in Chapter 23!

Thank goodness Lizzy regained some of her smarts! But I wonder what trouble awaits!

Ellen, love the suspense and how you resolve it so quickly. Can't wait for more.

I can't believe Darcy didn't stop and purchase something for Lizzy to wear? But then she would not have been spotted by????? Who?

Next Chapter soon. Please
Geri

I love the way you maintain the tension in this story.
Good for Elizabeth; we always knew she was resourceful.
Thanks, JulietR

Darcy gotta love a gal who can handle a gun!

I cheered when Elizabeth shot Wickham! I love a self-reliant and competent Elizabeth. Thanks for a great chapter.

Abigail

Ellen I'm sure missing your story! Will you grace us with a new chapter soon?
Geri

Geri (and everyone else who's following the story): Thanks for your patience. I've been working on the chapter but have been interrupted several times. After all, one needs some privacy to write HMS... (and today my son's home with the flu!)

I'm going to try to post before the end of the week, because then I'm on vacation. Hang in there!

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaa

Hope the dear son will be better soon!

Don't worry, dear Ellen, we will be waiting anxiously but patiently (if that makes sense at all!) Hope your son gets well soon

Chapter 23 is up, my dears. Enjoy and... don't forget your fan!

Thanks for another great chapter,but it that Aunt Cat lurking in the next one?

Ooooooh! Well done, Ellen! I do not think they could have waited much longer (nor could I, honestly). I loved the urgency, not surprising, with all that unresolved sexual tension (revealing dresses, al fresco swims... gosh! this guys were really needing it by now!)

And now for some good angst again. Though fortunately they will be fairly relaxed now.

Love this story, really

Woowwwiiiiiii..hot hot hot...Is that Aunty Cat or can Ms Caroline be not pleased as well..I don't think it would be Mrs Bennett though ..

Ima

Well now that Elizabeth’s had her man (and he her!) there’s no turning back. Regardless of who is there to voice their displeasure!
And is Mrs. Bennet complaining about the chores her way of welcoming Elizabeth back? What’s she going to do when her ranch hand gets married

Great chapter!

Fabulous chapter, Ellen! I just love this E & D; they're both independent but now know they want each other and aren't afraid to show it. Lady C doesn't stand a chance, especially arriving when she did. Please hurry with more!

amg

Oh good gawd-- the only person who says "seriously displeased" is Lady Cat... here it comes... I am all anticipation. BTW, loved the straw in your fly scene. What a hoot!

Way to go! Lord where is my husband!!!!! Dear Ellen always knows how to build up steam in my tea pot!

Did Catherine make a trip to Gold Hill? Say it ain't so say it ain't so.

I thought when they were at Pemberly swimming they consummated their relationship? Guess it was wishfully thinking on my part.

I hope your little darling is over the flu and that no one else in the family gets it.
Geri

Yes, you write exceedingly well--especially scenes of -- romantic expression. And was that Catherine whose voice was like a blast of cold water at the end?

Backing up a bit, I noted this: "Elizabeth might have been less distressed at her untimely exit from the town earlier that day had she known that Charlotte Lucas, just inside the door of the confectioner's, had been witness to the entire exchange with Mr. Wickham."

I must tell you, it would have saved me a lot of angst if I had known this a few chapters back--but that's the point, right, LOL?

This was just an especially great chapter and I even have to applaud your cliffhanger. After all, you certainly delivered before leaving us on the edge.

Ellen, thank you for the fun-filled chapter! I loved Mrs. B's displeasure because Elizabeth was gallivanting around the countryside and not home tending the sheep. I loved the hayloft, the posse, Charlotte's role in the rescue and just everything. I hope that voice at the end is Cat deB, Caroline, or better yet--both!

Thank you for letting E & D seal the deal. That just seemed so right. I bet it will not stop them from having a steamy wedding night, right? Keep up the good work!

Wooo-hooo, we finally get the HMS we've been dying for! Plus some very good humor and a heck of a cliff-hanger. Well done, Ellen!

i am really happy you posted a chapter. i having been a devoted fan. however, i dont want to write something negative but i was not liking it. after 22 chapters of foreplay the actual act was a let down. he was selfish and in the barn no less. just my opinion dont take it personaly.

Regarding the comment above, I do understand how someone could see Darcy as selfish, but I think it is more realistic that he was stunned by E in essence throwing herself at him and was just overcome with the lust and spontaneity of the moment. I am counting on Ellen to give us another scene where the pair have a little more time and Darcy can show a little more finesse, and he did apologize, after all. I guess I'm just a sucker for that man!

amg

Darcy was the victim of a very powerful force of nature he simply couldn't control. That happens when a man has never made love before, little experience or hasn't done it for a long time... As simple as that. He felt bad about it. Elizabeth however was only puzzled for the fact he felt bad... Why? Because she doesn't know yet what to expect! Apparently she was excited enough to enjoy it all, even without the climax. So, I bet he will make up soon and show her how he can make her even more happier.

So, indeed, it was a realistic rather than a selfish.

My 2p

thank you, great chapter ellen! and i'm looking forward to what lady c has to say, she's one of my favourite bad guys:) and i really liked the scene between e and d, they'd been all over each other for so long, i think it would have been in some way out of character if they'd actually managed to wait until their wedding night. and about it taking place in the barn, i don't know if this is what happens in america, but here in finland it's almost an old countryside romance story must that some romance takes place in a haybarn, so i thought it a very appropriate place indeed:)

First, a big "thank you" to everyone who took the time to comment.

Now, Geri, there were certainly thoughts of consummation on Darcy's mind while they were in the stream, and they were certainly close enough for something to have happened, but the foreman arrived on the scene and spoiled everything.

Which, Mags, is part of the reason everything in the barn was so rushed and, um, unsatisfying to some. As Renee pointed out, Will had been celibate for at least half a year (remember when he refused to partake of Lil's charms? That was way back in Chapter 7, before any of E&D's heavy make-out sessions!) and overwhelmed with the opportunity he had been given, not to mention the memories of his own deflowering in a barn (a very powerful influence). AMG had it exactly right when she said, "I think it is more realistic that he was stunned by E in essence throwing herself at him and was just overcome with the lust and spontaneity of the moment." And it's true that E didn't know any better about what she was missing. But don't you worry none, ma'am; he'll soon set it to rights!

And yes, Anniina, the "love in a barn" theme is very common in the U.S., particularly in the Old West.

On to the angst!

Thanks for another chapter Ellen! I hope your son is feeling better! Love D&E as usual. I can't wait to see what Lady Catherine has to say! Lol. Thanks for posting the chapter, Renee!

I know you already responded--and responded well, IMO
-- to complaints of "Did he have to do it quick and dirty in the barn?"

I just want to add that I found what happened in the barn quite a turn-on. He was so overcome by passion that he could not wait--had to have her now. This is the first of a lifetime of good times for them. Also, you have been building with each physical encounter, so, as much as I liked this, I knew it was a step toward more, longer... If the first consummation is a star-spangled event, then it's hard (or soft) to show it it better and hotter in successive encounters. And while I know fanfiction is about fantasy, some peppering of reality makes it more exciting--first times are never the BEST times, I think.

I think Lizzy was pretty happy to be with the man she loves, and this just paves the way for him to truly blow her socks off.

Lacy, thanks for your spirited and very perceptive defense.

I just want to add that I found what happened in the barn quite a turn-on.

That was my intent, and I'm glad that someone thought so.

You can certainly count on a few "someones"

I don't think he was any more selfish than she was. She wanted it and for her "a girl in jeans" at that time, it just fits the story/her personality.

Lady C. is there, but unlike others who say "oh, no!", I said "bring it on!" This is where Darcy will defend his Elizabeth and declare his love. Perhaps Mr. Bennet will witness that they were naughty and make the wedding happen ASAP: shot gun and all!

Fun story, Ellen. I've enjoyed all of your stories so far.

Ellen & ladies..

Somebody forwarded this link..thought it could inspire you Ellen..

http://superherofan.livejournal.com/409619.html

Ima

1 2 3