Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ellen G's Silver Dust

Geri (and everyone else who's following the story): Thanks for your patience. I've been working on the chapter but have been interrupted several times. After all, one needs some privacy to write HMS... (and today my son's home with the flu!)

I'm going to try to post before the end of the week, because then I'm on vacation. Hang in there!

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaa

Hope the dear son will be better soon!

Don't worry, dear Ellen, we will be waiting anxiously but patiently (if that makes sense at all!) Hope your son gets well soon

Chapter 23 is up, my dears. Enjoy and... don't forget your fan!

Thanks for another great chapter,but it that Aunt Cat lurking in the next one?

Ooooooh! Well done, Ellen! I do not think they could have waited much longer (nor could I, honestly). I loved the urgency, not surprising, with all that unresolved sexual tension (revealing dresses, al fresco swims... gosh! this guys were really needing it by now!)

And now for some good angst again. Though fortunately they will be fairly relaxed now.

Love this story, really

Woowwwiiiiiii..hot hot hot...Is that Aunty Cat or can Ms Caroline be not pleased as well..I don't think it would be Mrs Bennett though ..

Ima

Well now that Elizabeth’s had her man (and he her!) there’s no turning back. Regardless of who is there to voice their displeasure!
And is Mrs. Bennet complaining about the chores her way of welcoming Elizabeth back? What’s she going to do when her ranch hand gets married

Great chapter!

Fabulous chapter, Ellen! I just love this E & D; they're both independent but now know they want each other and aren't afraid to show it. Lady C doesn't stand a chance, especially arriving when she did. Please hurry with more!

amg

Oh good gawd-- the only person who says "seriously displeased" is Lady Cat... here it comes... I am all anticipation. BTW, loved the straw in your fly scene. What a hoot!

Way to go! Lord where is my husband!!!!! Dear Ellen always knows how to build up steam in my tea pot!

Did Catherine make a trip to Gold Hill? Say it ain't so say it ain't so.

I thought when they were at Pemberly swimming they consummated their relationship? Guess it was wishfully thinking on my part.

I hope your little darling is over the flu and that no one else in the family gets it.
Geri

Yes, you write exceedingly well--especially scenes of -- romantic expression. And was that Catherine whose voice was like a blast of cold water at the end?

Backing up a bit, I noted this: "Elizabeth might have been less distressed at her untimely exit from the town earlier that day had she known that Charlotte Lucas, just inside the door of the confectioner's, had been witness to the entire exchange with Mr. Wickham."

I must tell you, it would have saved me a lot of angst if I had known this a few chapters back--but that's the point, right, LOL?

This was just an especially great chapter and I even have to applaud your cliffhanger. After all, you certainly delivered before leaving us on the edge.

Ellen, thank you for the fun-filled chapter! I loved Mrs. B's displeasure because Elizabeth was gallivanting around the countryside and not home tending the sheep. I loved the hayloft, the posse, Charlotte's role in the rescue and just everything. I hope that voice at the end is Cat deB, Caroline, or better yet--both!

Thank you for letting E & D seal the deal. That just seemed so right. I bet it will not stop them from having a steamy wedding night, right? Keep up the good work!

Wooo-hooo, we finally get the HMS we've been dying for! Plus some very good humor and a heck of a cliff-hanger. Well done, Ellen!

i am really happy you posted a chapter. i having been a devoted fan. however, i dont want to write something negative but i was not liking it. after 22 chapters of foreplay the actual act was a let down. he was selfish and in the barn no less. just my opinion dont take it personaly.

Regarding the comment above, I do understand how someone could see Darcy as selfish, but I think it is more realistic that he was stunned by E in essence throwing herself at him and was just overcome with the lust and spontaneity of the moment. I am counting on Ellen to give us another scene where the pair have a little more time and Darcy can show a little more finesse, and he did apologize, after all. I guess I'm just a sucker for that man!

amg

Darcy was the victim of a very powerful force of nature he simply couldn't control. That happens when a man has never made love before, little experience or hasn't done it for a long time... As simple as that. He felt bad about it. Elizabeth however was only puzzled for the fact he felt bad... Why? Because she doesn't know yet what to expect! Apparently she was excited enough to enjoy it all, even without the climax. So, I bet he will make up soon and show her how he can make her even more happier.

So, indeed, it was a realistic rather than a selfish.

My 2p

thank you, great chapter ellen! and i'm looking forward to what lady c has to say, she's one of my favourite bad guys:) and i really liked the scene between e and d, they'd been all over each other for so long, i think it would have been in some way out of character if they'd actually managed to wait until their wedding night. and about it taking place in the barn, i don't know if this is what happens in america, but here in finland it's almost an old countryside romance story must that some romance takes place in a haybarn, so i thought it a very appropriate place indeed:)

First, a big "thank you" to everyone who took the time to comment.

Now, Geri, there were certainly thoughts of consummation on Darcy's mind while they were in the stream, and they were certainly close enough for something to have happened, but the foreman arrived on the scene and spoiled everything.

Which, Mags, is part of the reason everything in the barn was so rushed and, um, unsatisfying to some. As Renee pointed out, Will had been celibate for at least half a year (remember when he refused to partake of Lil's charms? That was way back in Chapter 7, before any of E&D's heavy make-out sessions!) and overwhelmed with the opportunity he had been given, not to mention the memories of his own deflowering in a barn (a very powerful influence). AMG had it exactly right when she said, "I think it is more realistic that he was stunned by E in essence throwing herself at him and was just overcome with the lust and spontaneity of the moment." And it's true that E didn't know any better about what she was missing. But don't you worry none, ma'am; he'll soon set it to rights!

And yes, Anniina, the "love in a barn" theme is very common in the U.S., particularly in the Old West.

On to the angst!

Thanks for another chapter Ellen! I hope your son is feeling better! Love D&E as usual. I can't wait to see what Lady Catherine has to say! Lol. Thanks for posting the chapter, Renee!

I know you already responded--and responded well, IMO
-- to complaints of "Did he have to do it quick and dirty in the barn?"

I just want to add that I found what happened in the barn quite a turn-on. He was so overcome by passion that he could not wait--had to have her now. This is the first of a lifetime of good times for them. Also, you have been building with each physical encounter, so, as much as I liked this, I knew it was a step toward more, longer... If the first consummation is a star-spangled event, then it's hard (or soft) to show it it better and hotter in successive encounters. And while I know fanfiction is about fantasy, some peppering of reality makes it more exciting--first times are never the BEST times, I think.

I think Lizzy was pretty happy to be with the man she loves, and this just paves the way for him to truly blow her socks off.

Lacy, thanks for your spirited and very perceptive defense.

I just want to add that I found what happened in the barn quite a turn-on.

That was my intent, and I'm glad that someone thought so.

You can certainly count on a few "someones"

I don't think he was any more selfish than she was. She wanted it and for her "a girl in jeans" at that time, it just fits the story/her personality.

Lady C. is there, but unlike others who say "oh, no!", I said "bring it on!" This is where Darcy will defend his Elizabeth and declare his love. Perhaps Mr. Bennet will witness that they were naughty and make the wedding happen ASAP: shot gun and all!

Fun story, Ellen. I've enjoyed all of your stories so far.

Ellen & ladies..

Somebody forwarded this link..thought it could inspire you Ellen..

http://superherofan.livejournal.com/409619.html

Ima

*breathe* *breathe*

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!! Thanks, Ima! Consider me inspired. (Too bad my whole family has a snow day today and I've got no time or privacy to write!)

LOL....Mrs D...please dont faint..we need YOU alive & kicking..and Ellen..I am sure you can refer to this another day....

Ima

OH MY! Lizzy and Will sure are a passionate couple. That stern voice at the end of the chapter can only be one character; what in tarnation does Aunt Catherine want now?!

Has anyone heard from Ellen? Its been over a month since the last chapter was posted, and her last message in this thread was on March 2nd. I hope everything is okay. (psst.. to be honest, I'm secretly hoping that there haven't been any more distractions, vacations, snow days, etc to keep her from writing more of this wonderful story ).

And Ima - Thank you very much for that link. Yum!

Cheers,
Julia B

Hi, Julia! Thanks so much for your concern. Chapter 24 is complete and just needs some edits. All things being equal, I should be able to get it to Mrs Darcy tomorrow (Monday).

Excellent news, Ellen! Glad to know you are doing okay and haven't abandoned this story.

Cheers,
Julia B

Chapter 24 has just been posted, my dears. Enjoy!

"Don't you 'howdy' me, young man!" Mrs. de Bourgh exclaimed. "You know I find that expression insufferably vulgar."

Enjoy their conversation, such a cool twist with Lady De Bourgh's visit to Longbourn.

That had better be Richard tackling William!!!

I loved, loved, loved this chapter, Ellen! Especially Darcy saying he wouldn't marry Elizabeth next month. *snort*

Caroline's reaction was priceless, too. Now I look forward to seeing who is the new intruder.

Kathy, that's Will tackling a man, not the other way 'round.

Who could it be??

I just LOVE this story, Ellen! It is so light and witty and sexy in a fun way. I thought your device of having Darcy start off the response to Lady C was very clever and original. I'm not sure who he is tackling at the end, since that doesn't follow canon, so please bring on the next chapter and end the suspense!

Oh,please let it be Richard and not that dastardly Wickham!

I have been enjoying this story immensely and enjoy all your work. Aunt Catherine does not seem to get it, and but for the moment at least, it seems you have sent her hurtling over the cliff. So, who has come knocking this time?

Ellen - I once again got caught up with your tale and you never disappoint. So entertaining and well written.

Now, who did Darcy tackle? Please don't make us wait to long to find out that answer.

Thanks for a terrific story.

I suppose the silver lining here is that its a good thing Aunt Catherine showed up afterall! So Lizzy & Will will now get married in a week, instead of a whole month! I only hope we won't have to wait much more than a week to read all about it.

Thanks Ellen .

Cheers,
Julia B

It could be Denny he's tackling, or his cousin Richard. As long as Wickham's still locked up for what he tried to do to Elizabeth, Darcy can tackle anyone he wants. :)

I loved how Darcy stuck it to Catherine and Carolyn it couldn't get any better.

Ellen any chance for a new chapter?
Geri

Geri, not to worry... I'm about 75% done with the next chapter. I had hoped to finish it this week, but real life intervened. Soon, my dear!

EllenG
Geri, not to worry... I'm about 75% done with the next chapter. I had hoped to finish it this week, but real life intervened. Soon, my dear!

I hope RL ease up some for you soon. For I'd dearly love a new chapter

I am heartily ashamed of myself...making promises I couldn't keep. Sorry! But now that I'm back from our whirlwind college tour (Part Deux), I hope to get back to the business of writing this week. Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

EllenG on April 19th
I am heartily ashamed of myself...making promises I couldn't keep. Sorry! But now that I'm back from our whirlwind college tour (Part Deux), I hope to get back to the business of writing this week. Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

Hi Ellen,
How's the writing coming along? Since the last chapter was posted on March 17th , and L&D were supposed to be getting married in a week.. hmm, let's see.. by my calculations, these newlyweds should be coming up for air by now.

Can you please give us an indication of how many chapters are left to your wonderful story? I know it will be a letdown and I'll be sad when L&D ride off to Pemberley into the sunset. Thanks!

Cheers,
Julia B - Looking forward to the rest of the story!

Ellen, we miss you! I know those college tours are fun but tiring.
Hope to see more soon.

Actually, Julia B, I'm on the last chapter! Sad, I know. And the reason it's taking so long is that I'm writing the wedding night scene. There. That should keep the fans interested while I'm trying to get it finished! Seriously, though, as I told Mrs. Darcy yesterday, I've had more work in RL than I've had in months, and something keeps getting in the way. But I'm so close to completing it, it shouldn't be long now. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

May be this helpstom's tammy

1 2 3