Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tanya's Strange Bedfellows

Thank you so much Nozipo Wobogo for your comment. I too have been frustrated/disgusted by Elizabeth's stupidity to the extent that I don't even care if she and Darcy make up - she doesn't deserve him! I think she needs to suffer a great deal before there can be any sense of justice in a reconcilliation.

I feel I must write in defence of Elizabeth!
What I think moonspinner and nozipo have forgotten is that Elizabeth in this story is very young. She was only 16 when she married Darcy - nearly still a child.
Darcy, on the other hand, is an adult and didn't always act like one in his dealings with Elizabeth.
Yes Elizabeth is willful, young and a bit gullible, and should have trusted Darcy in their row over sordid Wickham and his sordid tale.
But she had every reason to despise and mistrust him for years before they married, even when Darcy began his wooing of her. He didn't make it easy for her to trust him.
I do not think they will, or should, get together for a few years yet, they both need to mature a bit.
Elizabeth has had a lot to cope with in her young life and probably falling in love with Darcy was at the top of that. Something she wasn't expecting.
So ladies, be easy on her!
I absolutely love this story and hope and hope that the next chapter is not long away.

WOW! You've been writing this story for three years????!! When I read that I was amazed! I only started reading it a week ago, and I'm already impatient (:

One of the best fanfics I've read!

Thanks Moonspinner,

Because of my position on Lizzy's attitude, I was expecting some serious "hate mail"! I'm glad someone understands my point of view and you are correct, she doesn't deserve him.

Take care,

Nozipo

Hello Deirdra,

Point taken. The idea overrunning my thoughts is that in spite of her age and their history, there were multiple reasons for her to see him in a different light than the average man. One example would be him not pressuring her to consummate their marriage. The position of women being what it was at that time would make this show of consideration highly unusual. This one fact alone should have been worth millions to one as young as she. The other is her overblown sense of justice in favor of one whom she does not know. Even a child would chose the known over the unknown in spite of past events and especially where the kindness shown to her by both men was equal then. This is gullibility on steroids.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that breaking up her family was a severe step that even one so young would hesitate to take. She could be angry, she could continue to try to convince him to tell her, she could ask him to give her something of what emotion was overtaking him when he thought about it or any number of alternatives. Instead she chose the break-up which was, on it's face, shrewish, mean spirited and vindictive. In Darcy's words, "If ever I was unkind to you, You have since repaid me with interest!" and even Lizzy could "...not deny it." Thoughts?

Take care,

Nozipo

Given all the tender moments Elizabeth and Darcy have shared, it does stretch credibility that her concern for Wickham could ALONE be the reason she is putting up walls. Yes, she is principled and cares for the underdog, but--remember how hot it was in the study when Darcy gave her her first big O. And when he took her to the Liars' Club and disclosed that he does, indeed, love her. How does a girl walk away from that?

I suspect that Elizabeth wants Darcy so much she is afraid. They came together only to please his father. She may be acting shrewish for a woman of twenty-one who has lived in the world and knows something--but SHE is a teenager who really knows nothing and whose strong sexual feelings must be very confusing to her. Sure, she's being silly and she is wrong--but she has no way of knowing that. Even her Aunt and Uncle Gardiner, who think she should go back to her husband, are understandably reluctant to order her to do so, and what other support system has she to discuss her feelings?

Yes, we all want her to go running to Darcy. Personally, I want it so much that I almost forget why she might not--the fear that once she does, the man who so disdained her when they first met again at Pemberley and who before that had fought a duel to avoid marrying her--that man may come back. Wickham's tale just plays into all her fears of not being able to trust Darcy, and the more mightily Darcy turns her on, the scarier is the prospect of surrendering to him.

I think she suspects on some level that he will be waiting when she makes up her mind, and she is finding it easier to wait than to take the leap of faith and just trust him. In other words, she trusts him enough to think he will wait but not enough to just go ahead and say yes. It's like that kiss. She wanted him to do it but didn't know she wanted it--and was even a little angry that he did not just go ahead and do it. Except in this case--more is at stake and she will not let him forcibly drag her home.

Loving (kissing and hugging) is easy, especially when the object is the delicious Darcy. But trust is hard, especially when the object is the cold and proud Darcy. And for this Elizabeth, once she gives in to him, he will be her world. What if she steps into the breach and finds not his warm open arms but abyss? Wickham's whispers have reminded her that she always thought Darcy was capable of cruelty and harshness.

Can she put her life in Darcy's hands--the question is not whether he wants to stay married but whether she should tender him her heart and soul. IMO. Now we must wait for the author to tell if I have come close in my theory of how our dear girl's mind is working.

Hi Nozipo
Just a few more thoughts on Elizabeth.
As regards the non consummation of the marriage - this was the main agreement of their 'marriage' and Darcy gave her his word! He kept his word.
They married for Mr Darcy Snr's sake not Elizabeth's.
Darcy wooed Elizabeth for his sake, to make life easier for him, to make her smile at him, not for Elizabeth's pleasure, at first. That came later!

As for breaking up the family - well they weren't really her family. They were like a substitute family. Her family were Jamie and the Gardiners.
Yes by not going back to Pemberley with Darcy she hurt Georgina but Mr Darcy Snr actually understood why she did it, sort of!
Wickham did a number on her that's for sure. He used her youth and vulnerability and, gullibility, to play mind games with her, at Darcy's expense.
She wasn't life experienced enough to see it.

And now we come to my major grump with Darcy.............Valerie.

I can understand him visiting a courtesan for his'needs' as a single man and I do think he actually had an emotional attachment to Valerie. He needed her.

I have rarely experienced a gut wrenching feeling while reading a story - but when Darcy raced off with Valerie after Vauxhall Gardens, acting like a letcherous school boy, it was almost like real life!
I was so disappointed in him and desperately sad for Elizabeth!
I know nothing happened but, to me, he is as guilty as if he had got it together with Valerie that night.
And of course he was seen --stupid stupid Darcy.
And now Elizabeth knows and this caused her even more distress.
He has got a lot of explaining and growing up to do, before he is worthy of Elizbeth's love, I feel.

Can I also add that I agree with Lacy's last post.
Elizabeth's trust in Darcy has gone - thanks to Wickham and his lies, and she can only see that the cold distaining Darcy of old has come back and she hated him!
Thanks.
Deirdra

Hi Nozipo Wobogo

Anyone who sends you hate email because of your opinion about a fan fictional character is not worth getting upset about!

Hi Lacy

I think your interpretation of events is very insightful and it satisfies a lot of the problems with Elizabeth's character:

I suspect that Elizabeth wants Darcy so much she is afraid. .... What if she steps into the breach and finds not his warm open arms but abyss? Wickham's whispers have reminded her that she always thought Darcy was capable of cruelty and harshness.

Hi Deirdra

As upsetting as it was for Darcy to approach Valerie, please don't forget that he didn't sleep with her even though Elizabeth had given him every course to do so. It's a strange sense of justice that considers Darcy "as guilty as if he had got it together with Valerie that night" but thinks that Elizabeth is righteous for actually placing her faith in Wickham above her husband. Darcy almost cheated on Elizabeth physically. But Elizabeth has certainly cheated on Darcy spiritually.

Also, you missed the point of Lacy's post. Elizabeth's trust in Darcy is not gone becauseof Wickham's lies. Elizabeth's trust in Darcy is gone because she is afraid to trust Darcy with her heart and she is using Wickham as an excuse to shield herself from him.

Thanks Deirdra, Moonspinner and Lacy for this stimulating discussion! Although I already agree with Moonspinner's thoughts, I would like to consider some of the ideas expressed by Lacy and Deirdra about Lizzy's youth and frame of mind before I respond, OK?

I have enjoy the recent comments and speculations on this thread.

As much as I like Lizzy brother and mistress I can not wait for Tanya to give us some new insite on the happenings with Lizzy and Darcy.

Please post again soon
Geri

My dears, I'm thrilled to announce that chapter 29 has just been posted on Tanya's pages. Enjoy!

Unfortunately I cannot figure out at the moment why the direct link to the chapter doesn't work, so you'll have to scroll down first to get there.

an excellent chapter, it was worth the wait
although, I wish Darcy or at least Lord Gregory would approach Jamie, if not Elizabeth. E&D marriage is stranded, but the gentlemen are old friends.
I wonder if Jamie and Darcy are going to stay away from each other as well.

Oh, Renee, thank you SO much for posting this today. I have been having such a rough week and this really has cheered me up!

Tanya, this chapter was so worth the wait, and gosh was a lot resolved in it! I am so happy for Mal and Jamie and the baby! And for Captain Cranford and his love! It's so lovely to have those storylines take a positive turn.

I was really pleased that Elizabeth finally found out the true story behind Wickham and that she is starting to come to terms with things; I hoped and hoped that we would see Darcy by the end, and although it was brief, am so glad we did.

I am hoping that Lord Gregory will fill Darcy in on how low Elizabeth was after her brother's wedding, perhaps sow a seed of doubt that she's unhappy which might encourage him to approach her? He might even be able to seek Elizabeth out - he may know the location of Mal's family home in Mayfair from when Bingley used to call there, but if not, Miss Bingly certainly will (not that she would be likely to divulge the information!)

You see? You have totally distracted me and trust me, that is a very good thing!

I love this story, Tanya; I adore your writing and am in awe at its quality when English is not your first language. You are amazing!

Thank you so much for continuing this wonderful saga - it's long been a favourite of mine and becomes more so with every chapter.

Sandra

This was such a great chapter. I'm so glad everything is working out between Mal and Jamie. Now what is to become of Elizabeth and Darce? Why is Ms. Bingley not visiting Malvina, you would think she would want to find out more of her, they used to be sister-in-laws after all.
I am so looking forward to more of this story. Please don't wait so long to post. Love it, love it, love it.
teb

Tanya, Thank you, thank you for another post of your lovely story. Mal and Jamie so happy. Ruth and Cranford having a happy beginning. Now to Lizzy and Darcy, a resolution of animosities, openness with one another would be key to any future for these two people. Let's hope they can find it soon.

First of all, I just read in the comment thread that English is not your native tongue. I must say, WOW! You write so well. And I don't mean you write well for someone for whom English is not their first language. I mean, you write fabulously well, period. WOW!

Second, thank you for this post. I am certain I am one of many who has been haunting the website praying for an update. You have captured our hearts, seduced our souls--you own us. Alright, I guess I'm going on just a bit, but let me say simply, speaking for just myself, I LOVE THIS STORY.

I love where Chapter 29 took us. So satisfying in so many ways, but my favorite line: "I do, I do have a good reason, she wanted to say. I have discarded a man, as good a man as ever there was, and one I loved, and one who loved me."

This is so real, so how a young girl in love might react when she finally comes to her senses. Now you know the next thing I am going to say--more, please?

She has seen Darcy from a distance, and he is with that unpleasant Miss Bingley. Has Darcy given up on Elizabeth? Does he believe she has given up on him? Certainly, he is giving her distance. Is Wickham really dead? Is Darcy willing to tell her his secret now--but does it matter anymore to her? Will she write him a letter or somehow let him know she has changed? After all, in a sense, he has been the "adult" in the relationship up to now (patiently giving her time, refraining from rushing her to a physical completion he did not believe she was ready for), but perhaps it is time for Elizabeth to be a woman and reach out for her man. But is that done during the Regency period? How aggressive can a proper lady be? What would Mal advise? How will Jamie greet his former best friend? Does Jamie know Darcy's secret from those public school days with Wickham, and if not, would he be shocked? Would it change whether Jamie wanted Darcy to continue to be his brother-in-law? So many questions. . .Which are the right questions, the ones that lead us to your next chapter?

No pressure, but please write as soon as you can.

Oh my! How lovely and tender and happy and sad this was.
First, I am so happy to see another chapter and a nice long one at that!
Happy for Jamie’s return and his happiness with Malvina.
Relieved that Elizabeth has Mal to talk to.
Jamie would be content to have his sister with him at Longborne. But now that he knows of her unhappiness will he seek out Darcy.
And it’s been 2 years, why hasn’t Darcy gone after his wife? He knew she was young and immature, why didn’t he tell her the truth? Is he still seeing that woman? Has Miss Bingley been spreading her poison and lies?
Will Mr. Darcy live to see his son and wife reunited?

Hope to see more very, very soon!

Oh my! You have definitely surprised me a great deal, but what a welcome surprise it was. Your story is so great. And I am genuinely happy for Jamie and Mal and Ruth; but what about Darcy and Elizabeth? I hope you won't be so cruel as to leave us with that dreadful cliffhanger for too long.

But once again I applaud you with another chapter well written. You are an excellent writer. And I am at once anxious for the story to progress and sad that it will eventually end. But isn't that the goal to every great story? And to this effect, you have definitely succeeded.

Oh! Oh! A new chapter! A wonderfully long one, too. I am so very, very happy for Jamie and Malvina and Ruth and Cranford. Talk about being blessed in abundance! On the other hand my heart aches for Elizabeth and Darcy. The length of time they have been apart...so terribly long...with such pain and disappointment and shame between them. How will they get past it? I'm feeling that Elizabeth will need to make the first overture since he already begged her to come to him and she declined. The ball is in her court...

Thanks so much for the welcome post. Your story is one that I always look forward to more of.

Great chapter! Jamie and Malvina have found happiness now Elizabeth needs to do something to repair her marriage to Darcy.

Love your writing...

Always a delight to see a new chapter from you, Tanya! Will we find out in the next chapter what Darcy was thinking when he saw her? I'm hoping Jamie can play a role in resolving E&D's misunderstandings here, but I'm sure that whatever you have in store for us will be eminently satisfying.

Abigail

I am so glad the James arrived and Mal and he were able to marry before the birth of their child. I love how he held her and kissed right there along the river bank.

I didn't realize that Ruth was smitten with anyone. It appears everyone is finding their happiness but Elizabeth and Darcy.

I am so glad the Mal had the talk with E letting her know that Wickham is a BAD man and the E believes. She also realizes that Darcy had said the same thing and she refused to believe him.

I angry at Darcy he sees his wife and he can't even spare a word for her? Why on earth are he and Lord Gregory there with Miss Bingley? And if Darcy couldn’t come talk to her why the h*** didn’t Lord Gregory, that might have encouraged Darcy but he just disappears. B*****d.

When Elizabeth said: "Oh, Jamie what have I done!" I cried like a baby. Tanya you have written this so well and I was shock to learn that English isn’t your first language.

Lastly I have to say I would have been much happier if Wickham’s body was found at the Fort. I still think he was involved in the attack by leaking the info. Please let him stay in India but why do I think you have more planned for him.

Thank you fo rhte post and I look forward to more.
Geri

Glad jamie and mal worked out. Now it is time to fix Elizabeth and darcy. This is such torture
Pls post soon

I was almost beginning to like Elizabeth again. She came to the conclusion that she was wrong about Darcy and Wickham all by herself. And THEN, she decides this:

Perhaps the knowledge that she, herself, had been the object of a vile plan, made it easier. It was not just a mistake, she thought, she had not stood a chance...

She’s still living in her world of self-denial where she’s never the one at fault. I almost cried when I saw that she had seen Darcy because now, a reconciliation is inevitable and I had almost persuaded myself that the story will end with Darcy being free to find someone who could really appreciate his worth.

I cannot begin to even thank you for this latest update and a thousand THANK YOU for what amazing,compelling and ultimately gratifying read chapter 29 is. You did not left any stone unturned for Malvina and Jamie and including Capt. Cranford and Ruth.My heart was aching for Elizabeth's pain now that Malvina have shed some light re:Wickham's behavior. I am screaming inside for a reunion with Darcy.I was crying for all the memories that she remembered and understand her pain.But you are the best at storytelling Tanya,each line is very well thought and it shows- it is excellently written. I am just hoping I would see another update soon. Thank you so much you don't know how very happy you made me although I cried a lot in this chapter too.
Thank you immensely.You made it certainly worth the wait.
annj

As I read through the last bit of discussion, I had a thought that kept flowing through my mind - in this story Elizabeth is only about the age of Lydia in the regular one. But, unlike Lydia, her father is dead, no mother, her brother is gone, she is essentially alone, and though she is a fairly smart girl, she had led a very sheltered existence until the death of father, she has dealt with huge upheavls and changes in her life in very fast order. To me, Elizabeth can best be discribed as a pool ball - being bounced back and forth between situations that are completely out of her control and trying to adjust to them as fast as she can. Her head must be spinning. That does not even mention what her emotions are doing.

Today we would NOT encourage a 15 year old to get married and even then it was not common. It was rare for a girl to even be "out" at that age. It was more common to wait until 17 or 18.

My own take is that she is not sure WHO to trust. That is hard - because she is not even sure she can trust herself. Her emotions are like a ping pong ball - everywhere. I have been glad that for the last few months she has been with the Gardiners - because at least she has had some time to just be. Then she thinks Jamie is dead - I mean the fact this child is still standing up is AMAZING!!!

I agree she has made some whoppers of errors - but so has Darcy, and she came into this (was pretty well forced into this) with grave trust issues about him. I think sometimes it is hard to remember that until this chapter - she was basically an orphan. Yes the Gardiners were around - but only some. She is trying to figure out, what she feels, what she thinks, what her harmones are doing to her. Also, the nice part of her time with Darcy was extremely short - compared to all the bad time with him.

Frankly, I really do get why she is having some major issues.

But, I think she has also grown up a bit during this time. She has had TIME to think - to pull pieces together. I am excited that we are now beginning to move back towards her story with Darcy. Unfortunately, I am not sure that Jamie being back is such a great idea. He may be more of a hindrance than a help. Malvena though - she may be a great help and she may help move Jamie to a place of understanding and helping Elizabeth and Darcy. One can at least hope so.

I do love this story. Can't wait for the next bit.

mmin

mmin that was explained very well. I must say I agree with everything you said. Thank you.

Tanya, thank you so much for the wonderful new chapter! It was so emotion-packed! I love the aunts and loved having Ruth be happy. I can't believe Elizabeth saw Darcy for the first time in a long time. Will he seek her out? Thanks again!!

moonspinner
I was almost beginning to like Elizabeth again. She came to the conclusion that she was wrong about Darcy and Wickham all by herself. And THEN, she decides this:

Perhaps the knowledge that she, herself, had been the object of a vile plan, made it easier. It was not just a mistake, she thought, she had not stood a chance...

She’s still living in her world of self-denial where she’s never the one at fault. I almost cried when I saw that she had seen Darcy because now, a reconciliation is inevitable and I had almost persuaded myself that the story will end with Darcy being free to find someone who could really appreciate his worth.

I agree with the first part of this post. Elizabeth still seems incredibly self-centered. The revelation of Wickham's character should make her feel worse! To know that she picked him over her husband after learning what a scoundrel he was, that she cause her great discomfort and take more responsibility. If she was mature at this point in the story, then she will be the one to reach out to Darcy, not the other way around.

But great chapter

Once again, I'm blown away by the quality of your writing, Tanya. It's addictive, and I can't wait for my next fix.

I'm hoping that Jamie, who knows Elizabeth so well, will be the catalyst to bring her back to Darcy.

More soon, as soon as you can manage it, please.

Debbie

Fifi
moonspinner

I agree with the first part of this post. Elizabeth still seems incredibly self-centered. The revelation of Wickham's character should make her feel worse! To know that she picked him over her husband after learning what a scoundrel he was, that she cause her great discomfort and take more responsibility. If she was mature at this point in the story, then she will be the one to reach out to Darcy, not the other way around.

But great chapter

I agree, of course, with the great chapter part but must raise an objection to the criticism of the Elizabeth in this story being in denial. She is not drawn as some paragon who always behaves exactly as a reader might wish or hope, but she is depicted realistically as an intelligent, principled but still immature girl--and we are watching as she matures.

She takes some comfort in thinking that she is not an idiot or hopeless dupe but the victim of a level of evil and cunning that she is only starting to understand. She could not fathom before that it existed, and her reaction is like looking back on the misconceptions you might have had as a child--and forgiving yourself for those misconceptions.

But she also recognizes that her previous misconceptions, however much they were not her fault, could well mean that she will never regain Darcy's affections. Realistically, this is a possibility. She may have lost him forever. I would not rejoice in that, but thank goodness, this is JAFF that usually comes with happy endings unlike real life, which sometimes does not.

I find this Elizabeth likable and endearing, and I am rooting for her!

Lacy

I agree, I like this Elizabeth. If Darcy would've just been open with her & given her some sort of explanation, things would not have gotten so out of hand. I hate it when in these sorts of stories the woman is just expected to 'obey' her husband's word, however nonsensical it may be or appear to be, because that's the way a wife 'ought' to behave, having no right to question or object to a man's authority. I can't accept this way of thinking & would much prefer to see the woman get upset & leave if she feels she must!

I think people might be upset with Elizabeth because ultimately we know that Darcy is a good man (or because they would love to have a Darcy in their life & how dare she jeopardize that sort of relationship!). To call her immature, self-centred or unable to see the errors of her ways just because she doesn't trust Darcy's non-explanation seems over the top to me. She may be young, but she isn't without reason. You can't just tell someone to do something 'just because' & then get upset when they don't immediately abide. Open communication is best!

Anyway, Tanya: I love your writing. It's a bittersweet feeling when I see that there is a new SB update - I'm excited for the new chapter but pained that the next installment probably won't be for a few months. Now that Elizabeth/Darcy scenes are on the horizon, I am more excited than ever! Please, let the next post be soon!

I agree with Lacy about Elizabeth and the way she's thinking. Her mind worked then like a very young 16 year old girl (I teach girls that age, and she feels very real to me), Things seem black or white; seeing the gray areas comes with age and wisdom. Things are either right or wrong to them (this is bad, e.g. and that is good. Situation ethics is a foreign concept.). Darcy is more worldly, but he is also young in thinking, although certainly less naive than Elizabeth. She was adolescent in her stubbornness, yet with such a good heart, I can't find it in me to condemn her. Elizabeth is coming to understand herself and the way the world works, and we should be rooting her on as we would our daughters. They learn, not through what we say, but through experience. Elizabeth is 18 now, and she's gotten a whole lot smarter. And she's learned the way we all learn: through suffering.

I find it interesting linguistically that Regency novels use "humble" where we would think "humiliating." He doesn't want to feel "humbled" Malvina says to Elizabeth. Think humiliation, and the larger impact of the word gives pause. Don't we go through life trying to avoid humiliation (shame). Guilt we can cope with and remediate. Darcy feels "humbled" in P&P, and we are proud of him. If he felt humiliated, we'd be embarrassed for him.

Just rambling here, trying to work out the characters and the language in my head. Doesn't that speak well for this story? No bubble gum for the mind here!

Lacy
Fifi
moonspinner

But great chapter

I agree, of course, with the great chapter part but must raise an objection to the criticism of the Elizabeth in this story being in denial. She is not drawn as some paragon who always behaves exactly as a reader might wish or hope, but she is depicted realistically as an intelligent, principled but still immature girl--and we are watching as she matures.

She takes some comfort in thinking that she is not an idiot or hopeless dupe but the victim of a level of evil and cunning that she is only starting to understand. She could not fathom before that it existed, and her reaction is like looking back on the misconceptions you might have had as a child--and forgiving yourself for those misconceptions.

But she also recognizes that her previous misconceptions, however much they were not her fault, could well mean that she will never regain Darcy's affections. Realistically, this is a possibility. She may have lost him forever. I would not rejoice in that, but thank goodness, this is JAFF that usually comes with happy endings unlike real life, which sometimes does not.

Huh. I guess I never thought about it that way. I keep forgetting how young Elizabeth is and how new all of this is to her. I also agree with someone else who posted that since we know that deep down, Darcy is a good man, it is hard for some people (like me!) to deal with Elizabeth's misconception of Darcy. In the end, I'm rooting for them to get back together too!

I have just finished reading Chapter 29. Exquisite! Thank you. I eagerly await the next installment. To add to what others have stated, your writing style is deeply satisfying and the story is coming along beautifully. I am so glad that Darcy was reintroduced before this chapter ended, albeit bittersweet.

I was delighted to see Darcy and Elizabeth back in focus in this wonderful chapter. But I'm at a loss with respect to the relationship between Ms. Bingley and Lord Gregory. She is insipid and shallow, yet his lordship (who seems like a kindly and intelligent fellow) continues to bestow attention on her. Can someone enlighten me...perhaps I missed an earlier chapter when this was explained. Thanks!

Donna
I have just finished reading Chapter 29. Exquisite! Thank you. I eagerly await the next installment. To add to what others have stated, your writing style is deeply satisfying and the story is coming along beautifully. I am so glad that Darcy was reintroduced before this chapter ended, albeit bittersweet.

Ditto!!

Chapter 30 is up, my dears. An hm... very satisfying chapter, I daresay... Enjoy!

Omg love love love this story so much. Thank you for two chapters in such quick succession.

I am so happy that Lizzy and Darcy have reconcilled. What an amazing ride to reach this point! The ice skating scene was...wow...their longing for each other was almost palpable. And their that their reconciliation happened over Mr Darcy seemed highly symbolic. While I hated their separation, I have to say that it has allowed Lizzy to grow up and mature into herself and given the two of them the space to work our what they really wanted...so happy that it was each other!

I'm also relieved that James and Mal have found each other again. How lovely that they begin their lives together with the birth of their first child.

Looking forward to finding out what the story was with Wickham all those years ago. Also hoping that there will be a rekindled friendship between Darcy and James!

Anyways, I'm off to re-read your latest offering! Thanks so much and please please please post again soon!

xo

I will quote from Miss Darcy,
"Ah well...finally"

I must say, though this was the most unerving Elizabeth I have ever read, your writing is simply superb, and I only regret the length of time it took you to finish this story. I have not followed it, left it when you abandoned it a couple of years ago, but followed the threads to see when the coupling was achieved. I have read chapter 30 , enjoyed it immensely but sincerely wished you have finished with it all long ago. I suppose real life is always meddling with the best authors, and you my dear, are seriously a great writer. Just promise next time you post something you will make sure you have finished it before posting. I will probably be hooked again and do not wish another five years in anguish.

Malena,

Um. *Whispers.* It's not finished. Not even close. Sorry!

Thanks otherwise for your kind comments!

OMG
And here I was hoping the nightmare was over. By nightmare I mean the terrible knot in Darcy's life, not your magnificent writing. I suppose I will get into my little hole and peek whenever I read good reviews of what is going on with the life of this silly girl. Plan to read it all through when it IS finished...only if it finishes in the fashion of ASP, that is. Otherwise, I will stick to this ending. I must say...this would be a great ending, why add anything more? Had they not suffered enough yet?

malena
OMG
And here I was hoping the nightmare was over. By nightmare I mean the terrible knot in Darcy's life, not your magnificent writing. I suppose I will get into my little hole and peek whenever I read good reviews of what is going on with the life of this silly girl. Plan to read it all through when it IS finished...only if it finishes in the fashion of ASP, that is. Otherwise, I will stick to this ending. I must say...this would be a great ending, why add anything more? Had they not suffered enough yet?

Who said they're going to suffer more? However, knowing Tanya, the story will definitely have a happy end.

Renée O
malena
OMG

Who said they're going to suffer more? However, knowing Tanya, the story will definitely have a happy end.

Sorry, dearest Mrs Darcy.However I trust your confidence I really need that reasurance from Tanya herself... After all, she is the Queen of postponed anguish!
While I was reading this chapters I went SmileyCentral.com until I did not read he in the end accomplished the service of a husband I could barely breath(Good Lord, how much could my poor heart stand?) then I went blushing for your description was just perfectly lovely. The little details I covet. Hats off for that. But [please, let her be rational for now. No more missunderstandings)

Tanya this was a great chapter - tying a few loose strings up. I hope Elizabeth tells Darce about the letter. I think it will make him understand where her heart was at that time a little more. I'm so glad they're reconciled. I hope they have no more worries as far as themselves. To bad for Miss Bingley, but she should have moved on long ago. I'm happy for the happy couple. Now they can work on being a married couple. Please post again soon.

Tanya, A beautiful chapter, I also thought you were coming to a conclusion but Oh well, D & E are together at last but is someone lurking in the background to usurp their happiness.

Oh Tanya:

At last! A wonderful chapter of reconciliation for our couple! I only hope that we can look forward to only more good things between them.

Thank you, thank you!

Tanya, I am completely and utterly wrung out. That was the most tumultuous chapter. I was almost ill with frustration at Lizzy when she seemed unable to say words that needed to be said. Once again Darcy was put in the position of having to make the first move to reconciliation. I hope she makes herself and her heart very clear to him in this night coming up. That man desperately needs to be smothered with love and fussing and spoiling and cuddling.

I was thrilled to see another chapter so soon. This story is insanely gripping. Thank you so, so much for sharing!

Tanya
Malena,

Tanya, I for one am glad it's not over yet. I wonder, will you tell us what the secret was between Darcy and Wickham? And is W really dead--somehow, I don't believe he is. Knowing how you can stir up waves of angst, I fear or anticipate or whatever the word, that we will see Darcy and Elizabeth cruelly divided by misunderstanding again.

I must tell you, much as I am disposed to love your Elizabeth, there were points in this last chapter where I found myself shouting at the computer screen, "Tell the man you love him. Speak, woman!" Well, all in her own good tme ...

Your story grips me, as someone else here has commented, "insanely" so. You are good, very good. So, don't have a care for my poor heart or giving me a heart attack--just tell the story you must.

Oh, and also, your minor characters stand out with such pinpoint clarity. Mary, who has stuck with her mistress during all these trying years. Miss Bingley--and I am glad she really is minor here--finally unable to live any further in denial, the truth smacks her in the face.

Jamie, Georgiana and Mal are not minor, of course, but they played less of a role here. I wonder if we will see more of them later.

I'm a little giddy. I know you have just given us two (as always, wonderful!) chapters fairly quickly, but dare I hope for more soon, please? As always, no pressure. I'll be waiting whenever it comes.

Tanya
Malena,

No! Why did I have to read this and let it ruin my happy reunion!
I suppose the Wickham issue really hasn't been resolved and what about that letter. I've never known Miss Bingley to give up so easily. (And to make that comment about Malvina's marriage while Jamie was in the room!)
Should I be hoping for a baby? Will that keep Elizabeth at Pemberley and away from harm?

Thanks for at least leaving us with some hope for a happy ending! Hope to see more soon.

All I can say is I can't wait for more!

1 2 3 4 5