Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Post your favourite Mr Darcy picture here! :)

I wonder how old Ralph is? Around the same as CF do you think?

I'm still partial to CF as Mr. D, but think Matthew MacF is great - just finished watching Little Dorrit and he was so good in that as Arthur. Such a sweetie! Did anyone else catch it?

Maura
I wonder how old Ralph is? Around the same as CF do you think?

I'm still partial to CF as Mr. D, but think Matthew MacF is great - just finished watching Little Dorrit and he was so good in that as Arthur. Such a sweetie! Did anyone else catch it?

Ralph's 46, so he could make an excellent Mr Bennet.

And, yes, MM is fabulous. I've seen Little Dorrit and fell in love with the story, and with Arthur in particular.

Here he is!

GAH!!! How in the world did I miss THIS thread!?!

Thank you all for these wonderful pictures. You've all made my day (including Ralph Fiennes.. who did a great job playing a character I didn't like in The Duchess).

Yes, dearest Renée, I agree that RF could've played a good Darcy.

Cheers,
Julia B

My favourite Mr. Darcy is David Rintoul from the 1980 version of P&P, which gave me my first impressions of the story. The production quality was pretty poor (it was 1980) but the actors were excellent and the characters and story very true to the book. When I read P&P fan fiction, i tend to see this Mr. Darcy in my mind (hope i get this picture posting thing right. if not, please google "David Rintoul" and look for the man who looks really good with a top hat and cravat).

Mr Darcy

Julia B
GAH!!! How in the world did I miss THIS thread!?!

Thank you all for these wonderful pictures. You've all made my day (including Ralph Fiennes.. who did a great job playing a character I didn't like in The Duchess).

Yes, dearest Renée, I agree that RF could've played a good Darcy.

Cheers,
Julia B

I was glad to have discovered it again when browsing the forum. Yesterday evening I watched a very impressive but disturbing movie with Ralph Fiennes: Spider. He's a genius. For once both my husband and I agree on the talent of an actor. Except for The Avengers and Maid in Manhattan, he never chooses easy parts. He saved The Duchess for me. He does so little but it has such an impact. Less is more to him, definitely. I wish I could see him on stage in London one fine day. *sigh*

LP20000
My favourite Mr. Darcy is David Rintoul from the 1980 version of P&P, which gave me my first impressions of the story. The production quality was pretty poor (it was 1980) but the actors were excellent and the characters and story very true to the book. When I read P&P fan fiction, i tend to see this Mr. Darcy in my mind (hope i get this picture posting thing right. if not, please google "David Rintoul" and look for the man who looks really good with a top hat and cravat).

I've never seen this adaptation, LP. But I've heard it's very true to the book. Hope to get a chance one day.

Look What I have found! Peter Cushing, master of horror films, as Mr Darcy! http://madaboutdarcy.blogspot.com/
Not my favourite...but very interesting!