Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ellen G's Silver Dust

Now THAT is an inspiration!!!!
Thanks, ladies!

Babe, that definitely lights my SmileyCentral.com
Hope it finally lights Ellen's muse ...

Malena, I love your smiley!

According to the NY Times, the substantial opening weekend of "Wolverine" was attributed in part to "an unexpectedly large female audience." Unexpected? With Hugh Jackman buff and shirtless? Ha!

Chapter 25 has just been posted on Ellen G's pages. Enjoy! And... don't be sad that it's the last chapter, an epilogue is yet to come!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Congratulations Ellen, it was great! Loved the grooms first wedding gift and Denny's redemption! Can't wait for the epilogue!

Oh Ellen, it's over but not before the epi. Beautiful wedding night and Denny's forgiveness.

Ahhh, Wet Darcys...*sigh*SmileyCentral.com They always make my day!!
Thank you Ellen for this lovely western. Looking forward to the epilogue. I am sure you must have something secreted up your pen with which to surprise and delight us even more.SmileyCentral.com
Thank you again.

Ellen,

That was fabulous!

Photobucket

Gotta' love those cowboys!

-Ruth

Oh, how I loved this final chapter, but it helps to know that it is not quite over--still an epilogue!

After the way Elizabeth rejected Darcy earlier in the story, and indeed, the way he fought his feelings for her, their wedding night was a welcome relief--for us readers as well as them, LOL. He was everything I--I mean, Elizabeth--could have wished. He planned her pleasure perfectly, taking his time, taking care--right up to the moment when her coming brings him along. Lovely HMS, and the kind that makes an impression that stays long after one has stopped reading!

Also, nice to see everything and everyone else fall into place, including real redemption for Denny that actually helped secure the wedding. I am eager to know what happens to minor players like Lydia, Caroline, even Aunt Catherine (I would love to see Will get her money because who else does she have to leave it to? It's not the money but the principle. I would like to see her punished or brought down in some way for the way she treated the couple, particularly Elizabeth).

And, while I assume that Elizabeth and Darcy live happily ever after, I want details!!

Ellen,

I've been absolutely enthralled by Silver Dust. Thank you for a wonderful story.

Roselle

Thank you, Ellen. Silver Dust is a wonderful story. Do you think you'll end up getting it published?

I'm both happy because it was an entertaining and satisfying chapter *AND* at the same time I'm also melancholy because the story has ended.

You wrapped up the loose ends; glad Denny saw the error in his ways, Caroline will stalk.. ur, I mean take an interest in someone else (and maybe end up happy), and that L&D *FINALLY* are together.

Looking forward to the Epilogue.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Julia B

Ellen thank you for the new chapter. You certainly shocked me bring Denny back. I don't know how Darcy can trust him let alone Mr B being buddy buddy with him.

I also hate that Lizzy was treated like a field hand while the other sisters do nothing.

I loved Darcy unarming her totally appropriate considering how you started this fun tale. I hate that there is only one chapter left but I can't wait to read it.

Ellen I hope you will soon grace us with a new story I've loved your writing style.
Geri

This a story that I know I will read again & again. Te last chapter was so yummy and the bath itself was perfection! Joe Denny will be a loyal employee from now on I think. I hope Wickham gets some punishment for his treatment of the Bennet girls. I am sorry the story is finished and I can't wait to see the epilogue!

A great ending to a terrific story.
It's been a wonderful ride from start to finish!
Thanks
JulietR

So happy to see the couple finally married, they both deserve such happiness, especially Lizzy! Look forward to your epilogue, Ellen!

Dear Ellen,

It’s taken me a while to find the time to write a proper response to your last chapter. Because, oh, what a chapter it was! Packed with all the good things a fangirl like me appreciates. Other readers have remarked on Denny’s redemption, Caroline’s predatory instincts and the smart detail of the Remington derringer and the story coming finally to a full circle, so I’ll skip those, though I enjoyed those episodes as much as everyone else. However, these are a few of the extracts I particularly like:

Oh, yeah, I know all 'bout what happened at the Lone Wolf with you and Miss Elizabeth, the whole town does. Sheriff musta thought it was mighty funny, 'cause it looks like he's the one what spread it around, but you can imagine that Wickham wasn't happy 'bout everyone knowin' how he got his ass whupped by some girl.

Now, it must be my “instinct of perversity”, but I confess I enjoyed the fact that everyone in Reno knew what had happened and the sense of humiliation it must bring about for Wickham. I know it’s twisted, but I can’t help it.

I also loved Georgiana’s reaction:
Had it not been inappropriate, she would have whooped with joy and turned cartwheels across the room.
I could picture her beaming young face as I read this paragraph.

But my favourite has to be the last paragraph:
Then, assured that the rest of their belongings, as well as beloved King, would follow by carriage with Georgiana and Mrs. Reynolds, Elizabeth and Will rode off - not, alas, into the sunset - but into the dawn of a new life together.

It is not the first time I say this, and it will not be the last, but, Ellen G., you are a gifted writer. Your descriptions are so vivid and powerful, your characters so real... I’m not very good at words, so I can only summarize it with the following:

Please please please do not stop writing.

P.S. Looking forward to the epilogue!

I am so grateful for the wonderful comments you've all left for me! This story has been great fun, not just to write but also to research. Yes, there's still an epilogue to come, which I hope will not disappoint.

Ellen,
I'm going to miss this story and will return to re-read it regularly. I never would have thought I'd enjoy westerns, but you've done an icredible job. The wedding night... WHEW! I think we all needed that. THANK YOU!!!!

Rori
It is not the first time I say this, and it will not be the last, but, Ellen G., you are a gifted writer.

I agree with all the nice things everyone has said about you, but I particularly wanted to second this remark.

I'm looking forward to your epilogue to this as well as your next stories--in the meantime, of course, I am re-reading your old ones.

Adding on my accolades. I waited for the story to be complete (minus the promised epilogue - still looking forward to that) to read it and really enjoyed it. I grew up a fan of Heath Barkley on The Big Valley and Little Joe on Bonanza so I guess I've got a cowboy thing and the reference to Darcy with a holster around his slim waist was particularly appealing!

How clever, Ellen, to come up with this western twist. Well done!

Just wanted to acknowledge the rest of the comments, which were music to my ears. Thank you so much.

The epilogue is in progress...I'm hoping that it won't take long.

EllenG

The epilogue is in progress...I'm hoping that it won't take long.

Malena, I love your "conversation"! LOL!

Am still working on the epilogue, though I'm in "end of school year" mode now and busier than expected. I've never left any loose end hanging though, have I?

Never!

We are waiting with varying degrees of patience, but we all know it will be well worth it. :D]

In the meanwhilst (quoting Monty Python), we'll keep ckecking the site compulsively!

EllenG
Malena, I love your "conversation"! LOL!

Am still working on the epilogue, though I'm in "end of school year" mode now and busier than expected. I've never left any loose end hanging though, have I?

That is a relief! But I still suffer from abstinency syndrom. LOL

Malena
That is a relief! But I still suffer from abstinency syndrom. LOL

Shake hands, luv.

R~

Howdy Ellen!
Just wondering how the epilogue is coming along. I hope you haven't forgotten about us because we're still looking forward to it.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Julia B

So School's OUT for Summer Schooools out for Ever. :D
Looking forward to the end.
Geri

Julia & Geri (and anyone else who cares):

I'm delighted you're keeping after me on this. Don't worry -- as I've told Mrs. Darcy herself, it's still in the works.

EllenG
Julia & Geri (and anyone else who cares):

I'm delighted you're keeping after me on this. Don't worry -- as I've told Mrs. Darcy herself, it's still in the works.

STILL? Ellen just wanted you to feel the love.
Geri

Yes, Geri, "still." I just looked back and realized that I've been promising the epilogue for two months! Having my teenagers around all summer has been an unexpected drain on my inspiration.

I'll have to put the epilogue on my lengthy to-do list for this week. Thanks for the reminder!

Its been a month since the last post in this thread, and its nearly September! ...

Howdy Ellen
Its been months since E&D rode off into the sunrise.

Please don't forget us, your devoted readers.. we are still ever-so-patiently waiting for that Epilogue. Thanks!

Cheers,
Julia B

Julia B,

I have been horribly remiss, haven't I? I don't suppose it's worth much to keep promising that I will provide an epilogue... I wouldn't be surprised if no one believed me at this point.

But I just brought my son to college yesterday, and my daughter starts her senior year of high school a week from today, and I'm very hopeful that I will have some time to myself to bring everything to a satisfying conclusion.

Here you go, my dears, the epilogue. Enjoy!

What a lovely way of starting a new day! So pool playing,eh? I can imagine the cue, though

what a pity this story has come to an end.
thank you for sharing this delightful tale with us.

The epilogue was a most fitting end to a terrific story. It was very sweet and sexy at the same time.

Cowboy hats off to Ellen G. for a wonderful story and here's hopin' that she's got another story in the works.

This is a delightfully sensuous ending to a story of love and passion in the Old West. When you transplanted Darcy and Elizabeth to this environment, you immediately shot a lusty vitality into canon that is not quite possible in the Regency period. In less restrained times, our couple is wilder--ride 'em, cowboy!--but as sweet and inspiring in their commitment as ever.

I like the pacing of this, with the main emphasis on their story.

What's up next?

Ellen, Thank you for the delightful epilouge to your story. Darcy being very coy with his gift and Lizzy being very, very daring wearing it. Irene

Ellen!!!! Thank you SO much for completing this incredible story. I have loved it start to finish. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And thank you for sparing the Colonel a lifetime of Caroline. THAT is cruel and unusual punishment indeed.

Just a note to tell you how much I enjoyed this story. Thanks for sharing your terrific talent with us.
terie

Very clever & sensible that Lizzy is! I am glad Charlotte is the girl for the colonel instead of Caroline. The epilogue was so sweet & funny. Ellen, I have loved the whole fun story!

* CLAP * CLAP * CLAP *
Very clever Ellen. Thank you for writing an epilogue to your wonderful story. That's funny L&D need to tire out Georgiana in order to have some time alone. And, Charlotte and Richard?! - that's an interesting twist. The ending has me in stitches.

Again, many thanks for sharing "Silver Dust" with us. I look forward to your next story!

Cheers,
Julia B

Oh, this is bittersweet! I'm so happy you've published this installment, but at the same time regret the story has come to its end.

This has been a fantastic storyline, and how fortunate for us that it was you, the talented Ellen G., that came up with it, for you are always a pleasure to read.

And, now I think of it, about the story ending... well, it can always find continuity in our imagination!

Thanks, everyone, for all the love. Sorry it took me so long to complete. It was a lot of fun, though, wasn't it?

Thanks, everyone, for all the love. Sorry it took me so long to complete. It was a lot of fun, though, wasn't it?

It certainly was! And I, for one, am anxiously waiting for your next creation.

Ellen
I'm late at replying but beleive me I enjoyed the chapter. So I take it she didn't even do the break shot.
Thank you for sharing your gift with us.
Geri

Ellen, Ellen! that was super great! I can't tell you how much i really love love all your stories, particularly this one! A gutsy Lizzy with a stud like Darcy, so swoon-worthy I'm sad to see them go but all good things must come to an end. I can only hope that you already have a new plot coming up for fans like me hahaha! A BIG thank you for this brillant story!