Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stories with Elizabeth falling in love first

Rori
Goodness, that was one busy morning for the administrator! Sorry about the mess, Renée

Never mind, dear. Sometimes a little tidying up is just necessary to keep the forum orderly.

Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

"I think it might be "By Every Civility in His Power" by Maria Faith. A great story."

Thanks Gwendolyn That's the one. Great story - fun to read again.

Renée O
POSTED BY TROUBLED:

Stories with Elizabeth falling in love first

Hey! I've been trying to find stories in which Elizabeth is the first to fall for Darcy, both regency and modern? Anyone know any?
Thanks!
Troubled

c

Try this Troubled!
http://austen.com/derby/old_2004/gabya3.htm

Does anyone remember this line in the wedding night scene of Darcy and Elizabeth in a story..."A little later she realized the kiss had been but a distraction as he slowly entered her." ?
The words may vary, but if anyone recollects the name of the story I would be infinitely endebted.

moved post

choccymad
Hi everyone,

HAs anyone come across a ff where Elizabeth is engaged to someone else before Darcy comes on the scene. He is a High Lord/Warrior king and uses Caroline Bingley's powers as a witch to persuade Elizabeth to marry him.

I started reading it a while back but I cant remember what its title or author. Darcy does have long hair worn in a plait though ;)!

Ring any bells?

Re: moved post

The only one involving witchcraft in Medieval times I can think of is A Heart wants what a Heart Wants by Amber. This is the link...hope it is this one.http://meryton.com/mrr/hyacinthgirl/THWWTHW1.html

Thanks Malena - Thats the one :)!

Whoops - sorry Renee - did i post in the wrong place?

choccymad
Whoops - sorry Renee - did i post in the wrong place?

My dear, you opened a new thread unnecessarily. Questions like the one you asked are posted in this sticky thread on top of the page, so that visitors - who might have the answer - will probably notice your question sooner.

Looking for a story (modern AU)

Hi guys,

I lost a story I meant to re-read. It was a modern AU, and I remember that Georgiana was deaf while one of the things Wickham did was tell Elizabeth that she was mentally handicapped. Any idea what story that is? Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for a story (modern AU)

cjk1701, I think the story you are looking for is "Apperaances" by Belen at Austen Interlude. Hope that's it, Irene

Re: Looking for a story (modern AU)

irene
cjk1701, I think the story you are looking for is "Apperaances" by Belen at Austen Interlude. Hope that's it, Irene

I think that's the one. Thank you!

Does anyone know the name and author of the story where Darcy kisses Elizabeth before she accepts his proposal and Colonel Fitzwilliam witnesses it? Elizabeth doesn't tell Darcy no after that because she is compromised.

Cindy, I think the story you are looking for is "The Last Man in the World" by Abigail Reynolds. It's published thru Amazon.com. It's part of her Pemberley Variations. A very good read.

It can also be a beautiful story by a nice British lady from Derbyshire but it is unfinished. I cannot recall the name of the story , but it is at Firthness. The author's name begins with L...I think. I will check for you...

Cindy
Does anyone know the name and author of the story where Darcy kisses Elizabeth before she accepts his proposal and Colonel Fitzwilliam witnesses it? Elizabeth doesn't tell Darcy no after that because she is compromised.

Forces of Passion by Alison at Firthness

Thanks all! I believe it was "The Last Man in the World." I'll have to check into purchasing it.

Does anyone here have any problems with accessing the Jane Austen department at fanfiction.net? I cannot reach it anymore, as it says that the site no longer exists?

Just wondering if it's really down or if it's just me?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Marloes

---------

Never mind, I found it. Instead of one category ('Jane Austen'), they have now separate categories for each of the novels ('P&P', 'Emma'). Phew, glad that it didn't suddenly disappear!

Marloes...actually thanks for posting this because if I wouldnt have known, I would have freaked out when I visited the site because I have it saved as a favorite link. Guess I will have to redo my favs. Thanks again!

I know RL is a real block to many writers but will we have more of Sophie's intriguing " Symphony No. 2"? thanks Irene

I need help! I been looking for a story, Darcy and Col.Fritzwilliam go into a battle and Darcy ends on the edge of a river in modern day where Lizzy and Jane find him. please help i think it might of been on HG. does anyone know the name of the story????

It reminds me a little of one of Julie C's stories, a time traveling story too, but I believe it was a colonel Fitzwilliam story rather than a Darcy story. At any rate, I believe she pulled all her stories from the various sites.

thank you for helping

I am trying to remember the name of a story in which Darcy forces Elizabeth to become a companion to Anne. She becomes friends with Anne, then problems, lots of angst, new characters. Eventual happy ending of course. Thanks for any help.

HarrisonB
I am trying to remember the name of a story in which Darcy forces Elizabeth to become a companion to Anne. She becomes friends with Anne, then problems, lots of angst, new characters. Eventual happy ending of course. Thanks for any help.

Half Such A Sum

ty for your help found it. it is Finisterre

where can i find Half Such A Sum?

theresa
where can i find Half Such A Sum?

I searched in the JAFF index. It used to be in HG but that site is not longer available which means that the wonderful story is lost perhaps for ever...*sob*You can always send an email to the authoress.

oh that is sad thank you

Hei, can I have tha author's e-mail too? I've been searching for half such a sum for some time but I was unable to find it...there are many excellent fics out there that I can't reach since HG is out...any idea when will it be up and running?

While we're at it, I wanted to ask if any of you knows how to contact Donna L since I'd love to read her fictions 'An Aquaintance' and 'In the Shadow of her Sister'. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated, thanks^_^

That is the sad news...it will NOT be running any more. The owner of the site has stated that already. As to he author's email...I ve no idea. She is called Shelby that is all I know. Unfortunately, HSAS was only posted at the HG. Sorry
Oh, you could try the JAFF's index for an email.

I've read the message. I dare say, a mighty short one to announce the end of an era. For years it has been the FF home for hundreds if not thousands of fans, and it feels sad, and awkward too, that it's lost forever. I've been an on and off visitor/poster myself since 2003.

It's hard to imagine that A. will ever start again from scratch. There are too many sites now that function well, and particularly AHA has taken over HG's methods, sphere and... members. Authors who are still active have ample opportunity to post elsewhere, but I do wonder about all those wonderful stories of authors who have left the fandom. Will they ever be retrieved? Such a shame...

Anyway, many memories go through my head now, the avid reading, the lively, sometimes a little heated discussions, the encouraging comments I received for my own stories and those I posted for others, and I'm particularly grateful to have met - in person - a couple of wonderful ladies from all over the world who were active members of the HG.

R~

Hello....I'm really sorry HG has shut down forever...I've started reading P&P fics a short time ago and I remember the site being down since I began...but there was still the chance I could access it at a later future...sigh. An opportuninty lost, I guess. Anyway, I contacted Aly to ask her for her fiction 'An Imprudent Match' and she told me I could ask other people to e-mail or sharing it since she no longer has that version on her pc and everyone remember to attach her name on her works (whatever they are). That said, I ask if any of you does have it saved and would mind sending it to me..pweese? Oh, another question: is there a chance that the webmasters of HG will try to create another site similar to the one just shut down?

Alexis1895
Oh, another question: is there a chance that the webmasters of HG will try to create another site similar to the one just shut down?

That seems most unlikely. Since the webmistress asked herself to pass the message on, here it is:

"Hey, for those of you that still care:

I know that HG has a splash page up or what not and no stories. There were technical losses behind the scenes. I don't know when or if the site as it was will return. Many things were lost. And, right now, I am in school and overwhelmed. I am sincerely sorry for the loss of HG and would love to come back someday. If that happens, however, HG will very likely have to start from scratch.

Please pass this along.

With regrets,
A."

I am so sorry to read the news about HG. I too was a fan for many years an had still hope it would be restored again. In any case. Thank you A. for your investment and efforts and for brightning and enriching many of my days and nights (1) with those wonderful stories, which I will keep forever in my memory and heart.
All the best for your future!

irene
I know RL is a real block to many writers but will we have more of Sophie's intriguing " Symphony No. 2"? thanks Irene

In principle Sophie finishes her stories, and I'm sure it'll be the case with this one too, but she has a very demanding job, so there's little time, I fear, to sit down quietly and write. We will just have to be patient.

Hello, I have a certain scene of a ff story in mind but can't remember neither title nor authoress, can anyone help me please?
D is courting E at Longbourn but has to bully a brother of Charlotte Lukas first who is E's intended (according to Mrs Bennet).
E encourages D by taking his hand under the dinner table.
Thank You

Look for 'Fate and Consequences' by Linda Wells.
I hope this helps.

thanks Maria, but no I don't think it is Fate and Consequences, the Mr. Lukas I am referring to is a funny and kind of boasty type, but not nasty.
The scene I have in mind is quite funny, and so far I could not find in Fate and Consequences.

is this story completed?

moma
Hello, I have a certain scene of a ff story in mind but can't remember neither title nor authoress, can anyone help me please?
D is courting E at Longbourn but has to bully a brother of Charlotte Lukas first who is E's intended (according to Mrs Bennet).
E encourages D by taking his hand under the dinner table.
Thank You

Sounds like "By Every Civility In His Power" by Maria Faith

Not sure where to get it but you might check the JAFF Index.

Sandy

Maria Faith writes terrific stories and you can find her gem, "By Every Civility in his Power" through the Jaff Index at Austen Interlude.

I am also looking for a story.
It's not much to go on, and this is all I remember, but it is driving me crazy:

It's a Regency -- Darcy and Elizabeth are separated for some reason and she writes him a letter and all she says is "Please come".

Help!

Gwendolyn
Maria Faith writes terrific stories and you can find her gem, "By Every Civility in his Power" through the Jaff Index at Austen Interlude.

I am also looking for a story.
It's not much to go on, and this is all I remember, but it is driving me crazy:

It's a Regency -- Darcy and Elizabeth are separated for some reason and she writes him a letter and all she says is "Please come".

Help!

Hi Gwendolyn,

I think the story you are looking for is Lewis' "Rocks In The Stream". In it, there is a note to Darcy from Lizzy that says "Please come back." It is at the end of chapter 21.

Here is the link: http://meryton.com/mrr/Lewis/rocksindex.html
Sandy

Thanks so much, Sandy. That's the one. You have saved my sanity.

thank you Gwendolyn. I had been travelling for some days and couldn't check here for any replies, but yes you are right it's "By Every Civility In His Power".
I had been looking for it in different stories for quite some time, starting to think I had invented my own ff.
Now I'm looking forward to read it all over again. Thanks to You.

Looking for a fic...
I think it must have been a forced marriage, because the scene stuck in my head has Elizabeth afraid of Darcy, and darcy feeling very upset when he realizes that she thinks that he'd hurt her...
It's been a long time since I read it and for the life of me, I can't recall it's title.

Hello, I'm searching for a fic. It's called To Boast of my own Child and I was unable to either find it somewhere other than HG, or find the Author e-mail...can any of you help me?
Merlyn do you remember something else about the fic you're searching?those with a forced marriage are my favorites and if you have more details I could help...

I remember reading a story by Ayden some years ago and think it was called 'Windmills Of Their Minds', if I am not mistaken.
Being a great admirer of Ayden's writings I wonder if it is still available.
Also, 'Galleries of Whispers' had such a promising beginning and was taken off suddenly, much to my regret. Is there a chance to it ever getting completed?

I've remembered a fic I read some years ago: it's completed and the only thing I know for sure is that Elisabeth and Darcy were journeying to America(?) and their ship suffered an accident and the two of them had to spend some months on a desert island. It was regency(in some dialogues they talked of the impropety of living togheter) but I can't, for the life of me, remember the title of this work. They were rescued I think...do any of you know about it?

Sanguine by Kat25 available at FanFiction.net

It was, indeed, Sanguine! I haven't read it in some years and I recommend it to you all: it's really good! Thank you, Malena, for your information^_^

1 2 3