Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Malena's Parson's Pleasure

Nah, it goes too far... Elizabeth belongs to Darcy, period!

The scene with the hot poker was just depicted in an episode of "The Tudors" here in the US.

Was it? Tudors huh? Is it by the BBC? Never seen it. I read the anecdote in a historical novel called "The Three Edwards" Edward II is said to have suffered the horrible treatment, but as I pointed out in the note it was probably political gossip meant against Isabel, his wife and supposed murderer.
Thank you for the supportive comment!

Renée O
Nah, it goes too far... Elizabeth belongs to Darcy, period!

I guess Wickham's cure will be food for thought...

Loved the threatening, heroic colonel! I like him when he's angry! Thanks for the exciting new chapter, Malena. It was good for the colonel & Darcy to meet up again after so long apart.

Malena, "The Tudors" is an original Showtime Production starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers, another hunk. The main production company is Ireland-Canada for Octagon films and several other production companies. It's very lavish and the acting is excellent. The next season will deal with Henry the Eight"s last two wives.

Well hopefully after the Colonel tried to pummel Wickham and instead hit Darcy's face he will get his memory back. Hmmm. I just can't stand the Wick and I agree with the Colonel - he is a slimy snake. Looking forward to after the weekend for the next chapter. Hopefully Monday.

teb

lucy6526
Loved the threatening, heroic colonel! I like him when he's angry! Thanks for the exciting new chapter, Malena. It was good for the colonel & Darcy to meet up again after so long apart.

Yes! I like the colonel too! I have Rupert Perny Jones in mind as I am writing this. Yummy!!!

irene
Malena, "The Tudors" is an original Showtime Production starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers, another hunk. The main production company is Ireland-Canada for Octagon films and several other production companies. It's very lavish and the acting is excellent. The next season will deal with Henry the Eight"s last two wives.

I ll see if I can watch it through the internet.Sounds very interesting. I love JRM. He played an excellent George Osbourn in Vanity Fair a few years ago. He is the guy I have in mind when I write Wickham. Angelically wicked.

teb
Well hopefully after the Colonel tried to pummel Wickham and instead hit Darcy's face he will get his memory back. Hmmm. I just can't stand the Wick and I agree with the Colonel - he is a slimy snake. Looking forward to after the weekend for the next chapter. Hopefully Monday.

teb

Hopefully Monday!!! I am struggling with chater 8 of ANS here. And my beta for PP is to her ears with real life (school and things) so I am afraid you will have to wait a fortnight for it.
As to Darcy being beaten back to his memory! Hahahaha You are too funny!!!

My dears, rush over to Malena's pages, chapter 21 is up. Enjoy!

Mrs Darcy

There seems to be a problem with the link... the chapter does not show

Malena
Mrs Darcy

There seems to be a problem with the link... the chapter does not show

It does from the main page, though.

Try to refresh your page. The link works fine.

At first the idea of a Darcy who does not remember who he is, in bed with his younger sister, was a wee bit uncomfortable to contemplate.

But we can be confident that nothing untoward would happen because this is Darcy. I think you are exploring the relationship between memory and identity? It seems that in forgetting who he was, Darcy has truly found himself, and each time he recovers a specific memory--here, the nickname Sprout--it is symbolic for him finding the better man in himself.

Lacy
But we can be confident that nothing untoward would happen because this is Darcy.

Love all this insightful comment. Thank you Lacy.I am certain you are quite correct. He is little by little finding himself.

I am vastly comforted by Georgiana's presence at Pemberley. I hope Darcy is too! I am so glad he hasn't forgotten about Elizabeth. Thanks for the lovely new chapter, Malena. It was very sweet!

lucy6526
I am vastly comforted by Georgiana's presence at Pemberley. I hope Darcy is too! I am so glad he hasn't forgotten about Elizabeth. Thanks for the lovely new chapter, Malena. It was very sweet!

Thank you, Lucy. A reunion is coming soon. Stay tuned...

Malena
lucy6526

Thank you, Lucy. A reunion is coming soon. Stay tuned...

So glad for the new chapter. I hope Georgie is sincere and Mrs Amlesy tell Darcy or the col of their meeting with Wichy.

I still fear for Lizzy for I sure he will extract his revenge on Darcy through her.
Geri

I do wish Darcy would confide in someone regarding his memory loss. Wickham’s quest for revenge will be even more damaging if no one but he knows Darcy’s secret.
Hurry back with more!

Poor Darcy, his memory keeps coming back in bits and pieces. I wish he would at least tell Georgie the truth. Wickham and revenge...what else did he do while at Pemberley? More please

Message posted by Gayle:

Gayle
Can hardly wait for Elizabeth's arrival. This promises to be very entertaining. Thanks, Malena.

Great chapter.
I say, if Wick wants revenge he would know that he could get it through the Bennets. Lets hope Elizabeth is safe from the deceiver/seducer.

Love the reconnect with Darce and Georgiana.

teb

Chapter 22 is up, my dears. Enjoy! More to come soon!

Excited to see the update!

You have been very unfair, the updates are very slow coming and that chapter was very short and Elizabeth & William are still miles apart
my heart is trembling and nerves are fluttering with anticipations and anxieties.
I hate to comments when each time I read, you're putting more miles between E&D
I hope you won't let Darcy bow to Lady C commanments will Elizabeth joins Darcy at Pemberley while the Fitzwilliam in residence?
will the Bingley turn up at anytime soon?
always anxiously waiting for your next updates

Malena, you teasing woman!
Please tell me Lizzy won't be in Derbyshire while William is at Matlock!

Come back soon with more!

taryn

Sooner than you might be expecting!

Fun chapter! I want so much for Darcy to follow his heart but Lady C can be formidable!

Malena
taryn

That us what I like to hear.
geri

Chapter 23 and 24 have just been posted. Enjoy!

Many fanfictions do not assume that Darcy and Lady Catherine's daughter were betrothed "in their cradles," and, indeed, that is often considered a fantasy of the inestimable Lady Cat--though some call it a demented delusion.

In this universe, we find that not only is it so but it was sanctioned by Darcy's father in his will?

Lady Catherine was saying something Darcy did not catch, such was his confusion. He was absorbed in his meditations, trying to figure out how he would extricate himself from the chore his father had laid at his door, for he would not immolate himself at his cousin's altar of love for the world.

Huh. . . well, that certainly puts Darcy in a pickle of a straitjacket, not to mix my metaphors too finely.

And Elizabeth is on her way to her beloved William, only to find out he is the same as Darcy? She will eventually find out, right, although already this mixed-up identities has gone on longer than I might ever have imagined. Richard seems to suggest that Darcy could marry Lady Cat's Anne but then ask Elizabeth to be his mistress? It's to his credit Darcy does not even consider this idea.

I am also surprised to find that Richard, Georgiana's guardian and defacto father, is considered also to be her betrothed--though he intends to wait until she has grown up to marry her. It seems strange to those of us with modern sensibilities--but speaking of sensibilities, Colonel Brandon in JA's S&S was twice the age of Marianne when he married her. So older men and cousin-to-cousin--okay, I get it.

I have no idea of what might happen next. Thank you for your original and compelling vision.

Lacy
Many fanfictions do not assume that Darcy and Lady Catherine's daughter were betrothed "in their cradles," and, indeed, that is often considered a fantasy of the inestimable Lady Cat--though some call it a demented delusion.

In this universe, we find that not only is it so but it was sanctioned by Darcy's father in his will?
Lady Catherine was saying something Darcy did not catch, such was his confusion. He was absorbed in his meditations, trying to figure out how he would extricate himself from the chore his father had laid at his door, for he would not immolate himself at his cousin's altar of love for the world.

Huh. . . well, that certainly puts Darcy in a pickle of a straitjacket, not to mix my metaphors too finely.

And Elizabeth is on her way to her beloved William, only to find out he is the same as Darcy? She will eventually find out, right, although already this mixed-up identities has gone on longer than I might ever have imagined. Richard seems to suggest that Darcy could marry Lady Cat's Anne but then ask Elizabeth to be his mistress? It's to his credit Darcy does not even consider this idea.

I am also surprised to find that Richard, Georgiana's guardian and defacto father, is considered also to be her betrothed--though he intends to wait until she has grown up to marry her. It seems strange to those of us with modern sensibilities--but speaking of sensibilities, Colonel Brandon in JA's S&S was twice the age of Marianne when he married her. So older men and cousin-to-cousin--okay, I get it.

I have no idea of what might happen next. Thank you for your original and compelling vision.

It is difficult to see this arranged marriage issue as sth acceptable in our occidental modern society. But do not forget that to this day many modern societies do have this arrangement and are quite content with it. Take India and Africa to mention only 2. Have you had a look at the film 'Bride and Prejudice'? That Boliwood film brings up this very subject quite nicely in a Darcy Elizabeth context.As to regent times the subject is also brought up in the recent film 'Georgiana' featuring Keira Knighly. Apparently young ladies had been persuaded of the fantasy that that was true love!

Malena, I am so worried that you have something bad planned for E & D so they will not cross paths & not meet in time! The conversations between Darcy & the colonel were so much fun. Yes, they were born to breed...LOL! Your chapters are so amusing!!

lucy6526
The conversations between Darcy & the colonel were so much fun. Yes, they were born to breed...LOL! Your chapters are so amusing!!

Thank you Lucy. All I can ever wish for is to know that readers find my writing as amusing as I do. Thank you fortelling me. It is an author's sole rewarding

Well, I'm sure Elizabeth will have no issue with them marrying straight away, though she might be a bit shock to learn her William is Mr Darcy of Pemberley, but I'm sure she'll be over it.

It really cute that Darcy still act like a parson at times, I wonder if he'll remember the incident by longbourn brook before soon

thanks for the update Malena, though it generally leave me thrist for more.

if we could see darcy and lizzy united soon, much appriciated

Of course Fitzwilliam’s love interest will be Darcy’s Elizabeth. It can only get more comical and complicated from here! And the Matlock’s promoting a match between Darcy & Caroline & Bingley & Anne! Did Darcy hear anything Lady Catherine said about Mr. Collins going to visit his family in Hertfordshire!
This is too funny!

Kiss Anne here!

taryn
Of course Fitzwilliam’s love interest will be Darcy’s Elizabeth. It can only get more comical and complicated from here! And the Matlock’s promoting a match between Darcy & Caroline & Bingley & Anne! Did Darcy hear anything Lady Catherine said about Mr. Collins going to visit his family in Hertfordshire!
This is too funny!

Kiss Anne here!

YEY!!!At long last someone who sees the sign written on the wall!!!

What a tangle web you have woven with Lady Matlock match making. And by the time Darcy does get to Hertfordshire Lizzy wil be on her way to Derbyshire. LOL I look forward to more
Geri

This is seriously a great story! I check in everyday, waiting for the next morsel to be posted! Great choice on posting two chapters - I can barely stand to wait for the rest.

The twist this story has developed has now culminated so many questions: Will Elizabeth and William miss each other and she discover who he is by visiting his estate in his absense? What will Elizabeth's reaction be when she discovers William is Darcy? Will William fix all the wrongs and clear up Elizabeth's prejudices in time, to marry and conceive a baby before the end of the year? Wow, and I have even more questions, but I know this story will not disapoint!

I have I have to say again how fantastic this story is and how much I have fun being obsessed with this fanfic.

tallfleur
This is seriously a great story! I check in everyday, waiting for the next morsel to be posted! Great choice on posting two chapters - I can barely stand to wait for the rest.

The twist this story has developed has now culminated so many questions: Will Elizabeth and William miss each other and she discover who he is by visiting his estate in his absense? What will Elizabeth's reaction be when she discovers William is Darcy? Will William fix all the wrongs and clear up Elizabeth's prejudices in time, to marry and conceive a baby before the end of the year? Wow, and I have even more questions, but I know this story will not disapoint!

I have I have to say again how fantastic this story is and how much I have fun being obsessed with this fanfic.

And I can but be exceedingly grateful to you for letting me know of your pleasure in reading it! HA! An answer in style, is it not?

Yeah!! They are united in body and soul- now for the marriage!!! Hopefully they will soon have a baby and all will be right in their world.
A wonderful story- anxious for the next update!!
ANovick

Oh, what glory days

Thank god Darcy caved in to temptation ! I was worried for a second that he will reject Lizzy's initiative! So what's next, wedding? I do hope it's THE wedding

Malena, thank you for the very lovely chapter! I am so glad he gave in to her. She needed all that wonderful reassurance form her husband-to-be. Very nicely written!

Hey... I have read this one as well... You're an excellent story writer, I've read some of the stories on your site also... gonna need more chapters... go to! LOL

Well,Thank you! I hope I can take up on those unfinished soon. Glad you are enjoying the result of my hobbie...you are some reader, my dear. Been devouring stories lately, I have noticed. And we have similar tastes. I too loved Julie's Beatle Story.
saludos
Male

This is a great story! I love the way Darcy's character changes throughout. He will be an amazing husband (of course!) I am hoping you will finish it. I'd love to find out how they end up. Do they keep the inheritance? or does Darcy become a real Parson (because he actually would be pretty good at it.) Darcy is amazing - he could do anything. - I'd just feel bad if his cousin and sister have to get married. Please finish it. . . it's hard for us to be left hanging. Thanks for sharing your writing.

Of course I will finish it. I just must find the inspiration. By the way, thank you for commenting. Knowing that people are still interested in seing the story to the end certainly adds to inspire an author.

Ladies and gents, having finished her spectacular "A Naughty Star" Malena's picked up "A Parson's Pleasure" again. I'm thrilled, and I'm sure so will you.

Enjoy chapter 33!

Oh joy! I am so happy to see Parson's Pleasure has a new chapter. I love that Darcy got procured the license and they are finally going to get married! That is unless something does not get in the way. I hope Elizabeth can explain and convince Georgiana that the Wickster is no good.
It's great to see your hand taking up the pen again Malena. I've missed this story.

This was a lovely, hopeful chapter. I hope there is a bun in the oven already. I always like when Elizabeth forms a sisterly bond with Georgiana--very nice!

1 2