Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

I am so sorry to read the news about HG. I too was a fan for many years an had still hope it would be restored again. In any case. Thank you A. for your investment and efforts and for brightning and enriching many of my days and nights (1) with those wonderful stories, which I will keep forever in my memory and heart.
All the best for your future!

ty for your help found it. it is Finisterre

irene
I know RL is a real block to many writers but will we have more of Sophie's intriguing " Symphony No. 2"? thanks Irene

In principle Sophie finishes her stories, and I'm sure it'll be the case with this one too, but she has a very demanding job, so there's little time, I fear, to sit down quietly and write. We will just have to be patient.

Hello, I have a certain scene of a ff story in mind but can't remember neither title nor authoress, can anyone help me please?
D is courting E at Longbourn but has to bully a brother of Charlotte Lukas first who is E's intended (according to Mrs Bennet).
E encourages D by taking his hand under the dinner table.
Thank You

Look for 'Fate and Consequences' by Linda Wells.
I hope this helps.

thanks Maria, but no I don't think it is Fate and Consequences, the Mr. Lukas I am referring to is a funny and kind of boasty type, but not nasty.
The scene I have in mind is quite funny, and so far I could not find in Fate and Consequences.

is this story completed?

moma
Hello, I have a certain scene of a ff story in mind but can't remember neither title nor authoress, can anyone help me please?
D is courting E at Longbourn but has to bully a brother of Charlotte Lukas first who is E's intended (according to Mrs Bennet).
E encourages D by taking his hand under the dinner table.
Thank You

Sounds like "By Every Civility In His Power" by Maria Faith

Not sure where to get it but you might check the JAFF Index.

Sandy

Maria Faith writes terrific stories and you can find her gem, "By Every Civility in his Power" through the Jaff Index at Austen Interlude.

I am also looking for a story.
It's not much to go on, and this is all I remember, but it is driving me crazy:

It's a Regency -- Darcy and Elizabeth are separated for some reason and she writes him a letter and all she says is "Please come".

Help!

Gwendolyn
Maria Faith writes terrific stories and you can find her gem, "By Every Civility in his Power" through the Jaff Index at Austen Interlude.

I am also looking for a story.
It's not much to go on, and this is all I remember, but it is driving me crazy:

It's a Regency -- Darcy and Elizabeth are separated for some reason and she writes him a letter and all she says is "Please come".

Help!

Hi Gwendolyn,

I think the story you are looking for is Lewis' "Rocks In The Stream". In it, there is a note to Darcy from Lizzy that says "Please come back." It is at the end of chapter 21.

Here is the link: http://meryton.com/mrr/Lewis/rocksindex.html
Sandy

Thanks so much, Sandy. That's the one. You have saved my sanity.

thank you Gwendolyn. I had been travelling for some days and couldn't check here for any replies, but yes you are right it's "By Every Civility In His Power".
I had been looking for it in different stories for quite some time, starting to think I had invented my own ff.
Now I'm looking forward to read it all over again. Thanks to You.

Looking for a fic...
I think it must have been a forced marriage, because the scene stuck in my head has Elizabeth afraid of Darcy, and darcy feeling very upset when he realizes that she thinks that he'd hurt her...
It's been a long time since I read it and for the life of me, I can't recall it's title.

Hello, I'm searching for a fic. It's called To Boast of my own Child and I was unable to either find it somewhere other than HG, or find the Author e-mail...can any of you help me?
Merlyn do you remember something else about the fic you're searching?those with a forced marriage are my favorites and if you have more details I could help...

I remember reading a story by Ayden some years ago and think it was called 'Windmills Of Their Minds', if I am not mistaken.
Being a great admirer of Ayden's writings I wonder if it is still available.
Also, 'Galleries of Whispers' had such a promising beginning and was taken off suddenly, much to my regret. Is there a chance to it ever getting completed?

I've remembered a fic I read some years ago: it's completed and the only thing I know for sure is that Elisabeth and Darcy were journeying to America(?) and their ship suffered an accident and the two of them had to spend some months on a desert island. It was regency(in some dialogues they talked of the impropety of living togheter) but I can't, for the life of me, remember the title of this work. They were rescued I think...do any of you know about it?

Sanguine by Kat25 available at FanFiction.net

It was, indeed, Sanguine! I haven't read it in some years and I recommend it to you all: it's really good! Thank you, Malena, for your information^_^

Hi. Looking for a fic.

It's a modern story, Lizzy and Darcy have a son together. Most of the story is set when Lizzy's son is two years old and he is called William. Lizzy is living in Manchester. Jane and Charles are married and invite Lizzy and Darcy to their home. They lock Lizzy and Darcy in a room together for Lizzy to tell Darcy that he has a son. Anyone recognise it?

Carol_
Hi. Looking for a fic.

It's a modern story, Lizzy and Darcy have a son together. Most of the story is set when Lizzy's son is two years old and he is called William. Lizzy is living in Manchester. Jane and Charles are married and invite Lizzy and Darcy to their home. They lock Lizzy and Darcy in a room together for Lizzy to tell Darcy that he has a son. Anyone recognise it?

Hmm.... could you mean REFLECTIONS by Teg?
http://thedwg.com/derby/oldc/teg1.htm

Bonnie

Hmm.... could you mean REFLECTIONS by Teg?
http://thedwg.com/derby/oldc/teg1.htm

It's Reflections indeed. I've been looking everywhere for this fic but I couldnt remember the name. Thank you very much Bonnie.

Merlyn,
I just finished reading Take Me Away by Jill Tarah. It is on AHA. It has the criteria you mentioned--arranged marriage (not really forced) and she is afraid of him at one point. It is a western though so not sure if that is the one you are looking for.

~~T

Thank you Theresa. I don't think that's the one, but I'll definitely go check it out.
I have moved on in my searching to look for a story I can remember in more detail. This story had begun near rosings. There was a storm and darcy took refuge in a tenants cottage, where he meets Elizabeth. They share a "moment of passion". Later, when darcy goes back to look for her he learns that elizabeth and her aunt had only been passing through. The tenant couldn't remember the gardiners name, so darcy didn't know where to start looking.

Merlyn
Thank you Theresa. I don't think that's the one, but I'll definitely go check it out.
I have moved on in my searching to look for a story I can remember in more detail. This story had begun near rosings. There was a storm and darcy took refuge in a tenants cottage, where he meets Elizabeth. They share a "moment of passion". Later, when darcy goes back to look for her he learns that elizabeth and her aunt had only been passing through. The tenant couldn't remember the gardiners name, so darcy didn't know where to start looking.

Merlyn...I don't know about the first one you are looking for but this one is "No One Can Compare" by Sofie...it is at DWG http://www.austen.com/derby/old_2003/sofie5.htm or you can find it at Bennet Girls Site, too.

Sandy

Merlyn
Looking for a fic...
I think it must have been a forced marriage, because the scene stuck in my head has Elizabeth afraid of Darcy, and darcy feeling very upset when he realizes that she thinks that he'd hurt her...
It's been a long time since I read it and for the life of me, I can't recall it's title.

This one could be "A Marriage Worth the Earning" by Mary L.
Here is a quote
The intimidation Elizabeth now felt was even greater with her husband standing a few feet away than when he sat high above her. For every step he advanced forward, she stepped backward. Noticing her distress, Darcy halted, slowly shaking his head, and then rolling his eyes. "Elizabeth, even though I am angry, I have never laid a hand on a woman. My threat a moment ago was meaningless. I never should have allowed myself to utter such idle words in the heat of anger. Please, do not fear me."
With fiery eyes, she cried, "I do not fear you, sir!"
He inhaled loudly, sighed, and then rubbed his hand over his mouth and chin. Then, with prodigious effort of maintaining his self-possession, he spoke patiently. "I hope you do not. I would never strike you. However, I do insist that you never, and I do mean never, walk into Lambton unaccompanied again.

I don't think this story is finished yet. It was posted at DWG, and at Meryton.com. This could be the one you are looking for.

Sandy

Thank you Sandy! You are amazing! Those were the ones I was looking for.
I'm impressed and appreciative.

Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

Im looking for a fanfiction I started readng a while back. All I can remember is a scene right at the start where Elizabeth falls into a pond and almost drowns but is saved by ? darcy.

choccymad
Im looking for a fanfiction I started readng a while back. All I can remember is a scene right at the start where Elizabeth falls into a pond and almost drowns but is saved by ? darcy.

Is this a Regency or a Modern?

Have an urgent question about ff stories, ff sites, ff authors...?

A Regency - well not modern anyway ;)!

http://austen.com/derby/old_2004/elke15.htm
Try this, though it is E who rescues D

I'm looking for a story:

I just had a memory of a story pop into my head and I know I have read this somewhere but I can't remember any of the rest of the story.

Regency story - Lizzy and Darcy have married and either Lady Catherine or Lady Matlock came to Darcy's and was berating him for marrying Lizzy. They mentioned something about how many cards had been left since his marriage and apparently the amount had been significantly smaller than before his marriage. Lizzy didn't seem to know anything about this since she wasn't the one who looked at these cards.

That is all I can remember about it...just that one scene. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I don't even remember if it was finished or a wip that has been abandoned. Help!!

Sandy

Sandy C
I'm looking for a story:

I just had a memory of a story pop into my head and I know I have read this somewhere but I can't remember any of the rest of the story.

Regency story - Lizzy and Darcy have married and either Lady Catherine or Lady Matlock came to Darcy's and was berating him for marrying Lizzy. They mentioned something about how many cards had been left since his marriage and apparently the amount had been significantly smaller than before his marriage. Lizzy didn't seem to know anything about this since she wasn't the one who looked at these cards.

That is all I can remember about it...just that one scene. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I don't even remember if it was finished or a wip that has been abandoned. Help!!

Sandy

The story was found for me on another site. It is Sharon's Darcy Saga - Two Shall Become One.

Now it's time for a re-read.

Sandy

Is this still available online? I thought the works of this writer were only available in print.

Mrs. Darcy
Is this still available online? I thought the works of this writer were only available in print.
Right....in print only.

Mrs Darcy, this isn't urgent
but I was wondering
the author of Love Calls Twice, Nothing Between Us and that modern story of Mark Darcy & Elizabeth something, Elena, where is she of what happen to them? I did not get to finish the last two stories and I missed reading them. I think you posted a note about it, but I forgotten what the note said.

Elena (Lucia), did she finish 'An Affair in Three Simple Lessons'?
I love this story, but after chapter 43 all went quiet.The last chapter and finish was to follow and I wondered what happened.
Is there any chance for this last part to get hold of? It is do frustating not to be able to get the end of this wonderful story.
Please help a very frustrated lady.
Thank you.

Help! I'm looking for a modern story: Lizzie is American; Darcy is a Britsh business mogul & Mrs. Bennett owns an art gallery in NYC. Lizzie & D have a fight & he leaves for London before she realises she is pregnant.

I haven't found it by searching JAFF; but I know I've read it several times. It's one of my favorites.

OOO...I want to read that story too, Sara. Anyone? Anyone?

perhaps Art & Allurement by Allegretto/Laura?

http://meryton.com/mrr/allegretto7/allegretto7.html

No, I like that one too, but it's not the one I'm thinking of.

Thanks!
Sara

Sara Barron
Help! I'm looking for a modern story: Lizzie is American; Darcy is a Britsh business mogul & Mrs. Bennett owns an art gallery in NYC. Lizzie & D have a fight & he leaves for London before she realises she is pregnant.

I haven't found it by searching JAFF; but I know I've read it several times. It's one of my favorites.

Sara, could it be I Thank You, No by Devon? I don´t know if it is available anymore on the web, but it was completed on Firthness.

Unfortunately Devon withdrew her stories from Firthness where she used to be one of the exclusive authors. So, the stories are nowhere to be found on the net anymore. Such a shame, I loved her Regency P&P (forgot the title). Poor me, I didn't even have the chance to read "I Thank You, No" in its entirety before Devon had it pulled. So, I don't know about any pregnancy, but Mrs Bennet owned an art gallery in NYC, that's for sure.

kslily23
Hi All!

I was wondering if anyone remembers a story on HG that was a WIP just before HG closed.

It was called " The Opera" or "At the Opera" and was a modern E&D story. Lizzy was a cantor for a church in Boston and Richard was a musical theater producer who discovered her. She was cast opposite the star William Darcy in Phantom of the Opera.

Does anyone know if this was ever posted anywhere else? Does anyone recall the author?

Thanks so much!

irene
Kslily23, The story you are looking for was tittled "At The Opera" by KMalkamaki. As far as I know it hasn't been reposted or restarted at any other site. Some one at another site did contact the writer but her RL is very busy. If I remember correctly she is in school. Hopefully in the future she will restart it again, I myself would like to read it. In the meantime their are some wonderful stories right here. Irene

Thanks so much, Irene!

I love the stories here, too. I think I've read them all! I know I've read from every author. I lurk a lot and am so blessed that you all are so creative and share your creations with me (and everyone else)!

I just happened to think of this story the other day and wondered....

Oh No!!
That must have been it. I found the page where it used to be and recognised the art image. I really hope Devon reports or publishes it.
Thanks.
Sara

Hey Renee,
Hoping for something to read. I am stranded at home in WV with 20+ inches of snow outside. Anything to post? I hope so! Thanks! Cindy

Same here, honey! Well, I'm anxiously awaiting Malena's en Belen's...

Are you snowed in too? Thanks for the reply. I'll continue to read recommendations. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Hi! Does anyone know the name of the story where Darcy and Elizabeth are married but he is afraid of intimacy because he doesnt want her to get pregnant or something like that? Thanks!

I'm looking for a story about Darcy meeting Elizabeth in London about a year after the proposal. She is a companion to an older lady. She's been to Italy and she has cut her hair. I think they meet at the Opera. Also, he lives near her and helps her with her dogs.

That's all I can remember.

Thanks.

1 2