Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
meme: recognize all these Colin Firth movie kisses? ;)

Just for fun!

Re: meme: recognize all these Colin Firth movie kisses? ;)

It just makes me ****meeeeeeltttt*!

Of all the kisses she has seen, Mrs Darcy still thinks the P&P one's the best!

Mrs. Darcy
Of all the kisses she has seen, Mrs Darcy still thinks the P&P one's the best!

I know that this is not your favourite movie...but it is my favourite kiss ever!

I love this one too, my dear, I loved the movie. After all, it started my love for Colin Firth! But quite frankly, even though he takes his time with this one, I don't consider him a convincing fake kisser. I know actors who are better in that regard.

The kiss between Jeremy Northam and Jennifer Ehle in Possession for instance... *drool*

Mrs. Darcy
I love this one too, my dear, I loved the movie. After all, it started my love for Colin Firth! But quite frankly, even though he takes his time with this one, I don't consider him a convincing fake kisser. I know actors who are better in that regard.

The kiss between Jeremy Northam and Jennifer Ehle in Possession for instance... *drool*

I know that there must a long queue of much better 'fake' kissers...but I remember watching this movie, particularly the last scene in the snow, when he folds her in his great coat against him and begins kissing her so softly...I fell in love with him. I must have watched that scene a hundred thousand tin¿mes and has alwyas bewitched me in the same way. I did not know CF at that time, this was my first movie...I must have been 30...ever since I have been following his career and well...shared this wonderful madness for Mr Darcy, the role he played 3 times! By the way...I have a litttle poll on Whose is your favourite Mr Darcy's kiss,(means that it only counts the kiss of PP movies) featuring Elliot Cowan, James Mc Avoy(he played Lefroyed but there was a hint he was the real Mr Darcy in the movie), Matthew Macfadyen and Colin Firth. Must own that MM seems to be the favourite though I confess I hated the kiss of the movie.My favourite is, as I have stated, CF as Mark Darcy at the end of BBD. If anyone would like to leave her/his vote, here is the link.
Enjoy!
http://madaboutdarcy.blogspot.com/

I haven't seen either BJD or P&P1995 in ages, but I thought the kiss in P&P nicer even though much shorter perhaps because both actors had a relationship at the time. I'm hopelessly romantic, I presume.

Mrs. Darcy
I haven't seen either BJD or P&P1995 in ages, but I thought the kiss in P&P nicer even though much shorter perhaps because both actors had a relationship at the time. I'm hopelessly romantic, I presume.

Let us say CF is not much of a pretender. He has fallen for many of his female partners and even married two!

I don't believe he married either Jennifer Ehle or Meg Tilly, but he lived together with the latter for a couple of years in Canada and she's the mother of his eldest son. Come to think of it, between Valmont and Mme de Tourvel there's more chemistry, IMHO, than between Mark and Brigid. Valmont is one of my fav CF movies.

Just to follow the game...
I recognise the 1st is from BJD The Edge of Reason.
the 7th (on the beach) is from his recent film Genova,the 10th from his gourgeous impersonation of Valmont,the 11th(oh my I just melt thinking of him in this one) from his impersonation of a most sexy father of two little kids in Then She Found Me, 12th is from the same film, 17th (I may have lost the count)is from his hilarious role in The Importance of Being Earnest,24th OMG that was more than a kiss...ehmm again from Then She Found Me...though here it seems he found her, if you ask me...25th the same(here he wanted to go on but the kids were there, mind you, 30th The Accidental Husband,31st Love Actually...I loved him there...(he seems to be prone to falling into lakes)LOL, 32nd Love Actually,33rd The Secret Garden? am not sure here... must go on counting be with you with the restin in a minute...34th Valmont, 35th Valmont,36th What a Girl Wants, 37th BJ The Edge of Reason, 38th the same film,the 39th the same and last one needs no aknowlegments, does it?
Yes, Valmont is also one of my favourite Firth's films, PP, BJ and TSFM come before though, if you take romantic films into account only. I love his little part in the English Patient(he killed them yes! They deserved it)and also in Genova.

Very good, Malena! Now, my memory is terrible, so I ought to watch again, but I'm pretty sure I recognized a very young Catherina Zete Jones with whom he played "Out of the Blue", I believe, and I thought I recognized Lisa Zane in "Femme Fatale".

Oh, yes, and Fever Pitch and And When Did You Last See your Father (I think)

Mrs. Darcy
Very good, Malena! Now, my memory is terrible, so I ought to watch again, but I'm pretty sure I recognized a very young Catherina Zete Jones with whom he played "Out of the Blue", I believe, and I thought I recognized Lisa Zane in "Femme Fatale".

Oh, yes, and Fever Pitch and And When Did You Last See your Father (I think)

O I didn't see those. Notice I have added the last ones to the list

I bet I didn't notice a few, will watch it again, such a great song too!

Mrs. Darcy
I bet I didn't notice a few, will watch it again, such a great song too!

"What a Girl Wants", "The Hour of the Pig", how could I've forget that one, "Londinium" and "The Secret Laughter of Women", such an adorable movie! I'm not sure but I think "Wings of Fame" is included.

How did I miss THIS thread!? I thought I'd seen nearly all of CF's films, but I don't remember some of those smooches.. I might have to watch some of them again.

They're all very nice but I think my favorite is the lovely kiss on the platform in Londinium. Of course the kiss at the end of P&P is very nice, too.. (though it was overwith way too quickly).

Thank you for that video!

Cheers,
Julia B

Julia B

They're all very nice but I think my favorite is the lovely kiss on the platform in Londinium. Of course the kiss at the end of P&P is very nice, too.. (though it was overwith way too quickly).

Thank you for that video!

Cheers,
Julia B

Oh yes, Julia, I agree, that kiss in Londinium was lovely . And the P&P kiss was indeed way too short.